Melomancer

5 nights at freddys

*headscratch* Not sure how someone being wrong about something makes them wrong about everything else on the subject forever, but I'll agree that people certainly aren't obligated to take MatPat's word as gospel.

Edit: Assuming he is wrong, of course. Purple Guy's identity was never actually established, but the whole Purple Guy as Phone Guy didn't sit well with me either.

Edited by Kith

Counter argument time *yay* xd.png

Yes the Mangle ANIMATRONIC was built in 1987, but who's to say that what we see in the childs room is an animatronic? Its a toy. The same argument applies to the various other animatronics. We see Mangle in the boys house, but neither she, Foxy, regular Bonnie, Regular Freddy or Chica can be seen anywhere in the restaurant. So isn't it entirely possible that these characters exist within the tv show, but not the restaurant yet? So yes, this "could" still take place in 1987, but due to the fact we only see Golden Freddy and Golden Bonnie, I have doubts. As we can clearly see the specifics of the time of this game are up for debate xd.png

But we're all free to our opinions, we really aren't meant to figure this out completely. As MatPat says, if we do get a concrete answer, then the game stops being on our minds and will eventually be forgotten. By making things appear to be one thing but possibly being another, Scott keeps us talking about it, which is still pretty cool no matter whose theory we believe, or disagree with, in the end.

And I'm still on the "phone guy did it" bandwagon, but that's just my 2 cents, wont get into that.

Edited by dragontamer44722

Not to mention, the Mangle was originally not supposed to be a... mangle. Dumb kids just couldn't keep their hands to themselves and after a while the staff just gave up on trying to put it back together again, turning Mangle into a take-apart-and-put-together attraction. Mangle's original design was supposed to be a more kid-friendly version of Foxy.

Mangle's very existence is tied to the grabby kids in the restaurant, otherwise Mangle would just be Toy Foxy.

Edit: Ninja'd tongue.gif

Edited by Ripan

I'll concede that point, though I still believe in MatPats theory (again, theory) Something to point out as well since he did reference it in his video (and I did see it as well), the one where he explains how fnaf 4 was wrong, for a little while there was a comment by Scott Cawthon which said he missed a crucial point, which MatPat later saw and addressed. The fact that Scott hinted at the missed tv show (which Mat didn't address at all in that video) means to me that the tv show is a crucial point. Is it telling us the date? Is it explaining something to us we just haven't figured out yet? Who knows (well, Scott does but hes keeping his mouth shut). But I wont drag this out anymore, theories abound on the series and that's just fine, keeps the brain juices flowing right?

edit: and just so I don't come off as a troll I'll read through the five pages, now I'm genuinely interested in seeing how this argument played out.

Here's another thing I've noticed recently, We've always assumed that the Springlock incident had taken place before fnaf 2, but we've never gotten anything to confirm this. In fact, In fnaf 2, Phone guy mentions that one of the NEW features of the toy animatronics is the ability to walk around freely.

The animatronics could not roam before fnaf 2.

The springsuits were capable of roaming before the Springlock incident.

That is true, and you are right in fnaf4 we don't see the suits walking around without someone in them, so we can assume they are only in animatronic mode while on stage. But that's a little strange then. Fnaf 2 takes place in 87, so if we think that fnaf 4 is in 87 as well, it must take place before 2. As we all know the kid gets bit and most likely causes the golden suits to be discontinued (not technically a springlock failure as you pointed out but I think having them still there would result in bad press), which then leads to the new animatronics being made. Would all of this been possible to do within a few months? granted I'm looking at this from your perspective of this being in 87, so this would have taken place prior to November (the date on the check in fnaf2) Theres really too many loopholes in the story for anything concrete I guess, I can point out several but wont clog the thread with them.

edit: wait the springsuits could roam? did Phone guy say they could? In fnaf 4 we don't see them walking around, and I cant recall phone guy saying that they could either but that may just be my bad memory.

edit: wait the springsuits could roam? did Phone guy say they could? In fnaf 4 we don't see them walking around, and I cant recall phone guy saying that they could either but that may just be my bad memory.

Yes, Phone Guy said in the 3 tapes that the suits in animatronic mode would go toward sounds for "maximum crowd-pleasing value," so they had to be capable of at least limited movement.

Ah yes that's right. oopsie xd.png

And I read through the whole thread to see the argument, and man does my head hurt now xd.png I really like both theories (sailings and MatPats) can I choose to believe both? :3

whats up with the weird new babyfaced chica and gfred in the thank you image??? who is she. whats scott doing

Edited by Switch

whats up with the weird new babyfaced chica and gfred in the thank you image??? who is she. whats scott doing

Scott was going to release new DLC for FNAF 4 in October, maybe it has something to do with that?

we've come full circle. the animatronics went from innocent looking to full on edgelord with like 50 sets of teeth and now theyre even more babyfaced.

Perhaps old news by now since it was released nearly 3 weeks ago, but Scott gives a bit of info on what the Halloween stuff is supposed to be... with some disappointment regarding the box.

