aa-kaiju

Homestuck Fantrolls

I've noticed quite a few Homestuck references around the forums, so I'm led to believe there are some Homestuck fans out there just itching to show off their pretty fantrolls, so here's a thread to do just that. But first, a few rules:

Rules:

• Do not leave spoilers about the actual Homestuck comic out in the open. At least give a BIG BOLD WARNING.
  • Do not bash on other people's fantrolls. If you don't like their character, keep it to yourself.
  • Try and keep the main information about your fantroll on one post. Do not spread your fantroll's bio throughout multiple posts. If you have multiple fantrolls, you may make more than one post strictly about their bio.
  • Do not RP as your fantroll on this thread. This is not an RP thread. If you want to RP as your fantroll, please take it elsewhere.

I will post information about my trolls as soon as people start posting/seem interested. Thank you!

There's already a Homestuck thread in Visual Media, and I couldn't find anything specific in the rules, but I think it's frowned upon to discuss specific works in General Discussion. ovo If you think this thread is necessary maybe PM a mod to have it moved there?

Hah oh man I have dozens of these guys. (Literally, my friend and I worked on a session for a while and we had like...30 total?? Mostly in the form of unfinished ideas, and most of them were terrible, but there are a few I still really like.) I really need to do more Homestuck stuff - up for a roleplay at some point? Gimme a few hours to scrounge up all of Tomoph and Cortsa's data I want in on this.

There's already a Homestuck thread in Visual Media, and I couldn't find anything specific in the rules, but I think it's frowned upon to discuss specific works in General Discussion. ovo If you think this thread is necessary maybe PM a mod to have it moved there?

Honestly, I looked for a Homestuck thread and didn't find one. I used the search option tho, and even then I assumed a thread specifically for fantrolls would be more accurate..

But I can admit to having not a single idea where this thread should go, LOL. I will PM a mod about where it should belong, I actually thought mods reviewed the new forum threads. Anyone in particular I should PM?

Also, I am interested to hear about your fantrolls!

I had a session of 12 trolls I never completely designed...I picked favorites and focused on them and came up with a storyline for them but not the others, whoops.

I had this grand whole idea too, yet I never did a damn thing with it.

Sure, I might be up for RP. Let me think it over a little bit.

Moved to Multimedia

Fantrolls are cool I have fankids instead I'm terrible

Moved to Multimedia

Fantrolls are cool I have fankids instead I'm terrible

Thanks! No, fankids are awesome too. I had plans to make some of them. I should edit my main post to fantrolls and fankids so it's a little more open. I'll do that later tonight, promise. You should definitely post some of your ideas for your fankids!

Ok fantroll masterlist

(personality descriptions/bios will be here tomorrow. It's almost 12 and I need sleep.)

Tomoph Meylis - surprisingly creepy amateur entomologist

(Tomoph from entomophagy/eating bugs, Meylis from meles, the genus name for badgers)

Blood colour: Brown

Symbol: I'll be back with a sprite

Trolltag: abberantSwarm [AS]

Quirk: Replaces o with >o< (and oo with >oo<, etc.) t>o< pay h>o<mage t>o< his bug friends!

Lusus: a big badger-anteater thing. 70% fluff, 90% grumpiness, 100% adorable.

Strife specibus: none, uses psionics in battle. His power is to "commune" with insects and other small arthropods. The thing is, most insects aren't that intelligent, so he can basically control them. Swarms at a time. And these are terrifying Alternian insects we're talking about.

Title: Prince of Life - one who destroys with life and destroys life. His god tier power mainly manifests as a huge boost to his psionics; as a purely destructive class he's not going to get much mileage out of his healing powers, if he gets any at all. Princes are kind of a terrible class why would you ever want one in your session

Land: of Breeze and Treasuries. The landscape is largely cheery sunny savannah, dotted with abandoned castles resembling huge termite mounds. Inside, where the fungus gardens would be, the walls are studded with precious minerals and gemstones. A gentle breeze is constantly blowing through the area, creating whistling tones when it passes by the castles' air vents. Consorts are yellow salamanders who either wander the plains in groups or repurpose the old ruins as habitats.

Cortsa Yurali - adorable terror of the depths

(Cortsa = derived somehow from a backwards genus name for a starfish, I forget which now, Yurali = Euryale (no literally that's how Euryale is pronounced), one of the gorgon sisters)

user posted image

Blood colour: Violet

Symbol: Neptune's trident

Trolltag: benthicPressure [bP]

Quirk: Begins message with > and capitalizes only the letter Y, >because isn't her lusus so verY adorable??

Lusus: A fractalterror - a basket star with a single huge eye in the middle of its disc. The eye is about as tall as Cortsa is. Fractalmom sheds little tentacle pieces regularly and Cortsa keeps a collection of them in her hive.

Strife specibus: tridentkind

Title: Maid of Void - haven't put as much thought into her title, but it ties a bit into her avoidant nature. She deals with problems by running from them, and hasn't yet had to find another strategy because she's good at it, and Void powers have only helped.

Land: of Ponds and Pistons. The entire planet is dark indigo rock, dotted with perfectly circular ponds of various sizes. On diving into them, one will find that they're all connected beneath the surface by a series of convoluted tubes and pumps made of some kind of brasslike material. They can all be pushed and adjusted to change water and land levels. The planet quest probably has to do with achieving a particular arrangement. Consorts are pink turtles; they fall into the ponds a lot and have to be rescued, so settlements of non-distressed turtles where one can buy fraymotifs are pretty rare.

Sachar Ailcei - not a real scientist

(Sachar = saccharine/sugar, Ailcei = something about another language's word for "alchemist"? Wow I need to re-look up all my sources)

Muizie Togram - 50% of an endless passive-aggressive war for shiny things

(Muizie = I forget now, something about a thief, Togram = Margot backwards; magpie etymologically comes from "pied margot")

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

I *hate* Homestuck and I think the fantrolls are ridiculously and annoyingly overdone (much like ponies, actually, though I love MLP and sadly have my own OCs OTL) but I love some of the fanart and fantrolls. <333 Even kinda wanna draw my own just because I like the designs I've seen.

..And I'm just a sucker for the trolls' default color scheme.