TJ09

2014-09-20 - September Release

Really liking these new eggs. I have four of the Coastal and Volcano ones but have not managed to get any Alpine.

Why does it say there are 9 eggs? does this mean that it just implies 9 different sprites (hatchling, non gendered hatcling, and adult of all three eggs) rather than 9 final results? That's rather confusing.

that is typically how it is?

he collected 9 eggs which was three of each

he always freezes one hatchling though so it makes us assume dimorphism usually

so yeah

Really liking these new eggs. I have four of the Coastal and Volcano ones but have not managed to get any Alpine.

Why does it say there are 9 eggs? does this mean that it just implies 9 different sprites (hatchling, non gendered hatcling, and adult of all three eggs) rather than 9 final results? That's rather confusing.

Yeah, I admit, that wording is kinda confusing.

Usually, that will mean there's a different adult male and female sprite. TJ will freeze one of the gendered hatchlings of each type as well.

We'll just have to see how the other adults turn out. smile.gif

Yay, new dragons starting to grow up!

I'm now happier then ever about the turnout of this new release. Go Pyralspite dragons!

Great work, TCA. wink.gif

I love that I've seen people saying Almandines are their favorite, Pyropes are their favorite, and Spessartines are their favorite. I've succeeded if there are people who love each kind~

You have! I haven't liked the newly released dragons this much since almost March.

Though I wonder, do the very different personalities of the three kinds affect their Avatar affiliations? Or are they all lumped together as a breed?

Ooh, I rather hope they breed different Avatars. That could make an interesting lineage...

Why does it say there are 9 eggs?  does this mean that it just implies 9 different sprites (hatchling, non gendered hatcling, and adult of all three eggs) rather than 9 final results?  That's rather confusing.

TJ collects gendered sprites; he has 4 eggs if adults and hatchlings are dimorphic, because he freezes a hatchling of each gender. And just 2 eggs if there's no dimorphism at all. In this case, he has 3 eggs of each because the adults should be dimorphic and hatchlings aren't. 3 colors, 3 eggs each equals 9 total. (I'm suspecting their wing markings are all different but poses are the same).

Edited by Dimar

(I'm suspecting their wing markings are all different but poses are the same).

Good call.

welp it's a homestuck reference

At least they're pretty. I might hoard hatchies.

Edit: Oh, I'm dumb. That's also the name for that family of garnets anyway.

Well, still.

Edited by Kiryu

how do you know it's homestuck maybe I just really like garnets

how do you know it's homestuck maybe I just really like garnets

Because we know you :P

I love that I've seen people saying Almandines are their favorite, Pyropes are their favorite, and Spessartines are their favorite. I've succeeded if there are people who love each kind~

Well, the Pyrope and Almandine are my favorites. So far. I might change my mind once the rest grow up! biggrin.gif

I think two orange males grew up by accident.

TJ has the magical ability to revert adults back to hatchlings so that he can freeze them. I think that's what usually happens; everyone grows up at first. laugh.gif

Eeeeeeeh I'm not really thrilled with these.

The dark red ones are still my favorite of the lot, but I don't really care that much for them as a whole. I was hoping I'd like the adults more than the hatchies, but they just don't seem to be my thing. I was so excited when I saw 'garnet' in the hatchie descriptions, too :C

Ah well. Not every release can be everyones cup of tea, thanks to TCA and TJ for the addition to the cave all the same!

I just realized that the dragons of different gender are at the end of the line. So they're going to hatch last.

*shakes fist at TJ*

The opposite gender hatchlings are such teases. Grow up already!

Wait? There's no difference at all. Why were there three eggs then?

Edited by alupe99a

Perhaps they will be adults by the time I come back from getting something to eat...

Oh, the Spessartine female grew up.

Edited by lindsy95

... pls

I think that's all I have to say here. xd.png

Pyropes are probably my favorite.