Kurane

Stop BSL Lineage v.2

Aryxon is alive! Sorry Kurane, and my fellow breeders, I have been a bit busy. Heh... Anywho, I was wondering if my Hellfire Wyvern lineage (almost PB except for the second-gen father's parents) is alright to post? I have a breeding pair, but unfortunately lack egg slots. Just say the word and I'll have eggs ASAP after the next six or so days. Aryxon: out!

Feel free to post that lineage Aryxon! I always love to see what people are making.

Which reminds me...I should probably update my own lineage. ^^;

This is my Hellfire lineage - aside from the third-gen (2 gen lineage) mother, it's purebred! Yaaaay. Edited by AryxonNabalMornaug

Alright, the member list has now been updated! Thanks to everyone who responded!

Those lineages look really nice you two! thumbs_up.png

My line ended with this Ember. I think I'll start another one soon. wink.gif

I would like to renew/carry over my membership from v1 please. Truth be told, I've not been very active, but I do have BSL lineages and this is the only lineage thread I've ever had an interest in. If anyone is interested in the pairing of 2 of my Dragons or having a "pup" from an existing lineage, please let me know.

I'm glad to see the new Dragons being added to the list.

I would also like to add that I work/volunteer in German Shepherd rescue.

Would you be open to allowing the use of Gaurdians? Regular ol' run of the mill, cave blockin, Gaurdians? I feel like they're a good fit for the German Shepherd type. If so, I'd love to join. Well, I'll join either way but I'll have to spend major time searching for new ones.

Also, I worked training German Shepherds as service dogs and not a better mutt (I use that as a term of endearment) can be had in my opinion so it always saddens me to see them included in the awfulness that is BSL

@Dracarys: Welcome back! I'll put you back on the member list.

@Speedyheart: Welcome! Glad to have you on board!

Due to the size of their shield, I can see how Guardians would be intimidating and misunderstood as a result, so I'm fine with adding them to the list.

I'll look through the new breeds we have available to us soon and put some ideas out for everyone to consider. In the meantime, thank you to all the members for your patience with this first time lineage project mod and thanks for being part of this project!

his is a really great project, but should it really just be limited to here? NO! I will spread this to the two other forums I go on, and it will help. If you guys have any other forums you go on , spread the word! BSLs MUST STOP! smile.gif

I just noticed the AoND site is back up!

Hooray!

See siggy - great help in hatching with wonderful tools and tips. smile.gif

*edit*

not on active list anymore.... 0.o

I have been super busy with RL stuff. Would like to be added back again, please.

Reorganizing my breeding pairs, but my true Blacks will be producing eggs again soon.

Edited by Zoa

@Dragoniclove123: That's a wonderful idea! The more awareness we can create about this issue, the better!

@Zoa: Welcome back! I've re-added you to the member list.

While cruising over scrolls, I noticed some differences in how people differentiate between Cave Born, Biome Born, Bred and "other" types of dragons. Naming is so widespread, its hard to tell what is what anymore.

For myself, I've done all my pre-biome dragons as CB (Cave Born) - meaning they came from the communal cave that started it all.

BB is Biome Born, meaning that egg was found in a biome. I tend to name my primary mating pair to match the biome(s) they are from, and the rest as my mood swings.

My bred dragons, and those I resuce from the AP, are names after their parents. If the parents are not named, then I use some form of "nameless" or even "name" - but am starting to run out of options!

And of course I have specific lines which are named for certain things, like my mated BLS Blacks. smile.gif

Just curious... how does everyone here name their babies?

All my BSL are tagged as such - that's a given. I do ask ppl who get any of my BSL eggies to pls add that - doesn't always happen though. *sigh*

I really like the idea of this lineage. Before I stumbled upon this thread, I had no IDEA of the threat posed to so many dogs. I'm not ashamed to say I have a pit bull mix myself who is the sweetest dog on earth. If she were taken away, I would be heartbroken, no exaggeration.

I like the idea of using Guardians for this lineage, and I have plenty, so with some renaming they could be part of a PB lineage for this project!

I'd love to join this, please!

