Kurane

Stop BSL Lineage v.2

@ Ilia: You've been added to the list. Welcome aboard!

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. sad.gif If someone ever did something like that to my lab...I don't know what I would do without him.

It's a new year, and I have some links to share so we can spread more information about BSL.

From the HugABull Advocacy and Rescue Society: Link

From the Canadian Federation of Humane Societies: Link

From the Animal Justice site: Link

From the Toronto Humane Society: Link

@Kurane Thank you so much for caring. It truly does mean a lot to me, even after many years has passed since then..

The link to my dragon is here: Ripley

I truly hope we can help raise awareness for this. It's such a shock that people would think of doing this to these poor sweet animals. And in truth, maybe a few dogs are bad by nature, but most are from the direct acts of humans. A Labrador or any other dog can be extremely sweet or extremely mean, it's all about how you treat them..

I've finally had a chance to work on my BSL lineage. Holidays and then a family members illness and finally his death on the 13th, kinda messed me up.

I have chosen the Brute Dragons for my lineage. I have 7 eggs hatching today and have 2 females ready to breed as soon as these eggs hatch.

Edit

Eggs all hatched, sure hope the influence worked. Bred the only two adult females I have and managed to get one egg. One pair didn't produce any eggs.

Edit again

My brute eggs all grew up and I guess the influence did ok, after all. I got 4 females and 2 males. Now I can breed.

Edit again

Jan 22/15

Bred 6 pairs of dragons and got 5 eggs today and I picked up 1 egg in the cave.

Edited by GreenDragonMama

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been a bit absent (again ^^; ), but post secondary does keep a person busy. I hope everyone's lineages are progressing and your dragons are being cooperative.

This thread has been really quiet lately, so beginning the first weekend of February, I'm going to start sending out periodic activity checks.

Edited by Kurane

I haven't been able to get farther than a third gen so far, but I'm working on it. These are the current lineages I have:

Thunder x Hellfire

Red x Ember

Red x Ember

Red x Red

Red x Red

Hellfire x Bleeding Moon

Red x Black

Red x Black

Edit: I'm still collecting CB, so more pairings are on the way.

Edited by North_of_North_love

I'm in! Those people are sick. I have a pitbull great dane mix; their ultimate enemy tongue.gif . I will change the name of the dragon breeds soon. Thnx!

Edited by wingedwillow

All the eggs I bred on the 22 nd of January and the one I picked up in the cave have all hatched.

Trying to decide if I want to breed a second gen to a CB, or breed two 2 nd get together.

Activity checks have been sent out. Thanks in advance to everyone that gets back to me smile.gif

Sorry I haven't been active here much. i'll have to go over the breeds again now that I've collected some very nice CB's since my last post here.

After the valentine cycle, I'll be breeding my wonderful BSL blacks again.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Sorry I haven't been active here :c

This was one of my first breeding projects when I joined DC, and I should really find time for it.

My plan was (and is!) to give each project dragon breed the name of a dog breed affected by BSL, then breed them together to get the highest generation I can!

This as far as I got when I ran out of steam.

I'm thinking off redoing it, since as you can see I had to trade for several of my starting 2nd gens - I began this so long ago I didn't have two CBs of those breeds! And since there are so many new dragon breeds added - and we can have more than 2 holiday dragons on our scrolls- I can have all purebred 2nd gens as the base (although I will have to wait until Halloween for my Halloween dragons).

In any event, I won't be doing anything until after Valentines day.

oh...this is back! Yay! A reason to collect Spitfires again! (I may be adding more of my dragon breeds into this, (probably Brutes and Brimstones at least) but for now, Spitfires) I have gone ahead and updated my sig banner link. I'm still in the process of collecting my caveborns for the base of the lineages, (after the V-day thing) but I'm back at least.

Question: If I have a CB of one of the eligable breeds, but it initially wasn't part of this project, (for instance, my Brimstones..on page 2 of my scroll) can I add it to the project by editing the name to include "BSL" ? Also, do both parents of eligable eggs have to have the "BSL" or just one? This is the first (and so far only) official lineage project I ever joined, and I still don't quite understand everything about offical lineage projects. xd.png;

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

Happy Valentines Day everyone! <3 <3

Hope your hunting has been going well!

@VioletWhirlwind: Absolutely you can add it! If it is a breed that has been added to the eligible list (like the Falconiform and Frostbite), feel free to add BSL to the dragon's name and use it in your project. The eligible breed parent should have BSL in its name, but the other parent wouldn't (i.e. if you bred a Cassare and an Undine, the Cassare would have BSL in the name, but the not the Undine). Feel free to post or PM any questions you have. smile.gif

OOOOhhh!!!

BSL Princess Kika is mad at BSL Akua Maka!

He went and did a nono during the Valentine's event: http://dragcave.net/valentines15/Zoa

Do note, the Waterhorse is NOT Princess Kika!

I attempted to breed the BSLs and no egg was produced. sad.gif

Will try again in a week folks.

Hey, guys!~~

I don't have any current BSL dragons (I'm slacking) but bout to go hunt to start a Brute lineage, and if I find enough focus, I'll probably look into some good breeds for a checker. biggrin.gif Thought I'd check in, I said I would since I haven't in so long, so!~

Greetings!

I come bringing a BSL baby ♥

Please offer a dummy so I know who among our supporters claim this fluffy baby ♥

Make an offer on my eggs/hatchlings!

p.s. I hope it's okay that I broke the naming rules on the first gen. o.o

If it's not okay, contact me please? :3

It's so cute...and fluffy. 0.o <3

Thank you for the little darling, Pandalf!

The naming of the first gen is fine. smile.gif

Put together in the lineage like that, it does the same job of raising awareness (and looks really nice).

Edit: I have a BSL baby ready for a good home as well. Please offer a dummy so I know who adopts it: Link

Edited by Kurane

There would be no need for BSL if breeders bred dogs responsibly. I do think BSL is needed until dog bite rates and dog bite mortality have gone down. The biggest problem is pure breeding which leads to inbreeding of dog species. Not only can it lead to aggressive dog species, it causes genetic diseases to spread. (hip displasia in German Shepards anyone?) What this thread has thought me is that humans are sick and laws now have to be implemented to right the wrongs that people have created.

A quote form one of my favourite authors:

“Dogs are not like cats, who amusingly tolerate humans only until someone comes up with a tin opener that can be operated with a paw. Men made dogs, they took wolves and gave them human things--unnecessary intelligence, names, a desire to belong, and a twitching inferiority complex. All dogs dream wolf dreams, and know they're dreaming of biting their Maker. Every dog knows, deep in his heart, that he is a Bad Dog...”

― Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms

I can't believe some of the less dangerous and small breeds are added to the list though, yes they tend to have temperament issues some time but does not need BSL to be added for them. LOL, I see how they classified them, they might want to revise it. Must agree that whoever made that list should be stopped. Soon they will be banning Guinea pigs!

Edited by KittyHeart

@KittyHeart: I agree that breeders need to be more responsible and that pure breeding definitely has pitfalls. Hip displasia is a problem for Labs as well and there are certainly other medical issues caused by the inbreeding. Owners bear a lot of the responsibility as well, though. Even a dog from a gentle breed can become dangerous if not trained or cared for properly. My problem with BSL is that it punishes the innocent members of the breed. Pitbulls are a good example of this. A friend of mine with two young girls owns a pitbull who is one of the sweetest dogs you will meet. This sweet and gentle dog would be put down in some places just for being a Pitbull. Honestly, I don't think killing the innocent reduces dog bites. Education and responsibility for the owners of all dogs would be more effective. (Not intending to sound argumentative or antagonistic, in case it came across that way.)

On an unrelated note, I finally got the Ember I needed! <3

I'm all for adding colossiss Dragon to list! Whoot!! First post on this thread(my first post I guess I'm no longer silent huh? )

My red x dispus (sucky spelling sorry!) Line is complete... waiting on yours!

Last gen name is alice bone bullpit mix bsl. Waiting for your trade egg kur!

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

So I've decided to rework my plan a bit. I'm going to re-do the cb pairings that aren't single-breed, which means a few of them won't be bred until Halloween. That being said, I have two new project eggs c:

Here and here

Since I'm sure most folks don't know what I've been working on (very slowly!) since I joined DC ages ago... I've used one breed of dragon to represent one breed of BSL-affected dog. The plan is to make as many generations as I can biggrin.gif

My progress before I got distracted by other breeding projects:

5th gen

I will be re-doing the electric, black and black marrow pairings, but I'm going to keep the ones that don't have BSL names on their CB parents. Those were eggs bred for me just for this project way back when I didn't have the CB pairs of my own wink.gif

@KittyHeart you have a somewhat simplistic view of the complex issue of breeding and temperament/aggression. Irresponsible breeding is irresponsible no matter if it's pure breeding or cross-breeding. Look at all the "designer" dogs (Labradoodles, Puggles, etc.). Many of them have physical and temperament issues and yet are sold for thousands of dollars each when you could get a dog of similar type from your local pound/humane agency.

And for the record I breed and train working German Shepherd Dogs to the European standard. My dogs have been vet certified free of hip & elbow defects for generations (easily done by x-rays, btw) as well as temperament and competition tested. All of this is REQUIRED by my breed organization. Any dog that doesn't meet these standards doesn't breed. Simple as that. These dogs go on to do police work, search and rescue, personal protection, IPO/Schutzhund competition and to just be excellent family companions.

There is only one reason why many breeders (pure-bred or otherwise) don't adhere to such exacting standards. Simple human greed.

And ignorance is what feeds BSL. Statistically mixed-breed dogs bite more than any single pure breed, but "Mixed breed" doesn't have the same hysteria potential as "Pit Bull" or "Doberman" or "German Shepherd" =p

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been absent lately, but I just wanted to let you know the project is still going!

@AroaraAngelwolf: I completely forgot about the RedxDesipis you needed! Sorry about that! I'll have an egg slot open in a couple days, so I'll try to breed you one then.

If you don't hear from me by the weekend, feel free to prod me with a PM.

Hello again everyone! I've been absent from this thread again, and I apologize for the neglect. I will be sending out activity checks in the next day or two and those who do not respond within a month will be deemed inactive and removed from the member list.