Melomancer

5 nights at freddys

No there isn't, all the "guy" sprites are purple. They are referring to one of the Purple guy's sprites as pink due to some misinformed color identification ability.

Some people think they could be different people, but personally... why? Does this one pizzeria chain really need more than one child mass murderer?

But Phone Guy definitely isn't Purple Guy, partially due to the fact that they both died in different ways, but also (since there is a theory that Phone Guy faked his death) Purple Guy dismantles all the animatronics, including Foxy. Phone Guy loves Foxy, he wouldn't want to dismantle him. And finally, Phone Guy knows a lot about Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. He made the training tapes about the wearable animatronics. He knows not to move fast or breathe on the spring locks - so why, if he was purple guy, would he stand up quickly inside a suit and laugh? Why would he take refuge in their in the first place? He knows they aren't safe.

But, we never saw Pink Guy die, so even if Phone Guy died, they could still be the same person.

Pink Guy was probably just a discolour of Purple Guy, an unintentional difference. If Pink Guy is Phone Guy, then maybe it's just Phone Guy visiting Foxy (Since Foxy is his favourite) and happens to see the murdered children outside the Cove... and he opens his mouth in disgust. A grimace and a smile can sometimes look similar, so Pink Guy's huge grin could actually just be Phone Guy's reaction to five dead children near his favourite animatronic.

Some people think they could be different people, but personally... why? Does this one pizzeria chain really need more than one child mass murderer?

But Phone Guy definitely isn't Purple Guy, partially due to the fact that they both died in different ways, but also (since there is a theory that Phone Guy faked his death) Purple Guy dismantles all the animatronics, including Foxy. Phone Guy loves Foxy, he wouldn't want to dismantle him. And finally, Phone Guy knows a lot about Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. He made the training tapes about the wearable animatronics. He knows not to move fast or breathe on the spring locks - so why, if he was purple guy, would he stand up quickly inside a suit and laugh? Why would he take refuge in their in the first place? He knows they aren't safe.

But, we never saw Pink Guy die, so even if Phone Guy died, they could still be the same person.

Pink Guy was probably just a discolour of Purple Guy, an unintentional difference. If Pink Guy is Phone Guy, then maybe it's just Phone Guy visiting Foxy (Since Foxy is his favourite) and happens to see the murdered children outside the Cove... and he opens his mouth in disgust. A grimace and a smile can sometimes look similar, so Pink Guy's huge grin could actually just be Phone Guy's reaction to five dead children near his favourite animatronic.

Well, I'd have to disagree. Have you watched the Game Theorists take on it? Their argument is pretty convincing, at least to me. And if you really think about it, in FNAF 3, the purple guy was cornered in the safe room right? Well, when you are chasing him around, he looks like he's holding something to his head, perhaps a phone? The knocking could be him running around, and him "dying" is him becoming trapped in the suit. Sort of a theory I concocted but it could make sense.

Hey guys just for reference the Purple guys official name is Springtrap. And my theory is that Springtrap is Phone guy because if you look in certain death games the things that springtrap does corrilates with a few things that Phone guy says. Plus there was one where he had a badge around his neck and a phone in his hand.

Well, I'd have to disagree. Have you watched the Game Theorists take on it? Their argument is pretty convincing, at least to me. And if you really think about it, in FNAF 3, the purple guy was cornered in the safe room right? Well, when you are chasing him around, he looks like he's holding something to his head, perhaps a phone? The knocking could be him running around, and him "dying" is him becoming trapped in the suit. Sort of a theory I concocted but it could make sense.

I wrote a lengthy comment on that video deconstructing Mat Pat's evidence that Phone guy was the Purple guy. There are just too many impossibiolities with the timeline of events for them to be the same person. And what Mat based his theory on, that phone guy was the only person who could have known about the safe room, is just plain incorrect.

Here's what you missed. There is no way for The phone Guy to have Dismantled the animatronics before his death, only for them to be in one piece back in the first game.

One could argue that he died before the second game, when the original location was closed down and left to rot, but if that was the case, then the originals would all be in as many pieces as the mangle. Perhaps then they were instead reassembled, used for a bit, the second store closed down, then reopened with the Toys. But then, if that were the case, the originals would be in better condition than what we see of them in game.

