Melomancer

5 nights at freddys

Did you... see the gif? The TV screen clearly shows the four characters in the Toy suit colour schemes (including blue Bonnie) in a TV series clearly labeled Fredbear & Friends and dated 1983. Not Freddy, not Fazbear. Fredbear. It's in the show clear as day. I didn't miss anything. The "Toy animatronic" merchandise isn't of the Toy models at all. Those are toys of Fredbear and his friends as seen in the show.

user posted image

Fredbear & Friends

You also didn't give me any evidence to support your claim that these are the Toy models in the first place. You've failed to counter the fact that there is no sign of their existence within the pizzeria itself. FNAF2's location had posters of the characters on every wall, posters that are conspicuously and completely absent in FNAF4. There's absolutely no sign of any animatronics at all aside from Spring Bonnie and Fredbear. Show your work or you're arguing against the game itself.

The mangled Foxy toy is not a toy of the Mangle as seen in FNAF2. You don't make a toy of a jumble of broken pieces. Toys eventually become jumbles of broken pieces. It's a broken toy. A toy that looks suspiciously like it's been partially bleached and dissected for a teenager's "Science".

Your 'Evidence' fell apart at the red Foxy wearing an eyepatch and hook hand.

Fat chica just seals the deal.

The toy of the mangle has two heads. As does the mangle.

And finally, you willfully ignored my evidence, that you tried to counter, then claimed it didn't exist.

Edited by sailing101

Mangle is white with pink accents and the only non-endoskeleton bits are the main head, hands, and feet... so this thing still doesn't look like the actual Mangle.

two heads.

It's the mangle.

The low res. nature of the minigames requires the omission of details in some places, and given that the mangle was pink with White accents (if you compare the pattern of what we see to that of a real fox, the majority if it's body would have been pink) the mangle's color scheme is well represented.

Edited by sailing101

I'm not so sure... With the coloration we see, Mangle would've been mostly white if entirely costumed. Mangle's representation in 3's minigames was on point, and there are enough pixels in the design that there should have been white somewhere... and the arm should've been gray with a white hand.

There are two heads, yes... but room-Foxy is headless. I was originally going to say that it's the outside and the inside of room-Foxy's head, but we do see a neck poking out of the pink head. It also doesn't appear to have all of Mangle there, though, if it is supposed to be represented here.

So is this a very badly reproduced Mangle? Room-Foxy's bleached head plus bits from something else?

It could very well be that.

The brother is suggested to be a fan of the old Foxy. I'd think he'd find some Catharsis in wrecking anything to do with the "kid friendly' redesign.

I'm not so sure... With the coloration we see, Mangle would've been mostly white if entirely costumed. Mangle's representation in 3's minigames was on point, and there are enough pixels in the design that there should have been white somewhere... and the arm should've been gray with a white hand.

There are two heads, yes... but room-Foxy is headless. I was originally going to say that it's the outside and the inside of room-Foxy's head, but we do see a neck poking out of the pink head. It also doesn't appear to have all of Mangle there, though, if it is supposed to be represented here.

So is this a very badly reproduced Mangle? Room-Foxy's bleached head plus bits from something else?

Actually, if you look at the sprite, it very closely matches the image seen in the S-A-V-E T-H-E-M minigame as that one was pink as well. It also has the same arm and endoskeleton head seen in Mangle's Quest.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Moreover, Foxy would have an eyepatch, no? Besides, if it was a foxy toy that was taken apart, why would it have an endoskeleton inside? Unless it was a build it toy like Legos, manufacturers would avoid having hard pieces as they could be dangerous. The head is clearly an endoskeleton and it doesn't make much sense to have that there unless it is a Mangle toy.

user posted image

Edited by pudding

Hmm... It does look very similar to the S-A-V-E T-H-E-M Mangle, though it doesn't have the Mangle's Quest arm, it's got a pink one. The heads and arm are recognizable, with what I assume are a leg and the endoskeleton neck (or maybe a leg and the other arm), but I'm not sure what the other pink bits are supposed to be. The torso and other hand and feet, maybe? So strange.

So... *peers* The rest of the pink stuff is a leg?

Now, since that toy is basically confirmed as Mangle and not Foxy, it locks in the time frame as being 1987 or later and not 1983. More likely, the show that is on is a rerun of an older show, kind of like how on Boomerang for Cartoon Network they will show old shows. This is confirmed by the newspaper from the ending of FNAF2.

user posted image

The animatronics are described as new, meaning that they have only existed for a few weeks. Merchandise would not have been sold several years prior to the existence of the Toy animatronics. In fact, this probably occurs after FNAF 2 since in Night 5, Phone Guy says they are going to contact the original owners of the restaurant.

"Fredbear's Family Diner"

He says this was closed but in the newspaper above, it says they were going to retry again with a smaller budget. This meant that they were probably returning to the original location, hence why no other animatronics are seen in the cut scenes except the the golden ones but merchandise still exists for them.

Edited by pudding

Adding to this, there was only one security guard on duty on the day of the bite.

Jeremy Fitzgerald takes this role after the previous guard was made indisposed for unspecified reasons (perhaps being arrested for the murders)

In the fourth game, We see the Purple man, wearing a guards badge, helping someone put on Spring Bonnie.

This scene can only have occurred the day of the bite.

Do you see what I see here?

Your 'Evidence' fell apart at the red Foxy wearing an eyepatch and hook hand.

Fat chica just seals the deal.

And finally, you willfully ignored my evidence, that you tried to counter, then claimed it didn't exist.

[citation needed]

Evidence that classic Foxy did not have the hook and eyepatch seen in Fredbear & Friends? He has a hook and eyepatch in Fredbear & Friends. I'm 100% sure that classic Foxy has a hook and eyepatch.

How does a fat Chica "seal the deal" at all? Because the toy that Collector Kid has isn't round? That toy doesn't exactly have Toy Chica's bright pink cheeks and panties, either.

The bite victim's toy Foxy doesn't have a head at all. Easiest explanation for the presence of two heads is there are two Foxy toys; aside from the decapitation, the kid's Foxy appears (mostly) undamaged, so why the pieces strewn about? Second toy. QA back in the 80s was practically nonexistent in the toy industry. Miscoloured, incorrectly molded, fragile plastic toys with small choking-hazard parts that didn't fit together very well were common. Especially from places like Chuck-E-Cheese's, which FFD/FFP are based on. I once had a Chuck-E-Cheese's toy break in my hands on my way through the parking lot. One explanation for the Mangle toy is, in keeping with the setting, a disfigured Foxy misprint.

I actually acknowledged your evidence and pinned it as "an enigma for now" because I didn't have evidence to support a counter at the time, and then when I came back after researching and countered your evidence with my findings, you ignored my points entirely. You can't accuse me of ignoring a counterpoint when I addressed it and then ignore multiple rebuttals yourself.

Show your work. Don't give me vague handwaving. Show or refer to actual game content.

Your claim is this is the Bite of '87 on Jeremy's day shift and that the springsuits were pulled out of storage for this specific party, and the pivotal foundation of your claim, and also the potential ruin of mine, is the question of whether the Toy models exist at this time.

Counterarguments:

1) The toys the kids have are similar to the Fredbear show played on the victim's TV. The date shown on the TV proves that the designs therein exist in some form for at least a few years prior to 1987. Low-res graphics mean it's impossible to determine if the children in the Night 3 minigame have toys of Fredbear characters or Toy series animatronics, except through Foxy, who is unfortunately absent from Collector Kid's collection. We are forced to establish the year through context.

2) Regardless of when FNAF4 happens, this means Foxy not only existed as a character in the Fredbear show, but had a hook and eyepatch from as early 1983 until whenever the Toy models were designed. Including Mangle (aka Toy Foxy), who had a hook but no eyepatch.

3) Presence of a "Mangle" toy is not necessarily concrete evidence of Toy Foxy, given the 198x timeline and how poorly-made children's toys were back then. This was the age of barrels of monkeys and buckets upon buckets of army men and wacky dinosaurs that were inexplicably molded onto flat bases and nothing had the mold lines removed. You can't compare it to 2015 QA standards.

4) In FNAF1 they at least had spare heads in Parts/Service.

5) FNAF2 shows the withered suits are kept in Parts/Service for the whole week Jeremy (and Fritz) are working the night shift, but our victim is locked in that very room the day before the party and they aren't there.

6) FNAF2 shows the toy models are on stage at the beginning of Fritz' night shift immediately following Jeremy's day shift, but they're nowhere to be found in FNAF4. Where did they go? They certainly didn't get rid of them, they're still there that night.

7) FNAF2 location had posters of the Toy models everywhere. FNAF1 also had walls covered in posters and drawings. The only face we see on the walls in FNAF4 is Fredbear.

