pudding

Avengers/Thor AU

Bruce joined Natasha's side as she lifted Clint carefully off the floor, trying not to disrupt his injures too much. She carefully set him down on a nearby couch, sitting down nearby as Bruce began slowly taking off the bandages wrapped around Clint's body. Looking over the stitches, he frowned and looked around for Tony to return. "Tony," he called out. "Can you bring that first aid kit in here? I need to redo these stitches and make sure everything is clean." He wasn't sure what was taking him so long but a friendly reminder wasn't so bad. Natasha looked around at this point before turning to Bruce.

"Where is Loki?" She asked impatiently. Bruce glanced back at her then shrugged. He didn't want to be involved in that so much.

"Ask Tony."

Tong eventually returned to the lab, but not before finding a larger first-aid kit. So, he carried two in his hands, one stacked atop the other. Uh...here Both kits were set beside Bruce as he worked. To be honest, Tony really wasn't much for gore. He wasn't exactly squeamish, but seeing injuries was enough to put him over the edge. How'd he get stitches? Did he somehow manage to do them himself? When a distraction was given, he was able to tear his eyes away from the wounds to look at Natasha. A thumb was jerked towards where the one-armed robot stood guard. Behind that door. Have fun trying to talk to him.

Natasha nodded and moved to the nearby door. It was closed and a chill seemed to be coming from underneath it. Frowning, she placed her hand on the door knob, only to immediately jerk it backwards, staring at her hand in shock. The metal was cold like ice. What was going on in there? Not hesitating, she took a small step backwards before kicking the door in. Loki was a criminal and didn't deserve privacy so it wasn't too bad to knock the door down on him. Light flooded into the tiny room, casting light on the sleek, frozen walls and on the figure who had not moved since sitting down. The door had landed practically on top of him but he had barely moved. In fact, his stomach was still actively bleeding and he hadn't moved. It looked as if he was in some kind of coma. "Tony, you may want to look at this," Natasha said as she lowered her foot to the floor, staring at the blue figure inside.

Bruce didn't respond as he was too busy working on Clint. Using a tiny knife, he cut the old stitches and pulled them out as gently as possible before doing his best to clean the wounds. His eyes constantly checked to make sure Clint was still breathing as he set up a new needle and thread and began stitching the wound Clint had revieved from his fight with Loki. It was clearly the most threatening thing at the moment and one he had to focus the most on.

"Leaving in an hour". Right. About that. Tony stared inside the frozen room, his eyes narrowed. What had Loki done? Because whatever that was...wasn't normal. What the... The whole room was absolutely covered in ice! Pulling his phone from his pocket, Tony turned the flashlight on to get a better look inside. Bruce, you're going to have to get him next. That blue stuff all over him...that was blood, wasn't it? It would make sense, with Loki being blue and all now.

Halfway through Bruce cleaning his wound did Clint snap back into lucidity, cringing and squirming at the sting of the disinfectant. He stared at Bruce, an almost pathetic amount of betrayal in his eyes. The sensation of a sharp needle piercing through his skin kept him from talking. Clint buried his head in the side of the couch, his half-conscious whines muffled by this action. He was confused, and somewhat scared. Where had Natasha gone, and was Loki okay? Both these questions worried him.

Bruce paused only briefly when Clint stirred, having been woken by his work. Well, he had to continue. There wasn't anything else to be done other than carry on. "I'm almost done," he muttered, lifting the knife again with one hand and gently cutting off the leftover thread as he finished patching up the wound. Using a damp paper towel, he wiped up the blood around the stitching his had just finished then gently patted Clint's side. "Don't move or you might risk opening the injury up again," he warned before standing up and moving to Tony and Natasha's side as they peered into the dark closet. The strange creature inside looked remarkably similar to Loki but seemed all-about unresponsive. The ice that coated the ceiling and the floor also seemed stuck to his body. Or maybe it was coming from his body. "That doesn't look human," Bruce replied faintly. "I don't know what to do with that."

Frowning, Tony stepped into the room behind Natasha. He didn't really care if Loki died, but he also didn't want a body in his house. What to do? He's going to be too cold to touch. I'll see what I can do with the suit on. At least then they could get a good look at him. Actually... I can actually have JARVIS look at him. He's not alive, so having him do it would keep anyone else from getting hurt. Before he could allow anyone else to protest, he was already heading to the nearest suit. They couldn't talk him out of it. Letting Bruce touch Loki could be disasterous. If Loki was emitting enough cold to freeze the room, having somebody touch him with bare hands would be suicide.

