Meg_752

Frozen Eggs Biome

I really like this idea. Although I can just imagine the person (dragon?) who took the time to carve and paint the eggs coming back and finding half their work missing. xP

I like this idea, too, especially the lack of rarity suggestion. I'm always way too slow to get rare stuff.

Edited by Skyal

It is a nice idea, but would be much better as a stand-alone collectable site, rather than attached to DC. You are looking at having twice the amount of artist and site management potential here if added to the existing Cave. And I also think adding 'rocks' to a scroll that's supposed to be for Dragons a little much to keep up with. We already have chickens, dinos, cheeses, and papers, lol. There are already so many dragons and more coming, that now adding the same amount of 'rocks', would be rather exhausting to keep up with.

Again, great idea, and I'm sure if you made a stand-alone collectable site, you'd have no problem getting as many followers eventually as DC!!

Edited by Riverwillows

It is a nice idea, but would be much better as a stand-alone collectable site, rather than attached to DC. You are looking at having twice the amount of artist and site management potential here if added to the existing Cave. And I also think adding 'rocks' to a scroll that's supposed to be for Dragons a little much to keep up with. We already have chickens, dinos, cheeses, and papers, lol. There are already so many dragons and more coming, that now adding the same amount of 'rocks', would be rather exhausting to keep up with.

Again, great idea, and I'm sure if you made a stand-alone collectable site, you'd have no problem getting as many followers eventually as DC!!

I don't understand. I would expect that these "painted rocks" would look close enough to the real eggs that the sprites would be the same, which is rather the point, so no extra sprites would be needed. I also don't see why it would take any more site management, other then the coding to add the "rock" biome, but any egg collecting system would require coding to implement. It also doesn't take the same amount of investment as more new dragons would, as they would act like leetle trees, in the sense that you can only pick them up if you have an egg slot but the egg slot is immediately free again, so it's just a matter of grab and go.

I don't understand.

They Are Not Dragons!! We already have several non-dragon 'specials', we don't really need more. This is about collecting dragons. Not stones. The cake has plenty of decoration, it doesn't need more extras. But this is just my opinion.

This suggestion is about collecting the existing egg sprites, it isn't something extra though. The rocks part is just about semantics to get around the 'what about the hatchling' issue that all frozen egg sugggestions get lambasted for. The main suggestion does not have any special sprites that exist only as rocks, and I don't think the majority of people on the thread want that. So I'm not really sure what your objection is other than the use of the word rock?

Just think we have enough stuff on DC. We don't need more things to "adopt". That's all. No need to debate it. Was just expressing my thoughts. Ok to disagree.

But debating the alternate view is a key feature of suggestions. xP Often the dissenters of a suggestion provide elements that improve the suggestion and make it less unpleasant for those who are not fans, but it can take a conversation to draw out the details that do so.

To be honest, while I support this suggestion and any other suggestion for frozen egg sprites, I don't really see the point in finding ways around the "what's with the hatchie in the egg" thing. There are hundreds of eggs dying behind holiday walls every year, and people don't really care. So why worry about the question what happens to a hatchie in a frozen egg? My favorite solution to this would be to simply allow the freeze action for eggs. And here's what happens to the hatchie: "Unborn dragons are actually ready to hatch early on in their development cycle. However, they choose to remain in the safety of their own egg rather than leave it." It gets to stay and enjoy the safety of its egg forever.

Edited by Ha-Ki

I like this! It's very creative and a good alternative to "freezing" eggs (although we can't (yet) I like this suggestion better than any others I've seen regarding such)

I fully support~!

I personally love the painted rocks; the idea of such a talented painter taking care to create beautiful replicas of something and then sharing their work with others would be a beautiful thing, in my eyes.

In regard to the 'we don't need more things on DC' argument: We can collect adult sprites by growing our dragons. We can collect hatchling sprites, at both stages, by freezing. Why, then, can't we collect egg sprites? It seems like something important is missing, and I'm sure sprite collectors would agree.

Just two little idea things to add:

One, we should be able to 'name' these eggs. Just like naming anything else. After all, you wouldn't name an egg because you probably want to name the dragon, based on its personality or looks or lineage or whatever. So that makes sense, RP-wise. But there's no reason to hold back on naming a rock; it's an image on your scroll, and you can write a name beside it. I wouldn't necessarily allow describing, though; what's there to describe? It's a rock. It looks like an egg. I'd be confused as to how such a rock could cause any confusion.

Two: Perhaps this secondary cave could show up only once you have a bronze trophy? No particular reason, just a thought. But it would show up at the end of the main cave's page, beneath the map: "As you wander through the cave, you hear a strange noise, which shows you a passageway you haven't noticed before. Do you want to explore it?"

Just a random passing thought that probably had a reason but I forgot it. lol

Would you only be able to grab eggs that you have previously owned before (or have unlocked in the encyclopedia)? Personally I would like it if this was the case.

And is it ALL the eggs or only some, sort of like the biomes and they refresh every 5 minutes?

The egg sprite is part of the dragon group/family/collection. What ever you want to call it. It's not like something new is being added, we already have the egg sprites and people want to collect them for many reasons. I don't care if they are called painted rocks or frozen eggs, I would just love to have them on my scroll. I've always felt it was a little incomplete not being able to have the egg sprite in line with the dragons. So while this isn't my favorite idea, I'd support it. I would rather have frozen eggs. I am horrible at catching and would rather breed most of what I need.

So this is all a way to be able to collect eggs similar to Easter Eggs from the Festival of Eggs, only with the ones we can grab from the game? I've wondered about being able to collect the eggs since they are works of art as well... I thought differently though...