8) Speaking of walls, the walls in FNAF4 are blue. The walls at FFP are white with a horizontal green checkered stripe.

Conclusion: The Toy models are not present. The restaurant has only two animatronics and there's no sign of the classic models anywhere, much less the Toy models. There are no posters, no parts. It's not even the same building as FNAF2. It cannot possibly be the same birthday party where Jeremy Fitzgerald was posted on day shift.

Edited by Lythiaren

A bit off-track from the current discussion, but there are some things I came to think of when reading through Phone Guy's calls:

When does the spring lock incident occur?

The tapes we hear in FNAF3 about the spring locks are narrated by Phone Guy, and some time into the tapes he suddenly says to not wear the spring lock suits because of several incidents occurring simultaneously. Given that sudden change it is reasonable to assume the spring lock failures occurred while he was recording the training tapes.

It is implied by Phone Dude (the guy we hear on the first night of FNAF3) that these tapes are "like, ancient" or something like that, and in addition we've got the presence of Phone Guy, so it is definitely before FNAF1 at least.

The thing that I noticed is something Phone Guy said in FNAF2 about the early days of the establishment:

"Uh, I think the name of the place was..."Fredbear's Family Diner" or something like that. It's been closed for years though, I doubt we'll be able to track anybody down."

What made me react was that if Phone Guy had worked at Fredbear's Family Diner (which we have assumed is close to the time when the spring lock suits were used), wouldn't he know for certain what the restaurant's name was?

In short, the spring lock incident probably didn't happen at Fredbear's Family Diner, but at a later date. Leading to the safe rooms being boarded up.

You realize where I'm going with this?

The safe rooms were presumably boarded up before FNAF2 as we don't see any. So when Purple man at later date (probably after FNAF2 and FNAF1) breaks into the derelict building to dismantle the animatronics only to be crushed inside of Springtrap, the safe room had somehow been opened again.

So I can see these options for how the room was opened:

- Opened up by natural causes of the wall collapsing from decomposition.

- The Purple man we see stuck in Springtrap must have known about the safe room and opened it up again. In other words, either he worked at the establishment when the boarding up happened, or he heard Phone Guy's training tape somehow. Finding it by dumb luck seems unlikely. Or he was really ambitious and found some old drawings of the facility or something. dry.gif

- Someone else had opened the room before the Springtrap incident, and the Purple man was simply taking advantage of the room when we was disassembling the animatronics (a safe spot where they couldn't reach him).

Keep in mind that if the Spring Bonnie we see in FNAF4 is the same as Springtrap, then that would mean that the FNAF4 bite would have had to happen before Springtrap was left behind the boarded up safe room.

Have fun with this piece.

[citation needed]

Evidence that classic Foxy did not have the hook and eyepatch seen in Fredbear & Friends? He has a hook and eyepatch in Fredbear & Friends. I'm 100% sure that classic Foxy has a hook and eyepatch.

How does a fat Chica "seal the deal" at all? Because the toy that Collector Kid has isn't round? That toy doesn't exactly have Toy Chica's bright pink cheeks and panties, either.

The bite victim's toy Foxy doesn't have a head at all. Easiest explanation for the presence of two heads is there are two Foxy toys; aside from the decapitation, the kid's Foxy appears (mostly) undamaged, so why the pieces strewn about? Second toy. QA back in the 80s was practically nonexistent in the toy industry. Miscoloured, incorrectly molded, fragile plastic toys with small choking-hazard parts that didn't fit together very well were common. Especially from places like Chuck-E-Cheese's, which FFD/FFP are based on. I once had a Chuck-E-Cheese's toy break in my hands on my way through the parking lot. One explanation for the Mangle toy is, in keeping with the setting, a disfigured Foxy misprint.

I actually acknowledged your evidence and pinned it as "an enigma for now" because I didn't have evidence to support a counter at the time, and then when I came back after researching and countered your evidence with my findings, you ignored my points entirely. You can't accuse me of ignoring a counterpoint when I addressed it and then ignore multiple rebuttals yourself.

Show your work. Don't give me vague handwaving. Show or refer to actual game content.

Your claim is this is the Bite of '87 on Jeremy's day shift and that the springsuits were pulled out of storage for this specific party, and the pivotal foundation of your claim, and also the potential ruin of mine, is the question of whether the Toy models exist at this time.