@Windra: Welcome to the project! I've added your name to the member list and if you have any questions at all, feel free to post here or send a PM. smile.gif

A lot of people don't realize the threat posed by BSL. To be honest, I didn't know the full extent of it either until I saw the old thread created by Delphine. It's sad how we tell children not to judge people until they get to know them, and yet we are so willing to label a dog as "dangerous" just because of its breed. *shakes head* Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now... ^^;

Again, welcome to the project! I look forward to seeing your lineage!

Princess Kika (a dark brindle Pit Bull) was just introduced to Chance, a rescued kitten I bottle fed months ago. Chance got out of the house while I was away (apparently pushed out a screen) and Princess Kika "caught" him. I should have taken a picture!

Princess Kika had cornered the kitteh near my flower beds, pinned the wayward cat, and laid on him until I got home! I have no idea how long the Princess had Chance pinned as I was gone for a couple of hours.

Typically, the cats (I have an older tomcat as well) would sit in the window sills and watch Princess Kika "guard" the yard from ferocious birds and butterflies. The cats kinda "talk" to the dog sometimes. Kika would sit within view of the cats and kinda do this gurgling bark thing and the cats would mew back.

The Princess knows the cats don't belong outside, and it just blew me away that she pinned Chance to keep him from running amok. Kika has been known to catch stray cats who come onto our property and kill them - and she is an awesome rat hunter. Yes, I live in the country. smile.gif

Needless to say, Chance was a puff-ball of terrified fur! When Kika let me take him from under her, Chance latched onto my arm (ouch!) and wouldn't let go. He's still kinda clinging to me as I attempt to type this.

People who don't know Pit Bulls are just propagating the media myth that they are terrible dogs. I always get irate with ignorant people.

Damn, shoulda taken a picture!

Princess Kika (a dark brindle Pit Bull) was just introduced to Chance, a rescued kitten I bottle fed months ago. Chance got out of the house while I was away (apparently pushed out a screen) and Princess Kika "caught" him. I should have taken a picture!

Princess Kika had cornered the kitteh near my flower beds, pinned the wayward cat, and laid on him until I got home! I have no idea how long the Princess had Chance pinned as I was gone for a couple of hours.

Typically, the cats (I have an older tomcat as well) would sit in the window sills and watch Princess Kika "guard" the yard from ferocious birds and butterflies. The cats kinda "talk" to the dog sometimes. Kika would sit within view of the cats and kinda do this gurgling bark thing and the cats would mew back.

The Princess knows the cats don't belong outside, and it just blew me away that she pinned Chance to keep him from running amok. Kika has been known to catch stray cats who come onto our property and kill them - and she is an awesome rat hunter. Yes, I live in the country. smile.gif

Needless to say, Chance was a puff-ball of terrified fur! When Kika let me take him from under her, Chance latched onto my arm (ouch!) and wouldn't let go. He's still kinda clinging to me as I attempt to type this.

People who don't know Pit Bulls are just propagating the media myth that they are terrible dogs. I always get irate with ignorant people.

Damn, shoulda taken a picture!

This! You've explained my feelings exactly. It seems like you have a wonderful dog, too. <3

I've decided I'm probably going to work with Guardians and Brutes, with my Brutes named after Pit Bulls. Not sure about the Guardians, though, or if I should do a checker or a stairstep... xd.png

EDIT: Decided to make Guardians Dobermans. I love that breed. :3

Edited by Windra

I would very much like to join, being a pit bull owner myself. Brutes are my dragon of choice for this... if that's alright... already raised her. unsure.gif

@Bohem: Welcome to the project! I've added you to the member list. smile.gif

You're perfectly welcome to choose any of the eligible breeds you want! We're happy to have you and your lovely Brute lady aboard.

Edited by Kurane

Splendid! Thank you, Kurane.

Is there any reference as to which members are breeding what in regards to representation of the various dog breeds? Forgive me if I've overlooked it.

@Bohem: There's no specific list of dragon breed X = dog breed Y. It's very much a make your own lineage using the eligible breeds you want kind of project. If you want to have Black dragons represent Dobermans, for example, that's perfectly fine. smile.gif

Oh, I know. biggrin.gif I was just curious to see who else might be doing Brutes as APBTs, in the interest of future egg swapping for my purebred plans. Muhaha.

I think I'll do Brute X Frostbite

Frostbite=Huskies

Brute=Pit Bulls

That is how my lineage will work.

Edited by Lothuialel