TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

Me too, was hoping for an accurate count of the dragons already on our scroll =X

You can...

By clicking all your adults.

Which can be quite the task.

I'm already at 126 adult observations and still have another page of pygmies to go...

I can see why the cave is lagging.

So I noticed something neat. I got a cb Ridgwing Dragon egg and clicked on it, and now it shows what dragon breed it is from when it didn't before, and the link goes to the encyclopedia. I like that addition biggrin.gif

Those of you having problems unlocking things: make sure you look to see what its telling you that you need to click. If your own dragons arent doing it, find the breed you need on someone elses scroll. Mine is unlocked for that purpose.

Those of you having problems unlocking things: make sure you look to see what its telling you that you need to click. If your own dragons arent doing it, find the breed you need on someone elses scroll. Mine is unlocked for that purpose.

You can also use the Wilderness, it seems easier to me, especially to find hatchies!

One thing I have to wonder... How is this gonna work when new breeds are released?

Why we be able to see the adult's shadow in the encyclopedia page?

One thing I have to wonder... How is this gonna work when new breeds are released?

Why we be able to see the adult's shadow in the encyclopedia page?

Yes. It might not have information right away (some breeds didnt when testing started.. like balloons for example, but gained information later. I dont see new releases being a problem (or any serious rush to have similar information on hand for hopeful concepts that want released.. the info can be added later). There have been several releases since testing happened, and there hasnt really been any issues with that.

Find hatchlings at clicking sites, five refreshes here gave me 20 sightings of White hatchlings

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/

And when you Need adults to click, you can just use lineage links, there's often several of the same breed in lineaged Dragons.

Also, just to see what it Looks like when the shadows on the Encyclopedia turn colored, click on your Holiday Dragons. They unlock much faster.

Edited by lilysally

I think part of the problem here could be solved by either telling people how many dragons they have actually caught or how many they've caught since the encyclopedia came out. Other than that, it seems like there will always be one group of people who loves something while another group hates it and a few of us sort of sit on the sidelines and don't feel too strongly about it one way or another.

For example, I'm not crazy about the lore, partly because it's new and I preferred making up what goes on in the DC world in my head (for example, in my own little "head-canon", poachers are rare and those that get caught are eaten by other dragons) but that doesn't mean I'm going to complain too much just because "Valkemare" sounds weird and "mana" reminds me a lot of "mirajin". It's not anything that inhibits your normal gameplay, so ignore it if you don't like it, or come up with constructive criticism.

Me too, was hoping for an accurate count of the dragons already on our scroll =X

Head over to suggestions and support my latest - then it might get implemented on,fanpages. wink.gif

Two questions:

1) I don't see breed on my older dragons - hoping that this will later be added?

2) if I click not from my scroll, but lineage page or view/progeny page, it does not count as an observation. Bug or feature?

So, it tells me

You’ve unlocked all of the observations for this breed.
for the Splits.

But the egg is still greyed out in the little lineup and it doesn't list an Elemental Affinity. Is it supposed to be this way?

edit: my scroll is visible and sorted by breed wink.gif

Edited by blah

Click more eggs? I think "Observations" are only the little texty factoids, not the other data around that breed.

So, it tells me for the Splits.

But the egg is still greyed out in the little lineup and it doesn't list an Elemental Affinity. Is it supposed to be this way?

I had the same when unlocking the Blacks, I think they work independent from each other. You can see what you need to do to unlock the image by hovering over it smile.gif

You can...

By clicking all your adults.

Which can be quite the task.

I'm already at 126 adult observations and still have another page of pygmies to go...

I can see why the cave is lagging.

Nope doesn't work, clicking on my owned dragons only count for observations not for owning them.

So, it tells me  for the Splits.

edit: my scroll is visible and sorted by breed  wink.gif

Hover over the egg to find out how many more need clicked to unfog it. Some breeds are neutral, with no particular alignment.

Nope doesn't work, clicking on my owned dragons only count for observations not for owning them.

Maybe its only counting things as owned, after you raise them.. due to the whole starting at 0 for fairness thing.

Edited by Thuban

So, how do we unlock the eggs for the retired breeds? (Bright Pink, Frill)

(There's probably something obvious I'm missing, but the page says observe/click on so and so, and I don't think there is a way for bright pink eggs to ever appear again, right?)

Yes. That's what I mean.

Click all the adults you have of a species and the 'observations' will be the number of adults you have then just add it to "owned adults" once you start getting numbers in there and it'll be the number of adults you have of that species.

Or you can just make sure you click your adult dragon once it grows up, I don't know how that works yet.

Of course, this only works if you never click anyone else's adult dragon of that species ever.

So, how do we unlock the eggs for the retired breeds? (Bright Pink, Frill)

(There's probably something obvious I'm missing, but the page says observe/click on so and so, and I don't think there is a way for bright pink eggs to ever appear again, right?)

I have absolutely no idea how to unlock those.. sad.gif

Welp. We have to raise the breeds all over again?

Yeaaaaah my two Neglecteds were gifts and I doubt I'll be getting more any time soon. xd.png

Thanks though, TJ!

I have absolutely no idea how to unlock those.. sad.gif

I know Frills have been contest prizes, so there is a (slim) chance to see and own one of those, but Bright Pink eggs haven't been around in years....

But there have been discussions regarding bringing them back at some point, so maybe this means that something is in the works?

Some breeds are neutral, with no particular alignment.

Thank you smile.gif However, for the Bright Pinks for example, it actually states "Neutral" while the Splits only have a blank space.

Also thanks for the egg image help to Thuban, Sany and Ruby Eyes, it worked!

Maybe 2-headeds, Pygmies and Drakes don't have that field filled because they cannot breed with GoNs?