Melisande

Encyclopedia Suggestion - Count our Dragons!

It's an encyclopaedia. For everyone to look at. You wouldn't expect to find a list of the books you own in an on the shelf encyclopaedia. That isn't the purpose of an encyclopaedia. I'd love to have breed counts etc listed somewhere - but separately.

And how would a count work anyway, for pages that are yet to be unlocked and so on ?

Yes but the stats for unlocking the info in the encyclopedia are not technically a part of it, but more of personal records for keeping track of how many you've seen/raised. So the ones you've raised should count.

I really like this:

Please count the dragons we have by registering our own observations of dragons on our scrolls to count for both Hatchlings and Adults owned for every two of that breed we click on our scrolls.

I think that's fair.

Honestly, the requirements aren't so hard that I think that's necessary. This is supposed to give us something to do. I don't want that taken away from me just because I raised these dragons previously. If I want the higher stats, I can pick up more of that dragon. If I don't want to keep, I can always kill or release.

/in regards to clicking our own dragons counting as more

Adding my voice to this -

Given that the information in the Encyclopaedia is compiled (aka unlocked) by observing or raising dragons, it makes sense to count the dragons on our scrolls - obviously I raised everything on there. And yes, having to start from scratch by clicking a ton of dragons is a annoying when I've already raised so many of them. I realize that any such count would be inaccurate, given that people will have abandoned stuff since they started playing, but at least it's more accurate than not counting it at all.

As for people arguing that they want to do all the work from scratch - that's fine and totally your prerogative. However, it's also my prerogative NOT to want to work from scratch.

My solution would be a simple 'count and add to encyclopaedia' button that, well, counts how many dragons you have on your scroll and adds them to the encyclopaedia. People who want the dragons already on their scroll to stand for something can use the button; people who want to start from scratch can ignore it. That way everyone is happy.

Edited by Mistress of Whispers