Bruce opted to take a retreat and step away from the room Loki was sitting in. While he didn't approve or disprove of Tony's plan, he could clearly see the ice on the walls and the cold spilling out of the room. That meant Loki's body temperature had to be incredibly cold. An impressive feat for sure but also most likely dangerous to people who did not share that body temperature. Which meant ever single one of them. But on the other hand, he did still appear very injured and that needed to be taken care of.

"How long ago did he go in there?" Natasha asked, deciding to follow Tony.

Tony shrugged in response to Natasha's question. I dunno, fifteen minutes? It couldn't have been long. But how did Loki do that? Was it a defense mechanism, or a disguise? He couldn't tell. Minutes after Tony had walked out of the room did he return with his shiny red suit. At the very least, he would be safe by keeping out of direct contact. As he walked into the room, he realized pretty quickly that the suit struggled to regulate a safe temperature for him. The metal had frosted over in roughly ten seconds. Okay...I'm gonna need a threaded needle, some pliers, and a space heater.

Natasha nodded and quickly grabbed the first aid kit from nearby. That had a needle and thread that could be used so she quickly returned to Tony, having threaded the needle on the way back to him. As she did so, Bruce returned with a medium-sized space-heater, which he set on the floor a safe distance from the closet. It was better he not get involved in this or he could end up getting injured. That wasn't a very good idea. "I'll get the pliers," Natasha declared before quickly disappearing again, leaving Bruce and Tony alone with the comatose god.

"Tony, I'm not sure this is such a good idea," Bruce said as he looked at the iron-clad billionaire. "We don't know what could happen here."

Well none of you have offered any better ideas. Tony accepted each given item, and then turned toward the space heater. God, it was cold. Thing is, I'm not gonna let anybody bleed out in my tower. Especially because Thor would throw a fit when he found out we could do something. Slowly did he return his gaze to Loki. He lifted the god's layers of clothes, only to frown. Somebody had stitched him up beforehand. It looked like a toddler had done it, so it had to have been hasty. Is that...is that dental floss?

Bruce peered into the doorway, watching Tony as he began to examine Loki. Even just standing in the doorway felt like he was in the middle of Canada in the winter. He felt like he needed a much heavier jacket than what he was currently wearing. It was amazing, really. If Loki could do this much with ice, why hadn't he before? It would have been much easier to take over the world with that power. But he hadn't showed any signs of even attempting that. Why? "I'd take that out and sterilize it before replacing the thread with something stronger," He advised. At that moment, Natasha reappeared with the pair of pliers she had gone to fetch and held them out to Tony, not actually sticking her arm inside the room but staying as close as she could reasonably manage.

The pliers, the question, were accepted. He gabbed the needle with the pilers, and stared at it. Hm...What to do from here? Already he could see the needle he had been given frost over. This was insane! How could Loki do this? And why hadn't he before? JARVIS, move 45% of power into temperature regulation. Almost instantly did a gust of warmth greet him. Oh, that was nice. This wouldn't take that long, hopefully. I don't think it matters. The needle's already frozen over. Can one of you guys grab me some scissors?

Bruce quickly rooted through the first aid kit that had been left on the ground nearby. Finding a small pair of sissors probably used for cutting bandages, he picked them up and held them out to Tony. Natasha, meanwhile, moved back to Clint's side and sat down beside him. He was much more important than Loki was and since Loki didn't seem to be waking up any time soon, it was fine to leave Tony and Bruve in charge.

Loki had scarcely used Astral projection since his defeat at Midgard. But when it came to recovering magic, it was almost a requirment to abandon the body for some time. So where to go? He had an hour or so where his consciousness was not tied to his body and it was an easy thing to move freely through the cosmos, rendering himself unseen and unheard. Feeling somewhat nostalgic, he made his way to Asgard. He had not seen much of Thor so perhaps he could see what the thunder god was doing that occupied his time so greatly.

Alright, that should be everything. Now came the hard part. Tony accepted the pair of scissors and slowly turned his attention to Loki. Careful snipping of the torn stitched was a lot harder than it seemed. At least, it was when one wore a metal suit. Thankfully, the stitches themselves weren't frozen totally solid. And if they were, he couldn't tell. Okay...Now to close up the wound. The lack of red in the situation made it seem less gorey when replaced with blue.

As soon as Natasha sat down on the couch did Clint stir. He was exhausted, but the thought of Natasha in his company was enough to get him moving. Instantly did he sidle up to her, his head in her lap. Tash..

