Ayelldee

Conjectures ABout November Release

No luck tonight, anyway - I guess the empty scrolls will have to sit another day, just in case... and every weekend hereafter... rolleyes.gif

You can just check the timestamp of your posts smile.gif

It's 1AM DC time now.

EDIT: Forgot DST...

That's what I did. s:

Hm, theres no errors in my time settings, with DST on I'm even less synced with the time. I guess I'll just count everything one hour less from now on.

edit:

So what other time could it be now? 1p?

Yep.

Edited by suskekun222

I'm disappointed in no release. It's just too long to wait now - sure Xmas is coming - but then there's the long wait til Valentine's. Just too long.

I give up... I'm locking myself with metals and then back to work. If there's a release later, I'll just drop them into the AP and hopefully make someone really happy biggrin.gif

I'm disappointed in no release. It's just too long to wait now - sure Xmas is coming - but then there's the long wait til Valentine's. Just too long.

There still might be a release, November isn't over yet and remember that TJ regularly releases new non-Holiday dragons on 1PM EST time now.

I grabbed myself some really nice eggs from the AP, I don't know if I can bring myself to abandon these if there is a release xd.png

Well, TJ probably was super busy with the whole Encyclopedia thing. At least we still have the Christmas dragons to look forward to. (And finally being able to unlock the holiday egg sprites for the Encyclopedia)

I didn't notice the releases were coming at 1PM now... that's not as convenient for me as midnight was xd.png. I usually wake up about 3 hours after that! Agh, I'm gonna miss em all!

And actually, tomorrow I'll be working, so looks like I won't get any if there is a release *sigh*

Twimm, I feel your pain - midnights worked MUCH better for me and the other night owls/people in other time zones I generally talk to.

Even for those working daytime weekdays who are close to DC's time, a lot of things usually need to be done in the daytime on the weekends.

But with all of the different working hours and time zones involved, any particular time is going to suck for a lot of us.

I was really hoping for one tonight, though, unlikely as it may have been, since I'm naturally more awake at this hour, lol.

Oh, well...

DC has always been a great place for insomniacs, we just need to be unable to sleep and able to make time in the day, lol.

Edit: corrected improper tense in a sentence, made addition, probably missed typos... laugh.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

I can understand the reasoning behind stopping the scheduled releases, at least a little bit. But it would still be nice to know when things are happening or not, just so I don't spend a month too afraid to egg lock myself. My phone's connection isn't amazing, so catching new breeds will be hard enough as is without having to go about abandoning eggs Id rather keep (and may have been extremely lucky in snagging at all).

But then again, that's just my own problem and doesn't apply to a ton of people. Wanting to have a little warning for release times does, though!

Maybe TJ could announce releases one day before they happen?

That way, they still wouldn't be scheduled, but those of us working and such on weekends might actually be able to plan around them and deal with making scroll space. Somehow I doubt this comment will ever reach him, but it would still be very nice to have a day (or even just a couple hours) of notice.

Were we promised monthly drops? I thought that was sort of attatched to the 1 pm on the first full Saturday/Sunday weekend of the month. TJ is asleep and some robotic element will release it at a totally random time inconvenient to all but the robot or insomniac.

If there is/was no November egg, that will make the wonder worry for January higher. Christmas will be here in 26 days as will the new holiday eggs. I can picture it now. THe magi egg lilac with a gold crown. or perhaps a santa egg with red velveteen egg and white fur trim. The dragon will resemble a reindeer.

That is enough nonsense from me. I am going to go peek again and then read a chapter and go to bed. 5:00 am wake ups to pick up at 6 come awfully early on dark winter mornings.

Happy hunting to all alot.png .

Well, if TJ's sticking to the first weekend of the month, maybe next week-end then...

Edit: never mind me, the ongoing sleep deprivation study I've inadvertently engaged in has left its mark - I misunderstood what was said. laugh.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

Well, if TJ's sticking to the first weekend of the month, maybe next week-end then...

