Ansela Jonla

Encyclopedia Helpers

I just realized something, I know if you haven't unlocked the egg in the Encyclopedia you can't breed-filter for it in the trading hub... But you *can* search for the breed name in the 'wants' box, and many people describe their 'have' in that box as well, so it often brings up the breed they are trading. I just tried it and found two trades with Dinos that way. It might take awhile of checking every so often but that's an option.

On 9/9/2018 at 10:14 AM, Aalbiel said:

Yep, a dragon counts as "viewed" for a month, then you can view it again, which means you can also re-view your own dragons for stuff!

:D I've been here for almost ten years and I never knew this. Shows that you never stop learning :D

11 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I just realized something, I know if you haven't unlocked the egg in the Encyclopedia you can't breed-filter for it in the trading hub... But you *can* search for the breed name in the 'wants' box, and many people describe their 'have' in that box as well, so it often brings up the breed they are trading. I just tried it and found two trades with Dinos that way. It might take awhile of checking every so often but that's an option.

Thanks, every little bit helps!

I have a highlighted group I recently created strictly for 'descaling' Luminas, Darks and normals, for encyclopedia fill; and bred everyone who would accept a mate. My scroll is the same as my forum, Kenoma.

https://dragcave.net/user/Kenoma

Edited by Kenoma
Minor proofread edits

So for clarification personally, plus anyone wondering, any alts we see that were, say, gifts from a glitch or a one year thing (the sweetlings i saw mentioned brought this question to mind, I think aside from the spriter's alt they did a year where for Halloween they turned black? But the glitch was some didn't revert?), nor the "Spriters Alts" have encyclopediaentry spaces? Or just the spriter's alts & glitches?

On 10/29/2014 at 9:45 PM, numb3rs said:

how can I unlock this?

user posted image

I have unlocked all black dragons observations but cannot unlock this

It is a mite mind-numbing, but easiest is to go through whatever black alt lineages you can get ahold of. You'll know it's one of the ones you need by the fact that the Adult's breed Won't be listed on the dragon's page, even though you can tell it's a Black; the adult .gifs are exactly the same for both alt hatch Black lines.

5 hours ago, Naraku said:

Dead ND egg; a random 1h egg I just got from the AP turned and died. Likely was abandoned experiments :P

Sorry for you lucky snag that turned into a sad loss. 😫  Thanks for sharing the shell though!  Sadly, for whatever reason my eggs observed still shows at 0 and it's only the egg I need to unlock. Argh.

Does viewing tombstones count for Zombies or do I have to see their zombie sprite?

Edited by Nandeenah

2 minutes ago, Nandeenah said:

Does viewing tombstones count for Zombies

Yes

(Tombstones of zombies only, of course, not of regular dead dragons.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yes

(Tombstones of zombies only, of course, not of regular dead dragons.)

I have a problem with my encyclopedia. Can someone tell me how many different dragons there are?    

My Scroll shows Unique Breeds: 218, while a friend in a chat room shows 219, we both have been playing since 2008 and collect a lot of every breed. Her encyclopedia page shows 219 dragon images the same as my 219 dragon images. We both have unlocked all the views for every dragon type except for ONE dragon adult Zombie red tailed pygmy wyrm. That is the only greyed out image on hers and mine both. But I am still one dragon breed short. I have unlocked all the following images for these types of dragons: 

Alts for: Black (reg, curled and sitting)  Dark green (regular and alt)  Undines (reg and alt gold)

Zyumorphs all 6 different dragons

Snow Angel all 3 different wing forms

17 different Zombies------with the exception of the red tailed pygmy adult as stated above...missing on both accounts

Spirit Ward all 5 different glowing stages

Luminas Light and Dark with and without scales on both

Celestials in both forms

Bolts that have stunned and regulars

Aeons that have precoged and regulars

As far as I know the Soltice do not have any other wing form showing except for the rosy colored ones

I am stumped and can not figure out where the difference is and why I only have 218 showing on my scroll page.

Edited by Zylara

@Zylara

Your scroll's unique count means the unique breeds you own, not what you've seen in the encyclopedia.

If your friend has a scroll count of 219, and you have one of 218, then your friend owns a breed that you do not.

I have been playing since 2008, I know I have all dragon types, all Xmas, all halloween, all valentines, NDs, Dinos,  Chickens, cheese, Vamps. I collect up to 32 CBs of almost all Breedable dragons. If I dont have 32 then I prolly have at least 24 like if it comes in different colors. I have over 10,000 dragons. I am not missing any breed of dragon.

Unless maybe it counts each different zombie type...but That doesnt make sense to me.

Edited by Zylara

@Zylara either it's glitched for you or you're missing something. I have 219 breeds as well.

It does not count every Zombie type. All Zombies fall under a single umbrella of Undead.

As for the count, I don't know what to tell you. The only thing that I can possibly think of that you might not have is an enraged Aegis from a quick look at your scroll.

@Zylara