Doctortear

Clandestine Rhymes OOC

Okay, that sounds good. I need to find out if Coconut Crabs exist on this island or not so I can troll everyone with them! biggrin.gif

Edit: Also, the Halloween Dragons have begun appearing.

Edited by Draconic29

Ok. Also, although this is only in consideration, I'm planning to do something with a pillow dragon. I'm stuck between the names Ayumu and Morpheus, cause I'm not sure whether to make it a boy or a girl.

I think Ayumu can be used for either gender.

Also, does anyone know where Skiddajane is? I've been kinda waiting on her reply with the group Kalu is in.

Skidda comes and goes. She's probably busy with school things. Sorry :c

I guess you'll have to wait for her, or cut off the interaction.

Sorry for taking so long, Tribal! My life shat on me a little bit, so I haven't been able to make it to a computer. I'll get to critiquing your sheet in-depth later today or tomorrow c:

No problem, I think being able to roleplay in this story is worth waiting. It has such a interesting concept!

Chatzy was down for a bit today, that's probably why. I couldn't use other chatrooms, either, and a friend PMed me with the same problem.

Chatzy has been having problems for the past few days. If you'd like, I can open up a temporary chat for the time being.

Well it's back online now so I won't have to make a new chatroom. Still, it might help if I plan to do so in the event that this happens again.

Chatzy in general still doesn't work for me... So, um, yeah...

I'll troubleshoot later

Well you need to ask for the password and the website is having issues at the moment.

Well you need to ask for the password and the website is having issues at the moment.

You gave me the password when you first made the chatroom, though I never really came in when you guys were around.

Hm, well the site is on right now, but it may not work for you. The chat is merely a place where everyone can speak about what they want to do concerning CR more smoothly. Though sometimes we do just chat and talk about other things. It isn't required for you to go on chat, but it really helps if you do.

Username: Coryn02

Name: Mercury

Breed: Shadow Walker

Appearance: Mercury's eyes are a cloudy sky blue in color, with the rest of his body tinted in the same color to a lesser degree. His eyes do not have any pupils or irises. There is no ghostly mist around him because he cannot yet control his invisibility. His mane (I'm going to assume that's what it is) has more blue tint in it than the rest of his body, but otherwise is not out of the ordinary for his breed.

Picture: user posted image

Personality: Mercury tends to keep to himself. He will usually not seek out attention, instead contenting himself with those who choose to remain in his midst.

Mercury still prefers to have company, although he will not go out in search of it. He is willing to speak and interact with others, although he will not be found in a crowd.

He's a bit too unwilling to take sides for that sort of thing, and instead does only what he must to get by. To him, no person can be good or bad, only at odds with another.

Mercury has a dislike for any dragon that is well-suited to being the center of attention. He envies the fact that others are more at ease in conversation.

In spite of this, he is a trustworthy friend to those he knows and will help friends in need. He will never forget a favor someone has done for him and puts great importance in repaying what is owed to others, even if this is mostly because he hates being under anyone's heel. On the other hand, if you get into a disagreement with him, don't expect that he will want to have anything to do with you if he can help it.

Crush/Mate: Mercury has no love interest to begin with, although I am open to the idea later on.

Power: Aside from the normal shifting-invisibility magic typical of Shadow Walkers (which he cannot use initially), Mercury has no real magic talents. He can breathe fire like most dragons, although he generally doesn't.

Other: Mercury is softly spoken. He dislikes the way his scales look because he thinks he looks weird. He likes to hunt in the forest, stargaze and is afraid of the dark (unless he is stargazing or other dragons are around). He prefers his meat cooked, and rarely eats anything but meat/fish, preferably the former. His color shall be dark green, because it reminds him of the woodlands he likes to hunt in.

Codeword: Mordor

There are a few things I should like to amend with this; For one thing, I have no idea how big Shadow Walkers really are, so that'd be good to know. I'm also wondering if there is any way I can improve his personality description, since I'm pretty sure it is incomplete. And this thing about colors; it is just to identify my posts better and nothing more? How do I even specify a color to use in the formatting of a post?

