TJ09

2014-10-25 - Halloween Event

Halloweens begin dropped October 31st, 2014 at 00:00.00 EST and stop 11:59.99.

If you live on the Eastern Seaboard of the USA, your time should coincide with DC. Those who live east, will be ahead depending on their time zone. Those living west will be behind DC time.

Adjust DC time to your time zone and you should get an approximate local time of the drops.

Note: you can put "local time in EST" in google and a timer should appear automatically.

Edited by Spyridon

Hrm... I should probably stop getting awesome stuff from the AP that I'll have to then choose between those and the new release... unsure.gif

I am just loving the stuff I've gotten from the AP.. so much great stuff!! :D

has anyone else found that the trick or treats have stopped popping up suddenly?

Looks like you found them all.

I hope so too, I've been hearing a lot of "Oct 30 they drop" which worries me since I have eggs needed for projects/a CB Gold. I don't remember too well what happened last time, but /I think/ the release lasted for 48 hours.

Depends on where you live. I live on the West Coast so Halloween eggs will begin dropping at 9:00pm on 30 October and will stop at 8:59 pm on 31 October by my local time. If you live in Mountain, Central, Hawaiian or Alaskan time zones you will have to adjust accordingly. Dragon Cave operates on East Coast United States time. For those of you in Great Britain, Europe, Asia and Austrailia, you'll have to figure out your own time zones.

As of this post, you have 24 hours and 25 minutes until insanity ensues.😝

How many items are there in total for the Halloween adventure?

ETA: Never mind! Checked the first post. smile.gif I'm good.

Edited by Coronaviridae

That would be Oct 31 12:00:00 AM EST, I hope.

If this is correct then this link should be a countdown timer, although since I am quite brainsleepy I'd appreciate someone double checking to make sure I put that in correctly.

Edited by diaveborn

I was lucky to get three as I had a 10 year-old used laptop at the time smile.gif

One from the first drop (that was pure luck; I had no idea there was a Halloween release as I wasn't on the forum), one egg from the AP, and the already-named s2 female that I mentioned a few posts back (also on the AP).

I agree with _Z_, that was a very interesting release smile.gif

Happy to see you enjoyed the irony, of the vampire release.

If this is correct then this link should be a countdown timer, although since I am quite brainsleepy I'd appreciate someone double checking to make sure I put that in correctly.

Looks right to me. smile.gif

When's the best time to start hunting for new release eggs? Is the traffic lower at the moment of release, or later on?

Looks right to me. smile.gif

To me too, considering my time zone & planning.

It's ~1:21pm in Japan (Thursday 30th), the drop should start Friday 31st 1pm and end on Saturday 1st 1pm.

[i have 5 eggs hatching tomorrow from 2pm-4pm. Then I could take 5 new eggs and revive the 21 dead by time-out hatchlings and the five dead adults which I killed on 17th. After 10:30pm I should have my five kill slots back and can kill five more dragons to revive them.

On Saturday morning anytime before 9am, I will have two other old Halloween eggs hatching and can get two more new ones. I hope I do not oversleep.

Needless to say, I will have a little problem if I am totally wrong. xd.png ]

Edited by Mondat

When's the best time to start hunting for new release eggs? Is the traffic lower at the moment of release, or later on?

Traffic is always highest during the initial first few hours (or at least that's what I've observed). And that goes for EVERY new release, Holiday or otherwise. I'd say Holiday releases are much busier in general.

However, since they will drop non stop (with no randoms mixed in) all day long, you should have plenty of time to find enough lulls to fill your clutch smile.gif

Edited by Wahya

My first batch of Halloweens for the season grew up - 4 black marrows, a shadow and a grave smile.gif

Mine would have grown up...had I not freezed them all xd.png

All I needed to complete my collection were hatchlings! I got all the adults last year, thankfully.

As in this fuzzy thing? ---> user posted image

The URL used on the first page of this thread says slender cat.

My eyesight isn't the best when it comes to seeing tiny things.

I kept looking at this thing and wondering what it was supposed to be!

Traffic is always highest during the initial first few hours (or at least that's what I've observed). And that goes for EVERY new release, Holiday or otherwise. I'd say Holiday releases are much busier in general.

However, since they will drop non stop (with no randoms mixed in) all day long, you should have plenty of time to find enough lulls to fill your clutch smile.gif

Okay, thanks.

I'm really excited for the release!! It's my first holiday event! ⁺✧.(˃̶ ॣ⌣ ॣ˂̶∗̀)ɞ⁾

But from all the current Halloween dragons, my favorite would have to be the Shadow Lurkers <3

Well, my first Marrows grew up just now - and hey, they are breedable! blink.gif The "Breed" option is not greyed out, heh. wink.gif I kind of want to breed them, but am afraid of what will happen if I do. o.O

EDIT #1: Just noticed that it's only one of my Marrows that is currently breedable - the other's breeding option is indeed greyed out.

EDIT #2: Couldn't contain my curiosity and just successfully bred the one breedable Marrow, heh. unsure.gif

Edited by Duysterwald

I just tuned in again to see that new treats were added. I had all of the last batch.... How many are in this one? And, might there be another? xd.png

Edit: Also saw that the carnival had been reset? No new ones were added, correct?

Edited by RavenWolf1010

I just tuned in again to see that new treats were added. I had all of the last batch.... How many are in this one? And, might there be another? xd.png

Edit: Also saw that the carnival had been reset? No new ones were added, correct?

So far, I think there are 43. As far as another batch, I hope so, but have no idea for sure. smile.gif