TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

how unfair is that? rolleyes.gif

I've been playing for years and it says I own 0 dragons. that's why it's unfair. It's not giving credit to those of us who have been here and playing. It's kind of a slap in the face and feels like the years of time and work we have put into the game mean nothing.

Edited by Melisande

IMHO the encyclopedia would be SUPER boring if everything was already unlocked for me. =\ I have nearly 4k dragons and I am personally not at all bothered by the 0. Everyone can clearly see on my scroll that I have more than that, lol. And besides, I am the only one who can even see what number I have in the encyclopedia. =p

I've been playing for years and it says I own 0 dragons. that's why it's unfair. It's not giving credit to those of us who have been here and playing. It's kind of a slap in the face and feels like the years of time and work we have put into the game mean nothing.

agreed maybe at least a count of how many we have, how many we have raised, if they make us reclick em all ok i can accept that but GIVE ME MY COUNT!

IMHO the encyclopedia would be SUPER boring if everything was already unlocked for me. =\ I have nearly 4k dragons and I am personally not at all bothered by the 0. Everyone can clearly see on my scroll that I have more than that, lol. And besides, I am the only one who can even see what number I have in the encyclopedia. =p

True. But if you link the opening of information to observing and growing and not to the number of owned you can have it import the number of owned from our scrolls and still have every thing be opened by discovering it.

I get having to unlock the information from scratch, but the dragons that we already have should totally show up in our "raised dragons" stat and whatever.

I'm bummed about that. ;~; When I saw this, I thought-OMG OMG OMG this will be so helpful for hoarding!

But I'll have to add the little armies I have already! D:

Other than that, it seems really cool!

And I couldn't agree more with Zerhai. >_<

I get having to unlock the information from scratch, but the dragons that we already have should totally show up in our "raised dragons" stat and whatever.

I'm bummed about that. ;~; When I saw this, I thought-OMG OMG OMG this will be so helpful for hoarding!

But I'll have to add the little armies I have already! D:

Other than that, it seems really cool!

But the raised dragons also has to do with unlocking, so I don't get why it wouldn't also start at 0. o.o Just think of it as your total after the encyclopedia was added.

But the raised dragons also has to do with unlocking, so I don't get why it wouldn't also start at 0. o.o Just think of it as your total after the encyclopedia was added.

This is actually something I may quit over if nothing is done about it... a lot of the new changes to this game have made it less fun... and this is just kind of insulting... idk...

This is actually something I may quit over if nothing is done about it... a lot of the new changes to this game have made it less fun... and this is just kind of insulting... idk...

Then don't look at the encyclopedia simple as that if you don't want to play because of something so trivial so be it

If nothing else, I think that I'll just ignore the Encyclopedia and just go about my DC business, like Purplehaze had said.

If they fix anything, it should be the ACTIONS PAGE. Christ, I nearly abandoned a Gold hatchling the other day because the Actions never stay in one place. >_<

I think it might have been far better if in order to unlock we got to observe but once we do basic observation we would have gotten the stats for all the dragons of that breed we own in total.

That might have encouraged people to click a bit more who already own dragons as they get something for it that would've been awesome (like a count for each breed) but this way it's meh for people who breed or collect a lot for one species.

Honestly counting manually is a pain in the butt. This new feature is basically a big fat "yeah we could've given you a cool feature but instead we just gave you the idea of it and go nanananana"

sad.gif

No notes available on either my beloved Seawyrm Pygmies or my Tsunamis... *sad little hoarder noises*

Also, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BREED ANY NEW DRAGONS FOR THIS.

You just Need to click on them, either your own or other people's, can be hatchlings/eggs on hatching sites, can be Dragons in lineages, frozen hatchies, whatever...

Just for curiosity I clicked on several of my Undines and other's people Undines.

The result?

Eggs Owned: 1

Hatchlings Owned: 0

Adults Raised: 0

Eggs Observed: 1

Hatchlings Observed: 0

Adults Observed: 0

The egg, the only one counted, is one I adopted this morning.

