TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

On another note, I clicked a dragon of every breed, and here's a list of what dragons have extra info (it's in white text, so highlight it to read):

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS LIST. I am truly bummed that there are so few breeds with notes (I was really hoping for my Seawyrm Pygmies or my Tsunami Wyverns, but no), but it will take me plenty of time to unlock all these. This way I know what to work on.

Not sure if it's been asked before, but do our dragon descriptions have to match all this?

This is really cool! Thank you TJ! I think this will make collecting dragons more interesting. smile.gif

For hard-to-find dragons, try Googling part of the breed's description. For example, this will turn up a list of Undead dragons at DC:

site:dragcave.net "Failed attempts to experiment with magic often result in transforming"

It should at least help you de-shadow the image, so you can see the page. smile.gif

I have to admit, I was expecting something more useful, like the DC wiki. Since this is just trivia, I'm not all that irked by it being 'locked' despite my umpty-jillion dragons.

Now it's just a race to see which will happen first: will it be all the trivia ending up on the Wiki, or an artist's head exploding at yet another inappropriate BSA, because the trivia pre-emptively shooting it down requires 500 adult clicks to unlock?

For what it's worth, trivia or no, the one thing that would have made this update legitimately useful and of interest to me is stats - I try to track not only how many dragons I have but how many of each specific breed. Functional statistics, whether or not they're tied to unlocking trivia, would be awesome.

I have a love hate relationship with this Encyclopedia. I love it because it's new, it exists, and I'll get to learn about all my precious cuties. It's a big deal and I respect that Dragon Cave has come a long way... But, I was sort of hoping it would be like an on-site mini-wiki for the dragons I own. I thought it would be a reward for all the work that's been done on my scroll. I don't mean to complain, I just don't have a lot of time these days and I'm sad.

Also, after I unlock the sprites/info/dragons, will the dragons I have raised, prior to the encyclopedia, be added in? All my beautiful dragons that I spent time raising, that I've developed characters for, that -in some cases- I worked very hard to get; will they be nothing? Will they never count?

One more concern... I frequently write descriptions, and have quite a few approved. If the descriptions that have been approved conflict with new information in the encyclopedia, will something need to be done? Will new descriptions I write have to be accurate and consider the new information in the encyclopedia? - Edit: Thanks, Sock!

Edited by Ashikara

One more concern... I frequently write descriptions, and have quite a few approved. If the descriptions that have been approved conflict with new information in the encyclopedia, will something need to be done? Will new descriptions I write have to be accurate and consider the new information in the encyclopedia?

We're just going to be going off the view page description. Makes it easier on all of us. And hopefully nothing on the encyclopedia will conflict that much with anything anyone's come up with already, anyway. =p

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

One more concern... I frequently write descriptions, and have quite a few approved. If the descriptions that have been approved conflict with new information in the encyclopedia, will something need to be done? Will new descriptions I write have to be accurate and consider the new information in the encyclopedia?

You should be fine. I've written descriptions since they were first implemented, and I know several of the ones I made back then would never fly now (not inappropriate, of course, just not quite meeting current standards / always avoiding "you" / other little trifling things that would get mod intervention now). I'm also guessing most of what's in the encyclopedia applies primarily to wild dragons--which ours, in most cases, no longer are. smile.gif

Getting GoN eggs and hatchies is gonna be really hard...

By searching in google

site:dragcave.net Egg Stolen on: Oct 2014 This egg glows mysteriously.

...you will be able to find all the GoNs summoned this month, as far as I know.

Which is barely any, if that really is all the GoNs from this month.

Try looking here smile.gif

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=164308

People are pooling links to their rare dragons there for encyclopedia collection.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I seem to have trouble "observing" dragons.

I've gone through my Black collection and I've only unlocked the silouette on the first page of the encyclopedia. When I click and hover over the adult silhouettes on the Black Dragon's page, it says I need to observe 15 adults to unlock the image. I certainly have more than that.

Do I need to see the lineage page? Have to be someone else's dragon?

EDIT: I just found the post on the Help forum. It seems I am not the only one with the problem.

Edited by Imposibibble

We're just going to be going off the view page description. Makes it easier on all of us. And hopefully nothing on the encyclopedia will conflict that much with anything anyone's come up with already, anyway. =p

Oh good, because I've got a world created that is nothing like the one you guys have made.

I still want to know what's with that rooster. Will there be a rooster released at some point, so we can actually breed chickens?

Still want to know what's up with that. Is TJ planning to add them or something?

On my page, it doesn't show it.

Pic linked for spoilers

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab17/fd...zpsd05e8430.png

Note the lack of roosters.

Edited by BananaGummyBear64

Still want to know what's up with that. Is TJ planning to add them or something?

On my page, it doesn't show it.

I think you should delete that pic it's kinda spoiling things tongue.gif

Edited by Pestilence420

*engage click-frenzy mode*

biggrin.gif This is kinda fun clicking around and unlocking things. Should keep me busy for a bit.

Thanks for the new feature happy.gif

How can we unlock the egg images of discontinued dragons? o.O

A Blusang grew up on my scroll and that showed up on the dragonopedia page...but it says the adult wasn't observed even though I clicked on it. And it doesn't show that I had the egg or hatchling.

Also, it says the Blusang's location is unknown. ... Is that just because the Blusang that grew up was bred, or does anyone else see this as well?

On another note, I clicked a dragon of every breed, and here's a list of what dragons have extra info (it's in white text, so highlight it to read):

Balloon

Black

Blacktip

Blue-Banded

Canopy

Carmine

Copper

Daydream

Deep Sea

Dorsal

Ember

Gold

Harvest

Hellfire

Horse

Imperial Fleshcrowne

Magi

Nebula

Neglected

Pillow

Pink

Purple

Pygmy

Red

Royal Blue

Silver

Skywing

Speckle-Throated

Spitfire

Spotted Greenwing

Striped

Sunrise

Sunset

Two Headed (Split)

Undead

Water

Waterhorse

White

Chicken

Only 37 of 145 sad.gif

Just checked, zombies have entries too. So 38/145.

Um... how are we going to unlock the egg sprites of Old Pinks and Frills? Sorry if this was asked before - I seems to have missed it if it was..

Um... how are we going to unlock the egg sprites of Old Pinks and Frills? Sorry if this was asked before - I seems to have missed it if it was..

Right now, it doesn't seem to be possible. I'm hopeful this means a reintroduction might be forthcoming, but I imagine if not we can propose TJ just add them automatically once everything else in the entry is filled. smile.gif

Just checked, zombies have entries too. So 38/145.

zombies are really called Undead Dragons

zombies are really called Undead Dragons

I know, and I added them to the invisible list that way, but I think the more commonly used term on the forum is still zombies :3 (kinda like "Western Prizes" are Tinsels and "Dark Greens" are Vines)

Wow, just noticed it. I hope it's available on mobile, since I usually play from that.

And yay, a way to force myself to collect dragons again and make sure I've gotten all of them while being lazy! I guess I can't click on adults anymore, but I rarely did anyways.

Right now, it doesn't seem to be possible. I'm hopeful this means a reintroduction might be forthcoming, but I imagine if not we can propose TJ just add them automatically once everything else in the entry is filled. smile.gif

Thank you for the reply, angelicdragonpuppy! smile.gif A re-introduction would be awesome! *keeps hoping*