TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

It's here! Loved seeing an autumn egg with the 'breed: seasonal dragon' label :'D

Thank you to all who collaborated for this to be possible ^^

Oh yay! Now I can spend even more time on DC. laugh.gif

Thank you TJ and everyone who beta'd it! Now off to do a little exploring.

I like the encyclopedia.

I have one small question though: Would it be possible in say 5 or 6 month to have the option to "register" the dragons you have already raised into the encyclopedia? On a voluntary basis?

This would give everyone enough time to explore (those that have this amount of time) and those with not so much time could still get tidbits for dragons they have already raised.

I would really like the number in the encyclopedia to correspond with the dragons on my scroll, as in how many adults and hatchies of each kind I own. It is easier than counting.

Edit: Ah I have another question: Is there a specific reason it is always the male variant in the encyclopedia and not the female?

Edited by urusta

Well this is certainly new...

At least it gives me more reasons to collect dragons. Which is always a good thing.

Random thought - Shouldn't the breed info pages also have the spriter credits at the bottom?

Also, I've partially unlocked Snowangels, but no sprites or silhouettes are showing on their page. Anyone else have that?

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Hm, interesting, although I think this will be more fun for new members who don't already have the knowledge of every species memorized already. tongue.gif

But "Valkemare"? How was that decided? It doesn't really seem to fit to me. It kind of reminds me of "Valenth", RIP. I love DC better, but I still miss that site now and then.

..................I have one small question though: Would it be possible in say 5 or 6 month to have the option to "register" the dragons you have already raised into the encyclopedia? On a voluntary basis?

This would give everyone enough time to explore (those that have this amount of time) and those with not so much time could still get tidbits for dragons they have already raised...........

I like this idea as I don't wish to start all over just to have them show up on this encyclopedia. It's a nice piece of work & lots of effort went into it I'm sure but I don't have that much "free" time online.

Adults Observed: 500

You’ve unlocked all of the observations for this breed.

Yay! *goes to ice wrist*

Edited by littleblackdog

I like the encyclopedia.

I have one small question though: Would it be possible in say 5 or 6 month to have the option to "register" the dragons you have already raised into the encyclopedia? On a voluntary basis?

This would give everyone enough time to explore (those that have this amount of time) and those with not so much time could still get tidbits for dragons they have already raised.

I would really like the number in the encyclopedia to correspond with the dragons on my scroll, as in how many adults and hatchies of each kind I own. It is easier than counting.

Edit: Ah I have another question: Is there a specific reason it is always the male variant in the encyclopedia and not the female?

I like that idea. I'd be happy by simply exporting the numbers of my dragons to the dragons owned stat. I have well over 1000 terraes and I'd love if they would register. Don't mind if it can be done in the future, but it'd be nice to be able to sometime.

You’ve unlocked all of the observations for this breed.

Yay! *goes to ice wrist*

Haha, that's how I feel when I've been on the AP for a few hours. ^^;

I'm still not getting the "observing" thing. I've clicked on a few eggs and hatchies, but their encyclopedia entries don't show up. Someone explain this to me better.

If this doesn't show the correct number of dragons owned maybe it would be better to change it to : Dragon Eggs raised after [insert the date]

That would avoid a lot of confusion, personally I think what good is it if the data is confusing or inaccurate and I need to count the dragons by hand? If want to see what the breeds look the wiki is a much better place.

Then again I wasn't sure what to expect from this new feature, so I can't say I am disappointed that it is basically useless.

I'm still not getting the "observing" thing. I've clicked on a few eggs and hatchies, but their encyclopedia entries don't show up. Someone explain this to me better.

You need to click on several of one dragon for their shadow to get colored in. Once you can click on it, it will show you how many more of each stage you need to raise or observe to unlock info or images.

Not sure if you need to click on adults or eggs/hatchlings to get the shadow colored. Experimenting now, I will report back. xd.png

You need to click on several of one dragon for their shadow to get colored in. Once you can click on it, it will show you how many more of each stage you need to raise or observe to unlock info or images.

Not sure if you need to click on adults or eggs/hatchlings to get the shadow colored. Experimenting now, I will report back. xd.png

Thanks, I guess this will be a learning experience for all of us.

From my clicking efforts, it looks like you need to click on a few adults to start unlocking the breed, but if you've also clicked on eggs and hatchies before that, then you find you've unlocked more info/sprites on the info page.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Clicked a slew of hatchlings at Daily Dragon Fix and nothing; clicked two adults to report they were grown and dark shadows.

Tried it with dragons on my scroll - my hatchling hordes didn't make a dent, but click a few adults and lo, pictures.

I'll add that raising dragons seems to work faster, too, as a couple of hatchlings I had growing up sent their breeds right to dark shadows.

Clicked a slew of hatchlings at Daily Dragon Fix and nothing; clicked two adults to report they were grown and dark shadows.

Tried it with dragons on my scroll - my hatchling hordes didn't make a dent, but click a few adults and lo, pictures.

I'll add that raising dragons seems to work faster, too, as a couple of hatchlings I had growing up sent their breeds right to dark shadows.

That. And once you have unlocked a breed you need to view eggs and hatchlings (both stages) for those images to show up.

So the first one I have unlocked is a Winter Seasonal, but clicking on it shows all the other pictures grayed out. Maybe because I need to observe Autumns?

So the rares are included too like the Christmas and Neglected? So we pretty much have to hope to see it in the hatcheries and click them to get it? Just trying to figure out how the rares will work since they are hard to come by.

So the rares are included too like the Christmas and Neglected? So we pretty much have to hope to see it in the hatcheries and click them to get it? Just trying to figure out how the rares will work since they are hard to come by.

I suggest going to the DC records thread and finding others that have lots of those rares and visiting their scrolls. There is a hoarder out there for ever rare. smile.gif

So the first one I have unlocked is a Winter Seasonal, but clicking on it shows all the other pictures grayed out. Maybe because I need to observe Autumns?

Yes. If there are variants, you need to observe them too to unlock them.

Well, I've come quite far with my beloved Royal Blues. (And even learned a few new random facts about them. Yay !) But now that I would need to observe 47 more hatchlings for the next "revelation", I think I'll take a break. ;-) (I have more than enough adults, but for the little ones I have to comb through the hatcheries each time.)

The next two breeds I tried were my other favourites, the Heartseekers and the Shadow Walkers, but alas, no information in the encyclopedia for them, yet. sad.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus