TJ09

2014-10-25 - Halloween Event

My favorites is a toss-up between Graves and Shadow Walkers, but they all have their awesome elements.

My favorites go as follows:

Grave, Shadow Walker, Black Marrow, Cavern Lurker, Pumpkin, Vampire

Vampires don't really strike me as Halloween dragons since they're not exclusive to the breeding season, but I've never been the biggest fan of them. They're pretty, and I like the few I've collected, I just like others better.

The Pumpkins also don't seem to be on the same level as the others, simply due to the age of the sprite, but they still have their charms. My eldest Halloween dragon is a Pumpkin so I can't complain too much, she and her Black Marrow "sister" are really special to me.

Graves are beautiful, with all the patterns on their wings. The Shadow Walkers are also really pretty to me, and I love how they're partially transparent. Makes them look strange on some backgrounds though.

Really wish I had managed to get some CBs, but real life issues forced me to go inactive about a month after I made my account so I only managed to get a bred Black Marrow and Pumpkin and a few badges, so while this is technically my second DC Halloween it feels like the first.

Really happy to get the other Halloween breeds now, so excited for my hatchlings to mature tomorrow. Can't wait for the release simply so I can get a few CBs, I'm sure they'll be gorgeous.

Didn't influence any of these guys because I'm saving them for the new release

biting my nails that they gender right

Argh, I'm so silly. I forgot I was going to make three mates for my Arsani dragons (two from shadow walkers, one from a cavern lurker) this year. Obviously already bred my CBs. Way to go. xd.png Ah well. Got a lot of other things I needed to do done (like frozen hatchling fodder and marrow lineages I really, really wanted to continue). Just forgot about the Arsani ones. smile.gif

And since everyone seems to be doing it, my Halloween sprite favourites: Marrow > Pumpkin > Vampire >> Shadow Walker > Zombie > Grave > Cavern Lurker.

Edit: Two awesome people have approached me to cover the 2 x 2G shadow walker / Arsani dragon thing! Thank you, Ruby Eyes and Sethiss! user posted image

Edit II: How. This community is amazing. T_T Thank you, herk (and Solar Cat for offering), I've got everything covered now! *suffocating grouphug*

Edited by pinkgothic

Didn't influence any of these guys because I'm saving them for the new release

biting my nails that they gender right

Haha, hoarding pinks works for a reason. xd.png

But yeah, saving influence for new release is smart.

I'm still sad I never was able to catch a CB vamp even though I was there for the release :v

I was lucky to get three as I had a 10 year-old used laptop at the time smile.gif

One from the first drop (that was pure luck; I had no idea there was a Halloween release as I wasn't on the forum), one egg from the AP, and the already-named s2 female that I mentioned a few posts back (also on the AP).

I agree with _Z_, that was a very interesting release smile.gif

This is my first holiday... :/ I never even had a chance to catch a CB Holiday dragon ever, until Halloween.

Is it Friday yet?! :D Personally I think it'd be neat if this year's Halloween breed was a drake or two-headed, and as far as the 'theme' goes, I really want some kind of arachnid dragon, though a lycanthrope breed would be cool too.

For me it goes: Shadow Walkers > Marrows = Lurkers = Graves > Vampires > Pumpkins

Even though I was technically around during the Pumpkin and Marrow releases, I didn't realize DC even had holidays until the Ribbon Dancer Christmas release. XD I guess that's part of the reason SWs are my favorite Halloween since their year was my first official DC Halloween. ^-^

Also, apparently the original Haunted House is playable again if you've got that badge? I meant to reread this year's event, but derped and clicked on the other one by accident and it let me go through. When did that happen? o.o

Hope the next dragon is really awesome looking.

And for me its Grave->Marrow->Cavern->Shadow->Vampire. And I'm not including Pumpkin since I absolutely could careless about them.

Aw, nobody likes Pumpkins? They don't have wide breeding options, but they're still adorable!

Saying you could care less means that you care~ tongue.gif

I like pumpkins. They're very cute.

Ahh~ I just collected a Ghost~! \(o []o)/

I love how I was like "Oh, what's that... oh! Yay video game references!!" xd.png

Ahh~ I just collected a Ghost~! \(o []o)/

I love how I was like "Oh, what's that... oh! Yay video game references!!" xd.png

You mean the ToT item? Or there's some random earlier release for some reason?

Haha, hoarding pinks works for a reason. xd.png

But yeah, saving influence for new release is smart.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna try and hoard pinks and reds in between all the releases.

I only have three pinks and six reds

I need to get more Pinks and Reds when Halloween is over and after Christmas. I need to make like three pages of each breed. Also need to increase my Magi count. Trading this year, and using them to get the lineages I want to continue or obtain, has nearly wiped me out of them.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna try and hoard pinks and reds in between all the releases.

I only have three pinks and six reds

Pinks and reds are awesome, useful for so much. I always make sure I have enough to last me the entire holiday week. xd.png

Aw, nobody likes Pumpkins? They don't have wide breeding options, but they're still adorable!

I love the Pumpkins. They're so cute. tongue.gif

Pinks and reds are awesome, useful for so much. I always make sure I have enough to last me the entire holiday week.  xd.png

You should pass some my way! Just kidding! I have enough to Influence an equal amount of my eggs. Can't wait!

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

Marrow, Vampire, Pumpkin, Grave / Shadowwalker, Lurker... imo.

Lurkers have strange anatomy to me, but I like their hatchlings. Graves have nice colors, shame the male pose is a bit scrunched. SWs are fine and I like how the S1 reminds me of a rat. Pumpkins are cute, and not in the overbearing, chibi, giant-eyed, infantile style, and have charm about them. Vampires have a neat color scheme and I enjoy the anemic coloration of the female and the blood markings.

Marrows are just boss, the end. The S1 alone is one of my favorite sprites on site =) As always, I'm hoping for a non-cliche, gory dragon this year.

I love the Pumpkins, especially with Dark Mysts in their lineages <333

I love the Pumpkins. I may not have any pending plans for breeding projects, but that could always change with future releases. Still, I always make sure to grab plenty of them.

i have a horrible habit of snatching up any reds or pinks close to holiday releases.

only a hour till new release for holiday? better lock my scroll with CB reds and pinks!! laugh.gif

i have a horrible habit of snatching up any reds or pinks close to holiday releases.

only a hour till new release for holiday? better lock my scroll with CB reds and pinks!! laugh.gif

Um halloween is the 31st o-o

OMG Tomorrow is gonna go so freaking slow while I wait for Midnight to tick around! Grow up already! >.< (bloats her dragons and throws growth potions on them to hurry their growth)

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna