greenglassesgal

Are You INSANE? (Reboot)

((Yup! I'm here. Thought that people gave up on this already ^__^; Anyways, go for it. I'm alright with unrealistic names. Mage, you can go ahead and start if you want. I made my first post a while back.))

Edited by greenglassesgal

Username: Zeditha

Character Name: Zeditha Shepherd

Talent: Brainwashing/weak telepathy(mind reading).

She can extend her mind into that of someone else and see what they are thinking, and rummage through memories if she focuses. She can also think things 'loudly', and whomever she is contacting can hear it. To brainwash, she focuses her power on fear and hatred and creates a mental link between that and whatever she wants her victim not to do, and finds joy and other good emotions and connects those with whatever she does want someone to do. In this case, she connects joy with working at INSANE and using the powers to do whatever job is required, and fear and anger with leaving the facility or betraying them.

It is technically possible to override, but it would take an immense amount of courage. Imagine if she wanted you to be scared of spiders. You could still keep spiders as pets, but you'd be terrified of them nonetheless. Just the idea of a spider would make you want to curl up and cry under the bedcovers. So... It's hard to override. Plus, she makes her victims genuinely enjoy working at INSANE. It's their new all-time favourite thing! biggrin.gif

Appearance: Zeditha is a tall, imposing figure with a pale face, completely clear of any blemishes. Nobody ever sees anything else of her, because she always covers her eyes with black, reflective glasses and the rest of her with a black top, leggings, trainers and dyed black hair. However, she occasionally takes these off in private, and her eyes are green. She also wears a thin layer of makeup, to make her pale face whiter and to hide the faint freckles that dot around her nose.

Personality: She's rather a nasty character. Zeditha doesn't just work for INSANE out of necessity, she enjoys brainwashing the newly-Talented, and often toys with them too, using her weak telepathy to root out their worst fears and her INSANE power to bring these things in front of the victim. She gains so much hilarity from doing this... She's insane. Probably. Or just twisted.

History: Her sister was Talentless, and was killed by a Talented by accident. She began believing that Talentless were weak, and didn't deserve to survive, and slowly became more and more twisted before ending up working at INSANE not long after it became known.

Other: One of the high-up INSANE operatives, she has quite a bit of power in the organisation.

Character Name: Salema Talentless (Her family renounced her, and she no longer bears their surname.)

Talent: She believes herself Talentless, and everyone she meets thinks so too, but she actually just has an incredibly niche Talent. (I'll find something. Original idea was making eggs hatch faster, but I figured it might not be niche enough. xd.png)

Appearance: She's rather scrawny, and whatever colour her hair used to be, it's now a dirty greyish-brown. Her eyes still shine blue, despite the dirt covering the rest of her.

Personality: She's a bit timid, mainly due to being 'Talentless'.

History: She was shunned, and her parents rejected her, abandoning her to live on the street. She has barely survived in the three years since her abandonment, and lives in constant fear of discovery. I plan for her to eventually come into contact with an INSANE worker who tries to capture her, and as she flees, she discovers her Talent. From that point, she'll probably end up as an NPC.

Other: 'Talentless' who will have a capture-attempt executed on her and then find her Talent.

Character Name: Dianora Kinson

Talent: She can bring items into existnce.

The larger the item, the more energy it takes from her. If she created a cake, for example, it would give her exactly as much energy as it took to create, assuming she ate it all, had no paper/etc on it and digested it perfectly. A small cake would take less energy than a large cake. Living creatures are simply impossible, although things like milk and eggs are fairly easy as they aren't actually alive. Similarly, she can create meat or even an entire roast chicken if she wanted to, as long as it isn't alive.

Once an item exists, it is an ordinary object and has no special powers in it, and Dianora cannot destroy an item by 'reversing her power' any more than she can destroy a normal item. In other words, once an item is there, it's there. She can team up with a powerful telepath to create an object that someone else imagines, but it still drains her own energy.

Appearance: Dianora has platinum-blonde (dyed) hair, mud-brown eyes (sometimes she wears sky-blue contacts, purely for looks) and is fairly average height. Her skin is a fairly normal shade of pink.

Personality: Dianora is very forgiving, and wants everyone to get along, including Talentless. She thinks that the Talentless are just as deserving of sympathy as those with weak powers, leading her to help Talentless whenever she can. She enjoys dressing up in designer clothes, the best she can lay her hands on.

History: Random bystander, occasionally tries to help Talentless.

Other: Twin sister to Yawela.

Character Name: Yawela Kinson

Talent: Strong telepathy

Appearance: Fairly average height, Yawela is unremarkable. Her eyes are brown, like Dianora's, and her hair is a light brown-blonde. Her skin is the same unremarkable shade of pink as her twin's.

Personality: Yawela tends to be sensible and reserved, even cold-hearted at times, contrasting her sister's open and fun-loving nature. She hates Talentless, considering them scum who deserve to be kicked to the side of the road, or even as a disease that she might catch. She avoids them, but when she has to speak to one it is always with the utmost contempt and uses the worst words she can think of. She thinks her sister is silly for helping them.

History: Random bystander. Bleh.

Other: May join INSANE in the future, will also probably drag Dianora with her. Twin sister to Dianora.

Character Name: Baltia (Street urchin - doesn't remember her surname and doesn't care or need it.)

Age: 12, nearly 13 (I'll play her birthday at some point, she remembers that)

Talent: Shapeshifting - human, peregrine falcon, fox and otter. (I limited it to these to keep her power reasonable. If more are allowed, I'll give her a couple more animal forms.)

Appearance: Baltia is fairly small, even for her age, and has strange yellow eyes - a side effect of her peregrine falcon form, which she spends more time in than her human form. Similarly, her hair is a greyish kind of honey-blonde, and her skin is darkish. Her animal forms are typical for the animals.

Personality: Baltia is incredibly mischievous, and feels above society. She is a thief, and likes to steal money and small items from shops or pockets. When stealing is impossible for any reason, she simply hunts the numerous pigeons that roam the towns and cities, or a bunny if she's near some woodland. On occasion, she dives into a lake for a fish supper as an otter, just for a change in diet. She dislikes any attempt at being held down or restrained, and has little to no concept of justice or law. She is scared of pineapples, because they are nasty and sour. Similarly, lemons and limes are held in her distaste, pineapples are just spiky as well.

History: Her mother died when she was five, and she never knew her father. She's been living on the street for most of her life, making easy pickings out of the pigeons, and a good living from random passerby.

Other: None! She might pick an INSANE pocket at some point.

Yay, some characters. smile.gif

Edit - replaced Dianora's power, added surnames, described Zeditha's power.

Edit again - formatting and typos.

Edited by Zeditha

I'm still interested but at the moment too busy to write up a character. (I kind of have an idea for one character already. Might try to make a second one though.)

((@MessengerDragon: That's okay, take your time. I'm pretty chill.

@Zeditha: Other than Dianora, your characters are fine (though why those specific animals for Baltia?). Dianora's power just seems too much. You'd have to deal with the subject of alternate dimensions and that just brings a whole new layer of complications. If anything, let her have the power to access an alternate plane of sorts, where she can move around/store things without actually interacting with the real world. Whatever the case, it definitely needs toning down. I'll put up the other forms when I get on a computer.

EDIT: Oh right! Zeditha, your characters need last names (save for maybe Baltia as she is a street urchin). Also, could you elaborate on Zeditha's brainwashing and mind reading? How does it work? Can her subjects break free? What are her limits? Just a few questions to answer. I'm also a biiiit iffy about the whole "founder" of INSANE thing. INSANE's been around for quite a while. Either make her a bit older or make it so that she's more like a prominent member instead.))

I meant her as a prominent member rather than a founder. If I said she's a founder - oops, I did say that. I'll remove it. xd.png

Yeah... I figured that Dianora's ability might be too much. I think the easiest thing to do would be remove it completely and replace it with a different power.

