TJ09

2014-09-20 - September Release

Ah, well, if that's the case that there is no dimorphism then I'm already hitting my scroll goals laugh.gif That makes life easier!

I still feel like hoarding them, however, because they are awesome

Thanks Process and TCA for the dragons! :3 (process said they did most of the adults and that TCA only edited the head and recolored)

They were originally a mostly-shaded sprite Process tossed in the Abandoned Art thread. I finished the shading and did significant edits to a few areas, as well as colors, head, and some other detail work :3

They were originally a mostly-shaded sprite Process tossed in the Abandoned Art thread. I finished the shading and did significant edits to a few areas, as well as colors, head, and some other detail work :3

haha you should have seen process the other day they were pissed these were released because they consider them so bad compared to what they make these days. xd.png gods the sprites she threw around in chat were drool worthy.

I think TJ was trolling. These were never dimorphic.

I was wondering when he was gonna do something like that... we always assume, when there's that many eggs... xd.png

ETA: Wait, I'm dumb. It makes sense. Nine eggs for September, the ninth month.

Why did I just now get this.

Edited by Stromboli

haha you should have seen process the other day they were pissed these were released because they consider them so bad compared to what they make these days. xd.png gods the sprites she threw around in chat were drool worthy.

Pfft, everything Process makes is gorgeous. Those Lacewings are my second favorite thing on the CL and I've always liked the Saevios as well.

Hey TCA, make a Touhou dragon next, pleeaaaaase. :3

ETA: Wait, I'm dumb. It makes sense. Nine eggs for September, the ninth month.

Why did I just now get this.

And there were eight eggs in August. *rolls eyes*

Edited by Dimar

Hey TCA, make a Touhou dragon next, pleeaaaaase. :3

I second this.

Got to admit I am a little disappointed that all the differences between the three are color(markings don't count). They are pretty, but with so little differences between them I don't think I will collect many.

Edited by Nectaris

When the Breeding Plans thread is made in Site Discussion, I think there should be separate threads for Spessartine, Almandine, and Pyrope. Their colors are different enough that they need completely different pairings. I'm already working on lineage plans. smile.gif

I think TJ was trolling. These were never dimorphic.

Last month TJ did 8 eggs in the 8th month. Maybe he just liked the idea of 9 eggs for the 9th month? =o Maybe he wants extras for breeding pairs? ;P

But then again, this is definitely true:

Fits the Homestuck theme too.

XD

Anyway, the adults are beautiful and I love that they aren't just different colors but have different markings. I can't pick a favorite! Congrats to both TCA and Process. <3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I know I said I liked the Pyropes the best before, but I meant in pattern. :P Looking over them again, I think the Spessartines are definitely still my favorites overall. The Almandines are pretty, I just like the others more. c:

So these are referencing Homestuck? O.o The reference is lost on me. I've never read it and don't plan to because it doesn't interest me. :P

Oh TJ you silly troll :U I kind of wish these guys had dimorphism but at the same time I think they're really good by themselves. <3 TCA dun listen to them haters. >:U These are gorgeous.

I'm also very glad for two new spriters!

Definitely breeding the spessartines with seragammas <3

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Wow, they all look gorgeous! Now that I see the adults, I'm not too sure which variant I love the best anymore. I'll have some fun collecting my goal number of all 3.

I also love that the Pyralsprites not only have different colors, but also different markings and personalities. Very adorable!

I've had somewhat good luck catching the Volcanoes. Only caught 1 pair from the Coast. And have had absolutely terrible luck of getting any Alpines. Gotta admit, definitely one of the most frustrating egg hunts... :'D

For the first non-scheduled release in a long time, I could really have done without the "trolling."

I abandoned several eggs I now seriously regret, including a nice magma.

I'm so afraid to have another Copper rare egg. sad.gif

The adults look amazing! I feel like I'm gonna have a hard time remembering the correct names for telling which variant is which, though xd.png

I adore all of these... I think the pyropes are my faves as far as color and pattern. No surprise there ( AND a good thing I grabbed TWO of those)But the Almandines' personalities amuse me.

Edited by Silverswift

Ahhh these are beautiful. I love the bright colors and how the variations differ from each other. These will look fantastic in lineages. Especially the pink one. I love the pink one. Though I have a feeling that these will forever be known as "orange" "red" and "pink"... love those names but so many letters. I'd fail at spelling them. laugh.gif

What a very simple, yet lovely addition to the cave...and three different colors to add! The alpine ones are my favs but the other two are close behind. Congrats to TCA as well, I think this is your first in-cave baby? Correct me if I'm wrong. ^^ Great work.

Also... for those that are curious I did some reasearch on garnets and APPARENTLY Pyropes and Almandines are very VERY difficult to tell apart. So... the fact that these guys are tricky may well be intentional.