TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

Oh yeah, I saw that just before you answered. Thanks anyway!

The dragon count issues are pretty interesting. I'm going to wait and see if it works itself out before i get upset, though. I'm content waiting to see it TJ updates the counting mechanism or something like that.

Edited by hotbottleo'water1

Sweet I can't wait to get clicking to fill my pages of dragons out.

I just discovered that if you're using a browser extension like Linkclump, which allows you to highlight as many links as you like and open them all at once, it doesn't count those as views. DC has an issue with links opened in that style, I'm not sure if it's intentional or not. So that might be why some of you are having trouble (definitely frustrating to know that all those links I opened were for nothing, but I'm glad I figured it out fairly early). 

I guess it's the database that has to catch up with the amount of 'overservations' you are doing. Think about a queue that stacks up and has to be worked down. I'm pretty sure it just need an hour and then a hard refresh.

I just clicked someones lair and man, that person has a lot of dragons. Then I noticed that I don't have any hollies unlocked, and clicked my one and only one. then the page said I already looked at four of them. It just registered late.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

Played around with it a little and unlocked Whites and Nebula completely and working my way through Golds/NDs. With the whites it was no problem and all I needed to observe was:

50 hatchlings/110 Adults.

For Nebulas:

65 hatchlings/100-120 adults. The reason I'm not too sure on the total number on nebula adults is because to unlock the alt adults' pictures you need to look at either the green/red nebula. I was trying one at a time and it unlocked the red while I was viewing the green nebulas. I think that's what happened with the originals (purple/blue) because I only viewed the purple first and it unlocked both. Not too sure on hatchies because I was just keeping record for the requirements to move onto the next. When I viewed hatchies I just viewed whatever so it wasn't just purple nebulas.

Not too far on Golds, but for NDs, I'm at the point that you need 200 hatchling observations. o_o The two I completed needed 1/4th of what I need to view ND hatchlings so they are all different. Or at least in my observation for my own encyclopedia.

EDIT: Just tried Arsanis, no notes there for them at all, but it sates: "There are no notes available for this breed. Check back later; new information will be added periodically." Going to try Black Marrows to see if they say same thing.

EDIT2: Yep, says the same.

Edit3: Tried to start unlocking images, Albinos said same thing, but after unlocking Balloons they revealed info too. So perhaps Neutral and Holidays give that message?

Edited by Saynna

Unfortunately it isn't just a few "extra clicks." I had some free time today and went and clicked over 85 Black Dragons. I still don't have all their info. Or even their hatchling pictures. You multiply that by how many breeds there are, and it becomes a staggering amount of clicks (not to mention all the extra time spent actually finding ones to click in the first place).

Personally I wouldn't have minded at all if it was already filled in; it would have made for some good reading. That being said, I do enjoy the discovery part of DC. But I've already done that! I've collected at least two CB pairs of every breed you truly can collect, and many hundreds more beside that. And now I'm being told that I have to go and do that all over again, or waste hours clicking on things I already own / have seen countless times. I'm not kidding when I say hours, either. I had a free hour at work today when no students came in and did nothing but click and I still only have a super tiny amount of data in the encyclopedia unlocked.

So right now, unfortunately, it does feel like using it is going to be more tedious than thrilling. Collecting everything once was fun; being told to start from scratch (or spam click) is not fun. :c

---

On another note, I wonder (hope!) that Frills and Old Pinks might be brought back. With over 100 beta testers, surely the unavailability of them would've been pointed out by now, and some other way to get them put in then "see an egg" if there were no eggs...?

Also kinda bummed about how many breeds don't have info. I knew it was going to happen for some breeds, but there are plenty on there who still have their owners around that are lacking in info. Some (like the Radiant Angels) even had their creators give extra info at the time of release, but their entries say no data... e___e

And on a COMPLETELY unrelated note, hope TJ announces Halloween plans soon; we're getting low on time! xd.png;;

I agree completely & been wondering when/if we were getting a Halloween trick or treat.

Those of you having problems unlocking things: make sure you look to see what its telling you that you need to click. If your own dragons arent doing it, find the breed you need on someone elses scroll. Mine is unlocked for that purpose.

Thuban I love you so much. <3

Thank you to everyone who helped get this released -- TJ, beta-ers, everyone! smile.gif

Does anyone know when TJ09 is going to announce the Halloween event? I don't want to miss my chance to get my first Holiday Dragons.

TJ.. thank you for trying, but I find this feature totally worthless. Is definitely NOT what I would call an encyclopedia.. more along the lines of a in game scavenger hunt.

