Melomancer

5 nights at freddys

Does anyone play five nights at freddys here? I'm surprised nobody's made a thread about this in this section. I played it and I screamed like a little girl and died to bonnie on my first night.

Not that bad, but it's the feeling of fear, paranoia and helplessness that scares you. The robots aren't even that scary, foxy is cool, chica is just adorable and Bonnie is cute most of the time. Freddys the only one that's really creepy. But anyway, it's not the jumpscares when you lose that get to you. It's how terrified you feel of them getting into the room and killing you.

Ah yes, this game. I've got a friend who bought it and he has streamed it for our chatroom. I like to joke that he beat 4/20, even though it doesn't actually count because it was all due to a glitch.

Said glitch suddenly made everything except the fan in the office and the door controls turn black. The monitor didn't work, doors didn't do anything, nada. It was just the void. Foxy's footsteps ran down the hallway and we heard the following scream, but my friend didn't die. Nothing happened. So we just stared at the fan until it timed out at 6am. :3

Dimar, did you post the stream on Youtube? I'd like to see the glitch, sounds cool. xd.png

You know a game is good when just watching a video of it makes me jump. And have nightmares about it. I watch horror games and creepypasta readings all the time and usually I'm not scared. xd.png

Dimar, did you post the stream on Youtube? I'd like to see the glitch, sounds cool. xd.png

I didn't, but I believe another friend was able to record part of it. I'll check the next time I see them and try to get it for you. tongue.gif

It's great for an indie game. I like that it makes use of suspense and tension-building to get its scary themes across, using your own mind to set you on edge you rather than fast-paced action. Even though the later nights are definitely fast paced in a way..

That said, it's really overhyped and spreading fast like any other fad game. A shame, since I feel that suspense-thriller-horror titles should be built upon their legacy and the things they do right, rather than how many "popular" youtubers are doing it or how fast it spreads on tumblr.

I don't know, it gets predictable and boring after a while. I found myself getting frustrated about completing all nights rather than scared. It's a good indie game, great concept, but not a very scary one IMO. And I get scared easily usually. Too much hype around it also doesn't help, since I was expecting truly horrifying things so I got a bit disappointed

I find it's a bit more creepy once you know the story behind it... basically a bunch of children were murdered and possessed the animatronics, and there's speculation a security guard murdered them which is why they're after you.

But you do get used to it after a while. xd.png

I can't handle this game D: I don't like feeling helpless and paranoid. XD It fills me with so much dread.

But then again this is coming from someone who doesn't even feel comfortable with at least a bagillion torches lighting up a cavern in Minecraft. :U

Foxy is my fave, though. He's only creepy to me when actually at Pirate Cove.

Chica is the worst she'ssoscary ;~; The teeth make for severe uncanny valley, though all of them have it.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

This game is meh. The feeling of suspense that puts you on-edge is fun, but it gets tedious and (a bit) predictable. Story's very creative, but has many flaws. Why is there enough power for security cameras all night, but not doors? Why do the cameras continue to run after power's out? Why not just wear a costume, to fool the robots? And why the heck does the main character... STILL DO THIS?!?

Overall, very fun jump scare game, not too awesome on replayability.

I haven't played it, but I like the story behind the game and also enjoy watching others play the game on Youtube. Especially the people who don't overreact in my definition of an overreaction.

Chica looks so creepy, she'd be nightmare fuel if I could remember my dreams. It's the teeth, the "Let's Eat" bib, and the big purple eyes. Yellow is supposed to be a happy colour, not the colour of something about to murder you. The other animatronics aren't that creepy to me, they all look too suspicious (as in, they look evil) to be creepy. Freddy's laugh is another story though, that deserves a creepy category all on its own.

This game is meh. The feeling of suspense that puts you on-edge is fun, but it gets tedious and (a bit) predictable. Story's very creative, but has many flaws. Why is there enough power for security cameras all night, but not doors? Why do the cameras continue to run after power's out? Why not just wear a costume, to fool the robots? And why the heck does the main character... STILL DO THIS?!?

Overall, very fun jump scare game, not too awesome on replayability.

The doors are electronically controlled so they can't just lift them up or break them down. And I read this theory that the restaurant owners are fully aware of the robots and what they do. (How could they not be?) and the guard isn't actually serving as a guard. Mike's the 'bait' to keep them in. He stops them from leaving and murdering everyone because they're too busy trying to kill him. So they don't give him a costume because then he would be safe and the animatronics would have nobody to be occupied with.

I like all the animatronics except Freddy and his golden counterpart. I find golden more scary than regular Freddy. Chica is sorta cute, even with the second set of teeth. Foxy is cool, and most of then time Bonnie is pretty cute too. Except for the times when Bonnie's eyes go all freaky. Freddy creeps me out because his eyes are always pinpricks when he's stalking you, and golden Freddy doesn't even have eyes. They're dark voids of evil and murder.

I didn't, but I believe another friend was able to record part of it. I'll check the next time I see them and try to get it for you. tongue.gif

Alright,

of it. There's no audio because we don't know what we're doing, but at least you can see how the fan is pretty much the only thing working. Pretty boring actually, as we just sat there until the time rolled over. x3

I *believe* there MIGHT still be the free demo out somewhere. o3o

Does the demo have a jump scare when you start the game like pirated versions?

The song that brown fuzzy censorkip.gif* Freddy plays is Toreador March. A cool sounding name that brings to mind music from cowboy movies, or a really creative dubstep song with elements from the former. But nope, it's a tinkly little melody that would be great in a nursery.

Maybe Mike is the toreador and the animatronics are the bulls. Unnerving, screechy bulls.

Does the demo have a jump scare when you start the game like pirated versions?

Uh, what? The demo was *official* so why would it have those...?

never played it, do not plan to because i react very badly to jumpscares, but ive watched it multiple times.

i have a love/hate relationship with it i guess.

im mostly curious what the sequel's going to be like right now.

im mostly curious what the sequel's going to be like right now.

Personally I'm really hoping it's going to be essentially a "prequel" of sorts (maybe featuring the Bite of '87 or something?), OR the very end of the existence of the restaurant.

Personally I'm really hoping it's going to be essentially a "prequel" of sorts (maybe featuring the Bite of '87 or something?), OR the very end of the existence of the restaurant.

i dont think it's a prequel since the caption for the first teaser image said "grand reopening", and the second teaser has a picture of a new, more modern looking animatronic. some people are saying it'll let you walk around the restaraunt with a monitor but i havent found an actual source for that. :V

Edited by Switch

i dont think it's a prequel since the caption for the first teaser image said "grand reopening", and the second teaser has a picture of a new, more modern looking animatronic. some people are saying it'll let you walk around the restaraunt with a monitor but i havent found an actual source for that. :V

Oh, ok! I haven't looked up any details so I didn't know. c:

There's actual G-Mods that will let you walk around the pizza place, it's actually really hilearous.