TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

Sorry if I worded my last post in a way that was confusing. I meant more like support than complain.  We could use more input over there and the more players that participate and input their ideas, the better chances will be to create change.  :D

On 1/9/2020 at 11:44 AM, meeps114 said:

I don’t normally hate on massbreeds, but oh my god, the weekly nocturne/celestial wall is so annoying. It’s just so frequent. I hate it.

Agreed. I don’t care how pretty the lineages are. Days and days and days of Nocturnes is not cute. :rolleyes:

Ruins my ability to collect anything for trades, and my hunt for CB APs for my scroll goals.  Completely screws up AP hunting for days on end. 

I don’t mind the occasional mass breed when it’s done purposefully, like Jazeki does and like Sock used to do.  But this is overkill. 

Sadly I have to agree. For the last few weeks, it seems like any time my scroll unlocks, there is a wall of one breed, and I am trying to stock up on CBs, so I turn to catching biome eggs instead and it locks me even longer and I find that my average amount of hatchies and eggs is 15 total on my scroll because I cant catch any cbs from the AP to insta hatch like I used to. And there are so many messy nocturnes, I hate sorting through them...But I guess walls wouldnt form if the eggs had nicer lineages. 😅

Edited by emetib92

Oof, I think we finally got to the end of that Nocturne wall. That one seemed EXTRA long. I've been hatching and throwing back entire batches all day, heh.

I have bred around 40 eggs to the AP yesterday - a variety of breeds, mostly 2nd gen. hybrids, Lunars and a few 2nd gen. Holiday kins.

Per my earlier post, I've launched just a hair over 200 2G blacktips at the AP, almost all of them purebred, with a sprinkling of holidaykin 2gs. Also fired off PB 2gs of a few other breeds on my scroll for good measure! No two-day salt walls this time when they arrive in a couple of days!

I was going to breed only 2Gs yesterday, but ended up breeding every even gen pair I had already paired on my scroll. Oops :ph34r:

On a plus side, there's lots of various breeds there, so no chance any of them would create a wall with small exception of PB Undines maybe

I don't have much dragon ( 340 may be ), but i tried some couples today, and send the eggs on the AP.

A short list of them:

Pure Blood 2 and 3 Gen

Two Headed Lindwyrm

Aranoa, Floret wylwern, Magi - 2, Purple, Xeno Magelia, Xeno Gaia, Golden Wylwern, Terrae, Sandwaste

Also:

Geode, GemShard, Lunar, Nebula, ReisenSong, PyralStripe, And 2 prize kid's

I hope they make someone happy after 2-3 dayes.

Edited by Alesita

On 1/12/2020 at 4:00 AM, Firefury Amahira said:

Per my earlier post, I've launched just a hair over 200 2G blacktips at the AP, almost all of them purebred, with a sprinkling of holidaykin 2gs. Also fired off PB 2gs of a few other breeds on my scroll for good measure! No two-day salt walls this time when they arrive in a couple of days!

I’m glad the AP times will get nudged down a little bit

I'm so happy this years holly contest breed is blacktips. Fingers crossed for even more walls of them xD
I actually like them, so a few messy freezies won't hurt and I want to do some blacktip checkers.
Not a fan of everlasting walls of mainly messy dragons, but some walls here and there are always nice to bring times down and force me to actually go cave haunting/breed.

Does anyone have a bsa massbreed planned before valentines starts? Because if so pls lmk I'd love to throw in mine. :)

16 hours ago, Reykur said:

I'm so happy this years holly contest breed is blacktips. Fingers crossed for even more walls of them xD
I actually like them, so a few messy freezies won't hurt and I want to do some blacktip checkers.
Not a fan of everlasting walls of mainly messy dragons, but some walls here and there are always nice to bring times down and force me to actually go cave haunting/breed.

Does anyone have a bsa massbreed planned before valentines starts? Because if so pls lmk I'd love to throw in mine. :)

Well, you'll be happy to know I just launched another 200 PB 2G blacktips at the AP then. ;)

Just sent 67 2nd generation Tercorns to the AP! :) 

On 1/18/2020 at 9:35 AM, Reykur said:

I'd love to do a BSA breed before Valentines. What day do you think is the most optimum?  I have an army of Reds and a battalion of Pinks I could mass breed.  I will send you a PM per your post but  also decided to quote you here in case anyone else wants to join in.