I'll stick with the Wiki, at least it is as complete as possible without needing to jump thru hoops and/or repeat the last six years I've been playing already.

Uh. Chickens are demanding I raise 80 or view 400.

:/

I really hope some of these numbers are dropped--that's insane.

right?! I thought that was just totally insane xd.png I went to the book of dc records though and found someone with 509 chickens so I'll probably be spending time on their scroll hopefully they won't mind ;P

Does anyone know when TJ09 is going to announce the Halloween event? I don't want to miss my chance to get my first Holiday Dragons.

Halloween is a week before the 31st. meaning the 25. TJ will announce it when it starts.

Here's a good way to fill your Encyclopedia:

* Find scrolls with thousands of dragons. Mods tend to have just enough for this.

* UNLOCK IMAGES: click 15 adults and 10 hatchies, and eggs if you find any.

* FILL BREED DATA: CTRL+F for "hatchling" (this will speed up your browsing) and click the frozen hatchies. Switch clicking between hatchies and adults until breed data is filled.

...I actually did this and I got practically everything unlocked (and a lot of breed data) in just five hours. Note, this only really works for people with good Internet. Though I'm hoping the little CTRL+F trick will help people who have limited time to play on DC.

Edited by Beldarius

Thank you but not interested I will just collect and freeze my own and all myself I see no point in wasting my time on this seems just pointless to me.

Uh. Chickens are demanding I raise 80 or view 400.

:/

I really hope some of these numbers are dropped--that's insane.

What's the name of our favorite Chickens from Space collector? He posted earlier in this thread. laugh.gif I'm going to go click on THAT person's scroll to unlock the chickies.

What's the name of our favorite Chickens from Space collector? He posted earlier in this thread. laugh.gif I'm going to go click on THAT person's scroll to unlock the chickies.

Littleblackdog. Still, 400 is insane--especially when it looks like the entry isn't CLOSE to being done yet. Clicking that many things would take the better part of an hour, and then what, a thousand next? e___e I hope this was an oversight that'll be corrected. Maybe a leftover from that mock up we got when the feature was first announced? From what I've seen most dragon breeds are yielding full information at around 120-ish viewed.

On another note, I clicked a dragon of every breed, and here's a list of what dragons have extra info (it's in white text, so highlight it to read):

Balloon

Black

Blacktip

Blue-Banded

Canopy

Carmine

Copper

Daydream

Deep Sea

Dorsal

Ember

Gold

Harvest

Hellfire

Horse

Imperial Fleshcrowne

Magi

Nebula

Neglected

Pillow

Pink

Purple

Pygmy

Red

Royal Blue

Silver

Skywing

Speckle-Throated

Spitfire

Spotted Greenwing

Striped

Sunrise

Sunset

Two Headed (Split)

Water

Waterhorse

White

Chicken

Only 37 of 145 sad.gif

I wasn't able to check Zombies yet, though--checking my Zombies didn't fill it, so gotta wait for night.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Here's a good way to fill your Encyclopedia:

* Find scrolls with thousands of dragons. Mods tend to have just enough for this.

* UNLOCK IMAGES: click 15 adults and 10 hatchies, and eggs if you find any.

* FILL BREED DATA: CTRL+F for "hatchling" (this will speed up your browsing) and click the frozen hatchies. Switch clicking between hatchies and adults until breed data is filled.

...I actually did this and I got practically everything unlocked (and a lot of breed data) in just five hours. Note, this only really works for people with good Internet. Though I'm hoping the little CTRL+F trick will help people who have limited time to play on DC.

I agree with that.

And if you find a dragon with many children,click them all to unlock images.

I agree with that.

And if you find a dragon with many children,click them all to unlock images.

Good suggestion, thanks!

Eggs also unlock after you breed one, even if it auto abandons. After all the Halloween stuff is over I'll go breed a bunch of pretties to the AP to get the egg images--and then I'll check in on 'em later for more hatchlings. ^^

I like this feature, still I would of liked the encyclopaedia to list the number of dragons on the scroll. I have been filling this out all day.

...despite a ton of complaints about how difficult this is

I have almost a complete index now.

I am excited, although honestly, I don't want to raise any more dragons. I suppose I need more details about viewing other people's dragons.

I've got the images of every dragon in the index except for the Undead...

Need to observe 4 or raise 1...

Hmm...

*plots a Halloween Scheme* I mean, nothing! blink.gif

xd.png