((Will reply as Thor soon))

It seemed somewhat unusual for Loki to be completely unresponsive but then again, they didn't know why he was like this. If it was a coma, it made sense but how was it he was able to induce a coma on the spot? Unless it was caused by his injuries but that seemed even stranger that it had not happened earlier. But he wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Loki couldn't protest to them fixing him up, which meant they could make sure he didn't bleed out. He'd probably realize what happened after he woke up... if he woke up.

Natasha adjusted her leg as gently as she could, making it more comfortable for Clint. Shushing him quietly, she ran her fingers slowly through his hair to try to calm him. "I'm not going anywhere. You need to rest for now."

Thor was busy in Asgard. He wasn't a complete loafing fool like Loki believed, and he usually kept himself busy by helping people. Usually, that meant fighting unwanted pests and wild beasts that enter or threaten the people. But today, he was packing. Loki had escaped, and somebody had to fetch him. Frigga was a nervous wreck and Odin had to watch over the kindom. The choice was clear. So, as he folded clothes on his bed, he was surprised to see a familliar figure in the standing mirror.Brother... Unsurprisngly, Thor sounded wistful. Almost sad. His brother, once his best friend, had become such a menace to Asgard. It broke his heart.

---

Uh...was this how this worked? Carefully pushing the needle through both layers of skin, Tony frowned beneath his mask. How did Bruce do this all the time? For someone so senstive, it was amazing to think that Bruce willingly put himself in danger to help people. I don't like this, man. Somthing's going to happen soon and it's not gonna be pretty. The general situation put him on edge. It was like a calm before the storm. Things were going to start going wrong and the Avengers would be assembled soon enough. The majority of them had already gathered just because of chance. This was no coincidence.

Loki shrugged slightly when Thor called out his name. "No," He replied, his form wavering slightly to reveal his did not have a physical form like he normally would. "But nearly so. I just thought I would see how you were doing, Thor. I saw very little of you while imprisoned and thought perhaps you had come to hate me." He kicked his heels slightly, focusing on the clothes on the bed. "Going somewhere, are we?" As he spoke, a throbbing sensation formed within his chest. Even if he was not in his body, he was still connected to it. But he dismissed the strange sensation for the injuries he had suffered earlier. He wanted to talk to Thor now and could deal with that when he had gained more energy.

"Most likely that will happen when he wakes up," Bruce pointed out. "He seemed very displeased earlier when I tried to redo his stitching. He'll probably get angry again." He smiled faintly, traces of sarcasm showing through as he looked at Tony. "But that's alright. When it comes to being angry, nobody gets angrier than I do. I'm sure he'll understand what happens if he tries anything."

Thor turned to stare at the apparition, his features softening at the sight of his brother. He hadn't bisited Loki in fear his brother had grown to hate him. It was funny, how they assumed the same thing of each other. Yes...I have been sent to go to Midgard. He replied reluctantly. Loki wasn't an idiot, he knew why Thor was leaving. I was told to bring you back home. We miss you, Loki. Stop this foolishness and come back. Surely your imprisonment was not so miserable?

--

No, that's not what I'm worried about. Loki, with the eat he is now, isn't going to be much of a problem to take down. I just... Tony sighed, pausing to shake his head. He soon continued his work seconds after stopping. I feel like there's worse to come. And I don't think Loki's going to be our only problem. It was probably just paranoia, but Tony couldn't shake the feeling that the bad hadn't happened yet.

((I feel like we should do something with Thanos. 'Cause in The Avengers, he threatened some bad stuff if Loki failed. It'd be pretty cool if Thanos tried to take Earth for himself after Loki failed.))

"Miss me?" Loki asked, staring at his brother, looking absolutely shocked. He was shocked, of course, but there was some show he was putting on as well that mostly involved shaking his head and chuckling at him. "Oh, Thor," He mused, slowly walking in a circle. "You call this foolishness and yet you were the one who put me there in the first place. How much did you miss me when I scarcely saw you after you threw me in there? Do not attempt to lie to the God of lies, Odinson." He scowled briefly then shook his hand dismissively at him. "Do not think you can catch me, Thor. I have no intention of returning to my cell and I can run farther than you can comprehend. The universe is larger than you know and my eyes have been opened."

"What do you mean?" Bruce asked. "Loki is right here and his army was already defeated. Who else would there be?" He didn't know who Tony was being so paranoid about or what he was even worried about. He didn't know who else there was to worry about aside from Loki. They usually didn't have problems like alien invasions, right?

((I like that idea!))