~ Edited the post now. I added an over-detailed explination of Zeditha's power, along with some examples, and did something similar for Dianora's new power. I can make the latter more detailed if you want.

[Oooo I can see some fun times ahead between Stephen and Zeditha if they ever met lol, and here goes on my first RP post. PM me for why I think that - if you want...]

Stephen stretched his muscles out - as he had done every day since he had left home. He never knew when he would need to run, and getting a cramp from unpreparedness wasn't in the plan.

He took a quick glance around his current place of residence, it wasn't much to look at, but it was dry and safe - at least for now.

In fact, it was pretty much a dump. An abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of town. A left-over remnant of a more Industrial age, rusting out-dated machinery blocked most of the view from the main door, and the windows had long since been boarded up - though the wood was rotting away. It hadn't taken a lot of effort to get in, and it was unlikely that anyone would think to look inside for him.

Looking over at the few things he had with him - his clothes were getting a little dirty and he was running out of spares, Stephen decided to take a risk and go to the nearest water source to at least attempt to get his outfits somewhat respectable before going into public.

He left what he could, packing a small backpack with what he was going to clean. No-one would look twice at a teenager with a backpack. They'd probably assume he was playing truant if they did see him at all...

((@Zeditha: All characters save for Dianora Salema, Yawela, and Baltia are Accepted! I'm still not comfortable with Dianora's power. It still feels kind of broad. It'd probably be better if you take out the food, make it so that she can only make food, or make it all illusion rather than actual objects. One limitation she might have is that she'd have to visualize and understand how every aspect of the item works and what it's made of in order to create a working/stable version of it. Maybe she needs some form of matter so that she can convert it into other stuff? ))

As Catherine turned the corner, she dug around her pockets, expecting to find some change. Her eyes widened in shock as she realized that there was nothing to be found. That man... crap! The cards! Completely abandoning her original intention of heading to the bus stop, she turned and dashed back to where she had last seen the hobo, muttering the occasional apology to the pedestrians she shoved aside in her rush. Unfortunately for her, the man was nowhere to be seen. Panting, she leaned against a wall. It was too late for her to give chase now.

A sudden fluttering of wings caught her attention. A small flock of pigeons had flown out from a dark alleyway and on to the roof. Maybe there is still a way... She tiptoed into the alley, so not to disturb any remaining pigeons. To her relief, a couple were still there, sipping water from a leaky spigot sticking out of the wall. Crouching down to their level, she looked them in the eye.

"Hey little birdies. Do me a favor will you?" she asked, keeping her voice at a low. The pigeons froze for a moment, then cooed in response. She nodded. "Alright, little birdies, I want you to help me find something." She yanked off her left shoe and pulled out a slightly flattened card. "You see this? A man just took a whole bunch of these from me. These are very dangerous and I need them back so that I can get rid of them properly." She slid the card back in and put her shoe back on. "Please little birdies? This means a lot to me. I'm sorry that I don't have any birdseed on me now- the man took it from me, too." The birds bobbed their heads at this, then took off. Catherine smiled. Her paranoia paid off well.

... but not well enough. The sound of running feet approached her. Shoot! Did someone see me? She pressed her back against the wall, hoping to conceal herself from the mystery person.

Oh boy, oh boy!

Username: zamboza

Character Name: Cailean (KA-len) Estt

Talent: Fast learning - he can extremely fast. Nuff said.

Appearance: Boop

Personality: An introvert with great mind and great wits. Not that sociable, he prefers to act alone. A computer nerd and great mathematician. Rest to be RP'd.

History: Cailean was bullied since the beginning of his education - he was the only one in the school to have no talent by the age of 12. After one day of heavy bullying, he decided to do something about it - he sat all spring break over the books and discovered an odd ability - he remembered everything he had read with no need to repeat it later! Was it really his talent?

The first day after the break was he lucky day - everyone recognized his talent in him and the bullying has ended. He graduated 2 years early, as the teachers couldn't let him waste in the school. Because of his vast mathematical knowledge he quickly found a job. Now he is working as a freelance programmer, who makes apps for big companies.

