TJ09

2014-10-25 - Halloween Event

I've got one of the new eggs so far smile.gif Hoping to get two, then I have to wait for my graves to hatch...

To the other people trying to catch eggs? Or maybe it's a huge, egg-sucking black hole! ninja.gif

I think the most effective way to catch eggs is to start clicking around the biomes, just repeatedly switching when it's almost on the five minute mark. When the eggs appear, click as fast as you can. This method usually let's you start trying to grab the eggs earlier than most.

I refresh, ctrl click, click, click, refresh, ctrl click, click, click, about ten drops now, and still nothing.

Yeah... effective.... my sister got 5 using the same method.

Okay, I have a dumb question. For the holiday eggs, do you pick them up on the front page or in one of the six areas? I've noticed that none of the areas have eggs in them, and I wanted to be sure I was in the right place to catch an egg.

It is. It's empty because so many people are grabbing.

I refresh, ctrl click, click, click, refresh, ctrl click, click, click, about ten drops now, and still nothing.

Yeah... effective.... my sister got 5 using the same method.

But you don't get the jumpstart. The point is to start grabbing while most of the other people are refreshing.

I wonder why people are talking about the new eggs over here? I thought this thread was for the other events?

At any rate, are there only 24 items to find in the carnival?

And how many treats are there?

... sigh... got two Zombie female hatchies, but all 3 female adults poofed. NEXT YEAR!

And to round out the Halloween fun, I just bred and released a giant stack of 2nd and 3rd generation pumpkins, marrows, shadows, lurkers, and graves. biggrin.gif Hoping they get good homes, once the new-release fever has abated, heehee!

after seeing all these posts about zombies, I tried it just now.

never again. the message about it wondering why I betrayed it - OMG I could cry sad.gif

I wonder why people are talking about the new eggs over here? I thought this thread was for the other events?

At any rate, are there only 24 items to find in the carnival?

And how many treats are there?

24 carnival items, 43 treats!

And I suspect we're still talking about it over here out of habit; after all, the other thread only just opened up a couple of hours ago, but the discussion's been going all day. laugh.gif

But you don't get the jumpstart. The point is to start grabbing while most of the other people are refreshing.

I tried it before, and got even worse than usual.

Edit: success! Three eggs acquired!

Edited by MessengerDragon

24 carnival items, 43 treats!

And I suspect we're still talking about it over here out of habit; after all, the other thread only just opened up a couple of hours ago, but the discussion's been going all day. laugh.gif

People are funny that way, I guess.

Thanks so much!

I tried it before, and got even worse than usual.

Well, if you never got anything, then you didn't get worse than usual. :I

Honestly, it works for me and a bunch of people who I know, so I'm just going to stick with it. It got me six eggs in seven drops.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Okay, I got distracted by dA and took a bit of a hiatus but I simply MUST return for Halloween. Def not a mistake. The event has been heaps of fun as always!!! Although I somehow managed to screw up my own carefully planned schedule from back in April (in two ways dry.gif). Thank gods for it though, I got back and was like 'okay now what do I do??' having forgotten all my ongoing projects lol. So I have fewer old Halloweens than I could have. (And it's pretty much a boys' club. I had to influence most male without realizing. oh well I usually like the male sprite better anyway) Gotta manage though. xd.png

Good luck on the new eggs everyone <3

WOW! Just tried for some zombies, and got 2 adults and 5 hatchlings biggrin.gif

I'm a very happy hobbit biggrin.gif

D'OH! Heehee! Well, two more zombies for my collection: the female hatchie and one of the ungendered paper hatchies turned, but the rest disintegrated. So that means I'm not QUITE done with my collection yet... next year, I'm definitely going to get an ungendered adult!

After my earlier comment about killing paper dragons feeling like burning books, I named these two after novels, "Murder by Death" and "World War Z". smile.gif

Now back to the Cave, to try for more of the new-release eggs!

I could of sworn I tried taking World War Z before, but it said it was already claimed D: Then again maybe not because I was so sure I tried "Nazi Zombies" in the past, but apparently I didn't since the name is taken by me now. xd.png Yay COD Zombies! >:D

Well, if you never got anything, then you didn't get worse than usual. :I

Honestly, it works for me and a bunch of people who I know, so I'm just going to stick with it. It got me six eggs in seven drops.

I do get things. Just it takes forever to get them.

But if your method works for you, then why not? I'm glad you got some.

Ok, I'm at 5 eggs and can't get another until my Marrow hatches in an hour...unless I abandon that bred grave that I have...which I don't want to do.

Desipis apparently means haziness in Latin.

And the egg quote?

"Being near this egg makes it hard to think clearly."

So...I think the adult dragon will have some sort of mind-altering or mind-disturbing powers. (I posted this in the other thread, too)

Maybe a Possessed Dragon?

Welp, I've got six new eggs, plus a lucky Shadow find - 3g EG shadow x bleeding moon from a spiter's alt! ^-^

Now off to try zombie-ing...

I fell asleep, and forgot to get my 6th new drop egg when my marrow hatched...but I got it now. biggrin.gif Now...I need to decide whether to abandon my bred Grave x Spess. Grave egg or not so I can get another new egg...I really don't want to abandon it...decisions...

I'll probably keep it. 6 new eggs is enough. tongue.gif

Now...to try for zombies...

Yay, six eggs in a half hour! One from each cave area. It actually works better for me if i don't spam-click... click, wait a moment, click, wait, click... even while it's still loading. I guess it gives the computer time to finish 'clicking' before trying to reload itself before the click can register or something.

Thanks TJ, and ALL the Spriters for the best Halloween Event ever! smile.gif

Couldn't get started on the event until yesterday because I was on holiday, but I actually still managed to get all the treats biggrin.gif Did not expect that at all.

Also got one of the zombies I still needed, sadly everything else either refused to die or disintegrated sad.gif Oh well, better luck next year.

Liked the carnival event a lot. Thanks to all the organisers!