TJ09

2014-10-25 - Halloween Event

OMG Tomorrow is gonna go so freaking slow while I wait for Midnight to tick around! Grow up already! >.< (bloats her dragons and throws growth potions on them to hurry their growth)

Haha, so glad I'm a few hours earlier than DC time- no staying up late needed!

I am an hour behind it, being in the CST of the US but still! 11pm! D: Why?!

This is the first time I will be so active around a release and I am so hyped!

I may actually go Trick or Treating in my town, I can pass off as being at least 14 with how young I look! (I am really 22)

Does anyone know what real-world time zone Dragon Cave is based in?

Is it US EST? If so, then sad.gif because that's me, which means 7 hours of missed dragon-catching time on the 31st.

Ah, I can't be on when they're released because of school, but I'll be sure to get some as soon as I can! (Which will hopefully be that morning if I'm fast enough)

I kinda hope there will be a color scheme like the Cavern Lurkers, but with a brighter purple and orange (and maybe even a lime green??). I'd been wanting a dragon color scheme like that but I was kinda disappointed because the whole anthropomorphic dragon concept just isn't my thing.

Is it US EST? If so, then sad.gif because that's me, which means 7 hours of missed dragon-catching time on the 31st.

And yes, that's the same time.

But don't worry, only Halloweens will be in the cave all day! (At least, if I recall correctly)

I do believe it is in EST. When i post it says i posted an hour after what my time says. Like it is 8:13pm for me now and this will say 9:13pm

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

It's EST/ ET. Don't worry. The drop is usually from 12:00AM-11:59PM and it's just Halloween eggs. If you do miss it, you can sometimes find them in the AP after or you can get them in trades. There are also nice people who gift eggs to those who missed it or know they can't be there for the event.

Ok thanks guys! But one more question, when I post, it shows the time to be CST or whatever Chicago's time is called, but when you guys quoted my post, it showed the correct time. (EST)

So when you guys quoted me, it showed that you posted it between 8-9, but my quote was after 9?

I would've said that DC is in EST, and DC Forum is in CST, but since my quote showed EST time, then idk.

Edited by gusearth1

I would've said that DC is in EST, and DC Forum is in CST, but since my quote showed EST time, then idk.

This is correct: The DC Forum is CST unless you actually go to settings and switch the time to your preferred time zone smile.gif DC itself is EST

Does anyone know when the new Halloween CB Release eggs are generally released? Oct 31 12:00:00 AM EST or is it Oct 30 12:00:00 AM EST? >_>;

EDIT: Edited to be more specific, my bad lol

Edited by Saynna

Does anyone know when the new Halloween CB Release eggs are generally released? Oct 31 12:00:00 AM EST or is it Oct 30 12:00:00 AM EST? >_>;

EDIT: Edited to be more specific, my bad lol

That would be Oct 31 12:00:00 AM EST, I hope.

Otherwise I might run into problems getting the new eggs cause I am locked with incubated eggs.

None of the Halloween dragons really appeal to me like the Christmas and Valentine's Day ones do. Out of the ones we do have, though, the Shadow Walkers are my favorite followed kinda by the Grave dragons. The Cavern Lurkers have never seemed like Halloween dragons to me, I still have trouble seeing them sorted with my other Halloween dragons. cx

And this is not good! I may not have internet where I'll be working this weekend so I might miss the drop! D'= I really want CBs of all the event dragons so if I miss this one I'm going to be super sad. >_<

I think the only one that has appealed to me has been the Grave Dragon.

Hey how many trick or treat icons are available. I have about 35? Yeah.

IMO it's better to use your influences on your lineaged older Halloweens than the new release, because it's really easy to trade gendered new release hatchlings if you don't get the ones you needed! It will be a lot harder to swap or replace your lineages dragons if they gender wrong. Just a thought!

I think the only one that has appealed to me has been the Grave Dragon.

Hey how many trick or treat icons are available. I have about 35? Yeah.

That would be Oct 31 12:00:00 AM EST, I hope.

Otherwise I might run into problems getting the new eggs cause I am locked with incubated eggs.

I hope so too, I've been hearing a lot of "Oct 30 they drop" which worries me since I have eggs needed for projects/a CB Gold. I don't remember too well what happened last time, but /I think/ the release lasted for 48 hours.

Oh wow I have some ways to go. I still have till tomorrow or the day after right? I'll try and get them tonight though.

I hope so too, I've been hearing a lot of "Oct 30 they drop" which worries me since I have eggs needed for projects/a CB Gold. I don't remember too well what happened last time, but /I think/ the release lasted for 48 hours.

Nah, don't listen to them. Halloween is usually celebrated from 31st to 1st November. Check the internets. ETA: so the drop starts when the clock hits 31st.

I also looked at past years news threads, they are all dated on 31st (well 2012 release was postponed because of Sandy).

If it was on 30th, I also couldn't create Zombies.

I calculated everything, also with Incubate so I could get three full fills of eggs. We should be fine.

Edited by Mondat

The drop has always started at the stroke of midnight when October 31 hits and continues through the entire 24 hours that Halloween day lasts. So it starts just as Friday starts and ends just as Friday ends.

ETA: all times above are Cave Time.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Noooooo, got all excited to catch a fourth gen shadow walker from ice because I caught an ice ancestor of the lineage a while back. Just checked and my ice is third gen. >_e That would have made a mate so much easier, lol.

TJ has on the front page that they'll be dropping for 24 hours. The Halloween drops will be on the 31st cave time (which will still be the 30th for some people playing DC) when it starts. It helps to have a world clock open if you aren't sure. :3

TJ has on the front page that they'll be dropping for 24 hours. The Halloween drops will be on the 31st cave time (which will still be the 30th for some people playing DC) when it starts. It helps to have a world clock open if you aren't sure. :3

I wish we could get the clock TJ promised us so I could see EST time :3

As I have been playing DC for over a year I have gotten familiar with the time of releases (I am JST), but it would be nice to have it nevertheless.