TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

Glad that this thread got a bit of clean start. I posted earlier but it was removed in the thread cleaning: I bred a bunch of my Pillows today. I bred every CB pair I could, plus some more even gens, and a few messy ones by accident. I dumped at least 100 eggs into the AP but probably not much more than that (got lazy) over the course of 2-3 hours. So yeah, in a few days, the answer to the question "who keeps breeding one egg to abandon?" is gonna be me and my Pillow hoard. Apologies if I disrupt anyone's day significantly. Fuzzy hatchies for all!

Edited by glamoursea2

Aww, I'm glad this thread survived our little dust up! And I'm sorry if my comments unintentionally upset anyone; that was never my intention.

/bows out, carry on everyone.

Just added 9 eggs to the Pillow party. :3 They're all PB, various stages steps of a staircase, and with a naming scheme. ^^

I tried for Pillows... But all I got were Teimarrs and Cassares. There are a half dozen or so of each in the backlog, along with some Brutes and various others.

Cheers!

C4.

That nuke though.

Well, glad that's over.

Wish I had armies of cool stuff to mass breed. xd.png

I could contribute a handful of black eggs to a massbreed... but the only thing I have an army of is reds, and I'm keeping those. >___> most of 'em, anyway.

I need to start counting my hoards and seeing what nice things I can mass breed.

I find mass breeding mildly annoying BUT I'm sure when I see a mass breed of one I like I will change my opinion tongue.gif

I find mass breeding mildly annoying BUT I'm sure when I see a mass breed of one I like I will change my opinion tongue.gif

Its absolutely amazing how people's views on mass breeding changes with the breed.

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Cheers!

C4.

Its absolutely amazing how people's views on mass breeding changes with the breed.

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Cheers!

C4.

user posted image

LOL

If I could mass dump vamps into the AP I would... trust me I damn as sure would. but vamps have that thing where they may kill an egg and well not willing to lock my self with dead eggs just to try and mass create vamps.

I don't do mass breeds (yet)... but I sometimes dump 2-4 eggs when I'm egg-locked. smile.gif

I find it kind of fun, kind of a gift to whomever finds them in the AP. biggrin.gif

Right now I have a Nebula that should be floating around the AP.

Hey guys.... how about this for a suggestion.

I have over 250 prizes, the majority of which are 5th gen and higher, and thus not really desirable for trade fodder unless you can catch the rare person who is trying to 'catch them all'.

I'd be perfectly willing to mass breed THOSE to the AP.

Anyone willing to join me? I'm sure there's plenty of people with even more prizes than me who let them sit on their scroll collecting dust, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd love any shimmer/tinsel no matter how ugly.

If there's any interest, I might just create a thread like those scheduled mass breedings people have started doing.

Anyone? Anyone? Beuler? Beuler?

*cricket chirp*

I have over 250 prizes, the majority of which are 5th gen and higher, and thus not really desirable for trade fodder unless you can catch the rare person who is trying to 'catch them all'.

Anyone willing to join me? I'm sure there's plenty of people with even more prizes than me who let them sit on their scroll collecting dust, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd love any shimmer/tinsel no matter how ugly.

If there's any interest, I might just create a thread like those scheduled mass breedings people have started doing.

*cricket chirp*

I'm down~ :3 I dont have a whole lot but I do have a decent amount.

*cricket chirp*

You won't be able to make a wall. Prize ratios are too far off. Every egg you get.... reduces the chance of the next egg.

All you'll really accomplish is to drive Prizes into even rarer status. Which, as far as ideas goes, is probably not a good one. As irritated as the forums got over the recent Neo boom... Driving a rare even more rare effects a lot more people for a LOT longer.

Cheers!

C4.

There was a group Gold mass breeding some time ago, which skewed up ratios for months/years after. Rare mass breeds aren't a good idea, due to ratios. :c

I feel like I'm arbitrarily judging by saying this, but I'm not trying to. Common and even uncommon mass breedings are just easier and not as.. stressful on the ratios.

*cricket chirp*

Part of the problem is people already do this. Mostly during the 6 month holiday dryspell. Knowing that when the holidays walls will fade to incuhatchies, people tend to breed uncommon, rare and "pretties" en masse. Every holiday post there's peopel posting about it. And it's happened for years. It's probably part of the reason that some of the commons are so very far out of whack.

*cricket chirp*

I'd be down to breed in something like that, if only it would work xP

Although, why not get together and mass breed dragons that are common/unusual AND useful? Such as all the BSAs? Reds, Pinks, Purples, etc.?

Edited by Wahya

I just bred a bunch of pretty-lineaged Splits to the AP. Not enough to make a wall probably, but 30 or 40 pairs in two sessions. I see so many fugly, inbred Splits in the AP that I feel the need every once in awhile to improve the breeding stock. wink.gif

Although, why not get together and mass breed dragons that are common/unusual AND useful? Such as all the BSAs? Reds, Pinks, Purples, etc.?

I like that idea a lot! And I'm sure more people would like it than hate it. I don't have many BSA's of my own, and I love catching one or two low-timers in the ap.

Hahaha I already do that on a regular basis. Mostly my reds and pinks, I don't care much about the others. Actually we occasionally plan such mass breedings on IRC.

And oh yeah... I didn't think of the ratio skewing from breeding prizes. Guess I won't then.

Hahaha I already do that on a regular basis. Mostly my reds and pinks, I don't care much about the others. Actually we occasionally plan such mass breedings on IRC.

And oh yeah... I didn't think of the ratio skewing from breeding prizes. Guess I won't then.

If you could PM me and direct me to the channel such is planned on, I'd greatly appreciate it smile.gif It seems that any time I join, it's pretty dead :/

And yeah. It stinks.