In the night four phone call, we have Distinct clues that the Animatronics are still intact when they corner him They are physically pounding on the doors, something a ghost with no shell can't do. Freddy plays his tune, which wouldn't happen if he was torn apart. Even if he somehow could, we would not even have been able to hear it as clearly as we do, As Freddy's suit is in the hall, not the safe room. Theme there's the fact that the murderer continues to kill at the second establishment, the restaurant from the second game, which he could not have done if he was dead. Finally, The phone guy is making these recordings during his work shift. The pizzeria was still open, not abandoned and worn down to the point where rain could come in through the roof. We hear during the Survival mitigates, rain and thunder, but there's none of that in the night 4 phone call. What we do hear, is Golden Freddy's Kill Scream.

There are to many holes here for this to hold ANY water.

As for the other contradiction.

You stated that the Phone Guy is the only person who could have known about the safe room.

He's not.

The recordings from FNAF 3 Lay it out plainly.

Starting off, Phone Guy is explaining the proper use of the Springlock suits, how they can be worn and operated. This is obviously meant for the People who were meant to wear the suits. One for Spring Bonnie, one for Spring Freddy. But those two met with a terrible fate, and the suits were decommissioned, sent to the safe room, and sealed away. We know this because Phone Guy tells us in his recordings. Except there's something missing. If both suits were sealed in the back room, then why wasn't Golden Freddie at the scene where the murderer meets his end? The answer relates to another Question. Why did phone guy need to make a recorded message to tell anyone about this?

Because there was at least one other employee hired in the wake of the Springlock incident. The management had to, they just lost two performers, and needed fresh staff to replace them. Phone guy Records his training tapes, and it's from this that the murderer get's his plan.

Before the safe room is sealed, The Purple Guy Makes off with one of the Springlock suits, Golden Freddy. Now you may be wondering why he'd do this if he knew the suit was dangerous? The answer is simple, and we can se it plainly if we look at Goldie himself. The suit is empty, gutted, hollow. There is no endoskeleton inside it whatsoever. The murderer removed all the Animatronics bits and pieces that would make the suit dangerous to wear, allowing him to safely don the suit with no problem.

This is why Springtrap is the only suit in the Safe room when the murderer meets his end. It's been lying there for years, surely it's springs must be rusted solid, with no way to collapse. A pity they weren't. Or not, it depends on whether you feel any sympathy for a child murderer.

What it falls down to is the sheer impossibility for The Phone guy's death to follow both what we saw and what we heard, and the fact that there was someone else, someone who could have and DID know about the safe room and the Spring suits. The fact of the mater is, The purple guy is his own man, no secret identity, no name, no hiding in plain sight as one person or another.

He is just, The Purple Guy.

Springtrap is the animatronic, Purple Guy is the person. They do become fused vie the springlock failiure, killing Purple Guy and letting him haunt Springtrap, but the two were separate entities.

Golden Freddy does have an endoskeleton. Just look at his ankles - there's something endoskeletonish there. However, Purple Guy might have decided to just leave that bit there to keep the feet on and remove the rest.

I personally think that Pink Guy, if he is a separate person, is not a murderer; that Phone Guy is not Purple Guy; and that everyone seems to forget about the 'sister locations'. Perhaps Spring/Golden Freddy simply wasn't at that location? Maybe that particular store had just the one animatronic - Spring Bonnie or Springtrap.

All viable and convincing arguments. Just goes to show how cool the game's story is that we have to go back and forth on the lore xd.png Perhaps the last game will give us solid proof of who purple guy is (probably not)

I saw a comment on a youtube post that made me laugh SO HARD. It went along the lines of: What if Scott doesn't actually have a master plan behind FNAF, and he's just making it all up as he goes along - and then laughing at us all trying to figure out the impossible puzzle as he rolls in his humungous piles of money. :3

I saw a comment on a youtube post that made me laugh SO HARD. It went along the lines of: What if Scott doesn't actually have a master plan behind FNAF, and he's just making it all up as he goes along - and then laughing at us all trying to figure out the impossible puzzle as he rolls in his humungous piles of money. :3

Oh, I remember back in the first game when all of the story was that it is against the rules for an animatronic to be without a suit, and because of a glitch in their night-time program they'll interpret you as a bare endoskeleton and thus try to stuff you into a suit. laugh.gif

Back then the story of the missing kids was just a carefully hidden hint that you might come across if you were lucky; just a little background piece to chill your bones if you were fortunate enough to come across it.

All he has to do is make one game, watch people speculate, people argue against the speculations, until a single plausible story is out there. Then he uses it. Done.

