TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

I sometimes do mass-breedings, even if they are of mixed breeds, mostly reds, gold wyverns and pinks.

On the 20th I mass-bred most of my seasonals. They are 4d13h left now, so a wall of summers should hit the AP in about 24 hours wink.gif

laugh.gif After seeing this thread I decided to try for my own wall. I was bored and egg-locked last night, so I bred about 50 Splits. They are all nice EG lineages, not the messy inbred lineages that one sees so often in Splits from the AP.

Anyone else remember the Neotropical Wall from either a few weeks ago or about a month or two ago? There were hundreds of Neotropicals bordering up the AP for a few hours.

Wait what there will be holiday walls?!

*gets super super excited*

Sounds like I'll be in the AP 24/7 in holiday periods then to get my hands on some xd.png

(I thought people would like keep them because they're so special and pretty!)

Not since the limits were taken off... Now all the eggs get snapped up quicker that one can blink. But you should be in the AP all the time.

Might mass breed my red dragons soon and keep all the red eggs. biggrin.gif

Edited by sbowen

I've been known to breed a whole bunch of (~40-50) Coastal Waverunners to the AP, mostly in the hopes that increasing their population would help me breed a Shimmer from one. No such luck yet, though. :/ I do try to ensure that they all have nice lineages, at least.

laugh.gif After seeing this thread I decided to try for my own wall. I was bored and egg-locked last night, so I bred about 50 Splits. They are all nice EG lineages, not the messy inbred lineages that one sees so often in Splits from the AP.

the AP displays 30 eggs, so 50 is a safe bet to NOT make a wall. smile.gif

Wait what there will be holiday walls?!

*gets super super excited*

Sounds like I'll be in the AP 24/7 in holiday periods then to get my hands on some xd.png

(I thought people would like keep them because they're so special and pretty!)

Yes, there are usually holiday walls. Any extra eggs in a clutch go to the AP. Users can only keep one egg from each holiday breeding. They might not last as long due to increased holiday limits though. But they are there. :3 Christmas usually has the longest lasting walls.

I and a group of friends routinely mass breed all our reds to the cave. biggrin.gif Never see that wall either because incubate is the most useful BSA. xd.png I dare say even more than influence, because people don't always care what gender an egg is.

People really shouldn't make a plan to get together and make a wall of anything, and "rare walls" don't work. You run into the ratio limits and don't get that many of the eggs to drop.

I disagree. After many of my mass breeds, mints had a period of some weeks/months where people had difficulty finding them in the cave. I literally had people who owed me mints telling me they couldn't find any.

That was only using about 600 mints x non-mint a week, so chances are, if I did 1000 mint x non-mints now, it would be very different and mints might actually go dormant again.

Edit: Whoops, I just read that again and it seems you went on about rares. In that case, yeah, you just run into problems. I've tried for the past 2 weeks breeding about a 100 of my metal pairs and only get about 15 metals max/week.

Edited by FortyTwo

Yeah. I have absolutely no problem with how you do things. smile.gif I don't mind a couple friends getting together and seeing if they can fill the ap with their mints or nocturnes, or whatever super common they want - especially if what they're breeding is nice lineages. If they start trying to flood the ap with rares or uncommons that isn't going to work and is going to cause issues for others breeding those dragons.

Plus, I really don't want to see anyone trying to organize a "mass breed" where a whole bunch of people participate and breed their whole scrolls.

Ugh, I think I spend too much time on this site. I took a nap and dreamed of a huge wall of shimmerscales in every variant.

Not gonna lie, I've really been wanting to organize a Brute wall bred on March 15. Because Ides of March Brutes just tickle me.

Though I might wait a year or two, and hopefully have my massive lineage done before I go ruining my chances of getting CBs.

Not gonna lie, I've really been wanting to organize a Brute wall bred on March 15. Because Ides of March Brutes just tickle me.

Though I might wait a year or two, and hopefully have my massive lineage done before I go ruining my chances of getting CBs.

Ok, I would totally snag one, partially because the pun is incredible, and partially because my birthday is March 15th and it would feel wrong not to.

Amazing idea! laugh.gif

I'd join that! xd.png

Count me and my few brutes in as well. Might reach 100 CBs or so until then.

Honestly I'm not a fan of single breed walls as they clog up the AP for ages which is annoying. They do look funky though. A mass breeding of rares to help newbies and people slow internet out would probably help out the community (And that wall of holidays sounds nice, I keep missing them). I suppose I'm actually mixed on the subject.

Honestly I'm not a fan of single breed walls as they clog up the AP for ages which is annoying. They do look funky though. A mass breeding of rares to help newbies and people slow internet out would probably help out the community (And that wall of holidays sounds nice, I keep missing them). I suppose I'm actually mixed on the subject.

Attempts to mass-breed rares don't usually work. Their ratios are so much lower than other breeds (and they're so heavily bred anyway for trading/gifting purposes) that you tend to get the mate's breed or nothing.

The ratio may be low but the amount of people who have them isn't anymore. Perhaps not a single breed just rares and in general. It'd far more appreciated than blocking the AP with commons, I know a few players who can only catch most of the uncommon dragons off the AP.

If someone did get lucky and breed a bunch of rare eggs, there wouldn't be walls since people would grab them quickly.

Edited by dirtytabs

If someone did get lucky and breed a bunch of rare eggs, there wouldn't be walls since people would grab them quickly.

I suppose.....

ugh I really hate ap floods. they're really boring, and a few times some of the eggs I've bred never show up on for people to grab due to being pushed back by walls (including the one time I successfully bred a 2nd gen magma).

can't be done. i bred two entire breeding projects (ice x blusang checker, gold x silver checker) before i did those crimsons. and i breed all my metals weekly - on average, you get about 1 egg out of every 10-20 tries. so to even get close to a wall, you'd need above 600 rares to start with.

Can't be done anyway. Even if you breed rare x rare you won't get enough rare eggs to make a wall. The ratios simply won't do it. And if you breed rare x common you'll get so many common eggs out of the pairs that what you end up with is a wall of whatever commons were tried with the rares. Plus that screws up rare breeding ratios for awhile afterwards.