Counterarguments:

1) The toys the kids have are similar to the Fredbear show played on the victim's TV. The date shown on the TV proves that the designs therein exist in some form for at least a few years prior to 1987. Low-res graphics mean it's impossible to determine if the children in the Night 3 minigame have toys of Fredbear characters or Toy series animatronics, except through Foxy, who is unfortunately absent from Collector Kid's collection. We are forced to establish the year through context.

2) Regardless of when FNAF4 happens, this means Foxy not only existed as a character in the Fredbear show, but had a hook and eyepatch from as early 1983 until whenever the Toy models were designed. Including Mangle (aka Toy Foxy), who had a hook but no eyepatch.

3) Presence of a "Mangle" toy is not necessarily concrete evidence of Toy Foxy, given the 198x timeline and how poorly-made children's toys were back then. This was the age of barrels of monkeys and buckets upon buckets of army men and wacky dinosaurs that were inexplicably molded onto flat bases and nothing had the mold lines removed. You can't compare it to 2015 QA standards.

5) FNAF2 shows the withered suits are kept in Parts/Service for the whole week Jeremy (and Fritz) are working the night shift, but our victim is locked in that very room the day before the party and they aren't there.

6) FNAF2 shows the toy models are on stage at the beginning of Fritz' night shift immediately following Jeremy's day shift, but they're nowhere to be found in FNAF4. Where did they go? They certainly didn't get rid of them, they're still there that night.

7) FNAF2 location had posters of the Toy models everywhere. FNAF1 also had walls covered in posters and drawings. The only face we see on the walls in FNAF4 is Fredbear.

8) Speaking of walls, the walls in FNAF4 are blue. The walls at FFP are white with a horizontal green checkered stripe.

Conclusion: The Toy models are not present. The restaurant has only two animatronics and there's no sign of the classic models anywhere, much less the Toy models. There are no posters, no parts. It's not even the same building as FNAF2. It cannot possibly be the same birthday party where Jeremy Fitzgerald was posted on day shift.

Again, you are interpreting me to say THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT I JUST WROTE. This thread has gone over multiple in game sprites, drawings and images, and come to the general agreement that the toys do indeed exist in the point of time the game is portraying. Secondly your counterarguments fail to counter anything other than itself.

You claim the show to portray the Toys and the Classics, when only one set is shown. Toy Chica is slender, and show Chica is fat. Toy Foxy (mangle) is pink (and has no hook I might add), Show Foxy is a red Pirate.

The fact that this second toy lacks a hook or eyepatch, in addition to it's PINK color scheme, indicates that this is the mangle.

Before you claim a lack of evidence, remember that I have, this whole time, been referring to specific, well known images from the game, Phone calls by night, and have been restating information from previous posts on this thread, that have their own references.

If I say something does not hold water, It is not merely vague handwaving. It is me pointing out contadictions, taking apart the theory using what evidence YOU yourself had provided.

Edited by sailing101

[citation needed]

Counterarguments:

Your handwaving right now by saying it was a "misprint", when there is no evidence for it being one. Besides there would be no reason to do that in a game.

Your theory requires many more assumptions than the 1987 one as more evidence points to that.

Also if the presence of a mangle toy isn't sufficent evidence there where is the other evidence for 1983. Keep in mind, that we still had the spring suits presumably in 1987.

@Ripan: There's also the fact that Phone Guy's parting words for the training tapes all use the Fazbear name. So while the suits themselves could have existed at Fredbear's Family Diner, the incident that caused their retirement had to have happened after the changeover to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Other than that, we don't really know.

Before now, we all assumed that it had to have happened before 1987 since we didn't see evidence in 2 of the spring suits being used. Due to the implied lack of other options (short-notice acquisition of other suits), you'd think this would be early in the franchise before there were other animatronics, but if 4 happened in 1987 that wouldn't seem to be the case. Although it does seem odd that they'd have to scramble for irrelevant costumes when there were either all the toy animatronics (2) or the classics (1) already in use.

For me, the only issue with the '83 pinpoint is Mangle's presence. I'd love for it to be a red herring, especially since there's not really another way to explain room-Foxy's decapitation, but there isn't enough in-game evidence to refute it just now.

Actually, looking at the newspaper clipping from the end of FNAF 2, I think this incident is locked out as NOT being the bite of 87 and instead being the spring lock incident. If we look at the paycheck date, it is the end of 1987 when the location in FNAF 2 closes. Phone guy drops the hint they are contacting the old restaurant "Fredbear's Family Diner" and the newspaper describes that they will try again with a smaller location.

