Melomancer

5 nights at freddys

I was going to read about this but I can't even get to the wikia. Anyone know why it comes up with #Rekt on it?

if i'm not expecting it i jump a bit but the jumpscares don't scare me otherwise. except for Freddy's jumpscare. did you ever hear the theory that foxy is a good guy?

Yeah it is fully out

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388090/

Scott says it himself "Ok, so as many of you already know, I'm bad with release dates. The game is finished. smile.gif "

Surprised me too xd.png

Yup!

I'm gonna watch a walkthought with no commentary...

I've already watched up to night 3 - and the game is really grating on my nerves.

cause ya playing a kid in a house...

@demonicvampiregirl

Soon - give the Fnaf wiki a week and stuff will be posted. Im sure.

@noelle147

Ehhh yeah.

I dont think he his buttt.... that can be talked about.

Saying it won't be released for at least a month if not a few months and then releasing it a week later? Erm.

Edited by Ashywolf

i cant believe its halloween already

at least 4 seems different from the last ones. havent played it tho so i cant say much else

SPOILER ALERT!!

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK OF CRANIAL IMPLOSION.

One of the minigames shows the Purple man wearing a guard's badge on the day of the Bite of 87.

Jeremy Fitzgerald, the protagonist of the second game, had just been moved to the day guard shift on the day of the Bite of 87.

Suddenly, the behavior of the Toy animatronics makes a little more sense.

Edited by sailing101

People all over the net are already losing their minds over at what point in the timeline FNAF4 takes place. xd.png Either there are some severe mess ups in continuity or we've misunderstood a lot. Wouldn't be surprising if it's the last option; the internet have a bad habit of adopting popular, but very loose assumptions and transforming them into "facts".

People all over the net are already losing their minds over at what point in the timeline FNAF4 takes place. xd.png Either there are some severe mess ups in continuity or we've misunderstood a lot. Wouldn't be surprising if it's the last option; the internet have a bad habit of adopting popular, but very loose assumptions and transforming them into "facts".

I've kinda lost my mind over the point too.

It doesn't fit in.

I've also come to believe that the character that we are playing if the purple guys son - But yet, the child did not die and is possibly in a coma, as from what the phone guy said in fnaf 1;

' Its amazing how someone can live without there frontal lobe.'

It may not even been that frontal lobe incident.

- My sister and i have sorta thought about this, in a scene that it could be the coma child, and the 'brother' aka the person who was dressed up as Foxy, became the 'Phone Guy.'

Because the Phone Guy said that his favorite character was Foxy.

But that does not explain, the demented 'Plushtrap' <-- What the h.

I hate the little thing. dry.gif

Because who would put Springtrap as a doll?

A animatronic doll?

Anyone?

But what really confuses me is the ending.

' We can fix you' or something along those lines....

I do know that there is going to be new Download content on Halloween, soo...

Hmm..

Also, one more thing.

I noticed the the 'Freddy Doll' in the child's bedroom, is the one sold at the auction at the end of Fnaf 3 ...

Discussion? unsure.gif

The animatronics are known as nightmares, because they are just that, nightmares. They're not real. They are trauma induced hallucinations in the broken mind of the victim of the bite of 87. You can see an iv stand next to the child's bed, indicating that he just got back from the hospital. He is recovering from the bite, but slowly, and his mental health is what really needs recovering.

As for plushtrap.

The pizzaia has merchandise of all the characters. Spring Bonnie (Springtrap) and Fredbear (Golden Freddy) were the first two characters, so they would have had plushy versions for a while. Plushtrap looks old enough to bee a hand-me-down. Going back to before, it's nightmarish look is because it's just a nightmare.

The phone guy was working with The Pizzeria from the time that they were still using the original golden Springsuits, so he can't be the brother.

As for the Freddy plush on the bed. Again, they've had merchandise for a while. Fazbear fright had recovered artifacts from the old resteraunt, so they could have acquired the plush at a later date.

Well about the spring trap plush and toys... there's also a cutscene (mini game?) after one night in FNAF4:

SPOILER

You meet a child with a Springtrap doll, which the child says is a finger trap. So there probably were more merchandise than the plushies.

It may also explain why there was also a child with toys that look like the toy version of the animatronics. There is one other cutscene where you can see on the TV the title "Fredbear and Friends (1983), which could be interpreted as a TV show from which the characters originated. Maybe the reason for FNAF4 featuring toys in the likeliness of the animatronics is because they're based on a TV show? Then in FNAF2 they decided to go with the more toy-like design from a previous generation (FNAF4) instead of the old design.

However, that brings up another question about when FNAF4 takes place...

