Cookiemoon

.: M a k e {a} C o n t r a c t :.

"Oi, you. Before you think about burning it. Look."

Seth gave her a look of innocence in response to her rather rude outburst. "Thought didn't even cross my mind.." he replied sarcastically. Besides, its not like his plan was flawed in anyway, simply burning the support that held that metal cage would have been enough; gravity would have done the rest. However he saw no need to say any of this to the girl before him, in all likelihood it would have caused more annoyances then anything.

"Kill the flying eyes."

Seth furrowed his brows, not at all pleased with being given the 'support' role in this whole ordeal, yet any objections he wanted to give her were stifled as several of the demons charged towards him. In a swift series of movements, Seth span his glaive around and stabbed it into the ground before him, causing a large blast of fire to erupt from the ground and shoot skyward, incinerating several of the demons who were an immediate threat. Retrieving his glaive, he transitioned into a defensive posture, three orbs of fire orbiting around his body as the rest of the demons were drawn towards him after that last show. Despite his hesitance towards the support role, he had successfully drawn the majority of the demons aggro towards himself.

however before he could make another move, an arrow whizzed past Seth's ear and struck a charging demon, a short gust of wind sending his crimson hair fluttering skyward. Grasping his glaive tightly he glanced towards his sight, noting the faint silhoutte of another several yards behind.

"Hopefully I am not interfering with something?"

"Just be prepared for the consequences" he replied, sending an orb of fire towards her and killing an approaching demon.

"Now we are even"

"Just be prepared for the consequences" he replied, sending an orb of fire towards her and killing an approaching demon.

Zachy hadn't even noticed the demon approaching her and started internally curse herself for being careless. The thing about demons was that the second you didn't pay attention to your surroundings, they'd get you. Far too often, Zachy had gotten distracted and allowed demons to creep upon her - just like now.

"Now we are even"

She smiled in response, already drawing the next arrow.

"I think we will have time to settle the scores after this scene is over, wouldn't you think so? But yeah, for now we're even," Zachy said, releasing the arrow and drawing the next. She took a few seconds to charge her arrows, careful not to put too much energy or time into them, but still making sure each of them hit the mark. Every time her arrows hit the target, a gush of wind erupted and pushed the flaming eyes about, forcing them to scatter a bit, if not doing any damage. Actually, the demons seemed to become more angry - if they had feelings, that is - and started attacking more violently.

"If I remember right, a little bit of wind feeds the flames?" Zachy asked, making her question into an unsaid suggestion even as she charged an arrow with wind energy. She found it funny how, without even knowing each others' names, in the battle they were working as a some sort of a team. Well, not really as a team, but they had a common enemy, which in her logic would make them be on the same side.

The world was, in the end, a very curious place.

Ah, yes. As if it wasn't enough to have a fire boy annoying her, now some wind... girl? Was that even a girl? Aria couldn't tell, but the voice didn't seem appropriate for a boy. What was this, the goddamn Elementals party? Aria rolled her eyes, sighing audibly. Seeing as they were taking on the flying paper eyes, the girl took this chance to shoot her long vines through the entire hall, and break into the witch's metallic cage.

She got it. The thin plants had no trouble passing through the large openings between the metal bars, and the spikes that dug into the paper witch retrieved it back to Aria. Then, she knew she had to kill it quickly.

After all, this witch had been hers to begin with. These other idiots had only gotten in her way from the start. The vine that she'd used to bring the paper doll back regressed, and suddenly multiplied, and dozens of vines emerged from Aria, engulfing the witch. She hit and shredded at it, and in a span of seconds, the witch was already gone.

The girl smirked. "What a weakling...", she muttered under her breath. Any witch that could be killed in such a short amount of time was hardly worth fighting; Aria had trouble believing it was a honest-to-goodness witch, and not just a familiar. But when the barrier faded all around them, and the grief seed dropped, there wasn't any doubt, it most certainly had been a witch. Aria picked up the seed, cleared her gem (it wasn't very dark; but she disliked not cleaning it), and tossed it back into the ground, leaving it for the other two Magi. She then proceeded to return to her civillian attire, and began to walk away.

((Okay! I've got permission to do the school's witch fight, so here goes. Hope you all enjoy my first baby witch. Witch cards and descriptions will be provided after she dies!))

