DustyBelle

Eclipse

October 8, 2014 I got up and walked the dog at around five am. It was a beautiful fullish moon. When I picked up my daughter at six ten (I was late), there was only the smallest of lower right crescent moons. I hadn't known we were due for a lunar eclipse. The moon totally disappeared on the way home. I still can't find it, lol. In the south we still have mostly full leaved trees.

It was gorgeous. A Blood moon too! Anyone else see it this morning or another one some other night or day? Lunar was are the best as you can see them without risking your eyesight.

I was too far away ;~;

I wish I could've seen it though. It sounds cool!

I've seen a few lunar eclipses over the years. For one, I was on the Connecticut shoreline, looking out over the water towards the moon. For the other, I was in North Carolina, way out in the back of beyond... the kind of place where "air pollution" meant the wind was blowing at you from the dairy farm up the road. My roomie's cat, normally the most antisocial critter ever, was so unnerved by the disappearing moon that she literally clawed her way up my leg (thankfully, I was wearing jeans!) to cuddle in my arms. Someone at the local rock station had some fun that night, playing Pink Floyd and timing things just right so that the line "I'll see you on the dark side of the moon" played just as the eclipse went total.

Someone at the local rock station had some fun that night, playing Pink Floyd and timing things just right so that the line "I'll see you on the dark side of the moon" played just as the eclipse went total.

That is incredibly awesome!

I was lazy and ignored my dad's repeated cries of "COME OUT AND SEE THE MOON!!" so that by the time I had to actually go out, I looked for it... and it was already gone. Welp. I missed all the fun parts. Have to wait for the next one I guess.

I saw it then went to bed before it could get real red. however when I did check it out, it was getting into clouds. I count myself lucky for getting to see it. quite impressive

I called my husband at work to tell him to take a gander.

Very impressive, I tried to get a picture but no luck.

I got up just to see it. It was fantastic.

In Science we are learning about Astronomy and how the Sun, Moon and Earth all interect with each other. My Science teacher told us that there was going to be a Lunar Eclipse on and that we should watch it.

It looked so pretty! Although it looked more brown-ish than red.

Edited by 0023567467

I knew there was going to be one today. I was going to see it, I even set my alarm so that I would know when to get up. After the alarm woke me up however, I couldn't remember why I had set it so early so I turned it off, set it to the time I was suppose to wake up for school and went back to bed.

The tears Q.Q

Edited by Lilraaos

I heard there will be solar eclipse in America. Unfortunately I can't see it tho. I always wanted to see full eclipse...

I live in Florida , where there will be a partial eclipse. Too bad TJ couldn't have released a dragon called "The Eclipse Dragon/Drake/Pygmy" that would've been cool to celebrate the anniversary of the 100 years coast to coast eclipse

I'm putting away my pets for the eclipse that'll happen today. I don't want them to look up and hurt their eyes. I wish I could check out the eclipse but I don't have any special glasses needed to see it. I'll be at school anyway, so I don't even think I'll get the chance.

It's too bad the eclipse isn't going to show as a full one here because of the location. :mellow: Since it's also really cloudy I'm probably not going to see any of it at all. I saw a partial eclipse in 2015 which was cool though!

For the solar eclipse today we are supposed to have about 75 to 80% coverage here, but it is clouding up so I'm not sure how much of it we will be able to see.

If you don't have the glasses there are directions all over the web for making a pinhole viewer to look at it indirectly. Can be as simple as two paper plates.

Edited by purplehaze

It's cloudy for me, plus I'll only see about 10% of it even if the sky were clear. Hopefully I can take a break from work to go see it, and the weather's broken by then.

Looks like it's going to be cloudy in my location, but it's not the totality so it's alright. Here's to 2024!

I was just outside for a 95% coverage.  I mostly used an indirect viewing box, but I did glance up a few times.  Blinking very fast got me an aftereffect of a crescent.  The pinhole view showever just a tiny fingernail sliver of light. 

Well, I can say I saw it.

This was the best picture I took of the eclipse in my area. Got lucky with the perfect cloud coverage, just enough so my phone wasn't overloaded with light. I did get to see it with shade 14 sunglasses though, so that's something.

Unfortunately, no totality in my area. 

IMG_0712.JPG

Edited by serce2

We were supposed to have like 71% coverage here, but it was really cloudy. I also didn't really see anything even when it wasn't cloudy, and no one around where I live seems to have seen anything,

I got some good pictures with my 3DS too! I was surprised we were able to see it! It was semi-foggy for us, which helped with viewing.

The local library handed out eclipse glasses for people to wear, and my stepdad got some and brought them home. I saw a partial coverage right before I had to go to work, it looked cool but not really worth all the hype, imo.

They projected the eclipse on the ground at school today. I barely got to see it because I was in class. I'll better prepare to see one in the future if I get the chance. Since I (obviously) didn't look up, the only perceived effect from the eclipse was having everything around me bathed in an orange light.