angelicdragonpuppy

Lower Encyc. Neglected / Chicken Requirements

I'm just wondering how you guys even know how to find all these chickens and NDs. I'm lucky I found three chickens, including my two; I have no idea how to find NDs.

I also wouldn't mind finding undead dragons...

I'm just wondering how you guys even know how to find all these chickens and NDs. I'm lucky I found three chickens, including my two; I have no idea how to find NDs.

I also wouldn't mind finding undead dragons...

Encyclopaedia helpers .

And the scroll of littleblackdog fro chickens.

The only breed I would definitively ask for a lower count it's neglecteds, chickens are not THAT rare (Or I have horrible luck seeing at least 2 chicken eggs per day in the biomes).

Oh well, I'm 152 ND hatchlings away from a complete encyclopedia (Not counting the eggs of xmas/valentine breeds) xd.png

I'm not opposed to keeping the number of NDs required extremely high, but I wish it was weighted more heavily towards adults. Just reducing the number of hatchling observations needed, even if it meant adding an equal- or greater- number of adults, would go a long way towards making the task less onerous. It would still be a challenge, but it would be one that doesn't feel like an exercise in futility.

I only got around to unlocking my encyclopedia a few days ago and after clicking every dragon on two or three scrolls listed on the "encyclopedia helpers" thread, I had most hatchlings and adults unlocked. I had a problem getting Alt Blacks unlocked. Then I concentrated on finding the holidays, Neglecteds, Dinos, Zombies, and other breeds I still needed. Using the "encyclopedia helpers" it wasn't particularly hard. Now, I will have to get to clicking hatcheries to get the eggs all done. I don't know if the requirements have changed but my Neglected stats are: Hatchlings Observed: 18, Adults Observed: 78; Zombies: Hatchlings Observed: 17, Adults Observed: 19; Chickens: Hatchlings Observed: 31, Adults Observed: 30. Compared to Blacks: Eggs Observed: 11, Hatchlings Observed: 151, Adults Observed: 575. Seems as though if there was a problem it has been changed.

Raindear, are you unlocking just the pictures of the stages or all the info? How many bullets of information does your Neglected page have right now?

My error. It says "Raise 5 more adults, or observe 22 more adults" so I guess I'm not done. RL trumps DC right now, so I guess I didn't pay proper attention.

Edit: and after observing 22 more adults - raise 35 more hatchlings or observe 186 more hatchlings??? RAISE 35 MORE?? What is that a joke?? I stand corrected. You are so right. this is ridiculous!!

I was already having a problem with this fiasco when after clicking everything on DDF for a week I had only unlocked a small number of images on the first page. I was ready to quit the whole encyclopedia thing then. But now I feel I should have quit when I was ahead. If I ever unlock anything else in the encyclopedia, it will likely be an accident, and I am unlikely to ever look at it again to know my success.

Edited by raindear

I wish that the ND numbers weren't as extremely high as they are at this time. These are, as we all know, are extremely rare and to require so many views makes them out of reach. It would be nice if the folks that have adult and hatchling NDs would post their links or their scroll links in "Encyclopedia Helpers" .... I imagine that that is just wishful thinking on my part.

The scroll that has lots and lots of Chickens posted their scroll link in "Encyclopedia Helpers". I want to thank that person a whole lot! biggrin.gif

I must say the encyclopedia was supposed to add a new dimension to gameplay. It has. It has added the dimensions Hatred, Detestation, and Loathing to depths unknown previously. BLEAH!

Edit: By the way, has anyone opened the ND pages completely?

Edited by raindear

I must say the encyclopedia was supposed to add a new dimension to gameplay. It has. It has added the dimensions Hatred, Detestation, and Loathing to depths unknown previously. BLEAH!

Edit: By the way, has anyone opened the ND pages completely?

There's no way to know unless you're TJ or the guy who did open everything, but I really doubt there is any because:

1. The requirements for both observation and raising NDs are utterly insane.

2. All previously owned dragons do NOT count toward the progression for god-knows-what-reason.

3. The encyclopedia is quite new, not even a month has passed.

4. ND creation is time-consuming and requires planning and some luck. I'm not going to elaborate further but it is.

This means to have completed the ND encylopedia entry, you must have either:

1. Observed an improbable amount of NDs, especially hatchlings which I really doubt if so many even exist.

2. Raised or traded a ridiculously high amount of fresh NDs in an improbably short timespan.

Edited by CNR4806

I've completely unlocked NDs, and I'm not the only one. I think LBD beat me to it narrowly and I'm sure there are others. It's *not* impossible, just a bit of a challenge - needed some lateral thinking and persistance.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I've completely unlocked NDs, and I'm not the only one. I think LBD beat me to it narrowly and I'm sure there are others. It's *not* impossible, just a bit of a challenge - needed some lateral thinking and persistance.

Besides, the beta testers had even more time than most of us, so it is quite probable for many of them to have unlocked NDs already.

Yes I did, but not by much. xd.png It was a lot of work but not impossible. Too bad the google search idea came *after* I'd searched what felt like millions of scrolls. tongue.gif

And as for chickens, there is no reason to lower those especially when it is so easy to find them all in one place.

Yes I did, but not by much. xd.png It was a lot of work but not impossible. Too bad the google search idea came *after* I'd searched what felt like millions of scrolls. tongue.gif

Pfft, tell me about it! xd.png I spent *ages* trying to think of people I knew who did ND experiments, and often they'd only turn out to have one or two hatchies. rolleyes.giftongue.gif

I unlocked the ND page entirely too. If people want help, they can PM me. smile.gif

Anyway, if anyone is still working on unlocking chickens or neglecteds, can they tell me if the numbers have changed after the update? I needed 200 ND hatchies and 400 adult chickens as the last requirement for unlocking info (on top of the ones needed for the earlier observations, but I didn't keep track of that data).

I unlocked the ND page entirely too. If people want help, they can PM me. smile.gif

Anyway, if anyone is still working on unlocking chickens or neglecteds, can they tell me if the numbers have changed after the update? I needed 200 ND hatchies and 400 adult chickens as the last requirement for unlocking info (on top of the ones needed for the earlier observations, but I didn't keep track of that data).

I unlocked my NDs with a complete count of 80 observed hatchies all in all (you can check your hatchlings observed counter on the ND page ADP to know what the TOTAL was wink.gif)

Other breeds no idea - they all jumped to "unlocked" with the update biggrin.gif

Edited by herk

I 'had' the chickens done...but after the update I now need 80 more chicks. Bah.

I am happy though that I only need 47 more ND hatchies *was over a hundred before the update*

@Herk: I know, but I think I accidentally clicked a few more adult NDs after I finished, so my total might be higher than the total actually needed. Ah well, whatever the case, I was completely done with 7 eggs, 200 hatchlings, and 123 adults, so it seems the totals have dropped. Yay! biggrin.gif

@Slaskia: Might want to take another trek to the land of Littleblackdog. I had the same issue as you but after a lovely visit there I got the 80 I needed in less than five minutes biggrin.gif