TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

That's fair enough - I don't blame you for swapping out mates (that's not the issue) or that you're making an effort to send nice things to the AP - it's just what Ruby Eyes (and I hope I'm not putting  words in your mouth, Ruby Eyes) is saying is that when metals get "massbred", other people who are working on lineages (irrespective of choice of mate) can't get any dragon out of their own Metallic pairings, at all, because ratios/RNG ... and how it (the RNG) responds to even a small, teeny tiny spike in Metallic eggs produced.

For example, I've tried (and continue to try) to get a solitary 2G Gold out of various CB Holidays ... And bar, I believe, one, maybe two utter flukes from Snow Angel and Cali very early on, I get "no interest" or "no egg produced" ...  literally every single time (with Fertility - I daren't risk it without) 😞 .

TL;DR: Nice Shinies in the AP is lovely and awesome but the RNG is mean and salty!

I'd personally be very grateful if anyone has an army of laculas that they could breed. I'm trying to do lacula x white and getting a white egg seems to be impossible!

4 hours ago, Astiana2011 said:

For example, I've tried (and continue to try) to get a solitary 2G Gold out of various CB Holidays ... And bar, I believe, one, maybe two utter flukes from Snow Angel and Cali very early on, I get "no interest" or "no egg produced" ...  literally every single time (with Fertility - I daren't risk it without) 😞 .

See I have the opposite problem. I can often get 2Gs from holiday's with rarely a problem.  it's the commons that rarely produce golds for me.

18 hours ago, Astiana2011 said:

That's fair enough - I don't blame you for swapping out mates (that's not the issue) or that you're making an effort to send nice things to the AP - it's just what Ruby Eyes (and I hope I'm not putting  words in your mouth, Ruby Eyes) is saying is that when metals get "massbred", other people who are working on lineages (irrespective of choice of mate) can't get any dragon out of their own Metallic pairings, at all, because ratios/RNG ... and how it (the RNG) responds to even a small, teeny tiny spike in Metallic eggs produced.

TL;DR: Nice Shinies in the AP is lovely and awesome but the RNG is mean and salty!

Well people breed what they want when they want, even with the planned mass breeding of rares to send nice things to AP -you know you may be lucky to find your holiday lineage in what is dropped. Also, before the mass rare breed there were numerous people breeding rares anyways - as I'm sure they always do because when ever I am in the hatcheries I see no shortage of rares -shimmers, tinsels, gold and silver. So, when people aren't mass breeding they are still being bred as everyone plays as they want.

I find my rares might give rare eggs nicely for a while with one mate then you don't get any switch them up and you might get rares again. Getting a rare egg from breeding is a bit like playing the lottery to win a rare dragon - some are lucky and may get two or three of them, others unlucky and don't have any.

17 hours ago, Sunfeathers said:

I'd personally be very grateful if anyone has an army of laculas that they could breed. I'm trying to do lacula x white and getting a white egg seems to be impossible!

I want Pipios to give me Kyanites. Nope. (Mid lineage, so don't anyone try to be kind; it won't help. damn it !)

I just mass-bred my rares and uncommons, so in a few days a 2G Silver from male Arcana will be popping up in there, along with 2G/3G Zyus, Xenos, Aeons and so on. :)

23 hours ago, Ramica said:

you know you may be lucky to find your holiday lineage in what is dropped

*snerk* Did you ever do the math? How big may be the chance that actually someone who is currently working on a specific lineage will find exactly that lineage in the AP? So far, the ONLY time this has EVER happened to me was during holiday breedings, with holidays. NEVER EVER for rares, shinies or even uncommons.

Which is why I try to breed them myself, and then I get "no egg" most of the time. Sometimes, 51 weeks is just not long enough.

I will do mass breedings of Pinks and Reds, but then I think those are the most useful BSA dragons. I mean Aeons will tell you what something is going to be, but if it’s wrong you still need a pink to change it.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:39 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

*snerk* Did you ever do the math? How big may be the chance that actually someone who is currently working on a specific lineage will find exactly that lineage in the AP? So far, the ONLY time this has EVER happened to me was during holiday breedings, with holidays. NEVER EVER for rares, shinies or even uncommons.

Which is why I try to breed them myself, and then I get "no egg" most of the time. Sometimes, 51 weeks is just not long enough.

I've gotten lucky a couple of times grabbing guardians in the AP with lineages that I can use.  I'll troll thru and grab all the guardians I can, look at the lineages and keep what I like.  But that's probably because it is easier when looking for one specific kind of dragon vs multiple kinds of dragons.

Sometimes I'll go thru my scroll and mass breed my pinks and reds.  Not that I have enough to make a wall but I think even lineaged ones are desirable.  :)  And I'll breed dragons that make hybrids.  I should do that again soon.

One day, I may do a mass breed of my guardians.  But I think I'd hide my scroll first.  XD

Edited by Ytak

6 hours ago, Ytak said:

I've gotten lucky a couple of times grabbing guardians in the AP with lineages that I can use.  I'll troll thru and grab all the guardians I can, look at the lineages and keep what I like.  But that's probably because it is easier when looking for one specific kind of dragon vs multiple kinds of dragons.

That works great for commons indeed, but not for metallics, sadly. Commons get picked up and dropped again when people don't think they can use them - a couple of times for each egg until it finally finds a new home. Metallics are mostly kept by the first finder just for the sake of being metallics, even if the new owner wasn't specifically looking for that lineage, which is why it's nigh impossible to find exactly the metallic lineage you need on the AP.