Note: Comment section likely to have strong language.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/388090/ann...327007944045364

It boggles the mind how everyone is missing things, that nobody has put it all together properly. I mean, some theory videos have come out since that posting, but there's been no edit or new post, and Scott does seem to keep an eye on the things.

(Also, new Balloon Boy has been added to the Thank You image)

No! I really wanted to know more background story by the actual creator! unsure.gif

I know, too many teeth on the nightmare animatronics!

But then I released part 4, and somehow.... no one, not a single person, found the pieces. The story remains completely hidden.

I'm actually feeling rather excited about this. biggrin.gif There's still more mystery to uncover!

Even if the material is old, you can still find new things every time you revisit it. smile.gif

/Nerding archaeologist

Edit: Isn't that also a "cutified" version of an endoskeleton on the thank you-page now?

Edited by Ripan

Edit: Isn't that also a "cutified" version of an endoskeleton on the thank you-page now?

Ah. Yes, that was there yesterday too, but I couldn't remember if it had been there before or not. >..<

I'm actually feeling rather excited about this. biggrin.gif There's still more mystery to uncover!

I'm glad it excites you. It makes me rather sad that he may not release the information because there's something wrong with the community's acceptance. It's likely not his intent, but it feels somewhat like "if you can't figure it out, I won't tell you."

I read that as a challenge; that the doors are still open.

I have however encountered an author with a mindset like that, and boy I'd really hate for that to be the case with this franchise as well. >.<

And now cute Foxy has joined the screen.

Edit: Cute Mangle plus Steam announcement... copy/pasted because the comments are awful already.

Hi everyone, this is a big update! smile.gif

I wanted to keep my plans for a new game secret until Halloween, but while my teasers have created excitement for some people, they have created some confusion as well, mainly because people don't know if the Five Nights at Freddy's story is over or not.

It's very important for me to say again that there will NOT be a Five Nights at Freddy's 5. The story is complete, and the Halloween update and new game will not add to it.

That being said, I wanted to use these characters in a new and fun way because they are so near and dear to my heart, and I was excited to work on a type of game that I hadn't made in a long time.

The new game that I'm working on will be called FNAF World. It will not be a horror game, but a role playing game where you create a party using the huge selection of characters from the FNaF games, including the classic, withered, toy, phantom, and nightmare versions. I've been working steadily on characters and hope to start on enemy models next week.

The bad news is that it's unlikely that a demo will be ready for Halloween like I had hoped, since this game's scope is significantly larger than previous games in the series. However, I will release a free demo, as promised, as soon as it's ready!

FNAF World will be released on PC, Android, and iOS. I don't have an estimated release date yet since the game is still early in development.

I hope you enjoy the new designs of the "adventure" characters, as I call them. Stay tuned for more updates!

Edited by Kith

Two things confuse me about FNaF World... how it can refrain from adding to the story, and what the enemies could possibly be, other than Purple Guy and possibly some other employees.

Scott changes scottgames.com so much that I can't keep up anymore.  unsure.gif Cute foxy is my favourite so far. I checked this morning to see, D'aww Mangle and Toy Bonnie have changed with an additional animatronic! This afternoon: Broken Mangle, Springtrap (who in my opinion looks very unhappy to be here), Withered Chica (in between Bonnie and Freddy at the front!), several more Bonnies and probably some other secret I haven't noticed. Did you also notice the image on Scottgames at this very moment changed from Thankyou.jpg to Fnafworld.jpg? (The 'Thank you' text has also been changed to 'Fnaf World' but you probably noticed that already.)

Overall, 7 new animatronics in the 6 hours I was away. I can't help but be very confused with all this. Oh and this isn't even all of them. Scott says there will be hidden ones too. ;_;

Sorry this post is a muddle, but I was really anticipating 'The Desolate Hope 2' and whatever would be in the box. FNAF World will probably be a success, but at the moment, i'm really not feeling it for FNAF World. Unless the either the ultimate aim or a secret aim in FNAF World is to open the box, I don't.. I don't know anymore. ._.

Maybe i'm underestimating Scott, but I honestly have no clue right now and i'm frightfully confused. I don't even think we've discovered the whole FNAF storyline, yet..

The box was never meant to be opened.

~Removed~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

The box was never meant to be opened.

~Removed~

"What's in the box? It's the pieces put together. But the bigger question is- would the community accept it that way? The fact that the pieces have remained elusive this time strikes me as incredible, and special, a fitting conclusion in some ways, and because of that, I've decided that maybe some things are best left forgotten, forever."

This would seem to indicate that originally Scott meant it to be opened eventually, but has since decided that it might remain permanently locked.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I've been watching the live stream hosted by game theory. Apparently they think they had solved that mangle being in 1983 (something about it not being the mangle) , only for scott to update the official site and point out that One of the girl's toys, the toy chica figurine, is missing it's beak.

A feature that Toy chic from fnaf 2 was known for.

It's becoming more clear to me that FNAF 4 and 2 are very closely connected time wisee

Edited by sailing101