angelicdragonpuppy

Lower Encyc. Neglected / Chicken Requirements

And lo! The TJ said go forth and make unto each encyclopedia suggestion a single thread, and the people beheld that it was done.

AHEM ANYWAY MOVING ON--

Can the requirements for unlocking information on Neglecteds and Chickens be lowered, hopefully by a significant amount?

From what I have seen, the requirements for fully unlocking the information of most breeds hover around the 150 observations range. Below are a handful of my fully filled out encyclopedia entries; I did have some breeds that were considerably higher, but most were things with various colors or ones that I own a lot of, so I think in my mad clicking I observed way more than was actually required for the unlocking.

Balloon: 51h / 108a

Blue-Banded: 127h / 53a

Canopy: 41h / 60a

Harvest: 64h / 153a

Nebula: 74h / 100a

In stark contrast, chickens require over 400 adult observations (on top of a previous 100!) to unlock all their information. Neglecteds also have an extremely high required amount. My current stats are 54h / 122a, and I'm being told to observe 146 more hatchlings for the next unlock.

Considering how rare (and unbreedable) these two creatures are, I think the requirements should be lower, or at least at the same level, as those of most other dragons. But right now, bizarrely, the requirements are actually much higher than those of the common breeds! It's frustrating and doesn't make a whole lot of sense, so if they could be lowered 'twould be much appreciated.

As a related side note (yes, I know, separate suggestions and all, but this is a small one and ties into this), some type of more standardized breed numbers would be nice--it feels like right now different breeds can vary wildly in how much it takes to unlock them, for reasons I can't really determine. If some breeds have more info than others, simply divvy up the facts so that they require less to unlock each one than do breeds with less facts, but the total numbers are the same in the end.

I'm actually fine with the Chicken's unlock requirements- it was clearly intentional, and a joke. and we can all thank LBD for helping us unlock those

Neglecteds, though, yeah. I'd have them higher than other breeds but not this high. Though I think I've managed to get it down to ~100 left to observe?

I don't think it makes any sense to have NDs higher at all. They're already wicked rare, and so finding them is harder than finding common breeds. Why do they need to have any extra difficulty added on top of that which already exists?

I realize the chickens were probably a joke, but it was more tiresome than entertaining... and that's coming from someone who DOES know LBD and was able to finish it somewhat quickly despite my griping. Off-forum people aren't likely to get the humor or have much fun trying to find the hidden Chicken Utopia that is LBD's scroll... <XD

I think it's fitting that rare breeds need more to unlock them. It's a challenge- it shouldn't be easier to fully unlock something incredibly rare than something incredibly common.

I think it's fitting that rare breeds need more to unlock them. It's a challenge- it shouldn't be easier to fully unlock something incredibly rare than something incredibly common.

But again, it isn't. I can find a few dozen Horses / Waters / Magis / any common or uncommon or even normal rare you can think of in minutes by looking through my well bred dragons' progeny lists. I can pull up hundreds of different silvers, golds, trios, and so on within a few minutes. But Neglecteds and Chickens--being unbreedable and rare--can't be traced through progenies and lineages. Heck, they can't even be found reliably on most other scrolls like Holidays can be. You really have to go looking for them to find them, which means it takes much, much more work to find even a few dozen of them than it does to find hundreds of the other breeds.

So while I can see your argument for making them have the same unlock amounts as commons (in which case they would still be considerably harder than said commons to unlock, due to being hard to find), I think making them need even MORE to unlock--on top of how much extra work already goes into finding them--is overkill.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Oh, gosh, I support this so *much*. The numbers for those two are in. sane. Not even everyone on the forums knows the lbd secret, and I'm not sure there's that many ND hatchies in existence, or the names of the secret scrolls they may/may not exist on.

The only reason that makes sense to me is that, since they're so rare, we can't just study them normally (other than our actual acts of observing them for the encyclopedia) so we need more.

BUT I DON'T support that AT ALL.

Neggies, chickens, dinos and such are all harder to get, especially Neggies. :\ If anything, it should be the commons that need more to unlock since they're EVERYWHERE and easy to get to. It should be like the ratios- more observations are needed to make up for the commons than for the rares (especially the ultra-hard-to-get ones! Sheesh!).

I'm actually fine with the Chicken's unlock requirements- it was clearly intentional, and a joke. and we can all thank LBD for helping us unlock those

Why the strike-through? It's true!

I'm not sure if I support this or not. One hand, they are so hard to get, so maybe you should need less to unlock them, to balance it out. On the other hand, they are so rare, they should be harder to unlock. So, kinda sitting on the fence here...

