TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

I got ~200 eggs from what was available on my "breed for AP" list. I bred them sorted by name so there shouldn't be too many of one breed clumped together, but I guess there might be an AP full of (mostly) my eggs in 2 days or so. I hope they're not too boring. And I hope they'll help bring the AP time down a little. 

So glad someone's breeding Ashes. I tried so many Ash x Stripe pairs last week and got nothing but Ash when I wanted a Stripe 😂

Thank you to whoever massbred SALTkin whites a week or two ago. I thought they were just regular old whites until I looked closer at the line.

Just tossed about 30 Red’s/pinks into the AP. Cheers, guys. 

Sent 34 Tercorns to the AP 💖😁 I can’t get enough of these cuties! Hope people enjoy discovering them.

I don't know if zombie breeding is any better on Friday the 13ths, but if you want to take a stab at neverending love unlife, why not get yourself something or someone special a little early for the holidays?

You may want to hold off AP-breeding this week, there's a holiday wall coming up on Thursday!

I just bred a bunch of Siyat/Blusang pairs trying to get a Blusang, so...there will be many Siyats upcoming, unless they all die behind the holiday wall. I hope some can be saved! Siyats are cute.

@Suzumiya Unfortunately they will not appear on the AP. The holiday wall will be there for more than 7 days. You could try adding them to hatcheries when they're down to a very low time so they hatch while they're still in the AP queue. But then they might still grow up before they get a chance to appear on the AP. Last year's holiday wall lasted until the 29th or 30th.

8 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

@Suzumiya Unfortunately they will not appear on the AP. The holiday wall will be there for more than 7 days. You could try adding them to hatcheries when they're down to a very low time so they hatch while they're still in the AP queue. But then they might still grow up before they get a chance to appear on the AP. Last year's holiday wall lasted until the 29th or 30th.

Awww. Poor babies! There are over 40 of them. I think they're gonna die. XD

*sneaky bump*

So, what started as "I'mma massbreed all my CB blacktips and send a truckload of PB 2g blacktip eggs to the AP this weekend!" turned into the unofficial Discord going from "I want to help!" to "Hey, what if we all massbreed a boatload of PB 2g commons?"

And I was all "DUDE! LET'S DO IT!" Everyone wins! Ratios get smacked at for multiple breeds, the resulting AP wall would be a rainbow variety pack of multiple clean 2g lineages, and AP times can get pushed down if enough eggs are bred! So consider this an open invite to join the PB 2g party!

@Firefury Amahira So that would be (starting) in four days? I might try to add some eggs that are not PB 2nd gens - not to spoil your event, just to keep the AP more interesting for more players.

Anyway thank you for doing this!  :) 

Hey, I'd be totally cool with everyone breeding their CB stripes- I need 2g blacks!! 

I don't massbreed any one thing since I don't have enough, but I did just breed most of the goodies off my scroll in the past few days: all prizes, salts, bsas, thuweds, zombie lines, etc. 

48 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

@Firefury Amahira So that would be (starting) in four days? I might try to add some eggs that are not PB 2nd gens - not to spoil your event, just to keep the AP more interesting for more players.

Anyway thank you for doing this!  :) 

More like 5 days, it's still Monday here! 😁 And no worries, it's less "formal event" and more "random brainwave that caught on in Discord." The more people breeding stuff, the lower those AP times go!

2 hours ago, Firefury Amahira said:

*sneaky bump*

So, what started as "I'mma massbreed all my CB blacktips and send a truckload of PB 2g blacktip eggs to the AP this weekend!" turned into the unofficial Discord going from "I want to help!" to "Hey, what if we all massbreed a boatload of PB 2g commons?"

And I was all "DUDE! LET'S DO IT!" Everyone wins! Ratios get smacked at for multiple breeds, the resulting AP wall would be a rainbow variety pack of multiple clean 2g lineages, and AP times can get pushed down if enough eggs are bred! So consider this an open invite to join the PB 2g party!

Definitely 2nd gens. That would be awesome. 2nd gens with CB holiday mates would be okay with me. I have sooo many that I need,

I don’t normally hate on massbreeds, but oh my god, the weekly nocturne/celestial wall is so annoying. It’s just so frequent. I hate it.

22 hours ago, meeps114 said:

I don’t normally hate on massbreeds, but oh my god, the weekly nocturne/celestial wall is so annoying. It’s just so frequent. I hate it.

Agreed.  Haven't been able to hunt for anything interesting for days.  

Everyone is entitled to play the game the way they want, but do try to have a little respect for those of us who aren't thrilled by massbreeds.

On 1/6/2020 at 9:10 PM, Firefury Amahira said:

*sneaky bump*

This inspired me to breed a bunch of pure 2nd gen eggs for the AP today. Only about 20, but I figure somebody will enjoy finding them!

On 1/9/2020 at 10:44 AM, meeps114 said:

4 hours ago, littleironhorse said:

Agreed.  Haven't been able to hunt for anything interesting for days.  

Everyone is entitled to play the game the way they want, but do try to have a little respect for those of us who aren't thrilled by massbreeds.

Yeah it's making it hard to find new breeds when this happens once a week. Also it seams to me that the breed itself heavily influences how popular a mass breed is. 

There's been much discussion of this problem in the Suggestions and Requests section.  It would help, if you are distressed about the walls, if you share your ideas.  At best, we might come up with a solution; at worst, TJ (who has been following that thread) will see your complaint.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/186008-abandoned-page-compendium-display-suggestions/page/10/?tab=comments#comment-9902452

23 minutes ago, Stormcaller said:

There's been much discussion of this problem in the Suggestions and Requests section.  It would help, if you are distressed about the walls, if you share your ideas.  At best, we might come up with a solution; at worst, TJ (who has been following that thread) will see your complaint.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/186008-abandoned-page-compendium-display-suggestions/page/10/?tab=comments#comment-9902452

It is worth noting that thread is not for complaints.   It is for constructive suggestions.  LadyLyzar states in the opening post:  

A previous topic about this had to be closed due to fighting, so upfront we will need...

**************RULES!!!*************

1. This thread is for AP functionality and/or display suggestions only.  Feel free to discuss any current suggestions or come up with some of your own.
  2. This thread is NOT about whether mass breeding is good, bad, whatever.  Any such posts will be considered SPAM.
  3. Discussion of why users mass breed belongs in Site Discussion as that is not a suggestion.
  4. Attacks on other users will NOT be tolerated, nor will any snarky comments.  These will be removed.
  5. This thread will be closely watched by the mod team, so please follow the rules and get along!
  6. If the thread turns into a fight, it will be closed.

Sorry if I worded my last post in a way that was confusing. I meant more like support than complain.  We could use more input over there and the more players that participate and input their ideas, the better chances will be to create change.  :D