TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

I think it's interesting. I mostly collect Red Dragons, and occasionally, you see the AP full of them, it's very helpful.

Once I get more Pyralsprites, I'll breed walls of them to the AP. Then pick some back up once I get off the lock. biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, I have only one Pyralsprite... sad.gif

Once I get more Pyralsprites, I'll breed walls of them to the AP. Then pick some back up once I get off the lock. biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, I have only one Pyralsprite... sad.gif

Unfortunately you can only pick them up again if someone else has chucked them back.

That's not impossible, though.

Anyway, one I have pyralsprites, I'll massbreed them every single week. :3

Anyway, one I have pyralsprites, I'll massbreed them every single week. :3

There are plenty of the volcano variety to collect. Only the alpine and coastal ones don't feel like showing yet.

I know, I have two Pyropes (One egg and one adult) and none of the others. -.-

At least once my egg becomes an adult, I can have lots of Pyropes. smile.gif (Assuming they don't refuse! o.o)

Just bred ~15 reds from my hoard to the AP. Happy incubating!

I keep finding walls of different valentines~ That's how I have one of each type, with nice lineages.

I do this with my seasonals sometimes. You collect 100 or so dragons to get that one 8th gen and then they only get bred once. I feel sorry for them sitting around being unloved and they do look so nice in the AP. :-)

A wall of purebred Nocturnes. wub.gif I wish I could take more of them!

Yup. So many Nocturnes. blink.gif

There is nothing else there. It's amazing. I wonder who did it.

Just bred all 24 of my Sunsongs, 6 of them didn't breed, so in about 2 days, There will be 18 Sunsong eggs in the AP. tongue.gif

Unfortunately you can only pick them up again if someone else has chucked them back.

I was told if it's auto-abandoned, that you can pick it up if you see it in the AP?

Because of that, I frequently mass-breed whatever the Holly-competition breed is when I'm locked so that I might can pick some up later.

EDIT: For those interested in making mass-breeding somewhat easier: I use a browser plugin called Todoist. You can add a website as a task (so I add each individual dragon's page) and set it as a recurring task by putting its due date as "after 7" (meaning each time you mark it as complete, it shows up again when it can breed again, 7 days later).

Edited by FyoraSilverwolf

I was told if it's auto-abandoned, that you can pick it up if you see it in the AP?

Nope. That's a myth that comes up every now and then, but auto'ed eggs cannot be picked up by yourself before someone else has picked it up and dropped it again.

Because of that, I frequently mass-breed whatever the Holly-competition breed is when I'm locked so that I might can pick some up later.

EDIT: For those interested in making mass-breeding somewhat easier: I use a browser plugin called Todoist. You can add a website as a task (so I add each individual dragon's page) and set it as a recurring task by putting its due date as "after 7" (meaning each time you mark it as complete, it shows up again when it can breed again, 7 days later).

How is remembering to breed making the massbreeding any easier? I just don't get it...

You can add a website as a task (so I add each individual dragon's page) and set it as a recurring task

I think it's this part that makes it easier for her, once you have all the individual breed links saved in the plugin, you save a lot of scrolling and clicking.

I'm not serious enough about mass-breeding to organize it properly - I simply breed my nice-lineaged reds, pinks and pretty common checkers to the AP whenever I feel like it.

Edit: Oh, and I breed my undines to the AP every now and then. I had hoped I could pick some of them up myself and play alt-lotto with them, but people tend to keep bred undines from the AP, so I don't get the chance to pick them up.

Edited by Ha-Ki

Guess I will plan to be out shopping or something that day. Call me a spoil sport if you like but I personally don't find it a lot of fun to wade through an AP full of mass bred eggs of one type, not for hours on end.

I've only massbred my whites twice, first time it wasn't that much (around 80 or so I think), but second time around I literately bred hundreds of PB Whites. My wall of PB whites lasted for 5 hours. o3o

ETA: I don't think I'll be massbreeding them again until I reach my goal of 2,000 though :3

Edited by Saynna

Guess I will plan to be out shopping or something that day. Call me a spoil sport if you like but I personally don't find it a lot of fun to wade through an AP full of mass bred eggs of one type, not for hours on end.

I'm with you. I despise mass breeding. If I see it, I will pretty much log off for the day.

But hey, whatever people like. Play the game however you want! smile.gif

I'm generally against massbreeding, specially if people massbreed incredibly common AND messy lineaged eggs. Sometimes I see people massbreeding really nice lineages or lots of BSA dragons, which can be somewhat nice. But still I dislike it very much.

I'd be a lot more supportive of massbreeding if it was done by lineage pattern (like a massbreed of 3G checkers, or a massbreed of chevrons) than breed so as not to mess with ratios and so people who don't like the massbred dragon type aren't left AP-less for however many hours the resulting 'wall' lasts.

Mass breeding can be greatly appreciated if there's a variety of sprites with pretty lineages and useful BSAs so that people can use the dragons, rather than people just having to AP clean but honestly, there have been many times where there's nothing useful in the AP for a lot of us since this thread was been brought back up.

And people are also often looking for lower-time CB Commons which have been picked up and dropped to get the Cave moving but which can get buried under a multitude of mass-bred sprites.

Too often of late, the APs been plugged with messy lineages good only for those who Freeze.

So if anyone's mass-breeding in the hope of making a lot of people happy, rather than just to clog up the AP, I do hope they notice and consider this.

Certainly, in each case, it's your scroll and your dragons to do with as you please, but the rest of the members may not be very pleased with the AP being perpetually blocked up with dragons - too-often all of one sprite - for which a lot of them may have no use at all.

Nearly all of us hunt in the AP when possible, since the biomes so often still move slowly, and it kinda sucks when even one person breeding a large scroll of messies or with large numbers of single sprites can just shut it down for so many others.

Oh, I think I LOVE you! I get SOOOO sick of seeing the AP filled with only one kind of egg! I despise mass-breeding and feel that I'm being forced to play somebody else's game.

I do not want to sit there on end staring at a wall of RWs or Canopies or Flamingos, etc. I'll go out with you on that day AND the Ides of March. Also really hate the messy butt-ugly lineages that get forced down our throats when these jokers decide to breed every mongrel dragon on their Scroll.

If I do a 'mass-breeding', it's of my Prizes. At least I know they've got good lines and people will want them.