So geh, this "observing" thing doesn't even works like it should.

Stop complaining about the little things EVERYONE starts at 0 you shouldn't be special just because you were here longer..how unfair is that? rolleyes.gif

It's not being special, it's that, uh, yes, I've been here longer. Everyone does the same amount of work in the end. The difference is, I've already done that work over my six years of being here. Being set back to ground zero is annoying (I really don't feel like clicking on loads of adult dragons I already raised to unlock stuff I should already "know"), and sometimes even frustrating (seriously, finding enough ND hatchlings to click on--or raising more of my own--is going to be hell).

Accordingly I wish what we had already counted--when I saw the announcement I was looking forward to going and reading about dragons for a while, not having to spam click to do so. Heck, even IF all my info had been added, some of my breeds wouldn't be quite there yet. But at least I could be focusing on them instead of stalking down loads of White hatchies that I already did have...

And I get that the cave probably didn't have the capacity to store how many things we saw over all that time before now, but it could probably at least have grabbed Hatchlings Owned / Adults Raised / Hatchlings Observed / Adults Observed from our scrolls. Even if the actual number is lower than accurate (I have seen more than the 20 Adult Whites I own), it's a lot more accurate than starting at zero.

Last but not least, wish UVs counted as well as clicks ;(

So I AM glad to have the info, and the world info, and it's pretty cool and all--I just wish that info didn't look so tedious to unlock. Or time consuming. Because the two options presented are waste hours clicking things (tedious) or wait naturally for it to fill up (which would probably take years).

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I think it might have been far better if in order to unlock we got to observe but once we do basic observation we would have gotten the stats for all the dragons of that breed we own in total.

That might have encouraged people to click a bit more who already own dragons as they get something for it that would've been awesome (like a count for each breed) but this way it's meh for people who breed or collect a lot for one species.

Honestly counting manually is a pain in the butt. This new feature is basically a big fat "yeah we could've given you a cool feature but instead we just gave you the idea of it and go nanananana"

sad.gif

Yes, this so much. I love clicking and exploring, but I would really really love to have the actual count. I'm totally okay with information filling in slowly, but please give me my stats.

Just for curiosity I clicked on several of my Undines and other's people Undines.

The result?

Eggs Owned: 1

Eggs Observed: 1

Hatchlings Observed: 0

Adults Observed: 0

The egg, the only one counted, is one I adopted this morning.

So geh, this "observing" thing doesn't even works like it should.

That is something to report to TJ. It was working fine for tester's I believe. You clicked on the dragon from a fansite, forum, or scroll?

It's not being special, it's that, uh, yes, I've been here longer. Everyone does the same amount of work in the end. The difference is, I've already done that work over my six years of being here. Being set back to ground zero is annoying (I really don't feel like clicking on loads of adult dragons I already raised to unlock stuff I should already "know"), and sometimes even frustrating (seriously, finding enough ND hatchlings to click on--or raising more of my own--is going to be hell).

Accordingly I wish what we had already counted--when I saw the announcement I was looking forward to going and reading about dragons for a while, not having to spam click to do so. Heck, even IF all my info had been added, some of my breeds wouldn't be quite there yet. But at least I could be focusing on them instead of stalking down loads of White hatchies that I already did have...

And I get that the cave probably didn't have the capacity to store how many things we saw over all that time before now, but it could probably at least have grabbed Hatchlings Owned / Adults Raised / Hatchlings Observed / Adults Observed from our scrolls. Even if the actual number is lower than accurate (I have seen more than the 20 Adult Whites I own), it's a lot more accurate than starting at zero.

Last but not least, wish UVs counted as well as clicks ;(

So I AM glad to have the info, and the world info, and it's pretty cool and all--I just wish that info didn't look so tedious to unlock. Or time consuming. Because the two options presented are waste hours clicking things (tedious) or wait naturally for it to fill up (which would probably take years).

I understand where you're coming from but you're still singling out a certain group (new people) they would be clicking like you're doing now and if you find it tedious why wouldn't they?

