LibbyLishly

Information found in the Encyclopedia: Discuss

Think of them as of scientific names wink.gif Like birds: the "Hoopoe" is scientifically called "Upupa epops" laugh.gif And then there is the common name for the "Parus major" ...

I checked the "Unknown Breed" pages (white spoilers I posted earlier) after today's release with no change. So pages 4 and 76 are something else and aren't the new dragon.

Think of them as of scientific names wink.gif Like birds: the "Hoopoe" is scientifically called "Upupa epops" laugh.gif And then there is the common name for the "Parus major" ...

Chicken has it's scientific name Gallus gallus domesticus tongue.gif

Dino eggs have been fun, just need 2 yellows and 1 blue observation now.

Haven't seen a single neglected egg yet, must keep patrolling ERs.

Haven't seen a single neglected egg yet, must keep patrolling ERs.

Me either and they're the only thing that I need apart from the holiday eggs.

Zombie Dragon Adult Behavior -

Hatred of light is actually due to the inability to dialate their pupils. They literally cannot see in all but the dimmest environments.

Two things. Dilate is spelled wrong (may not apply to all regions). Also, factually incorrect. An undilated pupil (or constricted pupil) is what happens when an eye is exposed to bright light limiting the amount of light being exposed to the photoreceptors of the eye.

Eye doctors use a chemical to prevent pupil constriction during some eye exams so that they can shine in a nice bright light to see details within the eye through the pupil and you can see people after those exams with dark sunglasses to prevent painful exposure to sunlight and other bright light sources.

So if zombie dragons really did hate sunlight due to its brightness logically their eyes would have the inability to CONSTRICT their pupils. And don't give me some silly nonsense about dragon eyes, undead or not, being different from human eyes. I'm sure they are but unless they happen to see reflected darkness instead of reflected light (instead of photoreceptors their eyes would have to have their opposite) this doesn't make sense. Although now that I mention it... perhaps the zombification process turns photoreceptors into ... someone come up with a fancy latin name for something that sees the absence of light instead of light itself.

I just unlocked more info about the Deep Sea dragons, and this line:

Fleshy growth off their head ends in a bioluminescent bulb near their mouth which acts as a lure for prey.

...made me look more closely at the sprite, so that, for the first time ever, I noticed the indicated bioluminescent bulb.

I used to think I was an observant person. I don't think that anymore. xd.png

Wow, was I wrong about this. Their mana-infused eyes are directly in front of small mana reserves, commonly mistaken to be second and third pairs of eyes.

I'm wondering if Desipises were intended to have 6 eyes?

I also think this might need an edit:

When their mana has been depleted, they grow very weak and sluggish, needing replenish their reserves quickly.

Edited by Meg_752

I also think this might need an edit:

When their mana has been depleted, they grow very weak and sluggish, needing replenish their reserves quickly.

You should report that here. smile.gif

Encyclopedia complete biggrin.gif Only missing xmas/valentine egg sprites. Thanks to this post!

Edited by Shirubia

Gonna go ahead and bump this due to the new update. It's nearly 4 am here, so I need to go to bed, but I look forward to discovering which breeds now have encyclopedia info!

Is it weird that I can't recognize any of the 21 new additions. Nothing is standing out to me.

Per the new post in the news section, there are updates on the following dragons in the encyclopedia:

Anagallis Dragon

Coastal Waverunner

Dark Green Dragon

Falconiform Wyvern

Flamingo Wyvern

Gold-horned Tangar

Gray Dragon

Green Dragon

Heartseeker Dragon

Holiday Dragon (2012)

Ice Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Olive Dragon

Plated Colossus Dragon

Pyralspite Dragon

Ridgewing Dragon

Royal Crimson Dragon

Turpentine Dragon

Two-Finned Bluna

Water Walker Dragon

Whiptail Dragon

And the following received updates:

Pillow Dragon

Pink Dragon

Oh hey, new breeds listed. =o Thanks, cathie!

Haven't looked through these breeds myself, but I hope people find some interesting information. ^^

EDIT: From Colossi

Are able to feed on rotting meat with no ill effects.