What's really terrifying about all this... is that people actually noticed those newspaper articles. Either someone went through the image files and all that jazz, or someone played the game, got hit by the easter egg and was actually paying enough attention to read it! Wouldn't they get killed by Bonnie if they did that?

Also, I finally made it to night 4! Woo!

I just want to play the custom night so I can make it super easy. xd.png However, I have to beat all 6 preset nights first... *sigh*

What's really terrifying about all this... is that people actually noticed those newspaper articles. Either someone went through the image files and all that jazz, or someone played the game, got hit by the easter egg and was actually paying enough attention to read it! Wouldn't they get killed by Bonnie if they did that?

Also, I finally made it to night 4! Woo!

I just want to play the custom night so I can make it super easy. xd.png However, I have to beat all 6 preset nights first... *sigh*

Looking at the wiki, the newspaper articles found in Five Nights 1 (on the walls) are quite high-def, and don't forget how static-like the cameras are. wink.gif So its very likely someone went through the image files and screenshot them instead of taking screenshots in-game. I think I watched a video of someone uncovering the game files (when I was more hyped for Fnaf 2, however) and turns out the Golden Freddy death screen is just behind the normal office screen, which meant G.Freddy was technically always there, amongst other hidden secrets and easter eggs. happy.gif

Aside to this, i'm surprised I haven't found this thread months ago! I wonder if anyone here has played any of Scott's other games aside from the Five Nights Series?

What do you think the 4th game is going to cover?

Since the first two images released on Scott Cawthon's site pictured Freddy and Bonnie (/Springtrap?) I thought that maybe the game will be about the very earliest days of the establishment, but since there now have been pictures of Chica and Foxy as well along with the tagline "Was it me?" or "Or me?" I got the impression that maybe it's going to relate to the bite of '87. The "Nightmare" might be alluding to the trauma of the victim.

People have been speculating Five Nights 4 will indeed cover the Bite of 87' but through either the bite victim's mind or the children at that birthday party/event, perhaps in a 'Nightmare?' Either that or the items sold off after the fire at the end of Five Nights 3 were made into these 'Nightmare' animatronics to go off and do such and such. (but I like the first concept better happy.gif)

Though I wouldn't think it would be from the bite victim him/herself. The Frontal Lobe does hold memories/the ability to dream,etc and if it isn't there, how would the victim remember the bite?

Edited by lovecats99

Though I wouldn't think it would be from the bite victim him/herself. The Frontal Lobe does hold memories/the ability to dream,etc and if it isn't there, how would the victim remember the bite?

Memory is more complicated than that. I'm in no way a medical professional, but I think it was mainly short-term memory that was centered in the frontal lobe and parietal lobe, while long-term memory is more spread throughout parts of the brain (in some parts in the frontal lobe as well, but not only).

It might not even have been a total loss of the frontal lobe, but rather extensive damage. The frontal lobe is a very big chunk of the brain after all, did they really bite off all of that? It might possibly deal with the victim if they still retained some ability to remember.

An extensively damaged -but not totally functionless- frontal lobe might have a whole range of strange side effects. Just doing a quick search online it seems like damage to the frontal lobe display symptoms that vary quite a lot in form and severity from person to person, in fact, most describe symptoms like personality changes, impaired judgement, lack of motivation, etc. Remember that lobotomy mainly focused on the frontmost parts of the brain. Just look at the side effects of that.

In short, I still think it is possible that it'll be about the victim themselves, as total memory loss is not necessarily a side effect of their injury. The brain's ability to produce dreams I can't find anything about at the moment.

But I like the idea that it might be about the witnesses of the incident as well.

No matter how convincing the evidence towards playing as a child or a Bite victim, until a game proves it otherwise, I still think we're going to be playing as a newly-hired security guard. tongue.gif That's what we've played as in the other four games!

Basically, it'll have the same layout as the other games - sit in office, video cameras to check the animatronics, one or two other features unique to that game (doors in 1, mask/flashlight in 2, BB's noises in 3).

It's more about the hidden messages at this point. xd.png

Yeah, it would be pretty bizarre to not play as a security guard seeing how the previous games have come out. Who knows, though? Perhaps we'll even get to play in first person as an animatronic? (I would love that, actually but I don't know how Scott would achieve it so we can only dream..)