Edited by Coryn02

There are a few things I should like to amend with this; For one thing, I have no idea how big Shadow Walkers really are, so that'd be good to know. I'm also wondering if there is any way I can improve his personality description, since I'm pretty sure it is incomplete. And this thing about colors; it is just to identify my posts better and nothing more? How do I even specify a color to use in the formatting of a post?

Last I checked, Shadow Walkers are a little bigger than the average human. If it helps, there is a drawn and numerical size chart on the second page of the IC. Mercury should be a little bigger than Kalana (the Striped).

Colors are both for helping identify a post and to make it pretty. A colored post is normally a lot more interesting than a normal black one. As for claiming a color, as stated in the OP, you simply put the color you want to use in the other section of your character sheet. Make sure you check the taken color list to see what colors are taken. They are not necessary at all, but everyone has taken a color so far.

EX: "[insert character's name here]'s color is blue.

As for posting a color into your post, it's rather simply.

1) Start a new post

2) Go the Code Buttons section above your post

3) Go the color section

4) Select any color it doesn't matter which

5) Look for the color you selected (Is seen as ""

6) Replaced whatever color is currently there with the color you want to use.

7) ???

8) Profit!

I added Mercury's color and removed his size reduction; he's as big as I thought anyway, so no need to make him smaller. I don't think dark green is taken, is it?

And what about the character himself? Is there anything I neglected to develop or that would be useful to know about him?

Mind if I lurk? I've been offline for quite a while (read: 2 years) now and it's surprising to see something that is actually holding traction. Don't want to mess anything up, however, by trying something I'm no longer prepared for or able to sustain.

Really interesting premise, though. Great to see that this site isn't dead.

Mind if I lurk? I've been offline for quite a while (read: 2 years) now and it's surprising to see something that is actually holding traction. Don't want to mess anything up, however, by trying something I'm no longer prepared for or able to sustain.

Really interesting premise, though. Great to see that this site isn't dead.

Yes, Shiba, we very much mind that you lurk. How dare you start your lurking ways again, shoo! All things considering, it's good to see you back. That DD reboot I was talking about before may be showing up soon so that might catch your attention.

---

I bet y'all have noticed how there hasn't been a post in a week. Most of you are waiting for others to post, yes? Well, guess what rule is going into play.

People who have not posted for weeks on end or have given a notification that they will be absent will be put on the inactive list. Your characters will stay on this list until you post. If you continue to log onto the forum and never PM us or send us some sort of message explaining why you are not posting, then your characters may be deleted without your permission. If your character is deleted and you wish to rejoin the RP, then PM one of the admins.

That's right, we're putting people in the inactive list. If someone is in the inactive list, than you can completely ignore their character if necessary and go on without them. We understand that people have lives and stuff gets in the way sometimes, but we also made sure that you guys know that we can't wait forever. The story will go on without you if you do not post. Joining CR, just as joining anything else, is a commitment. You don't have to post every day or every week even, but you do have to show up. Why would you join a club if you only go to one meeting and that's it? The club isn't going to hold off their meetings just to wait for you. They're going to go on without you and maybe even kick you out! So, for those of you who can't post because you're waiting on others, check the inactive list (which is on the first page of the OOC) and see if the person you're waiting on is there. If so, you can go on without them if it is absolutely necessary. I'm not sure this will help people post, but this needed to be said anyway. If no one posts for rest of this week, I'll just go ahead and do a post out of necessity. I don't need to post, but I will find a reason to.

Cheers!

Eep! I just noticed that I've been put on the inactive characters list . . . really sorry I've been so inactive! I've just posted, so you can take me off of it, really!

Eep! I just noticed that I've been put on the inactive characters list . . . really sorry I've been so inactive! I've just posted, so you can take me off of it, really!

Heh, you've been removed from the inactive list.

Uh... is this RP dead? blink.gif

I'm pretty sure they're also busy with another RP. Give them time, they'll come back. Not to mention people have lives, too.