Edited by pudding

We have all done wrong, brother. I have already been punished for my foolishness and have retained much wisdom in accepting humility. Thor turned away from Loki and closed yhe suitcase he had been given. Tony gifted it to him, just in case he was ever to return to Earth. Lifting his suitcase with one hand, Thor stood and started towards the door. Goodbye, brother. For your sake, may our paths cross in Midgard. The door was closed behind hin as he exited. What Loki didn't see was the grave expression on the Demigod's face. Thor didn't want to fight Loki, but something told him it was going to happen.

---

Tony shrugged as he worked, and began to carefully tie a knot in the sutures. That hadn't taken as long as he expected. I dunno. I've just got a bad feeling. That's probably all it is. As he stood, he frowned. That would need wrapped. Can you toss me the gauze?

((How are we going to fit the other movies into this? Heck, we could bring in Spider man if we're going to incorperate the more recent movies!))

((I guess we should establish a timeline. Like, should Winter Soldier have already happened or will we change it around? It could be a lot of fun.))

For his sake? Thor had to be fooling himself if he thought that meeting him in Midgard would cause anything but torment for him. Thor may have learned something in his banishment but there was little to learn in a cell aside from loathing. As the door closed, his image wavered. He had wanted to take a full hour but that was clearly not going to happen. He needed to move now so he could fix Clint and then leave for other realms. Any more time would have him lose the jump he had gained on Thor. His image dissolved into particles as his mind rushed back to join his body on Midgard.

Bruce nodded and quickly moved to retrieve the bandages. As he returned to hold them out to Tony, Loki's chest suddenly heaved as he drew in a sharp breath. Crimson eyes opened and took a few moments to adjust before catching sight of the red metal figure in the room with him. Immediately, his cold, blue hand lashed out, attempting to strike away Stark as he slowly started to stand. He had told them not to enter! The room had no other exits so it was clear he had not escaped. So what was he doing in here?!

((Let's see, some stuff should have already happened, so let's say Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 have already went on. And Steve and be absent [and soon Natasha] because Captain America 2 can be happening now.))

As oon as Loki awoke and swatted at Tony, a blue light charged in one if his hands. Eyes narrowed beneath his mask, he reached and grabbed the roll of bandages from Bruce. One move, and I'm melting your face off. Let me finish what I started He growled. Tony too stood up, but his hand remained aimed at Loki. No chances were going to be taken. Not against the man that almost enslaved Earth. One move, and you're dead. Understand? I don't care what Thor's going to say. If you give me any reason to believe that you're going to be hostile, you're going to be dead.

((Well wait, we could have it just before Thor 2 but Thor 2 couldn't have happened yet or Loki wouldn't be in prison anymore. Right?))

Loki's anger was broken briefly by the blue light radiating from Tony's palm. He glanced past the glow to the metal mask Tony was wearing. The Avengers were very capable of killing people so he did not take the threat very lightly. But there was another problem with Tony opening up the door because he had no intention of waltzing around in his actual form. While he didn't act immediately, he also did not stand down and let Tony carry on with what he was doing. Did he resort to violence or not?

"I don't like when people fight," Bruce muttered from his place nearby the closet, just loud enough for the god to hear. Right, that was a problem. He had dealt with that brute once and had no intention of doing it again.

"I am only going to transform back," He finally said, slowly raising his hands in a non-threatening manner. "Or is that not permitted? I would assume you would carry on better without my body radiating frost and ice."

((Oh yeah, you're right!))

Although displeased, the light from Tony's palm died out. He couldn't hurt Loki if all the guy wanted to do was change back. Fine. Wrap yourself up. Tossing the coil of gauze, he turned and began to walk out of the room. I want you here until Clint's up. Until then, you're stuck here. With that, he slammed the door shut behind himself (making sure Bruce was out of the way, of course). What a joke. If Loki thought he was going to get out of the tower, he had another thing coming.

Loki fumbled the gauze slightly as the door slammed. His red eyes briefly flickered to the doorway before he looked around at the inside of the room. Shaking his head at the ice and cold, he took the bandages and looked down at his chest. His own bandages had been removed and fresh stitches sealed the two wounds he had. So they had taken advantage of his mind leaving his body to rewrap his injuries. Grimacing, he tossed the gauze over his shoulder without wrapping his chest and instead focused on the door. Tony had closed it, sealing off the only entrance to the room. But he did not intend to go out that way anyway. He needed to retain his head start on Thor if he wanted anything accomplished.

Light began to flow out from under the door as Loki gathered energy within his hands. Even if he had returned early, he still had reclaimed a good deal of magic. He took the orb and slammed it into the ceiling next to the lightbulb. Humans had a very primitive system. Even the most secure room, if it was lit, had an weakness. Plaster and glass rained down around him. Within a few seconds, Loki had completely vanished.