Ashley landed in the labyrinth and was immediately assaulted by an incredibly loud sound. She cried out and covered her ears, nearly dropping her weapon in her haste, waiting for whatever kind of attack this was to end - but it never did. “What the heck is this?” She shouted, but she doubted even Siena (who was now directly behind her) could hear her over this cacophony. She looked around. This particular labyrinth reminded her of those fancy pop-up books she’d had when she was little, although the polygonal clumps of illustrations sticking out of the walls and floor at random intervals didn’t seem to be of anything in particular. The walls and the floor were covered in odd unreadable runes, so thick it made her skin crawl. No, scratch that thought - this was less of a pop-up book and more of a really creepy modern art museum.

user posted image

A bright red shape fluttered in front of her. Ashley looked up to see what seemed to be a small and rather round bird, but its wings seemed more like messy crayon scribbles than any working anatomical structure. It stared at her for a second, and then opened its mouth. “MANY R - OO MUCH WORK WHAT DOE -” A stream of jumbled words and what seemed to be laughter poured out of its beak, though it wasn’t moving at all. Ashley screeched in surprise and, one hand still over her ear, smashed the bird over the head with her mace. It seemed to crumple under the weapon and simply melted into the ground without much resistance, the scribbled wings twitching for a moment before following suit.

user posted image

“Okay, this is getting really weird,” she yelled again, more to herself than anyone else. Was she just getting used to it, or did the noise actually diminish a little when she killed that familiar? No - it was getting louder again. Now that she was listening for it, it seemed all this noise was the same kind of thing the bird had made, clips of sound and snatches of conversation repeated much louder than they had any right to be.

user posted image

Reluctantly, she peeled her other hand away from her ear. She had a job to do, after all, and she intended to do it right. She took a deep breath. Yeah, it wasn't like this was her first time doing this - she'd seen weirder witches. There was no reason she couldn't handle this, and she even had backup this time around. She glanced back at Siena and nodded at her once, before breaking into a run and heading for the heart of the labyrinth. More of those bird familiars in all sorts of neon colours were popping up, flying into her path from cracks in the paper sculptures, screaming bloody hell. She swung her mace again and again, and each was another bird dead, but she doubted she could keep this up for very long. Hopefully the centre would be quieter.

user posted image

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

((Assuming Grief seeds can be reused per individual? Will edit if wrong.))

The fight barely lasted, the fragments of torn paper that rained all around them signalling the end of their conflict. The dimension they were in soon began to collapse on itself, no longer having the power of the witch to maintain itself.

Seth was rather displeased with this outcome, having wanted to savour the thrill of the fight more then what he had been able to do in that short span of events. The fact that he had been negated to a support role had also played its part in dampening his mood.

Walking over to where the grief seed was left, Seth bent over and picked it up. Bringing the small fragment towards his crystal and cleansing it of its impurities, before heading over towards the other magi and handing it over.

"Well... she was... something..." muttered Seth, as he looked beyond Zachy and towards the departing Aria.

((Since I refuse to transform without someone telling me what to do, and since Pi scolded me about being a copycat even though I don't know what to do, I'm going to skip to when she's jumping into the labyrinth.))

Kathea, having transformed into her dress and flats, her longer hair flowing behind her, pulled her katana out of it's sheath and jumped into the labyrinth. Immediately she was hit with a sound greater than any heard before, including the deafening sound of the orphanages she'd been in ((There, you happy?)). She covered her ear with one hand and pushing the other ear up against her shoulder, trying to cut off a tiny bit of black fabric from the bow on her chest with her katana to stuff her ears with to muffle the sound. She gave up after a while, shoving the sword into it's sheath as her phone buzzed. I can't talk now, Cas, she thought, hoping her brother would get the memo. She rarely ignored his calls, but if she did it was for a good reason.

Edited by MyaMouse

((Thanks Pi for clearing up the Grief Seed biggrin.gif))

"Well... she was... something..."

"Quite an iceberg," Zachy admitted and gave a bark of laughter. She then took the Grief Seed from Seth, thankful for the offer.

"I technically don't have the right for this Seed, since I kinda just jumped in. But thanks anyways," she said happily while cleaning her gem. When Zachy was done, she held the Seed in her hand, unsure what to do with it. It could clean maybe two or three gems and then she could give it to an Incubator.

"If you don't mind, I'll take the Seed for safekeeping for time being before sending it to an Incubator. Unless you have something against it?" she asked, ready to hand to seed back if the flame boy so wished. She didn't really care, since she had had the chance to clean her gem.

She then walked over to the bush where her training bag was hidden and thankfully untouched. Lifting the bag on her left shoulder, Zachy realized that she was still in her magical form and quickly transformed back. She liked being in her magical form - the feeling of strength was awesome - but there were risks now that the barrier had disappeared; someone might see them. Thankfully, the park was as empty as it had been earlier when she had entered the labyrinth. The darkness of the shadows felt less ominous now in Zachy's mind, but maybe it was just a psychological effect now that the witch had been defeated. Nevertheless, her mind was light, and she was glad that the hunt didn't last for long tonight - dad had said something about making some voileipä, a rye bread sandwich with all sorts of goodies, like raw salmon and cheese in it.

"Are you two partners or something? You and the vine girl. I mean, it didn't look like it, but..." Zachy trailed off and shrugged. She then lifted her hand towards Seth.

"Apologies, I am forgetting my manners. Zacharias Jokinen, although I prefer just Zachy," she said with a grin.

Edited by Gildraug

As soon as Siena landed in the labyrinth, her first instinct was to cover her ears. It was, to put it nicely, loud. It sounded as if everyone who lived in the city was speaking all at once, within five inches of her ears. The words were mere gibberish to her - they sounded like broken sentences, as if stolen from someone's sentences with no context at all. A mere few feet in front of Siena, Ashley moved her mouth as if she were speaking; but Siena couldn't hear a thing. She held out a hand to grab the younger magi, but it was too late. She was already gone ahead, having taken out a familiar in her way. Siena didn't pay much attention to Kathea who had also arrived. She felt as if it was her fault that Ashley had gone in so recklessly, as if it wouldn't have happened if she hadn't pointed out the witch's location so bluntly. But now was not the time to regret that, and so the older girl ran after Ashley. Her spiky fists destroyed a familiar or two that got all up in her face. As she sighted Ashley ahead again, Siena screamed with all her strength - "HEY! STOP! IT'S DANGEROUS BY YOURSELF!" but her voice got lost in the cacophony. She could only hope to reach Ashley before something bad happened.

God, what a terrible night, Aria thought. She had gotten back home fairly quickly, and was looking through the window in her room. Siena hadn't come back yet. Aria was feeling a tinge of worry mixed with fear, even if she tried her best to push it out. But in the end, all her efforts were futile - they were still twin sisters, and they had a stronger connection than Aria would've liked. Even if she tried, she knew she wouldn't be able to fall asleep until Siena came back safely. That reckless girl. Why'd she have to go and make a stupid wish like that? But every time she ended up having her thoughts drift back to this, she just shrugged it off. She shouldn't care. She wouldn't care. She was suddenly more concerned with those Magi she had met today. She wasn't aware that there was this kind of... growing Magi population in Elmbrook. At least, she had no idea that she could have two Magi crashing her witch all of a sudden. This was worrying. Aria disliked it. The thought of those inexperienced children stealing away her Grief Seeds... it was kind of revolting. She'd have to settle it, one way or another.

Seth chuckled slightly at her comment, indead that vine girl did have an icy personality. Seth proceeded to return to his normal attire, staying in his magi form now that the barrier had dissipated would cause trouble; the circling orbs that surrounded him in his magi form would most likely draw unwanted attention from those not privy to the knowledge of witches and unlike his opposite, the mere excuse of 'cosplay' would not convince anyone.

"Feel free to do whatever you like with it, it would save me the hastle anyway" he replied, Slightly fidgeting in the spot as he adjusted to the sudden lack of heat. He watched as she headed towards a bush and retrieved her bag before proceeding to transform.

"partners?!" he recoiled in slight shock. "Honestly.. do you think I am the type of person to put up with that cold attitude of hers?" he burst, "I may control fire... but even my fire can't melt that..." he half joked, "It was just a coincidence that she happened upon me here... I had been monitoring this area for awhile and before I knew it... she jumps into my witch hunt" Seth took a breath, realizing that the girl had introduced herself during his mini rant and had held a hand out.

Reaching out, he shook it. "Seth Kreuger"

Edited by TotallyDrow

It was always hard to tell how much time had passed in a labyrinth and all this noise wasn't helping either. Ashley slowed her run to a walk as she took a second look around. Too bad transforming didn't let you keep your stuff. Her phone would have come in real handy right about now. Due to some miracle of chance (or maybe because she had smashed another half-dozen of those bird things), it was actually getting quieter, although it still sounded as if multiple people were screaming into her ear. There was still no sign of the witch, and this hallway was seriously starting to give her the creeps. At least it hadn't split off into multiple paths yet, so she was definitely on the right track... right?

While she was busy thinking about how this could go wrong, another bird familiar (this one in a shade of eye-hurting highlighter green) fluttered up to her and managed to scream out "IT'S DANGEROUS" before being smashed to a pulp against the wall. "I know, I know," she muttered. Well, no point in dawdling. She resumed her run - then skidded to a stop again almost immediately, as a gigantic patchwork diagram of a combustion engine with lots of tiny stick people all over it was blocking her way.

She blinked. That had definitely not been there last time she looked up. She reached out a hand to touch it, but stopped herself at the last moment. It could be a trick on the witch's part, or another kind of familiar. Whatever the case was, that thing was in her way. She hefted her mace, swung -

- and at the exact same moment, a giant pair of scissor blades ripped through the diagram from the other side. Her mace collided with them, creating an unpleasant metallic screech that was audible over even the noise. The scissors pulled backwards, taking the diagram with it. The stick people, which hadn't been drawn on as Ashley had assumed, were sent flying in all directions. They scampered back into the hallway, ignoring Ashley even as she smashed two of their companions in a panic, and started removing bits from the other paper sculptures. Ashley shuddered (those things did NOT move in a way stick figures were ever supposed to), before remembering the scissors and looking forward.

user posted image

She had found the centre of the labyrinth, a larger room containing much the same things as the hallway, and the witch was sitting in the middle of it, furiously cutting up every paper scuplture it could get its scissors on. It had a gigantic bulbous head, with screws sticking out of either side in a rough facsimile of a bird's head complete with scissor beak, and four twitching scribbled wings sprouted from its back. Below that, a long strip of metallic material served as the witch's body, propping the head up above the sculptures. More of the stick people were swarming about, rebuilding the paper into different arrangements just as fast as the witch destroyed them. Ashley stared. The witch hadn't even noticed her. Maybe she could still...

...She had come this far. There was no point in dawdling now. She'd probably wasted a ton of magic already, just to endure this noise. She had to finish this, no matter how big or scary that witch was. She nodded to herself, then jumped into action, running through the sea of paper and familiars toward the witch.

((Sorry for the delay! The textbook witch makes her appearance at last.))

Kathea, more than a tad annoyed the girls had run off ahead of her, sawed off a piece of fabric from her bow and stuffed it in her left ear, the same side as her sword hand so she didn't have to hold her ear. It was still deafening, more than when her palms were cupped against her head, but at least this way she could fight. Holding her katana, she ran down the hall, the click of her shoes hitting the ground inaudible compared to the screech of the familiars. Speak of the devil, here was one, with a pastel-pink body and a highlighter-yellow beak-thing. She stabbed its head, her hand almost slipping off her right ear. She winced but kept following the others, as her own pain was irrelevant. She needed to catch up with them or she would die.

Kathea worked best with partners. Her brother, now maybe Siena, and anyone who decided not to murder her and was a Magi. Generous as always, she did share the seed after taking her fill and tended to let the other Magi fight if they wanted to. She was no tank, after all, but her size and speed helped her be a stealth fighter. She also knew a bit of martial arts, but she mostly used her katana and her power. Speaking of which, she sent a beam of dazzling, blinding light at an aquamarine familiar, stunning it before she took it out with her sword. She ran after Ashley, only to become lost. She ran down the path she thought the girls went down, only to be swarmed with stick people and a giant pair of scissors heading toward her. She panicked, running back. She held up her katana as if to block the scissors, but they didn't come for her just yet. She looked up, and what she saw both fascinated and terrified her. In a large, echo-hollow room there sat a giant version of the familiars. She watched Ashley charge in, but Kathea just stood there, staring.

((If I'm not allowed to do anything with the witch, ignore everything after this.~~~))

Distracted, Kathea dropped her katana as a familiar charged her. Acting on impulse, she shot a beam of light at it, then kicked it down. The clatter from her sword dropping was loud enough that the witch heard it, or maybe the witch just sensed a disturbance, but it turned to her, causing her to freak out silently. She grabbed her sword, holding it up to protect herself. She was shaking a bit. The enormous witch towered over her, and she was about to attack it when---

"Seth Kreuger." he replied.

Zachy nodded in response and gave a firm handshake. Seth's body temperature seemed to be slightly above average, she noted. Well, it wasn't really a surprise, since he had the powers of the flames, so it would be only natural that it appeared in him somehow. Suddenly, a shrill sound cut through the silent night, making both of them jump. Looking around wildly for some horrendous monster to jump at them, Zachy suddenly realized what the sound was, and started laughing. It was her phone.

Rummaging through her training bag while listing some mild curses, she pulled out her phone and answered it.

"Hallo?" Zachy panted. She hadn't even checked who it was, but the voice at the other end of the line was very familiar - and angry. Her smile wiped off faster than the pace in which the voice was speaking on the other end.

"Zachy, do you have ANY idea what time it is?! Where are you?!" her mother literally roared. Zachy's stomach lurched and she peeked quickly at her phone's clock. She should've been home half an hour ago. For some parents, half an hour was nothing. But for Zachy's parents... It was as if they were living in some sort of a danger area where you couldn't be outside after seven in the evening.

"Sorryyy, I kinda lost track of time-" she tried to sound natural, as if nothing was amiss.

"No excuses, young lady! How many times have you 'lost track of time' this month? I swear, if you've been hanging out with the wrong people, I'll make sure that you won't leave this house for anything but school!"

"Ma, it's okay. I just had to help my archery teacher to clean up the hall - there were some newbies and they made a mess," Zachy said quickly; it wasn't entirely a lie, she had helped her archery teacher clean up a bit, but she really wasn't looking forward in getting trouble. So a little lie wouldn't hurt anyone.

"You head home straight away now and we'll have a talk. I'm sure your father wants to hear your excuses." With a soft click, Zachy's mom closed the line. Zachy sighed deeply and rubbed her temples. Her mother got angry easily, but also forgave as quickly. Her father wouldn't yell at her, he would just look very disappointed and say he had expected better. She would mutter sorry and say she would do better - and then she had to go witch-hunting and come home late. Again. This had repeated a couple of times already and her parents were getting really worried. They would never say it out loud, but they feared their rascal girl was doing something illegal every night. This was not going to end well, since she couldn't say she was some magical wind-girl, for goodness's sake!

"Perkele," she cursed softly in Finnish and was about to put her phone into her bag, before she thought of something. Lifting her phone, she looked at Seth.

"Hey, if you don't mind getting some annoying company for witch-hunting, we could, you know, share some contact info? I mean, if you like going solo, that's totally fine! But we could share the Grief Seeds and stuff and..." Zachy shrugged. "Sorry, I just find it so boring - and dangerous at times - to fight alone. I totally get it if you don't wanna share info." Way to go, she thought to herself. She was probably annoying the ever-loving crap out of Seth.

Edited by Gildraug

"Time to finish this off!" Anthony shouted as a gigantic shriken star appeared in his hand, even bigger than he was. The witch was still distracted, so he had a clear shot. Not that it was necessary, because his special ability gave him near-perfect accuracy. He threw it, and it cut the witch in two. As the labrynth collapsed, he jumped up and retrieved the grief seed before it hit the ground. He turned back into his civilian form, and touched the grief seed to his soul gem, watching it glow brighter. Once he was finished, he tapped the gem and it went back to ring form. The air was still fresh with witches that night, but he was tired, and he decided to let the other Magi in the city handle it. He had to cross the park on the way home, and he noticed two other teenagers there, despite the time. Out of curiosity, he called out, "hey!" to flag them down, and then walked up and asked, "Why are you two out here this late?"

Seth tried to hide his shock at the sudden intrusion of the ringing. Given what they just went through and the suddenness of everything returning to normal, it was natural for him to be shocked. After all, he just had his guard up; fighting a witch and was now in the presence of another Magi, whose intentions were unclear to him. The natural event of a phone ringing just seemed out of place at that moment.

As quickly as Zachy's smile disappeared, did a smile appear on Seths face. Unbeknownst to Zachy; or maybe she knew but did not care. Seth could overhear the angry voice on the other end of the line; the ladies voice loud enough that Seth could distinguish word for word throughout the silence that encompassed the park

As she finished, Seth did his best to hide the smirk on his face. A good show after a hard fought battle was always a good reward, especially one as humorous as that. To see a magi; who he knew full well had a lot of power, be reduced to an ordinary highschool girl on the other end of a parents rant in the blink of an eye was a rare treat.

"I'd take your contact info, just to get a chance to witness another one of those 'conversations" he replied, doing his best to suppress his laughter. "I'm assuming that was your mother?"

"I'd take your contact info, just to get a chance to witness another one of those 'conversations'. I'm assuming that was your mother?"

Zachy could see that Seth was holding back his laughter out of politeness. That was nice of him, she thought, since she herself was feeling slightly down from this encounter.

"Yeah, 'twas my dearest mother," Zachy replied sarcastically as she wrote down her phone number on her phone screen and handed it to Seth. "She gets worried so easily. I mean, I understand why, but..." Zachy shrugged.

"I don't usually get into much trouble, but my parents are determined to keep me on the 'right path'," she added with a short laugh, her good humor returning. Even though the looming event of the talk with her parents wasn't exactly thrilling, Zachy decided it wouldn't be a big deal.

After they had changed contact information, Zachy thanked Seth and put her phone back into the pack and smiled apologetically.

"I must run now, or my parents are going to skin me," she said. "Bye for now! Be sure to call me if you wanna go hunting!" Zachy continued as she started to run, waving a hand in farewell. Summoning a tiny whirlwind to aid her, she was home a few minutes earlier than if she had ran.

A looming shadow stood in front of the door and Zachy grimaced. Her mother stood before her, an irritated tapping of her feet cutting the silence. Then it stopped.

"Good that you made it safe," her mother said simply and turned back inside. "Could you at least try to make it home in time? Your dinner has cooled down."

Zachy was too stunned. Wait, was that it? What about the lecture about the fact that she was a 'responsible young lady'? Walking inside their moderately fancy house designed by a Finnish architect dad knew, she was waiting for the bomb to detonate and start yelling at her. But nothing happened. Her father greeted her from the table, where he was solving a Sudoku, and offered a voileipä. At that moment, Zachy realized how famished she was and ate the sandwich with great enthusiasm.

"So, how was your day?" her dad asked while he wrote a couple of numbers into the Sudoku.

"It was awesome," Zachy said with a grin and ate the last of the sandwich.

The spikes in Siena's knuckles tore through minion after minion. Maybe it was just her imagination, but killing those strange, loud things actually felt like it was making the gigantic cacophony tune down a bit. This motivated her to continue, until she realized the sound was, in fact, not dimming out at all - and then she heard a loud, metallic screech coming from ahead.

"ASHLEY? KATHEA?" She yelled at the top of her lungs, knowing it was no good. All she could do was rush forth and hope that no one had done anything rash.

She finally arrived at the large room where the witch was dormant. Well - not exactly dormant. In the flash of an eye, it had turned to Kathea, who looked so tiny in comparison, and was about to attack her.

"Nope, not on my watch." Not even Siena could hear her own voice, but it was stronger than her to speak pointlessly like that. She threw herself at the witch full blast, jumping and aiming her spiked fist at its ... uh, face? Scissor. Aiming her fist at its scissor. She landed next to the grey-clad magi, waiting for the witch's reaction. "WATCH OUT NEXT TIME!" She yelled again; being pretty close to Kathea, maybe she'd actually be able to listen this time.

pfppdfpf,,, sorry for the short post guys, let's get this show back on the road))

The other two kids walked off, and Anthony shrugged. He picked up a wisp of magic, and he got a fleeting suspicion that they were Magi. He didn't know for sure, because he'd never met another Magi before, so he dismissed it as his imagination. What wasn't his imagination, however, was the strong glow his Soul Gem was giving off, and was getting brighter as he got closer to the school. He headed inside, and after getting lost a few times, he finally got to the barrier. He felt magic - Magi magic, not witch magic - around it, so there was probably a Magi already inside. Anthony went in anyways, and was hit by a MAJOR wall of noise. It was so bad, that he cut off part of the bandage that was holding his gauntlet on and stuffed it in his ear. He booked it through the barrier, trying to find the other Magi. The witch residing inside was powerful, and the Magi might be in trouble. Eventually, he found the witch, and not one, but three Magi. At least he thought thy were, he couldn't see well from his position. Just to be sure, he conjured three shuriken stars, and whispered, "Dummy shuriken", and threw them. The stars landed by the other Magi, and where they hit, perfect replicas of himself appeared. He watched patiently, to see whether the Magi would attack the dummies or try to befriend them.

Kathea shrieked but then smiled and dodged quickly. "Thanks, Siena!" She called as she dodged out of the Witch's path. A person appeared next to her. "WHO ARE YOU?" She called out loudly. "IF YOU'RE A MAGI, HELP US KILL THIS THING! IF YOU'RE A HUMAN YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HEAR ME ANYWAY!" She shouted, grabbing her sword. She turned to Siena. She had a person near her too- an exact replica of the person in front of her. She gasped inaudibly. Okay, it obviously wasn't real. She held her katana held tightly in her swordhand, and looked at it, then gasped again. There was another boy by Ashley, and another on his own, watching the three. She slashed the dummy and ran up to the boy. "HELP US GODDAMMIT OR GET OUT OF OUR LABYRINTH!" She cried as she ran past him, stabbing a familiar and using the impaled figure to grab the attention of the Witch, and stabbing it in what she believed was the eye.

Anthony could tell the magi in the grayish outfit wasn't hostile, although she was a little rude, and assumed the other two weren't either. He snapped his fingers, and the dummies disappeared in a puff of smoke, and he leaped down in front of the yelling one. He then used telepathy to say, "Sorry about that. I was checking to see if you were hostile. Name's Anthony. And also, Magi can communicate telepathically, you know." I he waved his arm, and a bunch of shuriken stars appeared, and flew at the witch with near perfect accuracy.

All things considered, Ashley was doing pretty well.

She charged at the witch's body. She couldn't reach its head without some fancy jumping maneuvers she wasn't sure she could pull off, but if she managed to hit this metal strip hard enough, she figured it'd have to double over and crash. This labyrinth seemed to follow the laws of physics so far. Maybe she was a little tired, but - no. No, she wasn't. She couldn't be tired; what a silly thought. Correction: maybe the noise was getting to her a little, but her head was clear, she had a plan, and she had two other girls to back her up. Now all she had to do was swing, and -

user posted image

The witch shifted, lunging past her, and she had to drop to the floor to avoid the glinting-sharp edges of the metal strip. She twisted - that girl in gray had arrived and the witch was going for her! With a growl, she crawled aside and stood back up as yet another metallic screech sounded behind her. A flash of purple - Siena had intervened. "Hang on, I'm coming!" She shouted, hefting her mace, but was interrupted yet again by some kind of ninja person popping up in front of her out of the blue. She shrieked and swung her mace at it instinctively. It fell, and she was greeted with another completely identical ninja guy standing in front of her friends. She blinked.

user posted image

Sorry about that. I was checking to see if you were hostile. Name's Anthony. And also, Magi can communicate telepathically, you know.

user posted image

Oh, another Magi. The guy in question shot a few ninja stars at the witch. It twisted and avoided one flying toward its body and several more went clear through its wings, seemingly having had no effect. The ones going to its head hit their mark, however, and the metallic screeching started up again as paper dust leaked out from its new wounds. There was an unnaturally loud clink as one of its screw eyes fell to the ground. Ashley stared at the scene for a second before remembering her task. Hey, easy for you to say! I can hardly hear myself think, she huffed at the newcomer telepathically, before swinging her mace at the witch's body.

user posted image

Somehow it worked better than she had been expecting. The hit sent the witch reeling and scraps of paper flew through the air. Its head was coming at her fast, and she swung yet again. The screaming user posted image became louder - anuser posted imaged somehow it sounded almost user posted image human - and - user posted image

With a final whine, the cacophony died down and Ashley's ears were left ringing at the sudden lack of noise. They were back in the classroom. A single Grief Seed sat beside her mace. With a long sigh of relief, she untransformed, collapsing to her knees with her Soul Gem in one hand. She glanced at it and did a double-take. It was almost half black. It had been full just that morning! How was that even possible? She must have spent a ton of magic just enduring that awful noise. She stood quickly, transforming it back into a ring and taking two steps backward before anyone else could get a good look at it. "Uh, you guys can have this one. There's four of us, yeah? Probably not safe if we all use it, this thing might hatch again, and - heh - god knows I never want to deal with that ever again." She tried to smile with moderate success. "I've still got one at home that has one or two uses left in it, so don't worry about me! I've spent way too long in this school already. It's Friday night, for heck's sake!" With a final wave, she sprinted out of the room.

((Wait is that true?!?!? They can speak telepathically?!?!?!?!?))

The girls and Anthony had finally defeated the witch. "Whew," she said as she sat down, untransforming and taking off her hoodie. "Oh, right!" She fished in her pocket and pulled out her phone. She called up her brother as Ashley left. He answered when she noticed that her gem was dark. Too dark. Not... not despairing dark, but if tried to kill another witch she would despair. "Holy censorkip.gif!" She cried as her brother answered.

"Hey, Thea. Watch your mouth." He snickered on the other end.

"Shut up, Cas. It's my ge- Nevermind. Um, I'm with Siena from school and Ashley just left. We killed a witch, and I'm beat. Can't go huntin' with you tonight. Sorry..."

"Well that sucks. Well, wanna get pizza with me later anyway?"

"Yeah sure. Lemme just wrap up here first."

"Alright. Love ya, Thea."

"See you later, Cas."

She hung up. "Uh, yeah. So, that was my brother Castien. Um, do you mind if I cleaned my gem first? Or- or you can, Siena... But I don't think Ninja over here's got first rights to it."

As the labyrinth around her vanished and Siena found herself back in the classroom - she could tell it was very late; the last remnants of sunlight were long gone, the only source of light outside being the bright round moon - she pressed her forehead hard with her thumb and index finger, cursing inaudibly at her own stupidity. "Holy damn, the telepathy. How could I have forgotten that?!" She gruntled. "Okay kids, I'm off. Kathea, you can take the first use - or all uses, anything's fine with me. Although I don't think he" She pointed at their party crasher, the ninja magi. "has any right to it at all, I'm not one to not share. So you kids be nice to each other, aight? See ya!" Returning to her civillian form - after all, cutoffs and her old beaten up sneakers were better for running than her uptight magi clothes - she burst into a sprint.

Aria would probably scold her when she got home. Although the two twins didn't speak to each other much since the incident, Siena knew Aria worried, and boy, she'd get the yelling of her life. With any luck, she'd find some old grief seed lying around on one of her shelves or her bags. They did seem to pop up around here and there mysteriously; Siena never figured what the heck was up with that.

A bell rang at the Montuori's mansion, and Aria faintly heard the familiar tone of her sister's voice giving some excuse to the maid who opened the door. Typical. The tanned girl climbed the stairs to Aria's - well, it was their shared bedroom - room, and started rummaging through the shelves frantically in search of something. With a deep, very bothered sigh, Aria tossed a closed package of potato chips at Siena's head. The other girl looked as if she'd seen an angel, and quickly buried her face in the bag, giving strange sounds of enjoyment and chewing louder than Aria would have liked. "Skipping dinner is not healthy." Those were the only words of Aria that graced Siena's ears before the girl turned off her bedstand light, making the whole room go dark. Kicking off her sneakers, Siena tucked herself into bed - still dressed and eating, yes; her bed was not the cleanest place, so why start now? - and gave a barely understandable, full mouthed "good night". Tomorrow she'd have to fill up her shelf's food stash.

okay guys i am going to timeskip to saturday but you guys can make a final post about your characters going home if you wanna))

Her sister was a tardy mess. Aria looked at the fully dressed girl who lay in her bed, half of her face full of potato chip crumbs that had gotten glued to it over the course of the night. God, what had she done to deserve such a mess of a sister? Aria tied up her lace-patterned boots, preparing to go out. Generally on weekends she would stay home and read, but those Magi she had seen the day before were worrying her. Better get looking for them before they would cause her trouble. She dressed a small beige cardigan over her floral patterned jumper, and adjusted the pink ribbon on her shirt's collar. "I am going out. I will be back before dinner." Those were the few words she spoke before storming out, leaving the maid who had listened with no possibility to reply. The town's streets were no mystery to Aria, but at the same time, she was not sure of where she should head. The park seemed like a good starting point; after all that had been where she ran into those Magi the day before.

"Ayyy, no, don't throw that at meeeGRHAH!" A loud thump could be heard in the Montuori house as Siena's dream was cut short and she fell into the ground. "Oww crap... that was nasty." She got up, rubbing her head. It would most likely not leave a mark, but it was never nice to fall like that. Preparing to get yelled at by Aria for disrupting her peace, Siena was visibly surprised when she was met with only silence. Aria wasn't there. Her slippers and pajamas were neatly folded on top of her closet, suggesting she had gone out. Aria? Outside? Something had to have happened. Siena was aware of the other witch of the night before, so maybe something had happened with Aria at that time. What a mystery. Regardless, the girl was planning to go out, herself. What kind of weekend would be spent at home? And she was already dressed, too! Shaking off the crumbs from her face and putting on her sneakers, Siena ran out the front door. "I'M GOING OUT!" She rushed in direction to the town plaza, where the main shopping street was, hoping she'd run into one of the Magi from the day before.

((And for my going-home post.))

Kathea nodded. She looked at the boy, cleaning her gem. "So I'm Kathea, call me Thea, call me Kat or Kitkat and I will kill you. I'm a Magi, my power is lightbending. I've got an overprotective twin brother who is also a Magi. What's up." She tossed him the seed, having finished cleansing her pale purple-y grey Soul Gem. "I've gotta go soon, feel free to take the seed home. It's probably only got one more use anyway before we should give it back to an incubator." She checked her watch. "7:30 pm," she said, "Man. Time sure flies when you're avoiding death."

Edited by MyaMouse

((Hello fellows! I'm new, my character just got approved. Her name is Uta Ayano feel free to check her out. My second post will be a response to the time skip this is just what she has been doing tonight/next morning))

A circle of intricate design illuminated pink to those with the eyes to see it shatters like glass! Shades too light to find earth’s physics appealing bust out words and fade along with the body of an adolescent girl. Everything was fading seal included.

Ayano came next, falling out of the skyskrappers’s wall and landing with dull thud on another roof top. Here she kneels crumpled on her knees, hand over her heart a weak light slipping through it’s crevices her fingers make.

“That was a close one~” The high sing song voice of Kyuubi makes itself known as the alien creature daintily trots up to the fallen magica.

The girls breath is rough mouth fully open in desperate need of air. Her hand opens the corrupted glimmer of pink twinkles.

“She almost got you that time!~”

Shaky laughter comes from a tear streaked face to weak to speak.

“If you keep on fighting like this. You are going to die!” The feminine creature is as cheerful always thought she could hear a pout in his voice tonight. “You're pretty weak~ I’m sure you will get eaten in soon~” He appears to be disappointed.

Ayano chuckles, long strands of pink hair dusting her wrists as she, wobbling to her feet, makes her way home. It is full dark but the city lights are everywhere artificial yellow silhouetting the girl.

“You better use that freebie I gave you or you are going to despair and fail all those people~”

The magic unbinds around the girl returning her to civilian attire a sad smile on her face. Everything, everything is so beautiful here. “I guess you are right!” She beams like a sunset and bolts home. Tonight it was only a familiar.

….The door makes a soft double click clack as she unlocks it looking warily at the clock as she trudges to her bedroom. 3:10am. Slipping off her shoes with tired practice she steps onto the off white carpet walking past the study the faint glow of a computer screen and the crumpled sleeping figure of her brother. With a tired smile she steps into the room unfolds the orange wool quilt she keeps there and pulls it over him. “Night Night oniisan~” And finally dragging herself to Her own room to open the little diary. First she unlocks the one with a box inside and removes the grief seed. It mostly clears her soul gem. She tosses the empty metal thing towards her window sill where the pink eyed demon absorbs. Then she settles herself down to take the notes she knows she must before finally collapsing in bed, journal still in hand.

School starts at seven but today is Saturday.

Edited by Traveler

Anthony replied, "I'm cool with it. I just thought someone might be in trouble. Besides, I cleaned my gem about an hour ago." He returned to his civilian form, and held up his soul gem. "And I'm an experienced Magi. I could do without cleaning my gem for a day or two."

((Sorry for the short post, I gotta go to bed))

Edited by MrSpyro