More importantly, looking at the date on the paycheck and knowing it is the closing time of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, it would be almost impossible for Fazbear Entertainment to open up a new restaraunt in under two months. The old location has been shut down for some time so it would need a significant amount of effort to rebuild that and get the animatronics up and running. This basically pushed the incident we see in FNAF 4 out of 1987 and more likely into 1988 or later.

It can't be a Springlock failure.

The springlocks weren't engaged, as Fredbear was not in suit mode.

Since they were not engaged, there was no way for them to fail.

(on a side note, if I had designed those things, I'd have made it so that the neutral state was suit mode, not animatronics mode. IE, having the springs pull the animatronics to the side instead of keeping them clamped in place.)

Edited by sailing101

Hmm that's true. I guess phone guy does describe it as "involving multiple and simultaneous spring lock failures". But the presence of Mangle means it has to take place after FNAF 2 and likely after 1987 simply due to time constraints. I'm sticking to the fact this is not the bite of 87.

The newspaper at the end of 2 states that the Pizzeria was only open for a few short weeks, and that the Toy generation had been scrapped due to possible malfunctions. The only location left at this point would have been The FNAF 1 location that opened an undisclosed amount of time after the one in FNAF 2 closed. The location of FNAF 1 managed to stay open for several years, where the only notable incident was the disappearance of Phone guy. The Fazbear four would have been restored by this time, so there was no need to use the Spring suits for anything (Because horrific maiming could ensue from overuse)

Edited by sailing101

Not inherently. The recorded tapes from FNAF 3 reveal that the incident involving springbucks happened at a sister location. We don’t have a time for either of these two restaurants but we know that they are not the original as Phone Guy still uses Fazbear instead of Fredbear when making the training tapes. We do not know the fate of these two restaurants and they could take place between FNAF 2 and FNAF 1. This would be before the classic suits would be revived and following FNAF 2 so Mangle's presence would be explained.

Edited by pudding

To solve this bit, let's ask ourselves this?

What is the Phone guy's Job for Fazbear entertainment? The first answer would be night guard, but in the second and third games, he makes no indication that he had worked as a guard before. You don't have the night guard dictating Employee training tapes after all. He only takes that job after the events of the second game. His job was to train new employees, IE, he worked as Human Resources.

Why is this important?

Phone guy was the night guard from the events of the second game, to just before the first. He no longer had his HR job. Furthermore The springsuits were from the First restaurant, Fredbear's Family diner. We know this because Golden Freddy's real name was revealed to be Fredbear by the fourth game.

They had no other animatronics to use in the aftermath of the springlock incident, meaning that the Fazbear four did not exist yet. The springlock failure can only have happened before FNAF 2 because of this.

The Pizzeria was closed for a short amount of time after the second game, giving plenty of time for the Fazbear four to be refurbished.

They had no other animatronics to use in the aftermath of the springlock incident, meaning that the Fazbear four did not exist yet. The springlock failure can only have happened before FNAF 2 because of this.

Which would indicate that 4 can't be the Bite of '87... Because we see the spring suits in use, which they would not have been after the spring-lock incident.

But... Mangle... urgh. *headache*

Edited by Kith

This does not change a few things:

We see mangle. This is proof enough alone that the cutscenes take place after the events of FNAF2. A company would not create toys based upon a product that does not yet exist. More likely, toys and the Toy Animatronics were created in tandem to help boost the sales of both.

We see the suit animatronics being used in the cutscenes and merchandise for the four animatronics. The child has Foxy, Freddy, Bonnie, Chica and Fredbear plushies. The bullies are seen wearing the masks for the four animatronics.

After FNAF 2, the original animatronics were not able to be used. They were in disrepair already and used for parts, meaning they couldn't function.

This would still indicate that the springlock suits were used after 1987.

We see the suit animatronics being used in the cutscenes and merchandise for the four animatronics. The child has Foxy, Freddy, Bonnie, Chica and Fredbear plushies. The bullies are seen wearing the masks for the four animatronics.

After FNAF 2, the original animatronics were not able to be used. They were in disrepair already and used for parts, meaning they couldn't function.

This would still indicate that the springlock suits were used after 1987.

If it weren't for the fact that the place is shut down after the seventh night.

It was closed down, moved to a new location. They had time to repair the Fazbear four.

There is only one day left on the timeline that The springsuits would have been used, the Birthday party mentioned in the night six phone call.

Edited by sailing101