Melomancer

5 nights at freddys

Just watched the trailer.

Not sure if I should be buying a ticket for the Nope Train or the Hype Train...

Watched the trailer.

Why are their faces doing that.

Their faces should not be doing that.

That is horrifying.

I'm slightly and very quietly hyped.

i dunno what i was expecting but it wasnt that. interesting that theres humanoid animatronics now

also why their faces do that

There was Balloon Boy in FNAF 2 for a humanoid animatronic.

That trailer was creepy. I can't wait to watch the YouTubers play this, especially Markiplier.

Watched the trailer.

Why are their faces doing that.

Their faces should not be doing that.

That is horrifying.

I'm slightly and very quietly hyped.

I am fully expecting a Predator-esque face for the jumpscare. Or like the Mannequin Spider from Silent Hill Requiem (the only good thing in that movie).

Edited by CharonDusk

Someone actually uploaded a guess for Baby's jumpscare could look like, a couple of days ago.

user posted image -

its the eyes that scare me

Looks like the real thing is going to be a whole lot more ferocious, looking at the ending for the trailer, so we probably have that to look forwards to as well!

Scott also copyrighted a few names about a week ago (Minireena like Ballerina?, Bidybab and Ennard) so maybe they'll appear as well.

There's also Ballora, which has been speculated to be the ballerina in the trailer, while the puppet that the Freddy in the trailer has might be Minireena. I also noticed, when you slowed the trailer down, when it's at the control room like area, there looks to be two things, a doll and a puppet, that look similar to Balloon Boy, but quite clearly are not him. So perhaps they're Ennard and Bidybab?

There's also tonnes of questions about where this is. It seems like there's hints it could be a theme park or something like that, but the underground bit in the trailer is throwing a spanner in there (though I've heard some parks do have underground "behind-the-scenes" sections). Another theory I saw is this might be some kind of storage or construction facility? And that these might be "rejected" animatronics put into storage or animatronics that were built to go to a new location, but never got the chance because of the Fazbear company collapsing?

The hype is so real right now.

Edited by CharonDusk

well sister location was unceremoniously released today and two endings have been found which is? probably all of them?

im gonna level with you guys i haven't understood a darn thing that happened in these games' plots since FNAF 2 came out but this game's plot is. really. really. out there........

Been playing it, got to night 3 so far. Been trying as much as possible to avoid spoilers, but considering they are ON EVERY YOUTUBER I watch, that's been extremely difficult. :/

I will say one thing though, about one of the "theories" people have been coming up with, and yes, there's spoilers;The reason the purple guy, who is highly speculated to be the player character in this one, killed the kids is because......he's an animatronic - specifically the eldritch abomination that is Ennard - wearing a human's skin after Ennard kills the main character?

What?

I'm sorry, but for whoever came up with that theory - and by extension, Scott if that theory is actually accurate - what were you smoking/drinking and where can I get some? Because that's the ONLY way that theory makes sense.

Edited by CharonDusk

Been playing it, got to night 3 so far. Been trying as much as possible to avoid spoilers, but considering they are ON EVERY YOUTUBER I watch, that's been extremely difficult. :/

I will say one thing though, about one of the "theories" people have been coming up with, and yes, there's spoilers;

Finish the game before you call that one a theory.

Edited by sailing101

Doesn't the audio at the very beginning in the entry vent of Night 1 debunk that theory? In that SL is after the fall of FFP?

Edited by Lythiaren

So... you're disagreeing with me saying that Night 1 audio states outright that SL happens after FFP has shut down?

You're talking like you're the only person who's finished the game. LPs exist, you know. I've seen both endings and read through transcripts of the audio I couldn't make out, neither of the endings are particularly contradictory to the claim that SL happens after FFP shut down, and Night 1 says it anyway.

So, barring time travel, there's no way Eggs BEnnardict is The Purple Guy that killed all the kids during the FFP era, because Eggs wasn't scooped until after they shut down. You can speculate all day about the true identity of the actual guy pre-scoop, though. And of course if we take the scoop ending as the canon ending, there's nothing stopping them from going on an uncontrollably murderous rampage some time in the future.

Edited by Lythiaren

Well, first off, the purple man's death (Or for those who read the book, the death of Mr Afton,) Via springtrap also happens after FFP closed for good.

The curious bit comes from this: The Sister Location game happens after ONE of the two incarnations of FFP closes, and we don't know if it was the FN 1 or FN 2 location.

Sister location reveals in it's opening that one Mr Afton designed the animatronics. If you've read the book, The Silver Eyes, you know why that name is important.

And what was one of the messages we got from the earliest teasers for the game?

There never was just One.

And the Sister location was NOT a pizzeria, or a public venue at all.

So if that message is not referring to Fazbear restaurants...

Another interesting thing? The Childs home from FNAF 4?

It's part of the facility........

Edited by sailing101

I was of the understanding that "Purple Guy" Not-necessarily-first-name-William Afton did the actual killing before FFP closed its doors at least the first time, since the animatronics were tools used in those events. So since SL happens after, there's no way Ennard-in-human's-clothing could possibly be the culprit in those specific events.

