Laugh

Desipis Breeding Plans!

How about this? These guys have been reminding me of the Stones since I first saw the hatchies.

user posted imageuser posted image

I also like them with the Magi and Hellfire (especially Hellfire males). They do look good with most of the other Halloween dragons, especially the Graves, but I really dislike doing all-holiday lineages.

I think I'm doing this since I need more stones anyways. Thanks for the idea ^^

Also:

user posted image X user posted image

I know those avatars cannot be caveborn but maybe in longer lineages. wink.gif

The female x magma and male x hellfire pairings are the only ones really convincing me so far. The sprites are gorgeous, but I've got difficulties finding something that fits them, subjective-aesthetically. Marrows, maybe - though I regrettably have no CB marrows, so I suppose that's moot, anyway. Although, throwing some random ideas into the ring:

Vine:

user posted image x user posted image

Turpentine:

Tsunami:

Ridgewing:

Magi (nice mock-up in this earlier post by Tecca):

Brute:

Black:

Arsani (for great irony):

Really not sure about any of them, but those are the ones I'm considering. Gotta see how the look when bred on a Portal 2 background. happy.gif

I suspect I might end up liking the ridgewing one! But we'll see. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Because it looks really pretty biggrin.gif I also like the idea of breeding them with Hellfires and Cassares.

Edited by Lumikkja

Someone mock them up with Spessartines ouo

Someone mock them up with Spessartines ouo

I copied Saynna's layout/template, if that isn't OK then just tell me to take it down. But Spessartines look absolutely awesome with Desipis, I think I might breed this:

user posted image

Not overly fond of any of the images posted already, although white isn't horrible, daydream is interesting, and I like the conceptual idea of female hellfires.

Here are my mockups:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Sweetlings posted purely for Dimar, lol.

Semi-worth posting the image, but had to cut down on image spam:

Fever x Desispis

Lumina x Desispis

Undine x Desispis

Not worth posting the image, but some might be interested:

Alternating Undine x Desispis

Purple x Desispis

Nhio x Desispis

Sunsong x Desispis

Desispis x Blue Neb

I see a few people had the same thought as I did - cassare for the fun of it. I actually really like how that looks! Royal blue is perhaps my next favorite and of course tea looks good with another dark Halloween, though I don't think I'll work on that lineage like I've been trying with Black Tea x Lurker. I do like the green undine, lumina, and fever - the lumina the least.

I like them with coppers... I think brown is best but green looks neat too. I need to try one of these mock ups so I can decide quickly if I need to swap my females for hatchies from different biomes! xd.png

Since they are so dark , i Will probably contrast them with something light.

Terrae, Undine, Waterhorse, radiant angel, maybe mint or pinks.

Love the Sweetling checker thats posted above!

Ok, here we go... if anyone else is like me and fretting about possible copper pairings xd.png

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I'm thinking brown... but green looks pretty snazzy too

Whelp. Now I have to start hoarding CB Male Hellfires and Spessartines. Cause seriously. wub.gif

"I copied Saynna's layout/template, if that isn't OK then just tell me to take it down."

It's absolutely fine to use the layout/template (no idea why anyone would have a problem with it). I don't really claim it to be used exclusively for myself. ^^ I prefer these templates over just posting the breed images since lineage view can change an opinion easily. wink.gif Use it for whatever you want! biggrin.gif Hope to see more lovelies soon ~

So far I've really liked:

Grave x Desipis

Black Tea x Desipis

Desipis x Falconiform

Desipis x Stone (any combo)

Some "Okay - I like" ones I thought:

White x Desipis

Fever x Desipis

Lumina x Desipis (Usually I don't like Lumina lines)

I'm not too sure on Desipis x Avatar of Destruction because I usually am not one for 3-breed checkers. I'll put it in a template later and see how it is and post it later if no one beats me to it by then. happy.gif

Edited by Saynna

I rather like the Fever one too. But I also admit, they look awfully good with other Halloweens. I forget the discussion though, was it confirmed it's impossible to get both types of holiday dragon out of a Holiday x Holiday? IE, a pair that produces Grave eggs from Grave x Desp will always produce Graves?

I rather like the Fever one too. But I also admit, they look awfully good with other Halloweens. I forget the discussion though, was it confirmed it's impossible to get both types of holiday dragon out of a Holiday x Holiday? IE, a pair that produces Grave eggs from Grave x Desp will always produce Graves?

IIRC (If I recall correctly), TJ changed it sometime this year so that holiday x holiday would have a bigger chance to produce either parents. I've seen some progenies this year while stalking NDDC for Halloween hatchie observations that had different holiday parents AND holiday siblings. smile.gif

I'm not too sure on Desipis x Avatar of Destruction because I usually am not one for 3-breed checkers. I'll put it in a template later and see how it is and post it later if no one beats me to it by then. happy.gif

Here ya be:

.....Yeah, I do not really like Destructions with Desipises. I don't really know how to describe that pairing. ._.;

EDIT: That sounded really bad. >__< It's not like extremely horrible that it would hurt to look at it. It's just I don't feel like they really flow together... >__>;; I just feel a bit iffy on them being paired together. <__< And the GoNs in base distract me a lot. xd.png

Edited by Saynna

I want to do the Destruction pairing. ohmy.gif

Other pairings I've bred so far:

Female Hellfire

Female Stone

Female White

Male Hellfire Probably my favorite, too.

Male Falconiform

I've only bred one so far and it's a Gold Female x Male Desipis:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/wurHD

I kinda like them together more than I like to admit. I imagined that metal x desipis wouldn't look great at all, but I like the ridges (probably used incorrectly) they have on this one pairing. o3o

EDIT: And that stone pairing is very nice. I think I'll try some of that next year!

Edited by Saynna

Male hellfire does look a lot better than I thought in preview! I do like stone, too - I forgot I wanted to do a mockup of that.

Got one no interest for the other gender, but here's with a cassare: https://dragcave.net/lineage/QqYQG I do like the color combo.

EDIT: Here we go: https://dragcave.net/lineage/4ofYW I think I like the other gender better.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler