DustyBelle

Eclipse

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

i got some cool pictures today! played with colanders. ^_^

~

It looks beautiful!  :)

Edited by sh20000sh

I was in the path of totality and it was really incredible! I wasn't able to take any good photos with my crappy phone camera but it was amazing to see the light flares around the sun. The sky was dark enough that I could see a few stars and there were these rippling shadow effects that were cast on the ground just as totality started/ended.

We had clouds early in the eclipse, so after seeing it with just a tiny "bite" out of the sun we didn't see it again until it was probably about 50% covered. At its peak it had just about as much coverage as the picture serce2 posted here, but our skies were almost totally clear by then. The sun's light dimmed noticeably and the air got cooler. It was fascinating to me. We should be in or near the path of totality for the one in 2024 so I am hoping to be able to experience that. It sounds like that is a really awesome sight.

Edited by purplehaze

It was awesome! I think my area was estimated 80-90%. I borrowed some eclipse glasses at the start, but then my coworkers and I ended up grabbing a few sheets of developed xrays and viewing it through those. No idea if that was safe or not, but my eyes feel fine haha. 

I'm really disappointed I didn't see it, guess you could say it's a total eclipse of my heart?  /shot

Edited by Kiisekii

I just so totally missed it, but a lot of my coworkers got great pics. It really was an amazing thing to watch. Maybe next time.

It was a really neat experience, and I'm really glad I got to see it! It was really beautiful and I've never seen anything else wear the color orange as beautiful as the eclipse wore it!

I'll admit, tho. Before I looked up, I was really scared and even started crying, lmao. It was just really intimidating to me at first, but man!! I'm really glad I finally looked up! Definitely an experience that I will remember for as long as I can!~

Edited by Xeveren

Where I'm at in GA was 99.1, but that wasn't good enough for my bf and I, so we went up to north of Clayton, GA and experienced complete totality. I have never seen anything like it in my life. It was breathtaking. It was still, it went dark, crickets began, and when the sun peaked out, it was incredible; it looked like a diamond ring. Also we attempted to defeat the fire nation, but no luck.

There were no eclipse glasses where we're from, but they were selling for $130. We stopped in clayton, walked in ONE store and they were selling them for $3. It was a very lucky day for us! Additional luck was that there was total cloud cover, seconds before the eclipse started, the clouds COMPLETELY DISSIPATED. 

My bf and I WILL be traveling to northern Ohio or Texas for the 2024 one. :) 

Edited by Earth Gurl

I went to Hopkinsville, KY with a good friend to see the totality in the place with the longest duration. It was really, really cool and I'd say completely worth the trip.

It was beautiful.   They threatened us with clouds, but there were only a few sparse ones and they were not that close to the sun to affect anything.  The gradual temperature drop, an increase in the dimming and then a sudden decrease in light.  It did not look like late evening to dusk light...the character was somehow just different, maybe sharper and so that was cool too.  I noticed that the breeze was a bit stronger, and it seemed the humidity dropped some too.  (although I don't know that for sure.)  And seeing the corona was amazing.    And I get to do it all again in 7 years.

5BSlTkN.jpg

Edited by ainisarie