sparkle10184

Betta Fish

Any betta owners or lovers?

I have a red veiltail betta named Watermelon biggrin.gif

I love em.

I have mine in a 10 gallon. Yup I spoil him.

I got him from aquabid.com

i once had a betta fish i named fishy 0u0

I love em.

I have mine in a 10 gallon. Yup I spoil him.

I got him from aquabid.com

I have mine in a 10g too! He's in there with some guppies and a snail smile.gif

I have mine in a 10g too! He's in there with some guppies and a snail smile.gif

Aren't betta fish considered aggressive though? As in, wouldn't it try to kill the guppies?

Edited by KoalaNoob

I've had a few (at different times) and loved them. I want to get one for my college dorm but that has yet to happen

I have a copper halfmoon with solid red pelvic fins. His name's Mizuiro and I keep him in a 2.5 gallon with a heater, nice hidey place, and a fake plant he loves to lay in.

I had a few Betta fish over the years.

My sister had one for her 16th birthday, but she was more interested in boys/her friends to take care of it, so it became mine. He lived for quite a long time, he died when my sister was 21 from old age. My cousin had one that she couldn't take care of, so she gave it to me. He jumped out of his fishtank one night when we were sleeping, frying himself on a heater sad.gif.

My last betta fish was Zora, sadly he died a few months ago from an unknown illness, and I miss him terribly. He was actually the first fish that I bought myself. Here's a picture of Zora.

I have plans on getting another Betta sometime in the future, but as of right now don't have the money to actually GET one. They are beautiful little fish that's for sure smile.gif.

Male and Female, only have pictures of my female the male hides in his private 2.5 gallon tank with his snail buddy xd.png

Phazzy: |1| |2| |3|

Look at her spines look at themmmm

Aren't betta fish considered aggressive though? As in, wouldn't it try to kill the guppies?

Different bettas, different personalities. They're aggressive towards other bettas (although large female sororities are possible) but some bettas can kept in community tanks. My Watermelon is very mellow and barely notices the guppies smile.gif

Different bettas, different personalities. They're aggressive towards other bettas (although large female sororities are possible) but some bettas can kept in community tanks. My Watermelon is very mellow and barely notices the guppies smile.gif

Same. Mine is with some dwarf frogs, mini cory catfish and a dojo loach. They'll even share their food and not chase each other off.

I've never had them but had a friend who had one, just beautiful! I hate how though every time I go someplace like Walmart or Pet Lovers they are always dead, and they were in such small containers. I told my mom I was going to start a campaign for them called "Betta Care".

(The idea to use the name like that is so obvious that I wonder if there already is one. Well, sorry if there is.)

When I was 4, I got a Veiltail/Delta cross. His name was Bluebop. He was really, REALLY dark blue. I had him until I was 7.

I've never had them but had a friend who had one, just beautiful! I hate how though every time I go someplace like Walmart or Pet Lovers they are always dead, and they were in such small containers. I told my mom I was going to start a campaign for them called "Betta Care".

(The idea to use the name like that is so obvious that I wonder if there already is one. Well, sorry if there is.)

Ick, Walmart is the worse to get them.

Working part time at a pet store, I make sure the ones we carry are taken care of wonderfully.

I got a new betta today smile.gif it's a baby:

user posted image

From Petco.

its adorable! what're you gonna name it?

They're pretty. I don't own any, but my grandpa has two. He named them "Red Sushi" and "Blue Sushi". tongue.gif

its adorable! what're you gonna name it?

I decided on Mochi. <3

My sibling units decided they wanted a fish and convinced my mom to get a Betta. So yeah, we have one, but I was not informed we were getting one until they said "Come look at the fishy!"

I had a vinetail, I named him Violet even though he was a he. (xd.png) I remember was purpleish blue and a red purple when he got angry. I would love to get another betta fish, but I have a cat now.

I really want to get a betta for uni :3 I had an entire plan; I wanted a girl, I'd looked up the essentials, worked out the average costs for startup and monthly, figured how I was going to hide her my room, decided to name her Luna.

Now I kinda want a chinchilla :3 So I'm undecided atm. If I go to uni I get darling little Luna, if I take a gap year I'm getting a chinchilla ;D

If 2 males are in a tank together, they will fight to the death.

Edited by Rachel72