TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

Its not a race. Stressing over it kills the fun of actually learning more about the dragons you already have smile.gif

This is an opinion however. I am eager and impatient. I have almost all dragons already, so I'd have liked to get it done as quickly as possible. To me, waiting too long makes it lose that exciting sting of something new.

Ah, well. sleep.gif

But thank you for a polite and patient answer.

I clicked 4 albino dragons, but stats shows me that I have clicked 5. Then I re-clicked the 4 dragons again, and it told me it's 6.

(Pretty sure I clicked 4 dragons - the first 4 albinos in my scroll.)

Is that a bug O.O

I am fine with this as it is so far. then again, I was expectlng an encyclopedia of dragon info, not a personal scroll log. If it did have how many of everything I have so be it, but I don't see that as its purpose. So, thanks for getting this out, and in time, i will have them all done.

Also, for anyone who needs to see/click them, I have everything in roughly alphabetical order. Therefore, NDs are between nebulae and neotropicals etc. There are enough adults to open that for you. I also have frills and three old pink adults, one frozen hatchie. view to your heart's content.

http://dragcave.net/user/ainisarie

Edited by ainisarie

Thanks a lot for this new feature!

It looks as though this has been soo much work....thanks again. I just love to read all those specific breed descriptions.

It will be a challenge to get all the information on all dragon breeds unlocked....But i already managed to get me the "You’ve unlocked all of the observations for this breed." message for the Red dragons! Yeah! xd.png

I noticed something weird. On the page for black dragons, after you've unlocked some of their info, there's an image of a hatchling that I've never seen before. It looks to be a combo of the seated alt hatchie and the regular black hatchie, but as far as I know, no such hatchling exists. Is this a mistake? (If you want to unlock the images and see it for yourself, I have a mini-hoard of frozen black hatchies for observing--they're near the end of my scroll.)

I noticed something weird. On the page for black dragons, after you've unlocked some of their info, there's an image of a hatchling that I've never seen before. It looks to be a combo of the seated alt hatchie and the regular black hatchie, but as far as I know, no such hatchling exists. Is this a mistake? (If you want to unlock the images and see it for yourself, I have a mini-hoard of frozen black hatchies for observing--they're near the end of my scroll.)

That's the "old" black sprite before it was updated and made dimorphic.

I like the "old" one better then the "new" it looks sooo cool xd.png

Oh, I guess that explains it. I didn't know the encyclopedia included sprites that had been replaced. Is that sprite still around at all?

...OK. I've just filled practically ALL of the encyclopedia already. I'm only missing hatchies and a few adults.

It didn't take me more than five hours to pull that off! xd.png

Edited by Beldarius

Sigh, I wish observing adults and hatchies would actually work. It only works the first time. sad.gif

Everyone is welcome to come click on my scroll. I have all dragons in the game, including discontinued ones.

I was wondering if we are able to unlock the egg sprite by observing hatchies and adults, or has it just been made impossible?

Oh, I guess that explains it. I didn't know the encyclopedia included sprites that had been replaced. Is that sprite still around at all?

Only as history - it might be on the wiki as an old sprite no longer in use

Only as history - it might be on the wiki as an old sprite no longer in use

I know it's no longer in use for new dragons--I collect black hatchies =) I just wondered if it might be hanging around on scrolls, like a few other discontinued breeds (old pinks come to mind). Thanks for the answers!

I know it's no longer in use for new dragons--I collect black hatchies =) I just wondered if it might be hanging around on scrolls, like a few other discontinued breeds (old pinks come to mind). Thanks for the answers!

I see smile.gif No, it is not around on scrolls (unfortunately, I rather liked it).

Edited by rubyshoes

For those with a problem observing hatchies or adults, try switching browsers. I was using Chrome, and then I switched to Firefox and can now observe multiple without a problem.

I was wondering if we are able to unlock the egg sprite by observing hatchies and adults, or has it just been made impossible?

No. You have to observe or own eggs to unlock the egg image

No. You have to observe or own eggs to unlock the egg image

Where can I find a Bright Pink egg? (I'm fairly sure the person you quoted was asking about discontinued breeds.... Hence it being impossible to get the eggs, yes?)

Edited by lindsy95

Where can I find a Bright Pink egg? (I'm fairly sure the person you quoted was asking about discontinued breeds.... Hence it being impossible to get the eggs, yes?)

Yeah, that's what I was wondering... Is it then possible to complete Bright Pinks and Frills some other way?

Yeah, that's what I was wondering... Is it then possible to complete Bright Pinks and Frills some other way?

Not as far as I know (which is a shame - I rather liked the frill egg)

It's pretty laggy, although that may be due to the spazzy internet today...

I like it, but it's going to take a while to raise all those dragons so I can complete it. I wish it would have come completed with the dragons YOU have.

It's pretty laggy, although that may be due to the spazzy internet today...

I like it, but it's going to take a while to raise all those dragons so I can complete it. I wish it would have come completed with the dragons YOU have.

My internet is fine and the site has been laggy for me as well--probably everyone trying to view dragons to get the info.

Just unlocked bullet four of info on baby white dragons and they are TOO CUTE lkdjfdlfj <3

wait.

so literally my give or take 4 years here has been completely disregarded, as has my roughly 1000 dragons? they count for literally nothing?? on the 'basis' of 'fairness'??

mad.gif

I was extremely pumped about this. But now? Now I'm just user posted image.

All the work I've put into my scroll, and others have too, is completely being ignored.

It took me 3 years to reach gold trophy. Not because I don't hoard every dragon I see, but because I have extremely slow internet at home that doesn't allow me to play most nights.

It's taken me ~4 years to reach nearly 1000 dragons. Yes, a pathetic amount compared to others, but for someone who basically has dial up? A flippin' miracle.

If it's a thing with coding being unable to record, fine, I get that. But if that's the case, SAY SO. please.

If that isn't. Just.

Mixed feelings about this now. I'm irked my ~100 hellfires account to ZERO somehow. and if youre going to say just go click them all, when I've barely been able to get 4 hours of sleep a night this semester, yeah, no. I dont have time for that.

I'm happy it was implimented. Yes. But I'm ticked about how our scrolls mean nothing.

Equal playing field? Bull. Those with good internet and time are going to SOAR above others who have dial up and no time when it comes to this encyclopedia.

.... whatever. im probably going to ignore this until either my dragons count for something, or i get over the stab-in-the-back that is my loyalness to this game = nada.