HUGELY impressive Nocturne wall today. It seems to have been about 12 hours so far, and shows no sign of ending any time soon :blink:

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

HUGELY impressive Nocturne wall today. It seems to have been about 12 hours so far, and shows no sign of ending any time soon :blink:

I make it 21.5 hours so far, minimum. I really appreciate what it's done for the time in there.

They're not actually that messy for the most part either - a few hours ago they were coming through at least 50% 2Gs. Snagged a few to keep myself.

I was asleep for the first 12 hours or so then :)

I'm not happy. I don't like the wall. It is a holiday here and with the day free, no way to do hunting for CB eggs. 

The time would naturally go down on eggs at this point without these mass breedings, as we have (a) enough variety of breeds (b) people breeding this wide variety of breeds normally and (c) people catching CBs from the biomes and releasing them to help people find CBs in the AP. *

In protest, I have turned on my ad blockers for the site and the forum. They will go away once TJ implements some sanity to this massbreed issue.  He isn't getting ad revenue for me having to refresh the wall so many times in the hopes of catching something useful. 

It is at least 16 hours since I first noticed the wall.  11 p.m. last night Eastern time. 

* (d) There may be mechanics/ratios involved; I am not an expert at these things. 

The Nocturne wall seems to be cycling through holiday lines, 2gs, messies, etc... Last night I picked up 3 wonderfully messy Nocturnes (after being tipped off there were messies in the wall!) that I am so happy to have despite having waaaay more then enough Nocturnes already. It's amazing how many different messy lineages there are, honestly, it's very rare that I pick up a messy that's completely the same as one I already have. 

Personally I don't see walls as a problem (tho I'll admit this one is going on longer then the usual walls), but I wouldn't mind if something were implemented to limit the number of eggs shown from one breeder at a time. *Not* anything to limit actual breeding, though. Really I'm perfectly content to wade through the wall trying to find a messy I want, regardless of what breed the wall is. (Also, I will admit that sometimes 'clean' walls get me to step away from the computer for a bit out of frustration, which in my case is a good thing....)

The only thing that makes me sad about this wall is that there was *still* no "tabs" code in it XD

12 minutes ago, missy_ said:

The time would naturally go down on eggs at this point without these mass breedings

I don't think it would. It has gone up the past few days. Before that, it was incuhatchable for a while - because of some other walls, which were also considered great by some people and annoying by others. When their effect seemed to end, I bred as many of my own dragons as I could to help lower the time, but clearly that was not enough.

I don't particularly like Nocturnes (mostly because their sprite changing makes them difficult in lineages) and I don't particularly like one-breed walls, but I grabbed some interesting ones, and I LOVE that they made the AP incuhatchable.  :)  

Yeah - incuhatchable is FUN. And there have been some beautiful lines among the nocturnes.

Yay for incuhatchables!  I just bred all my reds, should be 80 or so arriving in a few days.

What's the point of an incuhatchable wall if you have to wait at least a full day to see it? What's the difference between that and having the egg sitting on your scroll? I don't see it. 

I could support the idea of an occasional organized mass breeding** such as CB holiday mates x CB BSA eggs (CB Holiday x CB Aeons, Reds, Pinks, Purples, Bolts) or CB Holiday x CB Trio or Guardian of Nature x CB mate for 2G Avatars. That would be a pretty exciting mass breeding if everyone in the cave did that! But once a year would be good for that sort of thing. I am not into messy so I can't comment on those. Maybe once a year we could have a messy mass breeding.

** (other than the pre-holiday ones currently in place)

See, I really like the occasional wall, especially when it's varied in lineages like the Nocturne wall was.... Plenty of 2nd-gens, stairsteps, pretty holiday lineages, *and* some messies. Something for everyone, unless they just totally don't like Nocturnes at all. A long wall like that with only 2nd-gens would be a *nightmare*, both for lineage-builders and for messy-hoarders. (Also, as someone who has been playing for 10 years now, I can't imagine how much smaller my hoards would be if mass-breeds could only happen once a year!!)

39 minutes ago, missy_ said:

What's the point of an incuhatchable wall if you have to wait at least a full day to see it? What's the difference between that and having the egg sitting on your scroll? I don't see it. 

I could support the idea of an occasional organized mass breeding** such as CB holiday mates x CB BSA eggs (CB Holiday x CB Aeons, Reds, Pinks, Purples, Bolts) or CB Holiday x CB Trio or Guardian of Nature x CB mate for 2G Avatars. That would be a pretty exciting mass breeding if everyone in the cave did that! But once a year would be good for that sort of thing. I am not into messy so I can't comment on those. Maybe once a year we could have a messy mass breeding.

** (other than the pre-holiday ones currently in place)

I don't know if you know this, but I also do an avatar/GON mass breed in May. I'm not particularly fond of the length of this breeding, but I know it will go away eventually.

I rather like the walls. Somebody will like the breed, no matter what it is. And afterward, you have low-time eggs, whether incuhatchable or near incuhatchable. If I don't like the wall, I can go breed my own things or biome hunt or do something IRL away from DC. You can't really control what somebody else does with their dragons.

And trying to organize everyone for a once-a-year massbreed would...be a nightmare. For one, how would you contact "everyone"? Not all players are on the forum. And when you decide what to massbreed, you might be making assumptions that everyone has so-and-so breed. Not everyone has GoNs or the means to make 2g Avatars, for example. New players who haven't been here for a holiday will have no CB holidays. That leaves them out of the loop completely for that massbreed.

I'd love to see community massbreeds, but I'd hate to organize it. Organizing a massbreed with a few other people is already hard to do, timing and IRL issues and such. But it'd be interesting to see.

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

I'm not particularly fond of the length of this breeding, but I know it will go away eventually.

The reason for the length of the nocturne wall is because that person has over 2,000 nocturnes that they bred!