Also, since the private room ending is explicitly the fake ending, I'm inclined to take the events therein with a grain of salt. That said, if they are specifically put there to make a link, it has yet to be explained or even hinted at.

I know people have been throwing "mad scientist" theories around, though.

Edited by Lythiaren

Taking the Fnaf 2 minigames into account, there was a total of 11 missing children. Night six of Fnaf 2 heavily implies that some of them happened at that location. Mr Afton died at the Fnaf 1 location, after the building had been long abandoned, and was discovered as springtrap in a walled off room.

Now, What's wrong with this sequence of events?

The fake will hiding the safe room. It's there in the first game.

This has been the biggest hang up for me, as until now this had been the only sequence of events (abridged version) that made any logical sense. But the problem is, the wall was there when springtrap was discovered. If the Purple man died between the first and third games, who would build that wall in a condemned building?

Purple guy Afton couldn't die before the second game, as half the murders happened during that week. That is, unless someone ELSE could be proven to exist as an additional culprit. With Ennard, We have one. Now, this means that Purple Guy can die before the second game, at the Fnaf1 location, then called Fredbear family diner, the safe room can be walled off with Springtrap inside, and remain undisturbed untill the building is reopened for Fnaf 1, while Ennard, an animatronic programmed to kill children, carries on his legacy at the fnaf 2 location

So, rough timeline:

Original diner opens, with just Fredbear

First child dies.

More animatronics are added, 5 more children disappear,

Fredbear Diner, since bought out and renamed, closes.

Original creator of the animatronics commits suicide.

Mr Afton takes over production, shifting design to the toy/sister location models.

FNAF 4 happens in the secret facility of sister location.

The book, The Silver Eyes happens.

Sister location occurs at around the same time as the book.

Fnaf 2 happens, with Ennard as the new killer.

Fnaf 1 happens.

Fnaf 3 happens.

You shouldn't include TSE in your timeline, Scott book(s) are a different continuity than the games. So we can draw lines between the two, but as far as theorizing goes, they should be considered parallel universes. Similar, but separate.

Edited by Lythiaren

Scott seems to flip flop on that, Remember, Mr Afton is mentioned by name in sister location.

He is. It is suggested that he is the person you control in Sister Location. It's not completely 100% confirmed, but it is highly likely. Ennard talks to him using Baby's voice in the fake ending. He asks why the you have come back and he mentions the little girl that Baby killed. Afton's is the father of the girl that died. Baby is a replica of the girl, as we found out in the beginning of night 3(I think it was night 3).

There might even be proof that the boy from FNaF4 is also Afton's son.

It is NOT suggested anywhere that you are Mr Afton.

And to further Squish the Eggs Benedict is Afton and becomes springtrap idiocy:

Springtrap has visible internal organs. Something that Benedict is rather lacking by the end of the game.

Well, that's assuming the red/bad ending. It's not actually clear what happens to eggs benedict in the blue ending. He might have escaped; ennard is clearly in bad shape, which might mean that your character would be able to fight it off.

(I've only seen Mark's videos, and Game Theory's episode before the game came out, so I don't know all that much.)

Scott seems to flip flop on that, Remember, Mr Afton is mentioned by name in sister location.

Yes, but both universes can have people by the same names in them. The nature of parallel timelines allows them to be different people even if their personalities are the same.

Zeditha - Red ending is the real ending. Brightening the screen during the credits on blue will reveal "FAKE ENDING" text in the background.

Edited by Lythiaren

It is NOT suggested anywhere that you are Mr Afton.

smile.gif

It is suggested that you are Afton/purple guy. wink.gif

Either that, or you are Henry.

Edited by evangeline5432

What do you mean Sans isn't Ness?

Some of MatPat's proofs don't even make sense. Fat affable William Afton lost a lot of weight after getting scooped and turned into a meat suit? Look at Ennard, tell me a fat man (or even an emaciated man) can have that amount of metal inside him and look like he's lost weight. Circus Baby is 7.2 feet tall and Ennard's clearly bigger than her. His proof also uses the book to say the man is scarred all over, which is impossible because the player dies to the scooper + getting stuffed with Ennard, and dead things don't heal. Also, if he did get Springtrapped, how did he get out again without ripping up his flesh suit for the events of the book, and why would he get back into Springtrap for FNAF3? And this isn't even taking into account the fact that the book itself is a parallel universe and an invalid resource for game theories. Honestly, if MatPat spent half as much time testing the robustness of his theories as he did writing smarmy condescending filler, he'd be a much better theorist. Seriously, how much time did he spend talking about reading the book and being all smug about it? And in the end none of that mattered because the book isn't game-canon, much of his theory is built on a foundation of sand.

The only things we know 100% about the game-universe Mr. Afton named in SL are:

A man

British Accent

Important person at Afton Robotics (not necessarily involved in design or production of animatronics)

Had to answer for certain design choices in the animatronics regardless

Nowhere does it say he personally built anything or that he was involved with making the suits at all, and using the child audio to try and pinpoint the player character as Afton relies on links that aren't necessarily there. We don't even know the man's first name, and the voice-is-Afton's-daughter thing is just a popular assumption based on an accent and a company name. Accents and professions don't make blood relatives, so I'm going to consider that connection a red herring.

Edited by Lythiaren