Pixxelation

ANSWERED:Fourth of July Badge

I'm not sure if anyone else agrees, but I think the fact that the Fourth of July badge was only obtainable once, without any given warning, and many users were busy due to the American holiday, it is rather silly that it was only obtainable once. I'd like to propose we bring the badge back yearly so that those who did not have the chance to obtain it can get it. All the other badges, save the Carrot Cave one, had a warning in the form of an event announcement or the event having happened in past years. Otherwise, they're obtainable year-round (trophies).

Thoughts?

what bugs me about is I was on all the time then, but didn't get it because it didn't register as my being logged in.

But, really, all the badges except Magi carp are one time events. People are more likely to get the holiday ones purely because they log on for the new dragons. If you can't get older event badges I don't see why anyone needs that one either.

The difference is that the other badges were announced in advance. The fact that it wasn't bugs me a lot.

You can get the Magikarp badge any time, really.

The Easter Basket badge is available each Easter - just the old eggs aren't.

The Trick or Treat badge is available each and every Halloween - just the old treats aren't.

Since July 4th is an event that occurs every year and the badge wasn't part of one very special event (like the Tree Decorating) that doesn't happen again, I don't see why the July 4th badge cannot be available every year.

(Personally, I have no stake in this, as I do have that badge already.)

I don't have a horse in this race, since I already have the badge, but I would support this for those who missed it. Now about the carrot cave one . . .

I'd support that, too - IF we get to see "carrot cave" again. But right now, I got the impression that it was a one-time event where all dragons were suddenly carrots and all eggs were suddenly seeds and so on. (The leetle tree was a broccoli, btw.)

We aren't entitled to badges. So what if it wasn't already announced? There are different ways to earn different badges and way you could earn that one was by logging on on a day when not many people did.

Honestly...

I don't care about this one way or the other.

If it were made available every year, I wouldn't pitch a fit over it, and I wouldn't if it were not. Before anyone asks, no i don't have that badge. BUT, frankly, I am not sure that it would BENEFIT me at all to have it. i can't breed it or trade it... so why does it effect me one way or the other if I have it or not?

There's a fourth of July badge? ...well! xd.png

I've got to admit, I don't actually really want this badge (not being American and all that), so I'm actually happy I can't accidentally get it. laugh.gif I guess I'd view it as a marker on my scroll that I celebrate the occasion, which just isn't right. I mean, I think it's great other people celebrate it, don't get me wrong, but it would feel insincere if I had the badge. And that insincerity would bug me.

But that's more of an observation on the side, since my feelings aren't super strong, or anything - and if it's important to other people, this should probably be fixed. :?

Moot, because it's not a fourth of July badge (see below). Ignore me!

Edited by pinkgothic

user posted image This one? Wasn't that for being there for a dragon release? That's what I always thought - it wouldn't make sense to make it available every year then.

But apart from this one and carrot cave, all badges can be obtained any time or in an event that lasted a couple of days, so I can understand why people are frustrated about this one. I'm missing the haunted house badge, even though I did the event, but apparently did not complete it (?) or it didn't register I did it.

Edit: ninja.gif 'd

And I just checked all the badges on the wiki and realized that the easter and halloween basket badges are different for each year:

easter user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

halloween: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

So I'll never get all badges anyway *shrug*

Edited by Ha-Ki

^Cinnamin--Right on that it was actually for Beat the Heat (and that fits because releases were/are again unannounced). However, I'm not seeing badges for any other releases?

Referencing the wikia page on badges.

I guess it was one of those days when TJ said "I feel like doing something random"

Also, note that I personally do not have this badge. I was not around yet. I also do not have the Christmas Tree or Carrot Cave. I have all of the others, but the lack of those three is not something I feel the need to be upset over; I didn't do what was required to get them.

Edited by Angelina Gienah

The "Beat the Heat Summer Release" badge was NOT for the 4th of July. http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=96670

It was the release for the Spitfire and Coastal Waverunner. At that time, TJ was giving out badges for almost every new release. It was back before there were monthly releases.

From my understanding, the reason for the badge was because the release was on the fourth of July. And that's not true at all; that is the only badge for a release. The others are for events or scroll collection numbers (trophies).

My understanding is that it was for the Beat the Heat release. I don't think the badge really needs to be released.

halloween: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

So I'll never get all badges anyway *shrug*

The Halloween Pumpkins differ by scroll, not by year. I assume it's the same for the easter baskets.

While I won't pitch a fit if it happens, I personally like the idea of badges that can only be gotten once. It was meant to commemorate a release, besides, the carrot cave will still be only a one time badge as well, you even mentioned that one. I see no reason to make this one come back if the carrot cave one remains a one time badge.

The pop-up for the badge is "Beat the Heat Summer" not "Fourth of July". It perhaps signifies the fourth of July but it seems to correlate either with the release or just with summer.

I would prefer people make a badge for some random special day and send it off to TJ. (I think that's basically the reason we got that badge. Because - Jazi? - made it and sent it to TJ randomly. I know that's why Carrot Cave has a badge. We didn't at first and then on skype we were like 'this should totes have a carrot badge!' and TJ told us 'sure if someone makes one' and Angz produced the lovely one one our scrolls now and TJ added it.) That way people who have missed past one-day badges have a chance for future ones. I'm not a fan of gathering so many badges they run two lines on our scroll (when we start to get there, I suggest the trophy case someone suggested some time back), but I am a fan of random badges. Badges are not like dragons and I don't think we need to be able to collect them all. Due to having no internet one Christmas, I will never have the gingerbread house badge. That's fine with me. I will and did get future badges. I support more random badges (not just for events!), but I don't support backtracking and getting old, one-time badges.

There is no Fourth of July badge; DC doesn't celebrate the Fourth of July, which is a US-specific holiday.

Thus, there is no way to give out a badge (that does not exist) again.