TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

Yes. If there are variants, you need to observe them too to unlock them.

I think I'm figuring that out. My Snow Angels show up as the ones with white and gold wings since I just clicked a bunch.

I suggest going to the DC records thread and finding others that have lots of those rares and visiting their scrolls. There is a hoarder out there for ever rare. smile.gif

Oh yeah I forgot about those. :/

Has anyone asked that how did you come up with the places' name (e.g. Val-kə-MAR-ay)? If not, then how?

sweet, another time waster where I can waste time biggrin.gif Thanks a lot, looking forward to playing around with it.

This is awesome ~ Thank you!

I've just clicked each dragon I own and now I've got a lot of the coloured pictures.^^

I wondered why some of the clicked dragons are not counted; guess it's a bit lagging. rolleyes.gif

It's great fun and would be nice if the yet owned dragons would be listed.

This is neat and all, but I wish there was an option for older players to populate it with the dragons we already have. it's basically useless for me for there to be a count of dragons raised that starts today. I already have almost 4500 dragons. It's just plain silly for it to claim I have none.

There are different stages of 'unlocking'

The site tells you what to do next:

Raise 6 more hatchlings, or observe 30 more hatchlings.

or

Raise 1 more adult, or observe 1 more adult.

I've completely unlocked Reds and it tells me:

You’ve unlocked all of the observations for this breed.

There's a lot of additional info for the breeds which is fun to read. I love this one:

•They do not breathe fire. However, they do have some form of storing water, which they can exhale in the form of very hot steam. (not telling the breed laugh.gif )

World lore, thank god! I'm glad to see this out; will explore it when I actually have time. x3

I was wondering how we're going to work on retired breeds. I'm using the wilderness to unlock frilled and bright pinks but there is no possibility to look at eggs, so...

Hah, fabulous! I've been looking forward to this ever since it was announced. cool.gif

Actually, I'm kind of glad that we're all starting at 0. I have over 2000 dragons, but this way I'll have something to do for a while - I haven't been doing a lot with my scroll lately because 1. little time to catch and 2. depressingly uncooperative breeders.

Has anyone assembled a list of all the dragons that are currently available to unlock? I don't feel like going on a clicking crusade only to find out that the dragon isn't actually there, and I'm not always the best at identifying silhouettes.

I COULD go through and click every single dragon I own since then I could at least hover over the shadows to see what they are, but, you know...

ETA: I just realized that there was a stats counter. Now THAT I wish showed the number of dragons I actually own ALREADY, because it would be useful for things outside the Encyclopedia. Starting from square one with clicks and observations is one thing. Inaccurate stats is something else entirely.

Edited by LibbyLishly

*hint* Feel free to view-spam my scroll if you want to complete Bleeding Moon page faster. *hint*

Great job, boss! It lags like a slug but it's still a nice, huge addition making the game more interesting<3

Bah, trying to click on them, but the site is lagging so badly...

I was wondering how we're going to work on retired breeds. I'm using the wilderness to unlock frilled and bright pinks but there is no possibility to look at eggs, so...

That's a good point...

*is still hoping Frills will return* D:

I do not like that my already raised dragons do not count. If the numbers will only affect dragons raised from this point on, then I'm not even going to worry about this thing. It's a waste of my time and I think it's insulting to ignore all my previous work in raising dragons.

I agree with Cinnamin Draconna...not only that but after clicking every single version of the 500+ dragons & hatchlings I have 0 have actually appeared colored! So IMO it's useless. mad.gif

This looks veddy cool, but I'm not happy you've chosen to essentially penalize the loyal collectors who have been here from the beginning. As others have suggested, it would be nice if you could eventually acknowledge the dragons we have already collected. I'm not going to start over from scratch just to unlock the encyclopedia. Some of us have lives, you know. *sigh*

This looks veddy cool, but I'm not happy you've chosen to essentially penalize the loyal collectors who have been here from the beginning. As others have suggested, it would be nice if you could eventually acknowledge the dragons we have already collected. I'm not going to start over from scratch just to unlock the encyclopedia. Some of us have lives, you know. *sigh*

Then just click the breeds you're not REQUIRED to re collect clicking 15 adult dragons will unlock information about the breed and if you can't click 15 dragons then you're just plan lazy that's my opinion and you guys need to read the OP better....

Anyways I unlocked vampires, falconiforms and tinsels but then I got tired and went to sleep lmao loving it so far considering how EASY it is to get the information about the breed since you're not REQUIRED to re-collect them....laugh.gif

I'm not going to start over from scratch just to unlock the encyclopedia. Some of us have lives, you know. *sigh*

Not like you're obliged to use the feature at all. *shrugs* It doesn't influence on your play style so why to even worry.

It's not the clicking that I have a problem with. It's the fact that my several thousand dragons are NOT counted. All the numbers register 0 and THAT is what is insulting, because it totally IGNORES everything I've done in the six years that I've been a member here.

I really do not see the appeal of having to click click click on things that you already have just to get the chance to click and click some more. Encyclopedia is the perfect name for this all right--it reminds me of those scam subscriptions to buy a set of books but after you signed up, the list never ends and you keep getting a new title each month.

I don't consider having a cache of info about the dragons to be a game, if that is what this is supposed to be. It is a very obvious ploy to increase clicking, which is slowing down the site considerably.

This is a feature I will be using even less than "earthquake" (which I never use).

Then just click the breeds you're not REQUIRED to re collect clicking 15 adult dragons will unlock information about the breed and if you can't click 15 dragons then you're just plan lazy that's my opinion and you guys need to read the OP better....

As I said, I have a life and I don't have time to sit around clicking each breed 15 times. The count will still be wrong in any event. The situation penalizes the most loyal dragon cavers, and there is no getting around that reality unless changes are made.