Lilraaos

Auxenheim Online (OCC)

Sorry about that long post guys. I just wanted to explain some game mechanics and relationships.

Also bandage making probably doesn't go in apothecary. Maybe weaving?

How should inventory work? Do we get and X number of slots that we can upgrade at certain NPCS and we can just shove whatever into any slot?

Or should it be like a grid and each item has a different size like a pickaxe could be two squares across and three down. (Basically like a game of tetris)

Ah poo, I just realized that Vin called Saliya by her real name. xd.png This is getting pretty confusing since most of us are using character names instead of avatar names in our posts.

Vin's pretty sharp though -- I can pass if off as a slip of the tongue because they most certainly know each other from past games, or I can just edit my post.

I always refer to my character by her real life name because you refer to yourself with your real name to yourself. Then I realized that no one refers to themselves in the third person (anymore?). I think I'll start using Layla's avatar name in game and her real name in real life?

I honestly thought you did it on purpose Mage xd.png

Ah poo, I just realized that Vin called Saliya by her real name. xd.png This is getting pretty confusing since most of us are using character names instead of avatar names in our posts.

Vin's pretty sharp though -- I can pass if off as a slip of the tongue because they most certainly know each other from past games, or I can just edit my post.

Oh gawd, when I started to read this I realised that I too had made this mistake laugh.gif

I was trying to think up another name that Sayla could call Vin in Auxenheim because she forgets what his username/in-game name was and I came up with Vincent Everwinter opposed to Vinnerius Neverwinter, not realising that his real name was Vincent. Do I make any sense here? I have a habit of explaining stuff really badly rolleyes.gif

So sorry about this TUM. The others in the party wouldn't have noticed since Sayla was thinking all of that in her head buuuut I just thought I'd tell you

i had to dubble check saliya's username on mine.. XP............ ok i admit.. the only game i play is tabletop dnd.. could someone explain the teir thing?

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Who is this Saliya everyone is talking about? (Its a very pretty name.)

Someone else could probably explain armor tier better them me but I'm going to take a shot at it. In most MMOs I played gear is a very important factor to power. The stronger you get the stronger your armor should get. As you run dungeons and do quests sometimes NPCs or mobs will drop gear better then the kind you currently have. If they don't though you can make your own gear. (Usually through a life skill) Its different for every game but usually the name is colored a certain color to show what tier the armor is or they could just use numbers.

Ah! i have playd a mmo like that! they used red and green arrows to show it. green up arrow is higher/better weapon/armor you currently have, red down arows where the kind's you didnt want (although some weapons had cool powers on the down ones so i kept them anyway)

...did I mix up the names again? D: Numbers and Lil, y ur characters so similar

For srs, yeah, most rpgs seem to tell you which stats are increased. We don't need actual numbers for our players even though they would see them.

I noticed that I'd been referring to Lils character by her real name for some time... but honestly I was too lazy to correct it.

P.S I always referred to my character as Annie, not his actual name tongue.gif

Ill post soon, sorry been preoccupied. Could I get a little recap on whats happened since we started up again? I know we've arrived at the mine.

I know what you are talking about with the arrows but that wasn't what I was thinking about. Tiers are like levels for the armor (?). Also the green arrows have always meant that the armor had more of a specific stat then the other not that it was necessarily better. A mage could be comparing some cloth armor with some metal armor and the metal armor would have higher strength or something but that doesn't mean that the metal armor was better (for the mage anyway.)

Also sometimes a mage might be comparing cloth armor and one magic have higher int while the other has higher speed or something. (So they'll have to chose between int or speed, it doesn't always work out perfectly.)

I'm sorry, I'm really bad at explaining things >.<

*Arrived at the mine

*Sheila asked if the group wanted to discuss tactics

*Alex comments

*Vincent comments

*-insert Sayla and Vincent bickering-

*Alex wants to know if her race has an advantage in the mine

*Something unnecessary about the weather

*-Insert game mechanics about how mobs get stronger at night-

*-Insert what happened to Darkwind and why Layla is the healer now-

*Something about Layla and her money troubles

*Something about Layla and Vincent