Go and click those neglecteds/rares you found again.

My single adult neglected has netted me 9 observations thus far... (click = once per day.)

Go and click those neglecteds/rares you found again.

My single adult neglected has netted me 9 observations thus far... (click = once per day.)

It's one click per dragon per IP. People with static IPs should not be able to click more than once.

~

I know chicken is a buttload, but since it's a joke, I don't mind as much. Neglected could be lowered a bit and I'd be fine, though.

I certainly support the ND part, I know where to find adults, but finding 185 frozen hatchies is beyond me. Hatchling experiments are very rare. If somebody has a scroll with 50-100 frozen hatchies, please step forward xd.png

I don't see the point in this. I mean, you are right that those numbers are pretty high, also if you compare them to other breedsbut you have unlimited time to unlock those entries and it would not even take a year if you only click ONE hatchling each day which is not that hard since you can just click on the same one every time. If you use the encyclopedia help thread on the forums it does not even take much more than a month. I unlocked the Neglecteds (and yes I also clicked over 200 hatchies) after one week by clicking the same few hatchlings each day again.

Same goes for the chickens I guess laugh.gif

I don't see the point in this. I mean, you are right that those numbers are pretty high, also if you compare them to other breedsbut you have unlimited time to unlock those entries and it would not even take a year if you only click ONE hatchling each day which is not that hard since you can just click on the same one every time. If you use the encyclopedia help thread on the forums it does not even take much more than a month. I unlocked the Neglecteds (and yes I also clicked over 200 hatchies) after one week by clicking the same few hatchlings each day again.

Problem, though:

It's one click per dragon per IP. People with static IPs should not be able to click more than once.

Same goes for the chickens I guess :lol:

Still doesn't change the fact that they're insanely rare dragons that can't be reliably found and the pedia requires way more of them than most other dragons.

Of course you're fine with it, from that perspective. However, if you had to click on 200 different ND hatchlings instead of clicking the same one over and over again, I bet you would have a totally different perspective.

Chickens are completely fine for anyone who heard the name LBD or bothered to check the DC Record thread. It's in excessive supply for observation.

The biggest problem I have is with breeds that the cave does not generate and maintain population naturally (ie. cave drop or breeding), namely NDs, zombies and GoNs (this one is even worse as it's limited to 3 per scroll). Their proliferation is extremely slow and there are simply not enough samples to observe properly.

I would like there could be lower requirements for ND, but if they have to stay as now I would like to see a proper official guide about HOW to do them unlocked while you discover the dragon. We're observing them, aren't we? I think it's logic to assume that we should know how they're created, and an official guide from TJ (with no multiscrolling issues) would be nice in the Encyclopedia.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I certainly support the ND part, I know where to find adults, but finding 185 frozen hatchies is beyond me. Hatchling experiments are very rare. If somebody has a scroll with 50-100 frozen hatchies, please step forward xd.png

I'm working on it, mmm'kay? xd.png (Srsly, I always did want to make an ND army, the hatchies are cuter than the adults and it's not like they breed anyways....)

I'unno, I'm not that bothered about the lolhighnumbers that much. It's a challenge. I like a challenge.

The chicken requirement could be a bit lower, but I'm okay with it staying as-is, although that does get frustrating for those who aren't on the forums.

The NDs, however... the hatchlings required for observation should definitely be lowered. If it needs to remain a challenge, halving it should still be good.

That, or give a solid reason for needing to observe that many. Something like observing that many unlocking a detailed description of how to make NDs. That'd be worth it, to me; 'Congrats, you've worked your ass off to get the encyclopedia entry, now have fun creating your own and here's how'.

I fully agree with this suggestion. I don't mind challenges but the numbers are completely insane, considering how scarce they are.

I've already stated my full opinion in another thread but, yeah, I'm in favor of lower numbers for both.

Higher numbers for chickens and NDs make sense. There's lots of discovering to do about the chicken origins and about NDs.

I'm neutral about it, any way. Either way makes sense in my eyes.

It has worked differently for me ever since. Hatchies have ever gained one click per day per IP. this might be not what TJ intended to do, but it's how it works from my end.

Full support for the neglected. I just finished unlocking them and was disappointed by how little information was available after how much work it took.

It has worked differently for me ever since. Hatchies have ever gained one click per day per IP. this might be not what TJ intended to do, but it's how it works from my end.

That's probably a function of your IP. Some of them change daily or maybe more often, others are static. Mine is static and I only get one observation from a single dragon.