If what we saw in FNAF4 really is the bite of '87, why was springtrap and Fredbear still being used? How does FNAF2 relate to this?

In FNAF2 the 'older' animatronics designs are scrapped and used for spare parts, or where the oldie goldies exempt from this fate? Someone messed with a yellow suit by the end of FNAF2, so there was at least one left by then, however, FNAF4 takes place some time in 1987 and at the time of that game it appears the bite hadn't happened yet (or it did occur just at the end of FNAF2 as some have theorized), at least it is never mentioned by Phone Guy.

/SPOILER

But there is one thing I'm scratching my head over, that I actually haven't seen anyone else mention in other discussion boards, and it's about when the murders take place.

SPOILER

Your main character is obviously afraid of the Pizzeria/diner (whichever it is at the moment). We could of course attribute that to main character's jerk of brother who apparently is a bully to our main character. But. In the same cutscene as mentioned above, you meet other children who scoff at our main character's fear, because they think he's afraid because of the rumors of children disappearing in the pizzeria/diner and had their bodies hidden in the suits.

How do they know that story?

So FNAF4 occurs at a point some time after the murders, long enough that people dare to visit again anyway?

OR

Is this a rumor started from earlier disappearances before the crimes could be strongly tied to the location with evidence?

ALTERNATIVELY

Could a rumor like this have inspired more killings in which the bodies were hidden in the suits. (However, this idea I consider fairly weak, because if there's a rumor like that in circulation then obviously there would be a much higher risk of discovery. The killer would either have to be very dumb or incredibly overconfident to pull such a risky move.)

But most of all... WHAT IS UP WITH THAT LOCKED BOX?! What do I have to do to unlock it?

I might figure it out later, right now my brain is fried by all different facts and interpretations.

Edited by Ripan

Spoiler:

Spring Bonnie and Fredbear were being used because the toys had just been scraped , and the others weren't fixed yet, so Management had to use the only suits left. The dangerous Springsuits.

I was going to read about this but I can't even get to the wikia. Anyone know why it comes up with #Rekt on it?

According to the FNAF subreddit, this was a global attack on Wikia, meaning all Wikis hosted by Wikia were affected. Luckily its been fixed but a post on the FNAF Wiki clears out that it wasn't specifically targeted at FNAF.

In other news, my brother decided to 'donate' to me FNAF 4 without my permission and without me looking at any gameplay and its very safe to say I'll never get to Night 2 or get to see that mysterious chest at the end of the game.. how would one unlock it, though? maybe it even links with the upcoming DLC?

Edited by lovecats99

FNAF4 takes place at Fredbear's diner.

That's why Spring Bonnie and Spring Freddy were still there.

FNAF4 takes place at the same time of FNAF2 but at another location.

Spring Bonnie and Spring Freddy were likely modified into suits later on.

The gameplay takes place in a nightmare after the cutscenes.

This is why the animatronics don't look real, because they aren't real.

This is why the kid doesn't just push the light switch in his bedroom.

Also explains how the Animatronics are in his house.

Edited by Soulking

Here's what Im thinking about what FNaF 4 is all about. It's based before the murders, in other words, it came before but not before the actual pizzerias. What if the child you play as is actually Purple Guy and because of all of this happening to him, he becomes mentally scarred and seeks revenge on the animatronics and feels like the children who enjoy the show shouldn't because he was never able to. I've only seen the first two nights so far though. wink.gif

I've gotta say that Plushtrap is creepy as hell. Springtrap is my favorite animatronic and always will be [barely passing Mangle] and Plushtrap just made him scarier. But in a good way. I like the creepy animatronics that you always have to worry about. happy.gif

I've also gotta say that I believe it is an actual nightmare. There is a lot of evidence supporting this and it explains why there are the cutscene minigames showing the child upset. Perhaps what all his family is doing to him is scarring him and it has been giving him nightmares. Thoughts?

Here's what Im thinking about what FNaF 4 is all about. It's based before the murders, in other words, it came before but not before the actual pizzerias. What if the child you play as is actually Purple Guy and because of all of this happening to him, he becomes mentally scarred and seeks revenge on the animatronics and feels like the children who enjoy the show shouldn't because he was never able to. I've only seen the first two nights so far though. wink.gif

I've gotta say that Plushtrap is creepy as hell. Springtrap is my favorite animatronic and always will be [barely passing Mangle] and Plushtrap just made him scarier. But in a good way. I like the creepy animatronics that you always have to worry about. happy.gif

I've also gotta say that I believe it is an actual nightmare. There is a lot of evidence supporting this and it explains why there are the cutscene minigames showing the child upset. Perhaps what all his family is doing to him is scarring him and it has been giving him nightmares. Thoughts?

FNAF4 assuming the timeline isn't ruined yet happens after the first murder. The rest of the murders take place after.

FNAF4 takes place at Fredbear's diner.

That's why Spring Bonnie and Spring Freddy were still there.

The why does the mangle appear in the brothers room on the second minigames?

The minigames take place at the FNAF 2 location, not Fredbears diner.

Spoiler:

Spring Bonnie and Fredbear were being used because the toys had just been scraped , and the others weren't fixed yet, so Management had to use the only suits left. The dangerous Springsuits.

Refresh my memory, please. Why were the toy animatronics scrapped? In the article it says due to malfunctions, but what malfunctions? Was it simply because they were "acting strange", and it was believed someone had messed around with their facial-recognision program? Previously we assumed they were scrapped because their strange behavior culminated in one of them (probably the mangle) causing the bite of '87. Now in FNAF4 we see that

SPOILER

it appears to be Fredbear who bit the child. Fredbear, who probably is one of the very first animatronics, and who probably don't have a toy-update considering we would have seen him in FNAF2 if that were the case. Why scrap the toys if it was an old animatronic who caused the bite?

/SPOILER

Reading back on the information about the toy animatronics it's difficult to relate them to anything other than the missing children's incident. It seems to be heavily implied that they were given updates specifically to protect children from predators (read: there has already been an incident with missing/murdered children, so the toys were given high-security programming after that incident). It might also be noteworthy that they were going to use the old suits originally, but they were ugly and smelly so they went with making "super kid-friendly" designs instead.

Now it appears like the toy versions were not related to the bite either. So why were they scrapped?

Unless... there was another incident between the very first incident and the bite, an incident caused mistrust of the toy animatronics. Shortly, my line of thought right now looks like this:

SPOILER

Murder(s) occur (featuring wearable suits?) -> toy animatronics are made to protect customers and children -> toy animatronics are scrapped in FNAF2(because of another incident?) -> bite occurs FNAF4 (Fredbear accidentally bit a child).

/SPOILER

Edited by Ripan

What I was going on aboutis the fact that there were three generations of animatronics, across 5 different generations of usage

First came Spring Bonnie and Fredbear, who were used until an undescribed incident where the springlocks failed while one or both of the suits were in use, resulting in the suits being retired.

Next came the Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy that we saw in the first game. (and perhaps the puppet) they were animatronics only, for safety reasons.

Then the crying child (who possesses the puppet) is murdered and the Diner closes.

Fnaf 2 location opens, and the Toy animatronics are created to replace the older models. However, The murder of five children happens, and the toys have to be scrapped due to critical 'Malfunctions'. A birthday party had been scheduled, and with no working animatronics, management decided to bring the springsuits out of retirement.

Then the bite happens. Fnaf2 location closes soon after.

the restaurant is moved to the Fnaf 1 location, using the Second generation animatronics, which at this point are now fully possessed by the murdered children. The springsuits are placed back in storage. The pizzeria lasts for several eventless years (with the occasional missing security guard) before finally going under. the murder breaks into the abandoned building, trashes the animatronics, and meets his end and rebirth as Springtrap.

Finally, there is Fazbear fright, and Springtrap. The building is torched by the end of the week.

So as you see, Fredbear Does have a toy version, because it's Toy Freddy.

And don't say that the bite happened at the first restaurant, because it's the bite of 87, and Fnaf 2 takes place in 1987.

According to the FNAF subreddit, this was a global attack on Wikia, meaning all Wikis hosted by Wikia were affected. Luckily its been fixed but a post on the FNAF Wiki clears out that it wasn't specifically targeted at FNAF.

In other news, my brother decided to 'donate' to me FNAF 4 without my permission and without me looking at any gameplay and its very safe to say I'll never get to Night 2 or get to see that mysterious chest at the end of the game.. how would one unlock it, though? maybe it even links with the upcoming DLC?

Yeah I just saw that a couple minutes ago. Apparently it was redirecting to some site as well but luckily I only had to deal with the #rekt part of it. xd.png

What I was going on aboutis the fact that there were three generations of animatronics, across 5 different generations of usage

First came Spring Bonnie and Fredbear, who were used until an undescribed incident where the springlocks failed while one or both of the suits were in use, resulting in the suits being retired.

Next came the Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy that we saw in the first game. (and perhaps the puppet) they were animatronics only, for safety reasons.

Then the crying child (who possesses the puppet) is murdered and the Diner closes.