After he heard about INSANE, Cailean started his own research about them. Thanks to the power of the internet and some shady connections he had earned through sitting on various chats and forums, it didn't take him long to realize about the true intentions of the organisation. He despised such a behavior - he established a kind of connection with secret organization of people who want to help the ones that are taken to INSANE facilities and now he does everything he can to be some use for them.

Other: Will work against INSANE with others if needed. He hates them.

((zamboza, Cailean is Accepted! Start when you want.

EDIT: Zeditha, I looked over your characters again. Zeditha's (the character) brainwashing powers seem a bit too strong. Make it so that it is based on either fear or joy- not both. Fear seems to be better, considering her penchant for insanity. I'll take her down for now.))

"Got it. I'll contact you later." Cailean hung up and sat in front of his computer. He just got a call from a fellow programmer to check the IMP - short for INSANE Monitoring Program. It was his invention that cost him a lot of nerves, money and even involved him in some shady deals, as materials and information he needed wasn't easy to get. IMP was programmed to be able to find INSANE personel and people involved anyhow with the organisation by items they were carrying with them - let it be recruitment cards, identificators or anything else. The only limit was the database, which recognised only few items as for then, and searching range, which wasn't big because of insufficient budget - only half a mile radius from Cailean's house.

But luck was with him today - it seemed that IMP had found a suspicious looking object - if the program was right, it was a pile of INSANE recruitment cards. It was normal to see someone carrying one or two cards, but a whole pile? It had to be someone from the facility - probably a recruiter who wanted to find some Talentless for their wretched "expetiments".

Cailean put on his brown coat, black shoes and a fedora, took tablet on which he had IMP Mob - a mobile version of IMP -, locked the door and went in the direction from where the signal was coming, which luckily was nearby his house.

((Gotta leave him open for interaction now, maybe I'll post more if no one wants to talk with Cailean))

Username: Flame249

Character Name: Asha Hue

Talent: Shadow Sneak talent, the ability to make a person relatively invisible in shadows as long as a person hasn't already seen them (so she can sneak around in a building with no one noticing her, but she can't just disappear into a shadow immediately after being caught unless the person loses sight of her)

Appearance: a scrawny frame she is often mistaken for a 13 year old which irritates her to no end, short and likes to wear her large black leather jacket and drab coloured jeans and shirt, her hair is dark brown, and she has bright green wild eyes like a hunted animal

Personality: snappy and agressive due to her streetlife, however she has a fierce loyalty to friends and a softer side if you know her

History: she was often ignored or not noticed by her family because of her talent, which was relatively weak at a young age and so she was considered talentless, by ten she was done by being ignored by her large and superstitious family so she leaped out the front door at night and left

Other: has seen INSANE agents but generally avoids contact with them

Edited by flame249

Asha walked around the house, it looked large, and peeking through a window proved that it was full of expensive looking furniture and monitors.

A smirk appeared on her face bingo

Turning around the corner she headed off to the back door, the man was out she knew and probably took his keys with him, but people tend to leave a back key somewhere "safe" or "hidden" and could be easily slipped from its place. This time it wasn't so easy, forgetting that the man seemed to be very sciencey she assume he HAD a key, instead Asha was greeted with a electronic password lock and despite all her experience with the "business" she couldn't magicakate the door open like she knew some Talented could. Frowning she began the more violent action in the business.

You know that window she had peeked through?

Yeah she jumped and smashed it open with a knife, then leaped through.

Sighing Asha checked her body for injuries then looked back at the wreckage, crude but effective, she was in.

(at this point anyone who would like to angrily interrupt Asha is free to do so if not then I'll continue)

Edited by flame249

((*pokes thread*

I'll make my intro post soon... probably... RL is catching up and RPs have fallen dramatically in priority.))