But that would be December...

I do believe TJ did say (or at least hint) that they would still be monthly. The only thing that wasn't going to be clear was exactly when in the month it would be; even weekdays aren't impossible. He just said it was more likely it would be on the weekends. o3o

It might be completely random again, which is unfortunate. While I understand the toll it must take on TJ, especially when he has all of these big updates, I still think it's definitely not as great anymore without the certainty of releases.

I hate random releases ._. All I want to do is grab falconiforms and I can't because I have to be careful for the release lol

Hopefully it's later today xd.png

But that would be December...

I do believe TJ did say (or at least hint) that they would still be monthly. The only thing that wasn't going to be clear was exactly when in the month it would be; even weekdays aren't impossible. He just said it was more likely it would be on the weekends. o3o

It might be completely random again, which is unfortunate. While I understand the toll it must take on TJ, especially when he has all of these big updates, I still think it's definitely not as great anymore without the certainty of releases.

In other words, probably not a good idea for slower people to hunt even on weekdays, in months where a Release has not yet occurred, in case.

I'm thinking from here on in to maybe try for only one 'must-keep' egg at a time, so I can at least catch 6 new eggs if I can, (if I happen to catch the Flood,) on the chance they might be like the Blusang, Coppers, Pyralspites and hardly seen by us again after Release for months or longer.

I was gifted all of my CB Pyralspites, having missed the Release, or I'd have none, (have only seen, I think, 2 in the Cave,) and my computer's fairly new - some people still have none, except those from the Volcano.

I hate missing Releases, people prefer to be able to catch their own, where possible...

This does take planning, lol.

Hm. I was expecting a release on (Black) Friday. When that didn't happen, I hoped for a release yesterday. Now I still think that today is quite probable, to get out a November dragon and leave enough space until Christmas. It's just that today I'll be away for most of the time, so yesterday would have been more convenient. wink.gif

But come what may - I'll keep my scroll open till Monday morning, and then resume my breeding and collecting. If there is a release that's great, if there isn't that's fine with me, too. We got a little too many new dragons for my taste this year, anyway. Getting a surprise every month is nice, but having a release being something really special again, not "just" a monthly routine, would be equally cool for me.

So any way, I'm happy.

(Not saying that I haven't been tempted once and again by all my projects during the last few days, but I can live with that.)

I hate random releases ._. All I want to do is grab falconiforms and I can't because I have to be careful for the release lol

Well, just grab them, already. Falconiforms really aren't so rare that you couldn't abandon them if there is a release before they can hatch. And if there isn't, you'd have some little Falconiform hatchlings to make up for it in two or three days. wink.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I give up... I'm locking myself with metals and then back to work. If there's a release later, I'll just drop them into the AP and hopefully make someone really happy biggrin.gif

I picked up a cheese and Dino out of boredom leaving me with just one eggslot with none of my eggs hatching anytime soon. Even if there is a release I'm not aping these guys because its so hard to get them at least for me.

If there is going to be a release this month I'm putting my money on 1 pm cave time. If it ends up at midnight I'm gonna be really pissed because I have to wake up early in the morning and I need all the sleep I can get.

Edit for spelling mistake

Edited by RecycledHeart

Have to wait - again - to see if we'll have a Release today. Then maybe I can catch and breed. Not knowing is really off-putting.

I have three egg slots, but if there isn't a release at one i'm giving up and locking myself haha.

Gahhh, I have 6 slots open but I can't stay up longer. D: Got school tomorrow and traffic is bad on Mondays so I can't risk getting caught in it.

Good luck to you guys who'll be around for the (hopefully) release!

I only have 2 slots left right Now, dissapointed there wasnt a release , but at this point i dont care anymore.

So many pretty dragons in the completed section and just not enough releases imo.

Guess our last chance is in about an hour and a half. If there won't be a release then I doubt there will be one anymore which is a pity.

I remember TJ saying the releases won't be at a set day and time anymore, but I could've sworn they were still going to be monthly.