Why not see if a person can keep the empty eggshell their dragon hatched from? Have it "glued back together" in a sense. It would still show cracks in it, but it would just be the egg shell. Maybe a strange BSA could enable this?

"Your dragon (is there a dragon that is very artistic in the cave?) attempts to reconstruct Code #####'s egg shell."

"The eggshell was in too many tiny pieces and could not be reassembled." ;_;

"The eggshell is missing a piece/or to and cannot be completed." T-T (censorkip.gif! So close!)

"The eggshell was able to be put back together by your dragon and has been given a sealant." xd.png Yay! I have a forever memento of my little lovely dragon named Peanut!

mellow.gif I'm still worn from yesterday... I think I'm going to rest on my bed again. If I misinterpreted this topic, my apologies...

So this is all a way to be able to collect eggs similar to Easter Eggs from the Festival of Eggs, only with the ones we can grab from the game? I've wondered about being able to collect the eggs since they are works of art as well... I thought differently though...

Why not see if a person can keep the empty eggshell their dragon hatched from? Have it "glued back together" in a sense. It would still show cracks in it, but it would just be the egg shell. Maybe a strange BSA could enable this?

"Your dragon (is there a dragon that is very artistic in the cave?) attempts to reconstruct Code #####'s egg shell."

"The eggshell was in too many tiny pieces and could not be reassembled." ;_;

"The eggshell is missing a piece/or to and cannot be completed." T-T (censorkip.gif! So close!)

"The eggshell was able to be put back together by your dragon and has been given a sealant." xd.png Yay! I have a forever memento of my little lovely dragon named Peanut!

mellow.gif I'm still worn from yesterday... I think I'm going to rest on my bed again. If I misinterpreted this topic, my apologies...

There is a suggestion floating around somewhere, probably in the BSA forum for mints I believe that is similar to what you suggest. I would hate to have cracks in the eggs though, otherwise I'm all for it.

Ah. Well, crack or no cracks... that is just an up in the air sort of thing really. I actually only added the cracks still showing because the eggs without them might confuse a person into thinking he or she may have more eggs than they actually do. A whole egg with all the cracks that would be made upon hatching, but no gaping hole then...

"Ah, right... this is an egg that has already hatched. Awesome, I still have an egg slot left!"

Though, yeah... original idea was that the egg would look whole and brand-new like how refurbished antiques can be... "Wow! You'd never thought this thing was ever cracked!!! *Starry-eyed*" Pauses, then mutters, "For what I paid for ti better look brand new!"

Edited by Nyxity

Collect BSA - Mint

Gathering BSA - Pygmy

If anyone was concerned about lore or anything, you could just say this is where dragons dump infertile eggs

If anyone was concerned about lore or anything, you could just say this is where dragons dump infertile eggs

I like that, the pick up message could be:

"you pick up the egg but its infertile, so you drain it and keep it as a decoration"

Edited by blockEdragon

user posted image

Please include some text in your post. ^^

xd.png I would love to be able to freeze eggs, but this is the next best thing. All the look of the eggs I want to freeze without all the guilt.

Edited by miss1nformation

I would love this! It'd be cool if you could either collect it through randomly generated special cave with no ratios since they're just rocks painted to look like eggs. :3 Is there a way you can tell or do you have to just hunt through them with each one having the same description as the other and go by blind random chance?

Maybe you need to unlock the egg sprites first in encyclopedia before you're able to get the egg sprite in the special cave? :3 That way it's because you now know what you're looking for! :3

Or maybe there can be a painter dragon that has a BSA (or a mischief one or a creative/artsy one?) where you collect the egg-shaped rocks from the special cave but they're unpainted and you get your dragon to match the egg to one of the dragons you already have (provided you've already unlocked the egg sprite that is so it can go off your encyclopedia records LOL!)

IDK just tossing out some ideas. :3 FULL SUPPORT of this! <3

I'd support this, if there were a limit to how many eggs you could have of a certain sprite.

But one seems to be too little; how about 3? Three sounds nice, right?

I honestly would LOVE to collect all the rocks, it's just that it becomes harder to collect all the rocks if someone is collecting [insert ludicrous no.] of X rock.

They definitely, 100% should not count towards trophies, though.

theirs no limit to how many frozen hatchies you can collect over long term other then the freeze limit

why should eggs be limited to just three? for life? eggs aren't GoNs and

maybe a grab limit, like you can only grab a certain amount each week depending on your trophy rank

this would prevent someone from taking all of them but also allow collections to grow

theirs no limit to how many frozen hatchies you can collect over long term other then the freeze limit

why should eggs be limited to just three? for life? eggs aren't GoNs and

maybe a grab limit, like you can only grab a certain amount each week depending on your trophy rank

this would prevent someone from taking all of them but also allow collections to grow

I just don't see why anyone would need more than 3.

If rocks were to have rarities based on their normal cave rarity (i.e. Neglecteds being stupid rare), then, depending on the times a person is on, and the times these rocks happen to appear, they could pretty much get all of the Neglected/[insert infinitely rare being here]s.

If you had 3 per sprite (you could have 9 Terraes, 15 Stripes, 6 Opals, etc.), you could still look at the rocks, but now a bunch of other people could ALSO get the rocks.

Besides, 3 is the maximum limit for any breed that is limited (which actually IS GoNs), and these rocks, unlike GoNs, are actually pretty much just there to be there. To look at. Why do you NEED an entire page filled with something that is basically there to be super pretty (and indeed, most rocks are very pretty)?

Edited by DarkShinyLugia