Whatever is going on in the AP right now is gorgeous. It was all shades of red, and now it's shades of orange. 

It looks so pretty!  :wub:  Was this organized in secret somewhere?

2 hours ago, Barb_ said:

I'd love to do a BSA breed before Valentines. What day do you think is the most optimum?  I have an army of Reds and a battalion of Pinks I could mass breed.  I will send you a PM per your post but  also decided to quote you here in case anyone else wants to join in.

I think mostly red and maybe white and magi? If I'm not mistaken valentines is the only holiday where none of them can have both genders, so pinks or aeons would not really be needed. Also they never refuse their mate during their holidays, as opposed to the rest of the year, so no purples either.
Then again if it's a bit in advance why not just breed all of the BSAs? I'm always happy to find some low(er) timed ones in the AP. And I can't recall people ever being annoyed with BSA eggs. ^^
Definitly don't have enough for anything close to a wall myself. It's about 90 pinks and well over 100 reds, also I think 30 aeons? Plus some of the other breeds.

On 1/19/2020 at 7:59 AM, Firefury Amahira said:

Well, you'll be happy to know I just launched another 200 PB 2G blacktips at the AP then. ;)

OH YES! Forgot to post yesterday, but I went to breed blusang x blacktip and actually got a 2G blusang now. Also hope to catch one of the eggs when they hit the AP. Thanks so much!

4 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

It looks so pretty!  :wub:  Was this organized in secret somewhere?

It was a test rainbow breed done by the Unoffical Discord in prep for a massive all breed rainbow wall in June for Pride.

I hope we can get a few folks on board with  a Red, White and Magi mass breed for Valentines.  Any excuse for a BSA mass breed.

1 hour ago, RAAMIsABeast said:

It was a test rainbow breed done by the Unoffical Discord in prep for a massive all breed rainbow wall in June for Pride.

It's so pretty!  I was like 'Who color sorted the AP?'

2 hours ago, RAAMIsABeast said:

It’s gorgeous!! 💕

That rainbow AP really was beautiful! I wouldn't mind seeing more mass-breeds color-coordinated like that, it looked awesome!

I'm loving the 'rainbow' massbreeding this week!  What a great idea.  There's a nice variety in the AP, while still letting the massbreeders have fun. 

15 hours ago, RAAMIsABeast said:

Actually, it wasn't in preparation for the June rainbow wall (which is a one color a day event, I believe). (Those who are curious about the June Pride Mass Breed, btw, contact RAAM, who has made a beautiful spreadsheet sorting all the breeds into the proper colors!)

This is its own, separate kind of massbreed that takes a new concept (short breeding windows for each color) and applies it to specific breeds rather than all in that color (though we of course did have a few people who bred other breeds during the color windows because they wanted to and had the time, and that's fine).

We had a good handful of people participating, 15-minute windows, and roughly six breeds for each color for the first test "fastbreed" (as we're calling it). After looking at the results from this one, we're adjusting things for the next one (mostly removing breeds that seemed to sit for a long time and supplementing yellow with a couple breeds because it never really came through like the other colors). We'll be doing a few tests between now and June, adjusting as we see things work out, until we've reached the point that we feel like we can "call down the rainbow" when we're in the mood. (It's very draining to breed a lot of dragons in so short a time, but also a lot of fun, we got super hyped during the first test. XD )

I'm so glad people liked the rainbows, because the purpose of this fastbreed was to make the AP pretty while bringing down the times a little so the AP is more incu-hatchable for people...without walling for too long. :D  Our rainbow ended up being in the AP for a good 12 hours or so, which surprised me, to be honest. XD The next one might last less time, due to the changes in breeding window time (down to 10 minutes) and the adjustments with the breeds (removing a few seemingly undesirable breeds). But it's definitely still a work-in-progress, so I hope you will continue to enjoy the rainbows as they flow through during our tests! :D