Fnaf 2 location opens, and the Toy animatronics are created to replace the older models. However, The murder of five children happens, and the toys have to be scrapped due to critical 'Malfunctions'. A birthday party had been scheduled, and with no working animatronics, management decided to bring the springsuits out of retirement.

Then the bite happens. Fnaf2 location closes soon after.

the restaurant is moved to the Fnaf 1 location, using the Second generation animatronics, which at this point are now fully possessed by the murdered children. The springsuits are placed back in storage. The pizzeria lasts for several eventless years (with the occasional missing security guard) before finally going under. the murder breaks into the abandoned building, trashes the animatronics, and meets his end and rebirth as Springtrap.

Finally, there is Fazbear fright, and Springtrap. The building is torched by the end of the week.

So as you see, Fredbear Does have a toy version, because it's Toy Freddy.

And don't say that the bite happened at the first restaurant, because it's the bite of 87, and Fnaf 2 takes place in 1987.

This is actually following what I was trying to explain. Pardon if I didn't articulate myself clear.

Only two objections:

1. I never claimed that the bite happened at the first restaurant. In fact, I based that part of my explanation on your idea that the antiquated/retired springsuits were brought back temporarily because the toy versions had to be scrapped due to an incident in FNAF2 (placing FNAF4 after FNAF2 in the timeline). The incident taking place in FNAF2 was not the bite of '87, but probably the murders of five children. Then FNAF4 happens with the bite of '87. Meaning the missing children incident and the bite of '87 could very well take place in the same year. (I mean, given that they brought out the old yellow spring suits despite the fact that we hear from Phone Guy in FNAF2 that a "yellow one" was used in the incident that we believe is the five children murders. However, this suggests that there might be yet another yellow (bear or bunny) suit which the killer used. See my last paragraph below.)

What I wrote earlier on this page was only a generic chain of events trying to explain why suits and models were changed ("incident" or "murder") in which the first "incident" I mentioned could as you suggested refer to that one child who was killed outside the restaurant (I write "first incident" here, but I mean the first incident after the spring lock failure you mentioned). This was the incident that motivated the security updates of the toy versions. Admittedly, I was originally thinking that it might have been because of murders featuring wearable suits (hence the ?- mark at the end of that point; it was a suggestion of what happened), but I agree with you that the murder of one lonely child outside the restaurant looks like a better fit.

2. In one particular way I don't think Freddy and Fredbear are actually one and the same, but that is actually unrelated to this discussion at hand. What I was trying to express in the first post was that in the case of the bite of '87 it was, as you yourself suggested, the old Fredbear spring suit that was brought out temporarily and "caused" the bite. So what appeared as a logical error to me in my earlier post on this page was why the toys were scrapped when it was an old model (spring Fredbear) who was involved in the bite. Leading me to suggest that there ought to have been another incident that caused people to mistrust the toy animatronics (note that this happens before the bite), which you say is the murder of the five children, and I agree that is a logical explanation. First there is an incident where one lonely child is killed outside the restaurant, so the toy animatronics came to be with updated security programming. BUT the missing children incident still occurs while the toy animatronics are on duty, so their security programming is heavily criticized and they are scrapped as a result.

However, there remains the question which "yellow one" was used by the killer in the missing children incident, because if it had been the yellow spring Fredbear suit it is frankly implausible to bring that out again for the incident of the bite which took place later in (possibly) the very same year. Does this mean the killer used another yellow suit from a generation before the toys that isn't the spring suit?

Because the killer was seen using this suit, it disappeared (either taken by the police or the killer disposed of it before arrest) and only appears in FNAF1 and FNAF3 as rare hallucinations/hauntings.

Sorry about a lot of editing

Edited by Ripan

Going by Fnaf 2, The murders happened, then the bite was the very next day.

Fazbear management has never been the best at making good decisions.

Going by Fnaf 2, The murders happened, then the bite was the very next day.

Fazbear management has never been the best at making good decisions.

It took place at the sister location mentioned in FNAF3 in the training tapes.

This makes no sense though.

It took place at the sister location mentioned in FNAF3 in the training tapes.

This makes no sense though.

it makes no sense because you're just wrong, The bite happened at the Fnaf 2 location.

The first location, and it's sister location, were already closed at that time.

This is kinda random but does anyone just love Springtrap? I don't know why, I just really like him. tongue.gif He barely passes Mangle in my list of favorites. biggrin.gif

I had this thought when I was re-watching Markipliers FNAF1 videos. If the messages are being triggered by someone calling, who is calling? Phone Guy is supposed to be dead so that means at least one other person knows of the messages. Even in FNAF2 there are still messages from Phone Guy and he's not dead yet.