Where would the office be set though, in Five Nights 4? I'm thinking Fredbears or one of the other restaurants we haven't seen yet but that still doesn't explain the Nightmare Animatronics.

Some people were suggesting a museum. If Fazbear's Fright can get animatronics, why can't a museum?

Perhaps the fire incident re-sparked interest, and the museum decided to add in a new attraction - relics from an old, 'haunted' pizzeria... Including four decayed, broken, obviously-not-working animatronics...

After Springtrap and his performance partner were decommisioned, 'temporary suits' were found as replacements. I think that these four are the temporary suits, found at short notice and completely different characters. They are, in a sense, the original four - I'd expect that they were liked by the children and so continued.

Or perhaps Nightmare Freddy and Nightmare Bonnie were the only two used - to replace Golden Freddy (the original Freddy Fazbear) and Springtrap. After all, that would replace a bear and a bunny with a bear and a bunny, just in different colours. Foxy and Chica were probably designed and created alongside the other two and were brought into use from the same place as the others.

Obviously, with those teeth, they couldn't be in a childrens' pizzeria. I think someone modified them, after their versions were decomissioned. After all, the Withered versions are not the same versions as the Nightmares, so the Nightmares must have been decomissioned. Possibly, it was Phone Dude, trying to make them scarier for Fazbear's Fright but not being able to bring them back before the fire and he auctioned them along with the other fire survivors.

Well that was long, what do you think?

Hmm. Well FNAF3 does suggest Phone Dude likes and knows where to collect old Fredbear/Fazbear 'relic's as the game progresses, which means he does have his sources right in acquiring legit suits, paper plates, etc. So he could have very well created/designed the Nightmare animatronics for added spooks in the museum (or simply as a costume to show his dedication to the company.)

If we assume these suits are actually existent in the timeline (not just produced in a dream by a Childhood Fear of the animatronics), i'd say they'd have been likely worn by actors when visitors came to Fazbear Fright in the daytime; not by actual real endoskeletons. I'm thinking most of them rusted or broke down during the long time period between Fazbears closing down (FNAF1) and Fazbear Fright appearing (FNAF3) - it would be too expensive and complicated to produce and rely on possibly decade-old blueprints and hiring someone to adapt and make new ones would be too expensive, especially for Fazbear Fright, which I'd think would be on quite a strict budget. Once they made a bit of money, they'd produce the Nightmare suits (they probably realised it would get a bit boring with just old relics and Mr. Springtrap lying about the place.)

These costumes look very detailed though so I'd think it would take quite a long time to make them, be it from scratch or from an original modified suit so I also agree with the decommissioning and 'Auctioning the Nightmares' theory. Though where the Nightmare suits would go is still quite a mystery. Obviously, with all the detail on them, they'd sell for a good price, collectively or not. So someone rich would have had to buy them. But that could be anyone! A museum... an a huge fan of the FNAF Fazbear Restaurants (who might also like to prank others).. or... Hollywood. i'm over-thinking this, aren't i?

Edited by lovecats99

Over-thinking is the entire point of this community. biggrin.gif

Since all the animatronics are just that - animatronics - except springtrap (both animatronic and suit) we can probably assume that these Nightmare characters were also at least partially animatronic. And because of all the '87' hints in the teasers, we can assume that these animatronics are actually the ones responsible for the Bite - or at least, that they have some connection to it.

I think we'll just have to wait and find out, really xd.png

Just wanted to say...

FNAF 4 is out now. The full thing is out. You can buy it at steam if you really want to play. Already seen people playing it, it scared me a lot. Also the cupcake can kill you.

Also it tells you who done the bite of 87'. What happened is completely not what I suspected xd.png

Edited by lollipop00

I'm surprised and impressed it's out this fast.

Time to enjoy the reaction videos on youtube.

Just wanted to say...

FNAF 4 is out now. The full thing is out. You can buy it at steam if you really want to play. Already seen people playing it, it scared me a lot. Also the cupcake can kill you.

Also it tells you who done the bite of 87'. What happened is completely not what I suspected xd.png

Wait.

What?

The game is fully out?

And yet i just watched the Fnaf 4 trailer last night.

ohmy.gif

Wait.

What?

The game is fully out?

And yet i just watched the Fnaf 4 trailer last night.

ohmy.gif

Yeah it is fully out

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388090/

Scott says it himself "Ok, so as many of you already know, I'm bad with release dates. The game is finished. smile.gif "

Surprised me too xd.png