((*Realizes that he wanted to reply to this thread about a week ago*

censorkip.gif c:))

Before Cailean was able to reach the signal that IMP was showing, a warning appeared on his phone. It seemed like someone managed to break into his house, probably tempted by the outstanding look of it. It wasn't the first time something like that happened, so he had already secured his place tightly, both against preventing thefts and dealing with them. Therefore Cailean didn't have to do much - he opened a security app of his own work and selected an option called "security lockdown". With this done, all the windows and doors in his house got covered with heavy blinds made of advanced high strength steel, used for example in production of jet plane engines. Moreover, from now on he was able to look at what was happening in the house thanks to hidden cameras mounted in the least expected places. This way the potential thief had no chances of running away and Cailean was still able to know what is going on in there. He decided that the signal needs to wait, as his house meant more to him than catching a person from INSANE, so he turned back from where he came.

((Now... well... I hope it didn't die ;-wink.gif)

Hearing the windows and door slamming shut Asha froze. no no no no! leaping to the back nearing the window she smashed Asha felt the urge to face-palm censorkip.gif it, steal from a sciency house pay the price it didn't quite matter yet though, most likely there was a shadow in the house. She would just pop into a shadow for a couple of hours until the house lock down stopped.

(OMG, can I join?

Username: Raptor of Dragons

Character Name: Zoey Smith

Talent: She has the power to turn into meat eater dinosaurs. Her favorite is the velociraptor. She does have a hard time controlling some of her more bigger forms like the spinosaur as instincts take over.

Appearance: Zoey is short, standing about 5' even. She has short blonde hair that partially covers her mysterious green eyes. She wears a tan t-shirt that covers her pale skin, along with blue jeans and purple shoes.

Personality: Zoey is a daredevil, often getting in fights with other people with powers, most of the time, she ends up winning. She loves to run as a velociraptor often dreams of running a raptor pack, if she can find others like her that is.

History: Zoey was born as a single child. Her parents had completely different talents from her. Her mother can grow eyes on the back of her head and her father has hearing like a barn owl so they were hoping she would have a least semi-normal powers. To their great surprise, when Zoey was 4 years old, she woke up one day as a dimorphodon and scared her parents half to death. Throughout the years, Zoey learned which dinosaurs she can be and which dinosaurs she can't due to primal instinct.

Other: Zoey doesn't approve of what INSANE is doing. She thinks that talentless should be allowed to roam free and if she has to, she will fight INSANE to protect them. She's also hoping she can transform into a dragon one day.

I hope this is alright >.>)

Username: MEDUSA

Character Name: Caltresi "Couch" Curacas

Talent: Lying. [persuasion] Couch can say anything with absolute conviction and confidence. Helpful in her line of work, kidnapping Talentless children for INSANE by befriending and tricking them into running away.

Appearance: Chin length black curls that make her face look innocent and young, freckles that contrast with her olive skin, a toned yet petite physique, and an almost hypnotic smile. Couch stands at 4'11," a height that makes her easily mistakable for a high-school sophomore

Personality: A Pathological liar, Couch comes across as genuine and sincere, but if her ability to convince people were gone, she would appear calloused, cold, and insensitive.

History: The Curacas family has roots in some of the first proposed solutions to the growing number of talentless. Lawyers, doctors, and counselors of all types are in the Curacas family, their influence assisting to accumulate wealth and power. They believe that the bloodlines of talentless are tainted, and could potentially jeapordize the current way of life, and as such have been a driving force in many civil litigation claims, petitions, and social justice movements opposing the Talentless. Couch has risen through the ranks of INSANE in hopes of rising to power within her family structure, and plans to one day become head of household.

If approved, I'd post this

Couch watched her target with the curiosity of a child. The way he lived in squalor, scurrying about abandoned warehouses like some kind of animal instead of giving up and surrendering himself to a sterilized environment devoid of tetanus... the thought of it made her wonder if the talentless were also brainless. "Can't be helped," she thought."After all, He's just a kid."

The field operative pulled out her cell phone and snapped a quick photo of the boy she'd been following before walking into the roadway before him.

"Excuse me, do you know where Gasmer Street is?"

((Whoops, sorry Raptor! Didn't see yours there. You're accepted, too. I trust you not to go too overboard with any dinosaur rampages.))