griffin947

Best Halloween Dragon

What is your favorite halloween dragon?  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Black Marrows are my all-time favorite! Their design is soo cool! >w<

But I do also love Grave and Shadow Walkers. Desipis from this year is really cool too. The idea behind them is awesome, but the sprite is so detailed it's almost a little too much ^^,

It's difficult to choose xd.png I voted for the Graves, but I also like Black Marrows and Desipis very much. There's not a Halloween dragons I don't really like^^

Shadow Walkers! These are my favourite sprite in the cave, they're beautiful and elegant and look good with pretty much everything. I really wish I had more CB though, and hadn't frozen any of them. ¬_¬

I think pumpkin maybe next? I don't think they are my next favourite sprite, but the eggs are such gosh-darn beautiful colour that I always pick up several more. Also I actually really like the slightly cartoony aesthetic of many of the older sprites. I don't have so many pumpkins this year though as I sent a few to my brother in exchange for a Desipis (they're not pygmies, so he doesn't really care for them xd.png )

After that grave and marrow are equal, maybe Graves a little more. I just never felt the adult lived up to the potential of the hatchling. But yeah, these two are pretty even for me. And admittedly nicer sprites than the pumpkin

Cavern Lurkers are meh, but then I discovered them with Pink Pyralspites and I'm converted so I'll get a bit of line going there I think.

Desipis are at the bottom for me not because I don't like the sprite (I do - they're not really my favourite style of dragon, but the sprites are lovely) but because I think they ought to be regular release, I just don't get enough Halloween vibes off the sprite themselves. I dunno, I just like them much less as Halloweens than I do just as dragons.

Vampires errr...I don't think of as Halloween really, but they are probably at the bottom in terms of sprites because they are slightly awkward looking, and I've never liked the Female adults, I think they need more detailing like the males. I have an on and off relationship with them tbh

And Zombies (which I also kinda consider separately), about equal/just above pumpkins --> it's that slightly dated look that gets me tongue.gif

tl:dr Shadow Walkers >>>>>> Zombie ≥ Pumpkin > Marrow = Grave >> Desipis >>>> Vampires

Marrows are my favourites wub.gif

I'd say

1. Black Marrow

2. Grave

3. Shadow Walker

4. Desipis

5. Cavern Lurker

6. Pumpkin (nothing wrong with them , but I don't really like pygmys in general)

• Black Marrows & Desipises · keepers! Great for lineages, in my eyes, and those sprites are just awesome.
  • Pumpkins / Zombies / Shadow Walkers · looking awesome by themselves, but I'm not rushing for lineages with them.
  • Cavern Lurkers / Graves / Vampires · optimal for gifting to other players laugh.gif
Not loving *all* the breeds to pieces actually makes sharing easier, doesn't it?

Black Marrows are my favorite, followed very closely by Graves! Hoarding those!

Pumpkins would be higher if they were not pygmies... I love the sprites, but don't feel as compelled to make lineages with them.

Next is probably Despis. They're pretty epic but not entirely "my thing"

Then Lurkers and SWs... I'm happy to have my small collection of them. I wasn't going to do any Lurker lineages at all until the Almandines came out... that pairing was too good to pass up.

Vampires and Zombies are last... mostly because they're not breedable. I love the Vampire sprites, but you can't do much with them. Same with Zombies... cool, but since I only see them once a year, they're not tops on my list xd.png

The Desipis dragons aren't my favorite but I still love them. They come to a second I suppose now.

In order-

1.) Vampire

2.) Desipis

3.) Black Marrow

These are my favorites.

The only reason Desipis comes in second is because I'm obsessed with vampires. That's the ONLY reason.

Why do the Black Marrows come in third? The Desipis are very awesome. They have quite a bit of detail (not saying the Black Marrow doesn't) the Desipis is larger and I love it's description more than the Black Marrow's. But y'know these things change. Next year there will be a new dragon and maybe that will top all my favs. Who knows?

I like Marrows and Lurkers the best

Not really a fan of Vampires at all and I'm kinda confused as to how Desipis are Halloween-based tbh

The rest I like also but I like Marrows and Lurkers the most c':

I am so torn between Desipis and Black Marrows... both are so gorgeous! I had to vote Black Marrow though, their females are so pretty.

Full ranking:

1. Despisis + Black Marrow

2. Shadow Walker

3. Grave

I like Pumpkins, but their lineages usually aren't that cool. I don't really like Cavern Lurkers, their descriptions are cool but I don't really care for the sprites. Undead... same as the Lurkers.

I really couldn't decide between the Halloween dragons, so I just voted Shadow Walkers because their hatching sequence is amazing xd.png

Shadow Walkers = Graves > Desipis > Zombies/Undead = Marrows > Pumpkins > Vampires > Lurkers

Truly, the only Halloween dragon I'm not fond of is the Lurker. It's not a bad design either - it's a great quality sprite, with a nice, spooky look. I'm just not personally as crazy about it as I am the others.

Shadow Walkers and Graves definitely tie for first (I voted SW in the poll, though), followed by Desipises <3 Those are my top 3.

1. Desipis

2. Marrows

3. Graves

4 / 5. Cavern Lurkers and Shadow Walkers

6 / 7. Pumpkins and Vampires

(distant) 8. Undead (I dislike them a lot)

Cheers!

C4.

Black Marrows are still the kings in my Halloween kingdom.

My list looks like this:

Black Marrow > Desipis > Vampire > Pumpkin >> Shadow Walker >> Grave > Zombie > Cavern Lurker

I don't really collect anything beneath pumpkins in that ranking, because while the sprites are nice, I guess, they just don't excite me. Contrast with pumpkins, which I completely adore - along with everything above. My Halloween breeding in the past tended to focus almost entirely on Black Marrows, though, just because, well, there's only one week and only so much egg space. xd.png And sadly they can only be paired with very few dragon breeds, since they're pygmies. That makes me a sad panda. But anyway... I bite vampires every once in a while. Next Halloween's going to be difficult, since I'll also want Desipis offspring. @_@ Hnngh.

I'm stuck between the Pumpkins and the Graves. I LOVE the pumpkins...They're just so adorable and I love the Graves because I like the sprite of them and their eeriness.

Marrows for the sprite, vampires for the fond memories of being my first holiday event on DC and the insane drama during their release.

I really like all of them, (well, don't care for pumpkins too much) but my favourite has to be Shadow Walkers because of their design, even though I like the colouring of the Cavern Lurkers (and Black Marrows are cool too).