sparkle10184

Betta Fish

If 2 males are in a tank together, they will fight to the death.

Yeah, they're territorial. Some people watch them fight for amusement I think. My dad said when he was little he and his friends would do what I just mentioned, I don't know if he was joking or not but I still called him out for it. Its an awful thing to have animals or anything suffer for your own amusement.

If you have a male and a female in a tank, and they have babies. You will have to separate the males ASAP!!!

Yeah, the father will either eat them or try to kill them (something grotesque like that) right?

They fight to the death!

If you have a male and a female in a tank, and they have babies. You will have to separate the males ASAP!!!

Males and females shouldn't be left together period, especially after breeding. The male chases off and harasses the female. Leave the dad with the bubblenest, remove the female to another tank. Once the fry (babies) are free-swimming (ie, not sinking to the bottom and making dad pick them back up so they don't "drown"), remove the dad. As soon as you can identify the males, separate them. female fry can generally be raised communally with success.

Males and females shouldn't be left together period, especially after breeding. The male chases off and harasses the female. Leave the dad with the bubblenest, remove the female to another tank. Once the fry (babies) are free-swimming (ie, not sinking to the bottom and making dad pick them back up so they don't "drown"), remove the dad. As soon as you can identify the males, separate them. female fry can generally be raised communally with success.

Thank you Fizzix....I appreciate that.

Ah! I have a betta! She's got no scale colour except for a few flecks of black by her gills, which is pretty interesting since I've never had a betta like that before. Because of her colour (or..lack thereof? I dunno-- it's like that yellowy-colour that a betta fry is), I decided to name her Fury.

Fury is a reference to Bahamut Fury, which is a golden Bahamut from FF7...yeah, surprising, I know. x'D

I have her in a 2.5 gallon tank with a few stone 'lanterns' and bamboo. I also have a marimo ball in there named Bahamut. Fury likes to eat her food off of it and roll it around the tank.

I've got a pretty red crowntail boy named Imperiad. He's my fourth betta. He's joined by 5 neon tetra, and they all share a 5 gallon tank with a couple of green and red plants, a neon cave, a red bridge, and some marbles.

It tends to get cool in my room a lot, either from the outside temperature or from me running the A/C in the summer, so we got him a small heater after cold temperatures were the presumed death of the pretty purple crowntail with translucent fin lining before him.

If I can get more tanks or if he...dies, then I would be happy to get a white betta. I've always wanted one.

I have a light blue, super delta(or halfmoon) named Renley. I named him after King Renly from Game of Thrones. He is my second Betta and lives in a 5.5 gallon tank with a heater and a filter. Renley is the most active fish I've ever seen. He is almost always swimming and follows my finger if I put it up to the glass. laugh.gif His coloration is so much more vibrant now than when I first bought him. I really love betta fish, and I wish people wouldn't keep them in bowls.

I've had quite a few Bettas in my life while growing up. Currently I have two males, one a white/light bluish pattern and the other dark red. They don't have names though, but I'm not going to lie, it's pretty addicting to have them. I think what I want to do is buy a few more to place around the house to have a more "zen" feel.

They are very beautiful fish and if I got some pet fish Betas would be my choice...or glow fish. x3

I'd love to get one that's like a deep sapphire blue. The only reason I haven't gotten one is because of my cats. You've seen the two cats in Lady and the Tramp when they go after the goldfish, right? 'nuff said.

What I do know is that if I were to buy one I'd never get it from Walmart. They sell them in mine and it's heart-breaking to see how they're kept. In little plastic containers with no filtration, no way for the water to rotate and they just sit there and don't hardly move. I didn't even think they were real at first when I noticed them for the first time. It made me really sad for them. sad.gif

They are very beautiful fish and if I got some pet fish Betas would be my choice...or glow fish. x3

I'd love to get one that's like a deep sapphire blue. The only reason I haven't gotten one is because of my cats. You've seen the two cats in Lady and the Tramp when they go after the goldfish, right? 'nuff said.

What I do know is that if I were to buy one I'd never get it from Walmart. They sell them in mine and it's heart-breaking to see how they're kept. In little plastic containers with no filtration, no way for the water to rotate and they just sit there and don't hardly move. I didn't even think they were real at first when I noticed them for the first time. It made me really sad for them. sad.gif

Um, Most stores sell Betas like that. petsmart does as well and every fish place I've seen. Betas are beautiful though, they breath oxygen so the rotation isn't needed.

I need to get a new one, probably a dragoncrown instead of a normal. The difference is their tails are longer and more decorative

Um, Most stores sell Betas like that. petsmart does as well and every fish place I've seen. Betas are beautiful though, they breath oxygen so the rotation isn't needed.

I need to get a new one, probably a dragoncrown instead of a normal. The difference is their tails are longer and more decorative

Really? And the fish are okay? I just didn't think it was right since right next to where they were kept was the other fish who were allowed to swim in the small tanks freely.

my mother's betta died a few days ago. She is sad. I will have to get her a new betta soon. I want to find a nice one, perhaps a half moon for her.

If 2 males are in a tank together, they will fight to the death.

You're wrong on that. Yes two males will fight each other. BUT they will get along with other fish smaller then themselves. Anything bigger and they will fight with anything.

You're wrong on that. Yes two males will fight each other. BUT they will get along with other fish smaller then themselves. Anything bigger and they will fight with anything.

It's not about the size of the fish. It's about the personality of the individual betta. There are general guidelines when it comes to betta tankmates, but few rules set in stone.