Eww, neat!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

From the Waverunner entry:

May nest near human settlements just to drive out humans in the area with their constant noisiness, which they seem to consider entertainment.

What jerks!

Flamingo:

They are fascinated with weaponry of any sort, and some will keep small hoards of it. Aside from shields, swords, spears, and other human creations, Flamingos will also fight over shed antlers, teeth, and horns from other dragons.

Never thought I'd have something in common with dragons named after dumb pink birds. tongue.gif

And Water Walker:

Smelly gas produced from digesting fiber-rich foods contributes to bouyancy further.

While submerging, will flatulate if possible.

Gross. xd.png

Highlight:

Colour/number of flowers appears dimorphic: females yellow (3), males red (2)

~Sounds like the plan to give them sprite dimorphism might happen soon!~

~~~

By the way, instead of making text white, you can make it completely invisible by using:

[color=transparent][/color]

Edited by MessengerDragon

By the way, instead of making text white, you can make it completely invisible by using:

[color=transparent][/color]

But then people have to quote your post to read it. It hides text too well. =p

What jerks!

I thought it was funny LOL. xP

A couple of my favourite finds:

Ice - Developing hatchlings make very cute and make high-pitched squealing sounds'

aww thats cute and then suddenly - Capable of using their ice breath to freeze prey in seconds.

Same sort of accidents can occur here with Olives when its all 'In captivity, become strongly attached to their human owner but become more aloof as they age' D'aww!

Then - 'Cannot control the amount of venom injected from fangs or spines; dry bites and stabbings do occur.'

Misc:

1. 'Pillows are very difficult to anger, but one may use Air magic in a roar to help defend itself or others.' - apparently Pillows can do that.

2. In the wild they like to chase songbirds. Then eat them. and 'They can and will drink fermenting fruit if they find it. This is a bad things as they can’t steer when flying like this.' - I think the Christmas 2012's Encyclopedia descriptions are my favourite so far.

3. Leave deliberate scent trails to help lead a pair of mate-less dragons to each other. - Heartseekers are a bit like Cupids, aren't they?

4. Likes to dig holes. Lots and lots of holes. I think Dark-Greens like to dig.

5. Female Falconiform Wyverns are generally smaller than males, and have no “beard.”

6. Blunas are expensive to feed in captivity. I like to think Blunas are the equivalent to Koi fish in the world of Valkemare.

7. Love resting and romping in flower fields, making them extremely effective pollinators. Ridgewings are massive bees.

7. Love resting and romping in flower fields, making them extremely effective pollinators. Ridgewings are massive bees.

Oh brilliant, I named mine after flowers and trees and stuff, that's definitely going to be used in a description! I also loved that Unprotected caches of potion supplies frequently fall victim to snacking daydreams. I can imagine a whole range of accidents about to happen...

6. Blunas are expensive to feed in captivity. I like to think Blunas are the equivalent to Koi fish in the world of Valkemare.

I'm not sure which comparison I love more, lol. They just made both these dragons really cute.

EDIT: https://dragcave.net/lineage/bgGTX

https://dragcave.net/view/hHeJ

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

But then people have to quote your post to read it. It hides text too well. =p

Not really, you just have to highlight it. smile.gif

Another couple of bits I found interesting from the Storm Dragon encyclopaedia page:

~ The inscrutible dignity of a Storm dragon hides a near insatiable curiosity.

~ Storm Dragons cannot abide being idle, and are constantly moving and exploring.

~ If a Storm Dragon is still, it is either sleeping, reading, or scrying.

It doesn't actually show up when highlighted, MessengerDragon. White does, but transparent doesn't unless you open it as a quoted post. smile.gif

It doesn't actually show up when highlighted, MessengerDragon. White does, but transparent doesn't unless you open it as a quoted post. smile.gif

Interesting. The transparent shows up when I highlight it, but I'm on Linux. My highlight is a much darker color. Could that be the difference?

Interesting. The transparent shows up when I highlight it, but I'm on Linux. My highlight is a much darker color. Could that be the difference?

Huh, that's odd. Not sure what Sock is on (since she mentioned it not showing for her), but on Chrome/Mac there doesn't seem to be a way to get it to show short of quoting. Innnteresting indeed.