TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

20 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Not a very funny joke--I'm sorry.  :blush:

I found it funny :D

Looks like my handful of PB Reds went through unnoticed. They're at 2 days now XD

Sorry I skimmed through but didn't understand. Why do people want to wall the AP, and why do people want the AP to be walled?

42 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

Sorry I skimmed through but didn't understand. Why do people want to wall the AP, and why do people want the AP to be walled?

People have different reasons; maybe they just REALLY like a particular breed and do so accidentally when mass-breeding their own collection. Some do it to try and impact the ratios to improve their chances of getting something OTHER than that breed when pairing it. (For instance, there are some people trying to get prizes out of prize x blacktip, but the ratios are firmly against them.) Some folks do it for no other reason than the fact that they can. Personally, I'm a little of all of those.

The ratios are a big one though. For instance, the fact that I can singlehandedly clog the AP with blacktips just goes to show that the ratios are still whacked and how badly underpopulated that breed is- 1000 blacktip eggs sent to the AP and the market price didn't even twitch. Same with basically any other single-breed AP wall- the only reason those walls can happen is because the breed in question isn't very popular and thus is underpopulated. That's a big reason you'll see people in here requesting mass-breeds of a specific breed- they are likely working on a lineage project and need to be able to get something OTHER than that super-common breed out of a pairing.

I might be able to singlehandledly start shifting the ratios if I mass-breed my entire blacktip army every month instead of smaller mass-breeds to pair up newly-collected blacktips with newly-collected partners, but holy cow that is several hours of work to do. Corporealizing over 500 celestials alone takes a couple of hours, and the actual massbreeding of 770+ blacktips takes a good 3-4 hours if I'm being efficient and focused only on that and not multitasking at the same time. 😨

I'm one of those people who are building up armies of certain breeds with the intention of walling the AP at some point. I also breed every single one of my holidays to the AP during the respective holiday regardless of lineage, simply because 1. I can and 2. I know some people like messy lineages or are looking for things to freeze. I also breed things to the AP for shards and considering that's 50+ dragons bred at a time it can sometimes have an impact. I'd rather have a wall of a breed I don't like stopping me from AP hunting for twelve hours if it means someone can get that 2G metal or prize out of that breed.

At the end of the day, I enjoy walls because it helps the ratios and drives AP time down. I've seen some people boasting that they're turning on their adblock in protest and it usually just makes me laugh because TJ has an actual job and I don't think DC has ever made enough ad revenue by itself to keep costs up. Nothing's broken- everything's working as intended as far as the AP goes. If it's not broken, don't fix it. I'd say it's more selfish and rude to try to enforce anti-wall measures (what would it even be? Stop people from breeding?) than to wall the AP in the first place.

I'll get off my soapbox with a question: if TJ were to do "something" about the walls... what would the implications on the game mechanics be? AP showing out of order? Someone unable to breed a certain dragon? Egg deletion? Lowering egg time wouldn't do anything effective and everything else either wouldn't work or would unfairly affect someone.

Edited by Keileon

I bred my own (much smaller group of) Blacktips just to help out. End result: actually got three non-Blacktips from them. 5 Blacktips sent to the AP along with 1 Candelabra, 1 Freckled and 1 Melismor.

Can we maybe agree in stopping this blacktip mass breeding for a while to give other breeds a chance to show after half a day of blacktip walls only?

That's really annoying!

8 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Can we maybe agree in stopping this blacktip mass breeding for a while to give other breeds a chance to show after half a day of blacktip walls only?

That's really annoying!

Well, mine are all on cooldown, and the celestials I pair them with are out for the next month! :P

Well, someone had the bright idea to mass-breed gargoyles right on the blacktipper's heels, so...  *drums fingers*

Just bred all my reds and sent 98 eggs to the AP.

The AP is at 6 days 4 hours so watch for them in the next day and a half or so.  

For me personally the current high AP times of 6d+ are far worse than any walls I've witnessed so far. :unsure: I want my incuhatchable fun AP back instead of "almost cave timed" eggs :excl:

More walls, please.

58 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

For me personally the current high AP times of 6d+ are far worse than any walls I've witnessed so far. :unsure: I want my incuhatchable fun AP back instead of "almost cave timed" eggs :excl:

More walls, please.

Oh man, seriously. Praise the current Khusa wall, that should help knock the AP times back down again! ❤️

Sorry to disappoint but I split my khusa breedings this week so the wall is tiny. We surely need more eggs to knock those awful times down :(

Tiny wall!! Omg I love that, so rarely see pygmy walls. 

I'll be breeding most of my clean BSAs this evening in an attempt to help lower the AP time, but I don't have a huge amount. .... Maybe if I breed to Celestials.

If it will help, I can also breed BSAs, since they'll auto-kick.   The joys of being locked with breeding projects for a few hours. I'd mass-breed my spitfires, but no one wants wall-upon-wall of bronze & turquoise, I'll bet.

Seriously how did the time get this high with aaaaalllll the waaaaallls?

... I bred lots of things yesterday, I hope the eggs will help bring the time down. I think they should start showing up in a few hours.

I'm trying to get a Black Tea from Black Truffle for my Tea and Truffles lineage. If anyone has a black truffle army, now is your time to shine! 

Not an army, but I bred my available CBs and got 10 Truffle eggs. (Plus 3 other breeds and 7 nothings.)

Brimstone wall! And I found an awesome messy 42nd-gen among all the 'clean's!