This way everyone is being treated equally and not being left out just because some of you were "here longer" that's all I'm trying to say :/

I do agree though I wish it showed how many of each breed you own because it would help a lot with hoarders and I'm getting kinda tired of manually counting my falconiforms lol

I understand where you're coming from but you're still singling out a certain group (new people) they would be clicking like you're doing now and if you find it tedious why wouldn't they?

This way everyone is being treated equally and not being left out just because some of you were "here longer" that's all I'm trying to say :/

I do agree though I wish it showed how many of each breed you own because it would help a lot with hoarders and I'm getting kinda tired of manually counting my falconiforms lol

Well, the people who have been here longer have done the same amount of work(as in, raising dragons), just before the encyclopedia was a thing....

Though older members would have a tangible advantage with filling out retired breeds... hm...

Well, in theory new players are still trying to complete collections, and would be doing a lot of this stuff naturally. They can spam click now, like you said, but they don't have to. As they go through the game naturally raising things (like we did!), they'll get everything.

Whereas I did collect all these things, but I don't want to collect them again. For example (just using them because they're convenient, haha), Whites. I love Whites. But I already have a few dozen and don't really want more right now. I don't have any specific goals or projects with them. Going out of my way to grab / click more is tedious. Whereas for a new player who doesn't yet have many (or maybe even any!) White dragons, they already have great motivation to go out there and get more and so on. It's not adding extra work, it's encouraging them to do something they were probably already going to do anyway.

Which I think was the point of the encyclopedia: to have things fulfill themselves as you go about your normal way of playing. But being told you have to essentially do the entire game again to get what you already did...

I mean, I see where you're coming from as well (that new players might feel THEY have to go spam click), but I also think it's even more unfair to ask older players to do all the work twice (since we already did it once) while newer players only have to go through the process once. Newer players also presumably already have motivation to go out and grab one of everything, because it's their first time doing so. But I already did that (several times over!), and thus what was once exciting becomes a repetitive chore when I'm told I have to do it again. ;___;

That is something to report to TJ. It was working fine for tester's I believe. You clicked on the dragon from a fansite, forum, or scroll?

This same thing is happening to me. I am clicking on them from scrolls.

I'm reserving judgement on the actual encyclopedia as I haven't yet set out to click on and view stuff to make things accessible.

What I have realized, though, is that - for a while at least - this will be the end of my 0 click dragons. My current eggs went from no clicks to 4 -6 clicks each in just the space of this morning. rolleyes.gif

On thinking a bit longer, I also wish just clicking any stage of dragons of a given type (or, even better, unique viewing) would count for everything you need to do. Clicking eggs and hatchlings helps other people. Going around clicking on twenty adults does squat but waste time.

Saw this while checking for Holiday things: I've clicked from my dragons page, the wilderness, another player's scroll, and fansites, and only the first worked.

All from the scroll.

I won't be surprised if this is a browser related thing (I use an old version of Opera) and I have long learned that reporting bugs while using an old browser gets answered with "update it" (and I can't; my PC is old and recent browsers just aren't compatible) so I don't see the point.

If other people are experimenting the same issue on other more recent browsers, then it'll be worth to report it. But since no one is saying anything, I have to assume it just doesn't work for me because my browser so even if I wanted to fill the encyclopedia by observing dragons, I can't.

This is just another reason for me to not care about the encyclopedia...

Edit: It seems it's happening to other players too now? (There weren't any post about that while I was writing this) Then I guess it's worth to report it.

Edited by Nakuru

I agree with the people saying that the page should actually tell you how many of a certain type of dragon you already own. I see nothing wrong with having to unlock everything, as long as it tells you how many of a breed you already have.

And ... is it just me, or are other people also getting nothing when they click on dragons? I'm clicking adults and frozen hatchlings from my scroll and their breed isn't showing up. Also clicking eggs and hatchlings from click sites, and nothing.

So far the only way I've managed to get breeds to even show up is by breeding or catching.