TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

This is going to be awesome. I foresee wasting hours of my time when I should be doing something else trying to complete my encyclopedia and read everything in it. biggrin.gif

smile.gif The Encyclopedia is awesome!! already love it!!.

it shows the egg & hatchie I am currently raising,: )

Thank you TJ smile.gif & artists smile.gif

I'm quite excited about this - especially got a little thrill when I hadn't seen this thread, and saw something new on the view page.. I always like seeing new stuff on-scroll first if possible so this was really fun today :)

Thanks to all involved!

Thanks to my OCD, essentially most of the pictures I can get unlocked at the moment are unlocked via just observation.

Meaning a lot of clicks

well it means im mostly caught up for this then heh

**start rant**

OMG why are you so upset? TJ and Co. have put months and months of time and effort into creating the Encyclopaedia, and you're complaining that you have to give a few extra clicks to use it?

TJ explained in the first post why existing dragons were not going to be recognized. It it's got nothing to do with fairness. It's about keeping the essence of discovering the contents! How boring would it be if it was all filled in already? And it wouldn't be appreciated as much either.

"Oh, TJ's made an encyclopedia?"

**click click click**

"Ok, that was fun. Now I'll....."

**never looks at it again**

**end rant**

Lots of us feel the way OP feels, so lay off with your hysterics. I've been collecting dragons here since 2005, and having the encyclopedia acknowledge this with an accurate count would not be boring. To be frank I would appreciate it more than having all my time, energy and LOYALTY to the site ignored. Chill, dude. We all have a right to our opinion. If this was set up differently, there would be no ill will. Hopefully TJ takes our feelings into consideration.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I wish that once a dragon is "unlocked", the next set of clicks/views go towards unlocking the sprite sequence under "Appearance" first instead of unlocking the "Observations".

For example, so far I have viewed 38 adult Neglecteds, and yet it has not unlocked any of the Adult Spites; instead I am at a point where it's telling me to "Raise 3 more adults, or observe 12 more adults" (to get more information I assume based on the red bar).

I hope this is not taken as an ungrateful gripe but as the constructive criticism that I mean it to be.

I still need to see eight Neglected adults...

... for 100 total.

It took me long enough to find 50 come on

And I've either exhausted most reliable sources or don't have the patience to sift through scrolls with 30+ pages at 200 per page. (And I'm not increasing that amount because that will kill my browser.)

At least I completed the page for my Black army. (except for two alt adult sprites which makes no sense because the set above that was unlocked...?)

Edit:

The killer here is "Raise 2 more adults, or observe 8 more adults. "

I have two NDs.

They were raised before the Encyclopedia came out.

They were also gifts and I doubt I'll be raising more anytime soon because I've never succeeded in making an ND by myself.

dry.gif

Edited by Kiryu

I love this so much. To me, this is much better than most any random monthly breeding release. Not that I don't appreciate those, but this is a really expansive treat that will allow for a lot of work outside of the normal breeding and raising and collecting cycle of stuff and I know a lot of work went into it.

I look forward to unlocking it and having something new to expand with my time here! Only bad thing is I now have a bit less limited time because of work and such, and it makes me want to spend more time here. Well done and much thanks!

"The encyclopedia is starting from scratch to give everyone the chance to fill out the encyclopedia (rather than having it all already unlocked for them)."

Oh dear god its taken me six years just to build up the collection I already have, I'm not spending six years building up the encyclopaedia too D:

Lovely idea and I'm glad to see the lore is being expanded, but I doubt I'm going to be really using it. My hands will fall off from the sheer amount of clicking required xd.png

If you pick up eggs from the ap, and abondon them again, it will unlock the egg sprite, but also count as an egg you own. (which isnt the case if you abondon it again lol)

"The encyclopedia is starting from scratch to give everyone the chance to fill out the encyclopedia (rather than having it all already unlocked for them)."

Oh dear god its taken me six years just to build up the collection I already have, I'm not spending six years building up the encyclopaedia too D:

Lovely idea and I'm glad to see the lore is being expanded, but I doubt I'm going to be really using it. My hands will fall off from the sheer amount of clicking required xd.png

I had the same exact thought when I read that. Hopefully we'll eventually get an option to add the dragons we currently have to the encyclopedia but if that doesn't happen I don't see myself using this. <:/

If you pick up eggs from the ap, and abondon them again, it will unlock the egg sprite, but also count as an egg you own. (which isnt the case if you abondon it again lol)

If you're locked and you breed an egg that's auto-abandoned, that also unlocks the egg image for you. biggrin.gif

Wow I am just loving this feature I'm very glad I have such a large scroll it sure is making this a lot easier I can't wait to start reading all the new information xd.png

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I wish that once a dragon is "unlocked", the next set of clicks/views go towards unlocking the sprite sequence under "Appearance" first instead of unlocking the "Observations".

For example, so far I have viewed 38 adult Neglecteds, and yet it has not unlocked any of the Adult Spites; instead I am at a point where it's telling me to "Raise 3 more adults, or observe 12 more adults" (to get more information I assume based on the red bar).

I hope this is not taken as an ungrateful gripe but as the constructive criticism that I mean it to be.

Sprite unlocks are at fixed amounts. e.g. to unlock a specific neglected adult, you need to view 15 of that adult (or raise 3).

It's not an either-or; there's no clicks "going towards" notes instead of sprite unlocks.

So, I spent a couple of hours yesterday evening playing around, and it was fun. I even managed to completely unlock all the information on there is on Speckle Throats.

But I'm really really bummed that all the dragons on my scroll don't count into the stats, like that beautiful 6th gen PB Speckle Throat lineage. sad.gif

I think some of observe X more numbers are a little insane. Who has time to "observe" 400 X's? I have no interest in raising 80 of them, either. And where on earth am I supposed to find 194 more X hatchlings to "observe"? blink.gif I, too, wish existing dragons went toward the totals.

However, some of the new info is really neat! smile.gif

I think some of observe X more numbers are a little insane. Who has time to "observe" 400 X's? I have no interest in raising 80 of them, either. And where on earth am I supposed to find 194 more X hatchlings to "observe"? blink.gif I, too, wish existing dragons went toward the totals.

However, some of the new info is really neat! smile.gif

ohmy.gif

What breed is that!?

So I finally hit the "observe 100 adults" goal for Neglected Dragons.

Next up is 174/200 ND hatchlings.

Seriously? sleep.gif

Edit:

Oh, I'm sorry, that's "Raise 35 more hatchlings, or observe 174 more hatchlings. "

Because getting 35 ND hatchlings is so much easier.

Edit 2:

I'm not actually complaining about the high number, because they are incredibly rare, but by all rights that number should be 33 for me. However, it's 3am and I feel like being sarcastic, so you all get to put up with my snide comments~

I've almost finished up with Nebulae, though. Need the red/green hatchie sprites.

Edited by Kiryu

ohmy.gif

What breed is that!?

Chickens rolleyes.gif I'm at the 200 mark on the 400 part of the chicken clicks lol going to bed though because I'm tired tongue.gif

I have this egg and it is labelled as a sunrise in my view. As far as I know, the sun rise/set is determined by the time it hatches, so it's not known with an egg. Is this not so any more?

Just out of pure curiosity, has anyone found one of these Nebs?

It is entirely possible for a black and white patterned Nebula to exist, as a form of albinism via colour-blindness. This, however, is extremely rare.

From DC Encyclopedia on Nebula Dragons.

Possible "secret" sprinter's alternate? blink.gif

Just out of pure curiosity, has anyone found one of these Nebs?

It is entirely possible for a black and white patterned Nebula to exist, as a form of albinism via colour-blindness. This, however, is extremely rare.

From DC Encyclopedia on Nebula Dragons.

Possible "secret" sprinter's alternate? blink.gif

Hmm... what are you up to, TJ? wink.gif

I have got all the pillow images! smile.gif