saarkin

New Sorting Options

1.) I think it would be really nice to have ability to sort your Dragons in the order of rarity. Along with that idea I would also like for it to be able to show you only the dragons of a certain rarity. So basically the existing sort box would have sort options and if you have it sorted by rarity then there would be another box to select only rare dragons or only breedable dragons and so forth.

2.) My second idea would be to have them to be able to be sorted in order of release date of the actual type of dragons release in to the cave world. Right now we can only sort by date caught not date released. It would make it easier to track what you are missing especially in conjunction with the wiki which tracks recent releases also.

3.) My last idea is to sort them by size. I know this would require defining the size of each Dragon that already exists but I would find it interesting to see if what we think is bigger or smaller than others actually is. (more of a funny idea just for kicks than anything else.)

Unfortunately rarity is so variable in DC that I don't think the first option could exist (unless it was constantly updating). While some things like Golds and Silvers have always been rare, the rarity of things like Blacks, Stripes, Tsunamis, and plenty of other things can shift wildly. All of the above used to be quite rare, now, not so much. xd.png

The second suggestion would be cool!

The third option might be possible, might not be. I know the Encyclopedia is being worked on, and a lot of other people have shared information about the size of the dragons they've created, but... what do you do if a creator can no longer be contacted? I guess TJ could just come up with a size, but it seems less sincere.

You make some good points so maybe the sort option for rarity can be based upon the rarity of the drop rates of eggs in the cave.

You make some good points so maybe the sort option for rarity can be based upon the rarity of the drop rates of eggs in the cave.

TJ will never tell about that stuff so I think you are on a hiding to nothing there.

Agreed--rarity fluctuates far too often, and different members consider different things rarer than others (Holly vs. ND, Gold vs. Silver)--I don't think we'll be able to get a concrete rarity.

However, I would enjoy seeing a "sort by release date" option.

I like your second idea. As others have said, the first option is probably a non-starter as the coded ratio is secret and the experiential ratio so variable. I expect once the dragon encyclopedia is more complete and publicly released that sizes will be standardized so that one is perhaps doable at some point in the future. Right now size information isn't available on many breeds.

3.)  My last idea is to sort them by size.  I know this would require defining the size of each Dragon that already exists but I would find it interesting to see if what we think is bigger or smaller than others actually is.  (more of a funny idea just for kicks than anything else.)

If you want to see a size chart composed with information from the dragons' creators, check out this post: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8354869

So far, this is the only info we have on them. I'm hoping to get the new release dragons on it eventually.

Edit: Take a look at the whole thread. You will see some concept art in there as well.

Edited by xeyla

2.) My second idea would be to have them to be able to be sorted in order of release date of the actual type of dragons release in to the cave world. Right now we can only sort by date caught not date released. It would make it easier to track what you are missing especially in conjunction with the wiki which tracks recent releases also.

Out of those, I think this is really the only workable one and it would be kind of neat. Do support!